declaration of independence

DeletedUser26820

When I logged into Briscoe, at approx 15:00 server time, there were 6 available in the UPS shop. Gives me the impression that there were at least 8-10 available there on a 2700-player world.

DeletedUser

i would vouch for making that declaration just a standard item you can get in the bond shop, so also non super prems could acquire it by building up 2k bonds, which is already a very heavy task or burden
To heck with +1, this gets +100 from me

DeletedUser

there were 20 a server to start with. W12 and Briscoe both saw those DoI's for a couple of hours compared to w15 and w16 which the DoI's flew out of the bond shop.

DeletedUser35340

Dupped

Bought premium for the first time thinking I would get the Declaration of Independence. What I got was a Delaration of misleading advertising and the feeling that I've been swindled.

fortfighter1

:unsure:Dont know why anyone bothers complaining here as it falls on deaf ears, INNO just does not care what people have to say. This game is getting more and more annoying for both premium and non premium players.

DeletedUser26820

Hard to disagree that there should have been an advance advertisement, that there was a limited number instead of a limited time offering, and that nuggets (without a bond option) was the only way of obtaining it. As it separates the fortunate "few" able to get one from those that did not, promotions handled like this could be prone to alienating players.

DeletedUser33038

Unannounced opportunities are fun, but in a global game, they give the advantage to players who happened to be awake. By the time I got up, all Dakota declarations were gone.

Please add more!! Many more players demand and deserve independence!

DeletedUser35336

Personally I wouldn't buy one. There were some left when I logged on to Dakota this morning. My issue is that it was very poorly handled, and just looks to me like a short term cash grab.

I don't object to premium being offered, I buy premium myself. I do however, object to pure greed.

DeletedUser

:unsure:Dont know why anyone bothers complaining here as it falls on deaf ears, INNO just does not care what people have to say. This game is getting more and more annoying for both premium and non premium players.

not sure this time on the german forum there's been fierce opposition\feedback as well

joony kinda got flamed quite badly there

http://forum.the-west.de/showthread.php?t=61506

that thread is as old as this one but even got already 4 times more replies, and inno listens quite a bit to ze germans

DeletedUser

Prior to this, I would have said 2.0 was the moment when this game jumped the shark. But it's like 2.0 was just the practice jump for this, the moment when they gunned that boat and jumped the shark so hard and so far that the shark paused, looked up, and said "what in the hell was THAT?"

DeletedUser18255

What drives me crazy is these hypocrites who want to complain about how buying Skill Points is ruining the game, yet it's okay to buy something that can give you all those bonus in Attribute Points..which for 2k in nugs would be much cheaper to buy that declaration of independence than it would be to use nugs to buy all the AP to compare what the declaration already gives u.

DeletedUser32836

from my point of view - silly thing this new item for 2k nuggs.
for non premium players like me it's not fair.
we all playing on west, but only premium player can get that stuff..
I understand golden tomahawks or howdah pistols. to get them you should be realy lucky and spend 1500 nuggs/bonds.
what's the next step inno? geronimo pepperbox for 2k nuggs? geronimo's shotgun maybe?

DeletedUser

I don't see why they limited them in quantity if they are unsalable. Seems like a 24 hr offering would make Innogames far more money, and squelch at least the complaints of those who want to give them money for these items and can't.

Edit: for those claiming that it's not fair to those don't pay for premium, I respectfully disagree. This is a free game, the option to pay for premium content is a given, and is a trend followed by most free online games. If you want a truly level playing field where all players have the same opportunities, you usually will only find it in games that you buy (example: WoW).

In the end of the day, it costs money to create, host, and maintain any "free" online game such as this. Those costs go up as the quality of the content and the quantity of players goes up. When I last looked I did not see the interface covered with ads, so it is premium content that pays the bills. Instead of complaining about players that pay for premium, you should thank them for keeping the lights on so you can continue to play for free.

(I'll climb down off my soapbox now)

Last edited by a moderator:

fortfighter1

:unsure:This could have been handled so much better if the declaration of independence was the reward at the end of a long quest so everyone including non premium player could stand a chance to get it using bonds to buy work buffs. Limiting it to a lucky few is a bad decision by INNO. Hope they learn from there mistakes and get rid of the eight year old who came up with the bright idea.

DeletedUser

Who would even come up with this idea, it's got to be a fault somewhere?
For one, if there was a limit to stop things getting unbalanced, wouldn't it make sense to make as many available as possible?

I pay premium but never in big amounts so would not be able to get one of these for a while but I'm annoyed I won't be able to get one ever, it's a joke.
I know it's just a game but I feel aggrieved.

:unsure:This could have been handled so much better if the declaration of independence was the reward at the end of a long quest so everyone including non premium player could stand a chance to get it using bonds to buy work buffs. Limiting it to a lucky few is a bad decision by INNO. Hope they learn from there mistakes and get rid of the eight year old who came up with the bright idea.

Well it did make 20 people happy on each server and the rest unhappy, c'mon give the 8 year old some credit would ya :laugh:

DeletedUser35003

george washington didn't even sign the declaration of independence :unsure:
#getahistorylesson

DeletedUser17350

not sure this time on the german forum there's been fierce opposition\feedback as well

joony kinda got flamed quite badly there

http://forum.the-west.de/showthread.php?t=61506

that thread is as old as this one but even got already 4 times more replies, and inno listens quite a bit to ze germans

As a de and net player I seriously doubt that!
Inno doesn´t listen at all and I think, like quite a few other Germans, that they are just trying to get as much cash as possible out of The West before the game is ruined totally. ;)

DeletedUser34493

inno's arrogance knows no bounds.

as someone who plays this game from august 2011, i can only mention the arrival of bond shop, and the tombola that were nothing but easy ways to get money by inno. ok sure, you can buy stuff with bonds in a shop, but getting bonds takes time and patience unlike simply buying something with $ or €

i've played some other browser games you simply don't play without premium features because there is a tremendous difference in premium and non premium player in there and i fear inno is heading to that direction with the west

what next? manually increasing fort fight or duel damage dealt with nuggets?

it's not play and have fun, but pay and have fun *sigh* shame on you inno