Goldens - was it worth it?

DeletedUser9470

See above comment Neo

:)
id personally love to see these weapons completely dissappear.
gold weapons?
seriously? the west? or james bond film?
whats next?
lightsabres and laser guns? with +50 appearance and 400-600 damage?

DeletedUser16008

Meh already there soldiers are doing 400 - 600 damage in forts atm thanks to the GG :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

whats next? lightsabres and laser guns?

They've probably been suggested.

In an attack on w12 today, they had 7 golden guns and 2 precise Winchesters on the adventurer tower.

9 Precise Winchesters: 1800-2799 damage per round
2 Precise Winchesters and 7 golden guns: 2969-3996 damage per round

Assuming they all hit of course, but 2+7 has a much better chance of hitting than the 9 Winchesters did. Yeah, that's balanced.

DeletedUser25233

I think the solution of make golden set items (all three of them) degrade over time is a good one. Maybe you could combine that idea with the 'they require maintenance' idea, and the 'they shouldn't be so much better than the shiny's' idea by having them degrade over time to the 'tarnished golden sabre/colt'. This weapon should be about as good as Hernando's (but without the reflex and trading bonuses), with degraded bonuses as well, say +3 aiming +5 vigour/shooting. I also like the idea of payment in gold dust to maintain them, so perhaps, once they reach the tarnished stage, you can maintain them there with payments of gold dust and time (say, a few hours at the gunsmith's shop while they're being repaired? And while this is happening, the weapon can't be used? And maybe your Gunsmith needs to be a certain level to allow this sort of maintenance?)
I agree that having tons of GGs at an FF is a bit of a debacle, and makes it difficult for the casual gamer to enjoy battles. I heard it suggested somewhere that could be a limit on the number of GG bonuses per sector - so if you've got 7 GGs in the sector, great, but you only get the fort-bonuses from two of them (for example). I thought that sounded like a good idea.

I also like the idea of having just 1 special/powerful named item per world (just 1 Belle Starr's, just one Wyatt Earp's etc.) The only bummer about that is if you start playing The West after all the specials have been nabbed. Or maybe you could have just a few of each (I don't know, 3-5 maybe) as a 'special edition' sort of thing. The golden colt, by contrast, isn't much of a special edition - "Hurry and order yours now! Only 47,930,601 left!" It's true, that in this case, it's not a 'level playing field', but it's not too bumpy a playing field if the specials aren't as disproportionately better than the next-best thing (as the colt/sabre are now), and your chance of coming across someone wielding one are hugely reduced. As it's been mentioned earlier in this thread, at the moment, almost every Tom, and Harry who's high enough in level to wield a golden duel weapon does so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

In an attack on w12 today, they had 7 golden guns and 2 precise Winchesters on the adventurer tower.

Assuming they all hit of course, but 2+7 has a much better chance of hitting than the 9 Winchesters did. Yeah, that's balanced.

Time to roll out the dynamite and the Gatling guns ......

DeletedUser

And I was sniping with precise winchester behind that tower. That wasn't filled with adventurers only so tower's bonuses were not that good for everyone inside it.
And you didn't make sure soldier tower has soldiers only with 7 gold guns, 2 precise winchesters, leadership bonuses and massive HP soldiers can have. Who is to blame there, an item, or bad defending strategy?

Nerf soldiers first Elmyr. Not some months needed to get items.

DeletedUser

Those Golden Guns has another drawback. Towers can hold only 9 players thereby 9 golden guns. Attckers sectors are much bigger making room for over 30 players. <once a sector has 20 plus GGs it will be very hard if not possible to keep the towers there as those GGs almost negates the tower bonuses. Espescially on small forts.

DeletedUser9470

And I was sniping with precise winchester behind that tower. That wasn't filled with adventurers only so tower's bonuses were not that good for everyone inside it.
And you didn't make sure soldier tower has soldiers only with 7 gold guns, 2 precise winchesters, leadership bonuses and massive HP soldiers can have. Who is to blame there, an item, or bad defending strategy?

Nerf soldiers first Elmyr. Not some months needed to get items.

man get over it!
personally i think builders 60% area bonus, duelers critical hits and the dodge advents bonuses should also be nerved should soldiers be nerved as well...

every character gets a bonus in battles. whether you think soldiers one is better is your opinion.

stop spamming about it cos its very tiring.

DeletedUser

personally i think builders 60% area bonus, duelers critical hits and the dodge advents bonuses should also be nerved should soldiers be nerved as well...

Yep, all of which can be game changing. 10k hp isn't quite as impressive when they can be brought down by 8 hits from lucky duelers. The worker bonus would be devastating if more workers were specced for fort battles, but I've still seen a worker on the SE corner survive the first round of a one-sided east attack on a medium almost unscathed. Then there's the advent bonus. Get a pure hp adventurer on the flag and it's over. No one player can have such a huge effect on a battle by himself.

DeletedUser22575

Yep, all of which can be game changing. 10k hp isn't quite as impressive when they can be brought down by 8 hits from lucky duelers. The worker bonus would be devastating if more workers were specced for fort battles, but I've still seen a worker on the SE corner survive the first round of a one-sided east attack on a medium almost unscathed. Then there's the advent bonus. Get a pure hp adventurer on the flag and it's over. No one player can have such a huge effect on a battle by himself.

Well. there you have it. Despite those who only want to scream "holy tumpet" and "nerf the soldier" if any class is going to be nerfed it looks like workers and adventurers need to be considered first.

Perhaps its time for some to realize that classes are balanced by class design purposes instead of constantly trying to get not only what their class should have but other classes nerfed to where theirs is the be all to end all.

As far as the GG problem I think the solution is to:

1. Change the difficulty level to get the Golden Saber and Golden Pistol to where it is about 3x as hard to complete the quest as it is now. This would decrease the number of them around....while at the same time restore value back to the true named weapons.

2. Change the drop rate for key 3 to where it is a true rare item. Make the Golden Gun to where it is something to be valued and wished for, not as common as cotton candy at the carnival.

As far as the Golden Gun problem in Arizona...I see the solution as this.

If you have a fort just quit defending it. Let those towns full of Golden Guns have those forts. Under those conditions those forts and fort battles will be meaningless. No exp, no chests...and so what if they have the forts.

But that will take all of those Golden Guns and make them useless. Once the point has been made then discussions can resume about fort fights and conditions which they can be fought under...no multis...decent time frames...limited number of GG's at fort fights..etc..

and restore Arizona fort fighting back to what fort fighting was designed to be.....fun ...not something to be treated by those involved in it like it was a RL World War.

Time for some perspective to return to the game.

DeletedUser28121

As far as the Golden Gun problem in Arizona...I see the solution as this.

If you have a fort just quit defending it. Let those towns full of Golden Guns have those forts. Under those conditions those forts and fort battles will be meaningless. No exp, no chests...and so what if they have the forts.

But that will take all of those Golden Guns and make them useless. Once the point has been made then discussions can resume about fort fights and conditions which they can be fought under...no multis...decent time frames...limited number of GG's at fort fights..etc..

and restore Arizona fort fighting back to what fort fighting was designed to be.....fun ...not something to be treated by those involved in it like it was a RL World War.

Time for some perspective to return to the game.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Get your side to agree on this and ill gladly hang my GG over the fire place... too bad egos are involved here... this GG crusade is getting ridiculous ; learn to play FF's (instead of hiding in the fort TJ :p) and they will become a non-issue.

DeletedUser22575

HAHAHAHA!!!! Get your side to agree on this and ill gladly hang my GG over the fire place... too bad egos are involved here... this GG crusade is getting ridiculous ; learn to play FF's (instead of hiding in the fort TJ :p) and they will become a non-issue.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "hiding in the fort"? Is that what you consider defending a fort....hiding?

Because if it is I do quite well defending and my dodge record and overall fort fighting record reflects both my build and and playing ability..without a GG :)

As far as a side..I have none. Pecos players fort fight for whom they want when they want as is quite well known.

From Arizona Fort Stats.

Rank Player Battles Points
42 Blackfyre 149 290272 = 1948.13 average per battle.

Rank Player Battles Points
81 TJ Tuttle 109 209532 = 1922.31 average per battle

Now what were you saying Blackfyre?

DeletedUser9470

thats the easy answer.
"deal with it"

there are means and ways of dealing with an unbalanced world, boycotting FFs is one of them.
if one side loses too much boycott is for sure a serious contender as a solution.
another solution is to join the winning side.
another is to tank up and get golden, for those who only want to do fort fights.
and the las solution is to go to a balanced world.
W10 is getting more balanced again, join in the fun there...

up to you guys if you want to kill off your FF world or not.

when its killed off its too late... as seen in w1, w2, w3, w4, w5, w6, w7, w8, w9(nearly), w10(nearly).

DeletedUser

Neo just don't worry about us. We protested against evil premium, got warned, infracted whatever but didn't quit nor moved to any older world with hundreds of levelcapped players.
Where was players' support from old worlds players back then? You considered us silly, stupid and whatever. And didn't want to get involved into our problem. Well, after that chickening out back then, don't you think it's kinda too late to suggest us to delete on skilbuying worlds now.

And if one side gets all 120 forts which is not very likely since both sides have good fort fighters, we'll just split and have fun against each other.

DeletedUser16008

Neo just don't worry about us. We protested against evil premium, got warned, infracted whatever but didn't quit nor moved to any older world with hundreds of levelcapped players.
Where was players' support from old worlds players back then? You considered us silly, stupid and whatever. And didn't want to get involved into our problem. Well, after that chickening out back then, don't you think it's kinda too late to suggest us to delete on skilbuying worlds now.

And if one side gets all 120 forts which is not very likely since both sides have good fort fighters, we'll just split and have fun against each other.

Will someone point out to this arrogant clown as usual his vision that there is some kind of us and them thing re old or new worlds is simply a figment of his imagination..

In fact there had been plenty from old worlds here posting and got warnings etc they also happen to play new worlds too, get off the soapbox ya drama queen. Any player with a bit of sense should be able to know its going bad out there and those that cant arnt looking past their own selfish perspective.

Blacky there is nothing Ego about working out there is a problem with the GG and any kind of balance, you may look beyond the end of your nose one day if it wasnt so engaged somewhere else.

DeletedUser16008

yeah right, Victor and your solution is to nerf players who set a goal of becoming fort fighters exclusively and spent 1000nds of hours of gameplay time and 1000nds of nuggets (respeccs and what not) as well in achieving that goal.... ooooh, boy.....if they nerf gg's SIGNIFICANTLY or have goldens 'tarnish' (pfff) i'll fly to Germany and burn Inno's headquarters down, i swear to god...really not sure why i should pay for devs mistakes after they milked all that cash from me....

the solution is simple: lower the damage made by golden dueling weapons and nerf the GG sector bonus to 10 or 5.... that should lvl things out quite well...

Sorry to burst your bubble if you think im picking on anyone here but ive also gotten the GG and spent plenty of time, resources & all of the above... it dosnt change the fact that its a major major design unbalance and to that end id rather see it rectified than not.

Listen m8 I can sympathize with what your saying but ya got to look past that and look at the bigger picture as is your suggestion in the last paragraph... if the Beta world was used for what it was intended then maybe there woudnt have to be these u turns and changes but this isnt the first time they have got things wrong and it wont be the last... remember its a business first game second for them and it wont come as so much of a surprise when they do these things, intentional or not I cant say... sure theyve had their nuggets etc and if something isnt done I think they will start to lose significant revenue in the long run... thats bad business and as much as its scandalous what they have done id still rather see battles full and fun for ALL players not just a section of them..if that means a nerf then thats what is the best for the community, ill hang up all my goldens with relief.

DeletedUser

oh and another thread. same as the last 3 i have seen and posted in.

do these same 3 people ever get bored? i know for a fact one of the doesnt but come on guys you repeat the same stuff over and over it must be as boring for you guys to type as it is for me to read.

Golden Guns = Lots of cash for Innogames.

Golden Guns = An unlevel playing field, therefore not liked by those who like the challenge of having people play on a level field.

Golden Guns = The only route to victory for some, therefore loved by them.

Can we lock all the threads now? I think i have summerised them all with the above 3 points lol

DeletedUser12669

was the goldens worth it ummmmmm yes simple answer. dont worry about it if they scrap the 48 hour no duel protection in the next update its possible many will be townless so equilibrium could be restored