Hip-hop or rock

DeletedUser

I'm sure the artists appreciate you stealing their music. Then everyone wonders why the music industry is going downhill. Why on Earth would I be jealous? Make sense boy!

By the way Phantomn, you now have 48 hours to listen to all the hip hop you want on world 3. :D

DeletedUser

Thanks but i listened it anyway!

Is your 48 hours of listening your noob music over,that i gave you on w3?

DeletedUser

Noob music? Lol. Oh, where I fought you with 135 hp and KO'd myself on purpose? Yes, days ago.

Anyways, those album sales are correct and if you can give proof that any hip hop artist has sold over 40 million albums then I'll apologize.

Most viewed music videos on Youtube of all time:

Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend - 121 million
Chris Brown - With You - 94 million
Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music - 90 million
Miley Cyrus - 7 Things - 89 million
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - 86 million

I would hardly say Youtube represents the best and the brightest. Or are you going to argue that Miley Cyrus > every other current artist but 3? Out of those top 5 only 2 are considered hip hop and the other 3 being pop.

DeletedUser3717

Hip Hop is not dead

artists like 50 Cent;The game;Ludacris;Flo Rida; are wayyyyy better than all your your rock bands together!

Where is your evidence to back up these claims?

50 cent is just another stupid gangster label that repeats the same words over in one song 50 times, All those singers you mentioned on top sing about the same lyrics everytime.

These are what the lyrics mostly remark to.

"Drugs,Money,Girls,Coppers,Guns"

At least with rock they express them selfs freely and learn not to repeat one verse in every song in every album..

So dude SShuss..

DeletedUser

Also the top 5 selling concerts of 2008 were:

Artist - revenue/attendance
Bon Jovi - 210mil/2.1mil
Springsteen - 204mil/2.1mil
Madonna - 185mil/1.3mil
The Police - 149mil/1.5mil
Celine Dion - 91mil/755k

Actually there were no hip hop artists that even made the top 15 on the list. When Billy Joel is outselling hip hop artists on the concert tour then hip hop is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OMG that was the best joke i ever heard :D

Do you live on earth man?:eek:hmy::huh:

Are you deaf or something? It doesn't take much talent to take old songs and renew them with crappy results. Thats exactly what Flo-Rida does.

Noob music? Lol. Oh, where I fought you with 135 hp and KO'd myself on purpose? Yes, days ago.

Anyways, those album sales are correct and if you can give proof that any hip hop artist has sold over 40 million albums then I'll apologize.

Most viewed music videos on Youtube of all time:

Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend - 121 million
Chris Brown - With You - 94 million
Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music - 90 million
Miley Cyrus - 7 Things - 89 million
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - 86 million

I would hardly say Youtube represents the best and the brightest. Or are you going to argue that Miley Cyrus > every other current artist but 3? Out of those top 5 only 2 are considered hip hop and the other 3 being pop.

Eninem has sold approximately 60+ million albums.
For the chart click this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem_discography#Studio_albums

DeletedUser

The album sales I listed are for one specific album (hence the album name given), not all albums put out by that artist. Eminem hasn't sold 40 million copies of a single album. His Marshall Mathers sold 10 million and that is his highest selling to date.

List of best selling musicians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists#1_billion_records_or_more

Hip Hop is sorely lacking in the list.

Ahhh,:unsure: I thought you meant total of all albums. Eminem is probably one of the best selling hip hop artists though, besides 2pac.

Edit: Just read that chart, Tupac and Jay-Z are in the 50-74 million records and Eminem is right above in the 75-99 million records.

Edit 2: And also Metal is not on the list much. I only saw Metallica and that was all.

DeletedUser

Either/or comparisons of any genre of music are idiotic. Most serious musicians don't like to be lumped into any specific genre and they generally listen and are influenced by a wide range of music.

Ice-T was heavily influence by metal, has his metal band (Body Count), and probably has more respect for the metal of today than the rap, if you've ever heard his opinions on today's rappers. Personally, I think Ice-T's opinion is much more relevant than Phantomn, whose link was more about what's wrong with rap today than what's right with it (style > substance), or anyone else who has said hip hop in this thread.

Typical hip hop fan today:
435223235_l.jpg

DeletedUser

Edit 2: And also Metal is not on the list much. I only saw Metallica and that was all.
Lol. Part of the culture of Metal is to NOT be accepted by the mainstream. Do you know how many people call Metallica sellouts for being mainstream now?

DeletedUser

wow half of the people who put metal or rock sucks are the people who have grown up listening to rap or hip hop and barely know what each one is because they listen to what their parents like/d.

DeletedUser

Either/or comparisons of any genre of music are idiotic. Most serious musicians don't like to be lumped into any specific genre and they generally listen and are influenced by a wide range of music.

Ice-T was heavily influence by metal, has his metal band (Body Count), and probably has more respect for the metal of today than the rap, if you've ever heard his opinions on today's rappers. Personally, I think Ice-T's opinion is much more relevant than Phantomn, whose link was more about what's wrong with rap today than what's right with it (style > substance), or anyone else who has said hip hop in this thread.

Typical hip hop fan today:
435223235_l.jpg

Look at the website the pictures from. Lol. :laugh:

Lol. Part of the culture of Metal is to NOT be accepted by the mainstream. Do you know how many people call Metallica sellouts for being mainstream now?

I never realized that. Seems like they must not make much money. They should start trading pokemon. :D

wow half of the people who put metal or rock sucks are the people who have grown up listening to rap or hip hop and barely know what each one is because they listen to what their parents like/d.

I only started listening to hip-hop in January to Feburary this year. Before it was all rock or metal. I like rock and metal also, but i like hip-hop more right now. And my parents hate hip-hop/rap.

DeletedUser

thats true but for metal to survive it couldnt stay as it was hip hop has more or less stayed as it was when it first came out

Not necessarily true. The trouble comes when you're trying to define what metal is, exactly. Music (including Hip Hop) evolves with time. Whether or not you create a specific subgenre for it is up to the individual.

Umm yeah, because any 10 year old with an internet connection can watch anything on Youtube.

Top 5 best selling albums of all time:

1. Michael Jackson - Thriller - over 100 million
2. AC/DC - Back in Black - 45 million
3. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 45 million
4. Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell - 43 million
5. Eagles - Greatest Hits - 42 million

With the exception of MJ being Pop the other 4 are considered Rock. Fool yourself all you want, Rock > all.

Usher's Confessions sold 20 million. That would be the first on the list that isn't considered Rock, Pop or Country.

I would even argue that Usher is more on the pop side than Hip Hop but I see where you're coming from. What I don't understand is how the hell MEATLOAF got on that list. I didn't realize he was a mega-millionaire.