Goldens - was it worth it?

DeletedUser9470

We all rejoiced ourselves at receiving these lovely weapons.
there are positive points ad negative points about them.
does the positive weigh out the negative?

Positive points:
erm, are there any positive points?
well yer! same! my duels are now amazingly HUGE!
is that a good thing? definitely not, the end result being a ko.
nice, u just made another guy MAD!

Negative points:
1-Its a very easy weapon to acquire, and so the result is most people over level 70 are showing the ugly yellow handled aluminium sabre or the yellow gun. and you are thinking this is a good point. but, when you think about it is it really that good?
Duellers cannot afford to take them off, for fear of other people hitting them with the same weapons. before these weapons, people could leisurely choose to hit someone with a lower weapon so as to give their opponent a chance to stay alive, but now, no chance of that happening.

2-This issu leads on to the damage range and added SPS which are are way overpowering.
A lot more duels are now straight kos (personally since level 64, 80% of my duels are straight kos, whereas before I struggled to hit 1k hp with hernando)
so duellers are now going round causing mayhem amoung communities. its ok loosing a duel, but being kod and loosing precious time really winds people up.
I am betting a lot more workers are getting upset, being kod is not fun.

3-Then there is the issue that these "easy to get" goldens have made redundant all other weapons, completely. once you have your golden, look no further, you wont find a better weapon.
precise buntline, sharp cavalry sabre, sharp axe, and shinys: tashunkas, hernando, grants, billys, wyatts.. ALL REDUNDANT!
these beautifull weapons, as much as i own a few of them myself, i stick with the golden which gives way better results.
I remember the days of being weary of a sharp lumberjack axe, now I laugh when someone has equipped one, BISH BASH BOSH> another 4-5 hits KO!
I would much rather still have hernando equipped.

before, we had the choice. now, we are all confined to follow the herd and equip these hideous looking weapons, or else suffer the 48 hour peace break eternally.

what are your thoughts on this?

Noobmic

I like them, I'm not a dueler (I duel only if I'm provoked, but in 100% of the cases I talk to some of my friends from top duels to clean them out) and my skills are for range duel so I went to get Golden colt. I don't know if you followed at that time the topic, but we worked our a** for almost 2 months to get this weapon, now that people now how to find it is much easy, but still chance to drop from step to step is pretty low (I stayed more then 2 weeks to get the initial item).

For the Golden Saber it took 2 weeks to start and finish this quest series (much easier).

Those weapons are good in the game, yes they offer much more damage, but you need to work a little to get them.

DeletedUser

i'm on board with you on #3. Getting the named weapons as drops was part of the end game for laborers and fort fighters. Now they are worthless compared to the golden weapons and the only thing left for people to grind for is key #3.

DeletedUser25480

agreed, before weapons were pretty balanced. IMO removing all GOLDEN AND NAMED weapons on a world would make it much funner ^.^

DeletedUser

Anyway I would worry if I were you, Im sure their planning to make named golden weapons as well.

DeletedUser22685

Hopefully those ones are hard to get. Then there would be a real reward for putting in the effort so you could be superior to the norm that is the golden weapons.

DeletedUser16008

Hopefully those ones are hard to get. Then there would be a real reward for putting in the effort so you could be superior to the norm that is the golden weapons.

Seeing as the goldens made every other rare item obsolete overnight the thinking behind the damage they do is pretty ridiculous... had it been more around the mark of the damage the copy goldens do it would have been smarter.

Now they may as well scrap the other rare items as none come even close.... in fact its gotton to the point that on every world im dueling on I am forced to work for a golden.. Its not even worth trying to pretend other weapons make the grade not even Grants and Earpes which dosnt make any sense at all.

So they make some named goldens :eek:.. what are they gonna pump out for damage 150 - 200 ? come on goldens regularly do 1700 damage on a duel as it is, making bigger weapons is ludicrous ... As Neo says where a player is running around with a golden at lvl 64 its insane every duel is a ko.

Think about it lvl 64 or 67 if not solider lvl 70 .... thats only 55% of the way to lvl 120 and thats it for your needs as a weapon until your done playing :huh:......... BORING

Now I dont have so much of an issue with weapons all doing a similar amount of damage to level the playing field but..... its beginning to look like a superclub out there with everyone wearing the same thing.

Do something with the current weapons.... re do the damage they make etc and restructure ALL weapon damage INCLUDING the rare ones to make them something special again... it must be very simple to do as a base figure per item for the devs and would save an awful lot of work on developing other weapons we dont need.:up:

DeletedUser

Positive : named weapons acquired through arranged fort battles are past
Re negative #1: its not that easy to get, only the level is too low (I like to see L99)
Re negative #2: its the Wild West, duels that knockes you out spice up this game
Re negative #3: I know, I have a nice collection, but well its a collection only

DeletedUser22685

I agree with Umajor in thinking that the only thing wrong with the golden weapons is the required level.

But they can't raise it now, it would not be fair on those that would lose their weapons because of it.

DeletedUser23714

5 stars from me.
i agree with everything you write. the most i like 3rd point, you are totaly right. and this golden stuff is very easy to get ( except golden rifle). this g. guns and sabers just to be EPIC weapons (they would be very hard to get, same as wayt's bultine). i have same idea to write thread like this, but you made very good job.

DeletedUser

well, the named weapons are cool to collect, and they also give you extra skill points, useful for jobs and fort battles

Diggo11

Now I dont have so much of an issue with weapons all doing a similar amount of damage to level the playing field but..... its beginning to look like a superclub out there with everyone wearing the same thing.

Do something with the current weapons.... re do the damage they make etc and restructure ALL weapon damage INCLUDING the rare ones to make them something special again... it must be very simple to do as a base figure per item for the devs and would save an awful lot of work on developing other weapons we dont need.:up:
The perfect plan, but...

It is impossible to have a "balanced" game with "special" equipment. Once the weapon is rare or highly powered, the game no longer offers a balanced level playing field, because someone indeed does have that special edge over all or most other players.

In a game where everyone goes to great lengths for an edge over their enemies, the only real way to encourage people not to all use the same weapon is to basically give no 'top' weapon the edge. Remember before it was golden sticks and stones, it always has been shiny sabres and buntlines.

If you nerf anything, there will be just as many complaints as there were about the overpoweringness in the first place. Granted, probably for the better, but the developers won't receive any less hatemail to indicate such :p

DeletedUser

The golden weapons rule other weapons. I got owned by a level 73 worker in arizona. I get attacked more there than any other worlds. And they were just a few hits and A Ko. Before they came with belles and Hernandos but now they come with the goldens!! Don´t make it any worse now, pls!! I can´t even defend myself there :(. sigh.. much better before the goldens...

DeletedUser

POPULAR DEMAND!!! :D :D :laugh:

/EDIT And if you don´t like the goldens be a GOOD dueler and have a non named and non golden weapon like precise schofield and own all of them having a golden weapon. And then they will begin to feel that their goldens don´t do their job!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3543

My golden sabre earnt me 1700xp yesterday in W3, and I still have 83 point I'd like to move.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing though :D

DeletedUser16008

The perfect plan, but...

It is impossible to have a "balanced" game with "special" equipment. Once the weapon is rare or highly powered, the game no longer offers a balanced level playing field, because someone indeed does have that special edge over all or most other players.

In a game where everyone goes to great lengths for an edge over their enemies, the only real way to encourage people not to all use the same weapon is to basically give no 'top' weapon the edge. Remember before it was golden sticks and stones, it always has been shiny sabres and buntlines.

If you nerf anything, there will be just as many complaints as there were about the overpoweringness in the first place. Granted, probably for the better, but the developers won't receive any less hatemail to indicate such :p
Actually I was not suggesting nerfing anything ... leave the goldens as they are but...

Make the other regular weapons damage at least worth using, that means upping them... . Top weapon you can buy in regular shops as an example is a precise buntine dam 89 - 115 v golden 100 -149 ... the top end of the buntine is barely where the golden begins.

Maybe a change of the Buntine to 95 - 130 dam as an example etc..

The point im trying to make here is atm all weapons in the shops are a total waste of time & money .... ive enjoyed this game but the obvious choices of useful items has got less over time not more as far as dueling is concerned... id like someone to think twice again because the target us wearing a tomahawk or a pepperbox like it used to be... it made things far more enjoyable and especially for the targets.

DeletedUser22575

World 15 should be hopefully opening sooner than later. With all of the new changes...the addition of pants and belts ...fort fighting, etc, there is a lot of interest among players wanting a fresh start on an even playing field.

Inno Games has the opportunity if they would but take it to take some steps that would in many ways really make the game much more interesting and challenging at the same time to players.

Myself I see several steps they could take to do so.

1. Inno games needs to realize that there is a fine line between making profit and creating a drastic inbalance in the game. We have players in the game who have boughten numerous Aps and Sps at a cost I shudder to even think about. While some of the players are very good players and with the additional points have become only better many of them are at best only average players with deep wallets. They have through point buying been able to create "super characters" that when hit by players in duels take only minimum damage no matter the build they are hit buy, melee or shooter. They have been able to cover it all through buying points.

This inbalance in game play and allowing players to compensate for lack of skill by buying points needs to be ended through a reasonable cap on Ap and Sp purchase.

2. Anytime anything new is introduced into the game it needs play testing before the fact from the position of how can this be abused by the players and will it create a game inbalance. The ability to abuse it needs to be handled before game introduction, not after the fact. And players in beta play testing need to help play test from this angle instead of how can I work this to my advantage after it is introduced in the game.

The recent cookies, crackers, etc, was a great idea. But without a limit on it of how many of the items could be used in a day to prevent abuse a disaster was created. We have had players through the use of these items shoot up numerous levels earning unheard of log in bonus's daily.

When you combine this with being abused by the points created "dueling tanks" that not even the 45 minute duel back have been able to effect a nightmare has been created as far as game balance. playability and player enjoyment.

The solution to this was apparently to nerf the NPC duel exp to the disadvantage of those not abusing the system which then further disadvantaged them by turning those dueling tanks loose on them in their search of exp through duel...eat a cracker...eat a cookie...duel some more.

This was not IMO well thought out at all.

Things like cookies and crackers are nice, but limit their daily use to correct the abuse.

Their has always been an inbalance to a degree as far as weapons go. The Belle Starr quest has always been to easy with no equivalent weapon quests at an equivalent level available for melee (and I don't want to hear anything about the Althos foil :))

The Hernandos quest is much harder and much more luck related than the Belle Star request. The nearest available equivalent weapon to the Belle based on level is significant levels down the road for melee players.

But the solution to the weapon problem is really quite simple.

ONE.

Thats right..one. One named weapon per game world of each type. Jesse James, Wyatt Earp, Hernando, etc did not have Eli Whitney cranking out their "special weapons" for them on an assembly line and neither should this game.

Their should be one named weapon of each type in the game. Belle Star, Hernandos, Jesse James, Wyatt Earp, etc. First person to complete the quest, find it, etc, has it. Thats it.

And this is philosophy that should be followed IMO with named pants/belts.

These items should be rare and meaningful. They should be special to the players that have them and should be a point of pride, not just another "piece of junk" that players have come to regard them with the introduction of the golden weapons.

With the level cap increased the level requirement for some of these named weapons should be increased and spaced out also. This would alleviate the need to introduce new weapons just because of that change.

And to make dueling more challenging and to create the opportunity for anyone of the appropriate level to have a named weapon once it had been acquired..who ever has it gets to keep it until they get ko'd, then it becomes the possession of the player who ko'd them..

If you are a top player with top skills this would be your chance to prove your a "top gun" through smart play and build.

However to prevent abuse once a player had one of these weapons some preventive steps would have to be taken.

If a player with a named weapon did not duel at a minimum of X duels per week he would "loose it" ie a "thief pilfered it" and it would return back to the system to be acquired again by a new player.

If a player was on vacation mode for more than two weeks the same would happen, the weapon would return back to the system to be found again.

This would prevent players from finding named weapons and then hiding out to keep them.

To make it fair to those who did find a named weapon however the 45 minute duel system would have to be adjusted to where only the player they dueled or members of their town could duel them during the 45 minute period.

This really needs to be corrected to start with. It is utterly ridiculous that someone can duel some one and then be dueled back by someone from the other side of the world who was not the player originally dueled or from his town nuggeted over to hit/ko someone for the win or KO.

And it certainly would not be fair to the player who had a named weapon to be a target and gang banged by every player in the game just because he had met the criteria of dueling with the weapon and tag teamed by everyone who wanted it.

The game is good. I think with a few changes before W 15 opened it could be great.

Last edited by a moderator: