Goldens - was it worth it?

DeletedUser

The problem with goldens now is it would be unfair to nerf or remove them now - unfair to those who already have them.
What I see as a possible approach for devs is:
1) release new regular weapons with higher level requirements and higher damage, so that a level 120 dueler could buy a regular weapon which would be better than those goldens;
2) release new secret weapons, really hard to get (and as it was mentioned above, I mean hard like the golden fort gun), that would be much better then the golden and the new regular weapons.

namron2u

What level do you need to drill for oil? I assume it is 60 since I cannot see it yet I am at level 57... I have my dusty revolver... just need to get it oiled up so I can get back to transporting ammo... then look out when level 70 comes! ;)

DeletedUser

you donnt need any specific level, you need a certain amount of lp to drilling for oil. try looking for the best gear that you can wear and see where you are

DeletedUser22575

What level do you need to drill for oil? I assume it is 60 since I cannot see it yet I am at level 57... I have my dusty revolver... just need to get it oiled up so I can get back to transporting ammo... then look out when level 70 comes! ;)

I believe drilling for oil requires 295 LP..

Its not a level issue but a LP issue.

namron2u

Usually when we do not have enough LP the task is ghosted out, as you can see with the Roaming Gambler icon below.
In the case of drilling for oil, the task does not even appear on my list so I can not even see what type of items I need to equip.
This is why I believe that the task is not available to me until I reach a higher level.
NoDrillingForOil.jpg

DeletedUser

doesn't work that way, you probably are just not close enough in skills to see it on the map

namron2u

I bought a few items... interestingly, the icon now appears on the map but the task still does not appear on my task list. In any case, onward and upward!
Thanks for your help guys!

DeletedUser

Speaking as someone who has at least one golden duel weapon across the .net worlds I play, I do not see what the problem is. What the golden weapons do is bring balance to the game, which was unfair to those who were unable to ever obtain hernando's sword. The Golden weapons rectified this problem. That and they look good who in their right mind would not want a shiny Golden Gun???

DeletedUser9470

Speaking as someone who has at least one golden duel weapon across the .net worlds I play, I do not see what the problem is. What the golden weapons do is bring balance to the game, which was unfair to those who were unable to ever obtain hernando's sword. The Golden weapons rectified this problem. That and they look good who in their right mind would not want a shiny Golden Gun???

like i said, im more than happy gettin 20 kos a day
why would i care if theres loads of people quitting the game cos they get kod every 48 hours?
:D

DeletedUser16008

why would i care if theres loads of people quitting the game cos they get kod every 48 hours?

Nope not problems here either, after all its not a concern for us duelers I cant think why I even considered a point of view other than the selfish one ....:blink:

ahh well must go and carve me up a few more players ttfn

DeletedUser25173

You really say so!!
Don't you fear that there are workers strength based and using some sp for vigor you can't rob no more??
I think this is the problem of all this whine. I had the best weapon in the game and now all have a better one. What do I do to get better than them again?! Grow up!!!

I left my dueling skills in Arizona to get the Golden Gun and have been KO-ed by people 20 levels below me but I'm not crying to mummy for it.
I think after the golden the game is a lot more balanced, at least I don't hear any more workers complain about being hit, now they can protect themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

You really say so!!
Don't you fear that there are workers strength based and using some sp for vigor you can't rob no more??
Please write in ENGLISH, thank you :D
I think this is the problem of all this whine. I had the best weapon in the game and now all have a better one. What do I do to get better than them again?! Grow up!!!
you have completely misunderstood the point.

I left my dueling skills in Arizona to get the Golden Gun and have been KO-ed by people 20 levels below me but I'm not crying to mummy for it.
if you consider yourself a dueller, getting kod at all is imo very noobish, let alone by people 20 levels lower!!!
LMAO
dont call yourself a dueller.

I think after the golden the game is a lot more balanced, at least I don't hear any more workers complain about being hit, now they can protect themselves.
the golden has made my build even more powerfull, workers dont complain any more, they just quit.
since goldens are out ive noticed a lot of people have quit w10 and 99% of them were workers.

ccl:
get another translator or something, because it is obvious you havent understood a thing written here.

DeletedUser25173

Please write in ENGLISH, thank you :D

I'll ask my mother to give me birth in some English country next time!!

you have completely misunderstood the point.

No I don't have misunderstood anything!

if you consider yourself a dueller, getting kod at all is imo very noobish, let alone by people 20 levels lower!!!
LMAO
dont call yourself a dueller.
No I don't consider myself a dueler anymore, I was before respecing to Grave robber (probably will never be again - I'm moving towards a Fort Fighter)

the golden has made my build even more powerfull, workers dont complain any more, they just quit.
since goldens are out ive noticed a lot of people have quit w10 and 99% of them were workers.
This is what you say, I don't have stats from Inno, so no argue here.

ccl:
get another translator or something, because it is obvious you havent understood a thing written here.

My ccl is that you didn't have what to say to part of my post and used English as a way out and as well you have no where to put your Earp's Buntline and are crying for it!

DeletedUser9470

I'll ask my mother to give me birth in some English country next time!!
No I don't have misunderstood anything!
No I don't consider myself a dueler anymore, I was before respecing to Grave robber (probably will never be again - I'm moving towards a Fort Fighter)
This is what you say, I don't have stats from Inno, so no argue here.
My ccl is that you didn't have what to say to part of my post and used English as a way out and as well you have no where to put your Earp's Buntline and are crying for it!

LMAO
sorry mate but i dont understand what you mean at all! what is your point?
are youjust here to call people whiners without bringing anything to the debate? it certainly looks this way.

i dont have earpes buntline. i have a golden sword.
Best weapon i have after that is hernando, and then nats, bowies, codys, figaros...
just hernando
With hernando i did enough damage

Since Goldens came out the damage i do is plain ridiculous:
Killed someone dueling: 1704

you can bet most of these were done with the golden sabre.

Balanced game? Fair?
LOL

why do you say i whine?
I am happy! I am killing EVERYONE in my range, they all go back home on 48 hour vacation. for sure i lose the odd one when my eyes get too big for my belly but most end up knocked out. Im loving it, I find it hilarious, and i laugh even more when i ko peeps 20 levels higher than me who come for me!
its teh funniest thing ever!
I am not whining mate.
;)

my point was to question such an overpowering weapon.
Im going round chopping everyone up and you think it is normal? you think this is balanced?

fair enough! as if i cared...

DeletedUser

Is this xth "campers unite" thread?
No... It looks more than "whiners unite" to me.

And who whines the most about the balance? Imagine, all are those who possess the holy trumpet item. And now after years they've wielded the most powerful +LP item in the game, now they spit on the +LP bonus available to every other ingame class.

Ppl, get serious. You have no clue what are you talking about. The west is not only w1 for years, it is evolving. In the meantime I suggest you to enroll here:
picture.php

DeletedUser25173

I called this thread a whine as you say you're happy but you say Inno did wrong!
Inno has to make you happy, me and others as well! It seems they did!
I have the chance to be as good as you, better than you, thanks to Shaman now in all worlds, (I don't hit builders with wrench but that's me).
What I meant is that the goldens bring a fair amount of balance to the game!
You can chop everyone but I whoop your ass in a fort! Or in 48 hours someone builds half a town!
25 lp coming from left and right hand are you kidding?? Only soldiers could have that, now we all do!

Red Falcon

I really like the Golden Weapons, because not only do they make dueling easier and more fun, but they are shiny and attractive and if you're holding one, then people will either praise and congratulate you or curse and be jealous of you. IMO, you can't go wrong if you have at least 1 Golden Item. Sure, if you use it, you're bound to make at least one person mad at you (Because you used it against them), but the game would not be nearly as interesting if these babies had not been added in. And if you want to keep a game interesting, you need to add in new and interesting material every so often...Even if it is really powerful and relatively easy to obtain.

DeletedUser9470

I smell a nerf incoming!

inside info?

I hope the goldens are nerved, both dueling and fort weapons.
it seems to me a lot of workers have quit w10 because of my golden, which is a shame.
:(

DeletedUser

If the golden gun is nerfed, a lot of people who spent nuggets to get it, which all the people resetting shaman to respec FMS and back, are basically doing aren't going to be happy.