Votes: 116 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't think there is much more to add in terms of development. When can this go for a vote?:huh:

DeletedUser3773

Yes because if a player joins at lvl 1 he should knwo if he wants to continue playing after 5 days and losing a lvl 1 account is not a big loss

DeletedUser

I vote yes on this poll. It is good for the game because it will unclogg the server, and it is visually unappealing to have large numbers of level 1 players across the field.

DeletedUser

This is a good idea. There is no real reason not to delete an idol lvl 1 account.

DeletedUser

Jeeps - I cannot believe that people vote "No" on this one!!! I really get the idea some people just vote No out of principle, not because they really care about development of the game. And I had thought this was a no-brainer...

DeletedUser

Jeeps - I cannot believe that people vote "No" on this one!!! I really get the idea some people just vote No out of principle, not because they really care about development of the game. And I had thought this was a no-brainer...
It is a no-brainer.

The same people probably vote in "real" elections too.

The world making more sense yet? :laugh: :dry:

DeletedUser

1. This is too trivial to bother with as the issue has no effect whatsoever on active players' games.

2. This issue has some commercial ramifications and therefore unless someone here is on the board of directors, it is outside of our domain.

3. This idea makes the assumption that the devs are idiots and have no idea about how to manage either their game and their business. I see no basis for that assumption.

Given that, in my opinion this suggestion is not an "idea", it is just backseat driving. And backseat driving is obnoxious.

So let the flaming begin...

DeletedUser

The customer is always right, yes? Are we not the customers?

Well, if you want to discuss that at length, I'd say post a thread in Off Topic, because last time we digressed everything got deleted.

But my short answer... No.

Diggo11

1. This is too trivial to bother with as the issue has no effect whatsoever on active players' games.

2. This issue has some commercial ramifications and therefore unless someone here is on the board of directors, it is outside of our domain.

3. This idea makes the assumption that the devs are idiots and have no idea about how to manage either their game and their business. I see no basis for that assumption.
Thanks for the feedback Violette :)

1. That is not true at all. I remember I had a difficult time recruiting when part of Gangsters Paradise because most people I telegrammed where inactive Level 2-9s (hmm funny about that Luap). It would be directly helpful to me in the early game if these accounts were deleted.

2. Gem has approved it and she a direct link between the developers and us. The fact that she approved it for voting is enough evidence to satisfy me that we are not being to demanding.

3. Where did you get that assumption from? Anyway this whole section of the forum could be considered back-seat driving so I don't really see your point.

Your turn to argue :)

The customer is always right, yes? Are we not the customers?
The customer is always right? Are you new to Ideas & Brainfarts?
Innogames has its ways, its strange, strange ways.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well, if you want to discuss that at length, I'd say post a thread in Off Topic, because last time we digressed everything got deleted.

But my short answer... No.
My point is simply that if the player base has a preference, and expresses that preference, it's basic business sense to pay attention. (I don't mean stop thinking and automatically do whatever we say, I just mean listen and think about it.)

Hopefully that, at least, isn't controversial. :)

DeletedUser

Well, I don't really want to have a lengthy debate about this and my vote has been cast, but I'll address the points you guys have raised if you want me to.

1. That is not true at all. I remember I had a difficult time recruiting when part of Gangsters Paradise because most people I telegrammed where inactive Level 2-9s (hmm funny about that Luap). It would be directly helpful to me in the early game if these accounts were deleted.

My first question would be why are you trying to recruit people at level 2-9? Recruiting players at those levels is foolish because of the likelihood that they will become inactive, not because they are inactive. But recruiting is difficult at any level and even active players simply ignore telegrams.

2. Gem has approved it and she a direct link between the developers and us. The fact that she approved it for voting is enough evidence to satisfy me that we are not being to demanding.
Whether or not Gem is willing to send this to the developers doesn't alter my objections. That is her decision to make. And I did not say you were being too demanding, I said it was out of our domain. I don't care to advise upon business decisions when I do not have the requisite information to do so.

3. Where did you get that assumption from? Anyway this whole section of the forum could be considered back-seat driving so I don't really see your point.
As I said this is a commercial decision. Do you imagine that they did not assess all the business ramifications of their account deletion policy when they set it up? I know nothing of Innogames as a company, but to assume that they just settled on some random numbers (particularly when they already have a successful business model) seems very naive to me.

If the people on this forum can bring up issues like the advertising value of numbers etc, I'm pretty sure the people whose business it is to know the exact cost/benefit of decisions like these have taken that, and many other factors into account.

To assume otherwise suggests that, yes, they are idiots.

My point is simply that if the player base has a preference, and expresses that preference, it's basic business sense to pay attention. (I don't mean stop thinking and automatically do whatever we say, I just mean listen and think about it.)

Hopefully that, at least, isn't controversial. :)

Complaint as the yardstick by which decisions are made is extraordinarily bad business sense. In theory, it might sound all very well and good, and I'm certainly not suggesting that people shouldn't make noise if they want to see change, but good businesses don't make decisions based solely on noise. If Inno did that, duellers would be sent to a desert island.

And yes, they can "listen and think about it", but in my opinion, this is an issue that would already have been thought about and it is one so trivial that you would just let the customer say their piece, then throw the paper in the bin and get back to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't like this idea, well I'm torn actually... If we are going to delete accounts after a certain time frame, why should lvl matter? Doesn't bother me if we delete the account after like say a month, but i think that should go for all lvls not just the higher ones. Some people have very busy schedules with work and all and may not be able to get on in a few days so I don't like the few days idea. I know when i go back to work it may even be a week before I can get on. I dont want to get deleted because of that:( So, I vote a no here..sorry:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't like this idea, well I'm torn actually... If we are going to delete accounts after a certain time frame, why should lvl matter? Doesn't bother me if we delete the account after like say a month, but i think that should go for all lvls not just the higher ones. Some people have very busy schedules with work and all and may not be able to get on in a few days so I don't like the few days idea. I know when i go back to work it may even be a week before I can get on. I dont want to get deleted because of that:( So, I vote a no here..sorry:p
Would you vote yes if the only thing being added was a level 1 reaper?

If you'd vote no on just that, you're hopeless. :p

DeletedUser

There are two points behind this idea:

1. If you lose your account while you are level 1 (and it basically means you have not logged in again after creating your account on the world), you don't lose much work - you can always create an account again, start at about the same place where you lost your account - right at the beginning. At higher levels you will lose much more, weeks or even months of work to get where you are.

2. Look at the number of level 1 players in each world (including closed worlds), it is obvious that the biggest single group of players is level 1's who don't make any progress after weeks of playing, blocking other people from joining the same world.

No fear therefore for active players to lose their accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.