Hip-hop or rock

DeletedUser

I listened to plenty of rap, even sat down with students analyzing the arrhythmic miscounts, word butchering, and nonsensical lyrics.

Take this one, for example:

"Young Money in charge
Yes It´s Little Wayne but the moneys enlarge.
Priorities Young Money & God
Now they wanna know how I be getting money on Mars

Cause I be getting paid like outta this world
Hip-Hop is a
<profanity> and I´m proud of this Girl.
When the sharks come see how the fish curl
This is my Game you Gonna need a referral
I know more about tree than squirrel
Me no talk much but the heat so verbal
Brand New Marc Jacobs Pink Coat thermal
Gun outside of the Gear external.
I´m so fly ya´ll still at the terminal.
I´ll put you in the dirt just because I see the worm in you.
" ~ Busta Rhymes

epic fail

Hey thats not busta rhymes! Its lil wayne and he is the worst "musician" in the world. Ugh he gives me nightmares. And he ruined a perfectly good song with that verse.

DeletedUser

It is pretty funny that Hellstromm gives credit to Busta Rhymes for that when the lyrics clearly state who the author is. Just goes to show that the people who bash rap are usually intent on finding the crappiest rap to substantiate their jaded opinion.

DeletedUser

And he would quote the worst rapper there is. Some of the good ones are Eminem (his older stuff), NaS, and Jay-Z. And also Busta Rhymes because his music videos are hilarious!

DeletedUser

Nice to see you're both just full of it. It's a group song, with Busta Rhymes singing the first verse, Lil Wayne singing the second, Jadakiss singing the third, etc. It's called, "Respect my Conglomerate" and can be found on Busta Rhymes CD, "Back on my B.S."

DeletedUser

I like most music, but many genres of rock are high on my list. I also like some hip hop, some rappers, like, I hate to say it, Eminem, much more than others. I generally can't listen to hip hop for extended periods of time because it all starts sounding the same. Listening to a rap station gets old too, because they're as bad as country about replaying the same songs over and over and over again.

DeletedUser

QFT.

Let's face it; rock, metal, all of their sub-genres are vastly superior to all and any hip-hop.

This may be one of the only times I would be happy to completely agree with John, but he is completely right about rap/hiphop being surpassed by every music genra. Hell, for those of you who absolutley hate country, look at rap music...

Country: Real instruments with someone talking about some sappy romance in the background; further ruining countrys once good reputation.

Rap: Computer generated sounds with screaming idiots in background; ******s attempting poetry sums it up.

DeletedUser

Nice to see you're both just full of it. It's a group song, with Busta Rhymes singing the first verse, Lil Wayne singing the second, Jadakiss singing the third, etc. It's called, "Respect my Conglomerate" and can be found on Busta Rhymes CD, "Back on my B.S."

Hey I bought that CD first day it came out.:p

This may be one of the only times I would be happy to completely agree with John, but he is completely right about rap/hiphop being surpassed by every music genra. Hell, for those of you who absolutley hate country, look at rap music...

Country: Real instruments with someone talking about some sappy romance in the background; further ruining countrys once good reputation.

Rap: Computer generated sounds with screaming idiots in background; ******s attempting poetry sums it up.

The song Death Of Autotune by Jay-Z has real instruments and its a good rap song because it disses all that new crap hiphop that uses autotune.

I like most music, but many genres of rock are high on my list. I also like some hip hop, some rappers, like, I hate to say it, Eminem, much more than others. I generally can't listen to hip hop for extended periods of time because it all starts sounding the same. Listening to a rap station gets old too, because they're as bad as country about replaying the same songs over and over and over again.

So true. They always play the same songs on the radio.:mad:

DeletedUser

Is`nt hip-hop what little girls play in the schoolyard ? I may be wrong on that but everyone has their own taste.

Mine is so-called "Prog rock"

The Alan Parsons Project.
Vangelis.
Yes.
Camel.
E.L.O.
Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
Pink Floyd.

There`s probably still a Zappa album lying around somewhere as well.

DeletedUser

Is`nt hip-hop what little girls play in the schoolyard ? I may be wrong on that but everyone has their own taste.

Mine is so-called "Prog rock"

The Alan Parsons Project.
Vangelis.
Yes.
Camel.
E.L.O.
Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
Pink Floyd.

There`s probably still a Zappa album lying around somewhere as well.

It's hop-scotch you silly goose! :D

DeletedUser

rock, esppecially old rock (scorpions, ftw!), any kind of metal (metallica, Lordi ftw, slipknot sux!!) but only Greek rap and hip-hop!

*edit: added url for lordi!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it's quite ok! but I prefer metal

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

At the time of this posting, there have been 666 views on this thread.
Death metal with satanic verses, anyone?

I like hip-hop a bit better than rock, although I prefer trance/techno or classical over both.

DeletedUser

ehh right death metal is sucks i only listening in christian metal or other metal

DeletedUser

At the time of this posting, there have been 666 views on this thread.
Death metal with satanic verses, anyone?

I like hip-hop a bit better than rock, although I prefer trance/techno or classical over both.

I actually really like hip-hop or rap done with a classical song in the background, it sounds cool.