Votes: 116 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

Yeah well it appears that Gem didn't disappear off the face of the planet after all, so hopefully this can be voted upon. (Gem see summary in original post or page 8/9)

DeletedUser

Hmm... Stopped reading after page 5, so there's a chance I coulda missed something, but meh..

What's wrong with a small script that takes 30 seconds to write, similar to:
query (SELECT * FROM playerdetails WHERE level = '1' AND lastlogin = 'a week ago')
then loop through any connected tables where other player info might be stored such as items, deleting all records...

Basically all that's needed for a one-time cleanup is a script with a max of 5 lines of code (depending on the database setup) so I see nothing that's stopping the devs, other than possibly a bit of "ooo look at us, we got 300,000 players!" that might help them get advertisers / press.

Someone asked on one of the last pages whether people [that care about stats] would rather play a game with 300,000 players or 50,000 players... What about if we rephrase that to something like this:
"Would you rather play a game with 300,000 players, or 50,000 ACTIVE players"
I know which I'd choose...

Diggo11

Well evidently Gem moved this, thanks so much :D

Unless it was Violette taking her new privledges outside her forums :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

My views should be crystal clear by now. :D

I'll be voting yes on this. Getting rid of the zombie forests ought to get 100% support from the players. Can't think of any sane reason to vote no.

DeletedUser

I have not yet abused used my new powers.

But getting rid of the inactives is definitely a yes vote from me. :)

:p I'm case #1. You've used them [on me] now; stop lying. Hahahaha.

Anywayz... when are we putting this up for voting? I think we need a final post to sum it up first.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My views should be crystal clear by now. :D

I'll be voting yes on this. Getting rid of the zombie forests ought to get 100% support from the players. Can't think of any sane reason to vote no.

i agree, mindless players are the clogers of all time! al definetley say yes on this.

DeletedUser

Put in some failsafe for higher level players to save them from ISP-doom.

Send them a mail 7 days prior to deletion, with a link that will reset the period. Or something like this.

Zombieforests of lvl 1-3 players: out with them, yay! :)

I vote yes here.

DeletedUser

Is there currently a mail being sent to players who go inactive?

I don't think so. It's kind of pointless to send one if they're about to be deleted. It's not like someone is going to be inactive for 45 days because they forgot about the game.

DeletedUser

True.

If you're away from a game for a while, there's a reason. You don't forget you played a game... just doesn't happen.

DeletedUser

and what if my computer goes mad and bad and i cannot play and my account is no more

Diggo11

Dude if you are level 1 then who really cares? Just make another account (takes about 2 minutes) and voila: all progress restored.

DeletedUser

Before the discussion period ends do you think I should slip in the warning mail?
I would like to see this included, yes (I am not sure if it is already part of the current system - have not had my account deleted yet...)

Diggo11

New Section of Proposal
In addition to this we would like a warning mail sent to an e-mail account 3 days prior to deletion (excluding level 1). This would help reduce instances of semi-active players losing their accounts, mainly if the middle bracket of deletion was introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.