Implemented Deletion of accounts

Discussion in 'Development Discussions' started by Diggo11, Mar 2, 2009.

Share This Page

?

Would you like to see this in game?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2009.
  1. Yes

116 vote(s)
    84.1%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    15.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggo11

Diggo11 InnoGames

In response to this thread I would like to propose the following on deletion times for low level players.

Proposal
    To unclog Innogames' servers by removing low level players who are inactive at a faster rate.

Currently
    Currently accounts are deleted after 45 days (28 on the German Server). Unfortunately this means we have masses of low level players who gave up on the game and purely taking up space. This means there is less room for potentially paying customers, forcing Innogames to purchase more server space.

Details
    We propose a second deletion time is added to remove these low inactives. (Note that the default time still applies for the remainder of the player base.) Level One accounts would be deleted after 5 days of inactivity. There has also been debate over adding a third period for Level 2-9 accounts of approximately 22 days, but we have failed to reach a conclusion here.

In addition to this we would like a warning mail sent to an e-mail account 3 days prior to deletion (excluding level 1). This would help reduce instances of semi-active players losing their accounts, mainly if the middle bracket of deletion was introduced.

Visual Aids
    Below are some stats showing the extent of the problem we are attempting to fix. Note the obvious level one problem, and that very high level 2-9 total!

[​IMG]

Also this link will direct you to a table showing all deletion times. Note the middle one is purely OPTIONAL.

Summary
    Ultimately the aim of this game is to generate maximum revenue for Innogames. So the less money they spend on new servers due to noob overload the more money they'll make which is in everybody's interests.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  2. CraZ

CraZ Guest

What if I'm level 28/29 and my internet has a problem for a month?... it would just delete me which is not very fair.
    The current rule is 45 days not 28.

3. Diggo11

Diggo11 InnoGames

I'm just going off this. Anyway I'll just make that point less specific.

4. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Level 1: Agree 100%.
    Level 2-9: Agree 100%

I would change
    Level 10-19: 2 weeks (maybe)
    Level 20+: 45 days

Once you get to level 20, I think you've put enough effort into the game that you shouldn't be penalized if you have a problem such as the one CraZ mentioned.

5. Diggo11

Diggo11 InnoGames

Anyway the numbers don't matter as long as they are tighter. I'll change 'em for you. Apparently 2/3 of World 1 players are Level 1 :eek:

BTW can we get clarification on that. I had thought 45 myself before I read The Rules which say 28 :huh:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  6. CraZ

CraZ Guest

They say 28 because on the germen servers it's 28. here it's 45.

7. Diggo11

Diggo11 InnoGames

Ah ok :eek:

Anyway what do you think of it now?

8. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Since you changed it to what I said, I guess it would be silly to say I don't like it. ;)

9. CraZ

CraZ Guest

Now I agree, makes much more sense.

10. Luap Nor

Luap Nor Guest

It's OK by me, although a bit complicated. What about simply changing the level 1 rule to 3 days? That alone would solve the majority of the problem, and would be extremely simple. Or even make it level 1-3. After all, by the time you hit level 4, you're hooked. :)

I'd vote for this as is, but would prefer fewer categories. JMO.

11. Darknoon5

Darknoon5 Evil Monkey

Agree with 1 and maybe 2, but everyone has internet/computer problems sometime. It's creepy having to travel through fields of greenhorns though.:eek:hmy:

12. Our worlds are 45 days -

Level 1's should get deleted much sooner but it sounds like it's hard-coded on their end, and so not likely to get changed. And when they say hard-coded ... they mean it ... we still have not got the extra secret quest from the v1.14 update cause it was hard-coded to a specific date (which was b4 we got the update.)

d.mcfarlane likes this.
  13. Diggo11

Diggo11 InnoGames

Would anyone else like fewer categories? I think the Level 1 and 2-9 are fair enough, but perhaps the 10-20 are excessive. I didn't really think it through I just decided to fix a problem ;)

14. emperor wes

emperor wes Guest

Yes, I'd like fewer categories. Way it seems to me, the main problem is with lvl 1 graveyards. On world two, of 24865 players there are almost 10000 level 1 players. I would like to go with something like:
    lvl 1: 3 days
    lvl 2 - 5: once a week
    lvl 6 onwards: normal

15. Red Falcon

Red Falcon Well-Known Member

Not a good idea at all! If my Internet somehow went down and it stayed down for longer than the required period of time, then my account would be long gone! Thumbs down to this one!

16. bobmagrob

bobmagrob Guest

I think it should be levels 1-5 to log in every week and leave the other levels as they are now, once the inactive level 1s go it should free the worlds up.
    It's mega rare that something would go wrong with your internet or computer for a month+

17. Grumbold

Grumbold Guest

I'd say the same, keep it as simple as possible. If you have a short period cutoff for levels 1-3 that would appear to solve the problem.

18. Red Falcon

Red Falcon Well-Known Member

Now this sounds a little better. I'd say maybe 5 to 10 days cut-off time.

19. Luap Nor

Luap Nor Guest

Levels 1-3: 5 days, then you poof.

Levels 4-99: 45 days, same as now.

Everybody happy with that?

20. IOWNALL07

IOWNALL07 Guest

what if some people are stupid and cant get to level 4 in 5 days?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.