Votes: 116 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hmmm. At the risk of being annoying by chiming in at the very last minute on this... Diggo, what you wrote sounds just like what I thought we all agreed we didn't want to do: give Inno business/financial advice. IMO we should emphasize that this would free up player space, yes, but also that it would make the player base happy. Ultimately that's important to them (happy players = successful game), and we're the ones who know what makes us happy. :)

Justifying our proposal strictly on the financial merit of clearing server space puts our "proposal eggs" in that one basket, which may or may not be significant in the eyes of Inno. (Do you know how much server space the inactives take up, and how much that space costs? What if it's negligible?)

I hope this is taken in the spirit it's offered: purely a desire to maximize our chance of success with this proposal.

DeletedUser

I was looking at Tribal Wars inactivity/deletion policy the other day. If I'm not mistaken its 14 days. I don't see why they don't do that with this game as well. At least for level 1s. If we are going to send them something then I don't see how they can't agree to a policy they have for another game.

There are no account sitters on this game. Growing is also much more slower.

I'd be ok with the level 1s having it though.

DeletedUser

If both Gem and Luap offered me an apple, I'd take Gems :)
Aw, man. No surprise, but ya didn't have to say it.
icon9.gif

{sulks}

DeletedUser3717

This is weird? I erm... Still have this froum account but my ingame account on my worlds no longer work? Is it a bug or this?

DeletedUser

Jordon, no, it's not odd. Your forum account is not linked to your in-game account at all. That's why there's a different login to the forums....

DeletedUser5046

Jordon, no, it's not odd. Your forum account is not linked to your in-game account at all. That's why there's a different login to the forums....

i think he already know tat..but he was only three weeks i think since he left te game and decided to stay in te forum...

DeletedUser

I voted yes but I do think we need an option to tell the game when we are going to be gone for a while, If I'm working 12 hour days at work, or am stuck in the hospital it would stink to lose a high level character just because I was gone one day too long.

Something simple like "Life has happened, if I'm not back on XX/XX/XXXX delete my account", it could be just that simple. Now they know I haven't abandoned my game and plan to be back at a certain set date. If I don't show up it's now on my head that my level 99 is gone. Tough luck for me.

DeletedUser

I voted yes but I do think we need an option to tell the game when we are going to be gone for a while, If I'm working 12 hour days at work, or am stuck in the hospital it would stink to lose a high level character just because I was gone one day too long.

Something simple like "Life has happened, if I'm not back on XX/XX/XXXX delete my account", it could be just that simple. Now they know I haven't abandoned my game and plan to be back at a certain set date. If I don't show up it's now on my head that my level 99 is gone. Tough luck for me.
Or just have a vacation mode.

Honestly, one character's data does not take up much server space, financially. Storage space is cheap cheap cheap. Look at how many level 1 orphans they can afford to carry.

DeletedUser

Level 1's don't have an inventory of dozens of products and clothes so their relative weight is quite small, but the point is well made. If the deletion window for a low level is reduced significantly there's presumably scope for enlarging the deletion window for older accounts. Many games specify that old accounts may be deleted but do not in fact get rid of them until they have to.

I don't think a vacation mode should override or exceed the deletion period. You'll end up with a situation like Ikariam where half the slots on every island are clogged with players who have quit but enabled vacation mode to prevent their towns being raided and their slots ever becoming free for anyone else to use.

DeletedUser

I don't think many people will be mean like that, Also, there is a limit on the amount of time that would be added to it.

DeletedUser

I believe:

Level 1: 3 days

Level 2-9: 14 days

Level 10+: Level*2=Days before deletion

For example, a level 10 player would get 20 days, while a level 25 player would get 50 days.

The vacation mode would be for people level 10+, and would be able to extend 14 days past the normal deletion time.

There should also be a "Delete my account" button.

DeletedUser

i don't really mind if this does get implemented cause for a level 1 if you're account gets deleted the world's not going to end. you're going to get back all your lost work within an hour lol

DeletedUser

Delete account

As soon as you set your account to be deleted you cannot log in anymore. The account will be fully deleted after about 5 days.
The account will only be deleted on this game world. The forum account and accounts on other worlds will not be affected.

If you don't want to actually go and find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.