declaration of independence

DeletedUser16008

I can duel only 19. Right. Someday i could duel everyone. I was dueling you W9.
You can duel more than me even you don't prefer to duel the best of your level, right? If right, why, for stats?
Also i think you were an exp dueler but after a new system you stay behind of best group so you give up, right?
I am not #1 cuz Kgj delete. I was already nr2 and nearly to be nr1.
Ranking doesn't mean anything? Wrong. Ranking means hard work. You are proud that long time ago (dinosaur ages, just humor) you were nr1 as town. Let me be proud for my rank, my mates rank, my town rank and my alliance rank.
DOI makes little difference in dueling at the moment? Again wrong. What happen to you? You are posting something that is not true for second time. Let me guess what is gonna happen if i have had Doi and the opponents not? I know..

Thank you for considering me one of the best duelers you have ever met.
V

DOI makes little difference, I have it on one toon and the rest have and do just as well without it and most quest points vs those that do. I have no wish to duel barely 2 dozen people on a world V theres no mileage in it, It ruined my game enjoyment on w9. Ive done the xp dueling and it bores me which is why I migrated my w9 xp first to w1 then after getting bored dueling the same 20 or so there to w11 where I did the same and now finally retired. I don't really care about rank and havnt since w9 taught me it curtails your options. I will never waste my game again like that.

The best duelers of any world are rarely in the top 10 and never have been, that is an elite fallacy just the same as staying 0 motive with a very low duel lvl. Most everyone knows dueling now is mostly about luck more than anything else and has been for quite a while. Theres really nothing at all to it anymore mores the pity and I won't pretend there is. Kgj knew it and gave up bothering a long time ago because of it and so have the vast majority of really good duelers.

I am exactly where I wish to be for the maximum variety of duelling options. . That allows me to give payback and at least some protection for my town and duel with others in a team. From 197 - 387 is my range and that is where I will stay and it gives plenty a chance to have a pop back which is the whole point of it. You want to see a decent dueler than you should look at the over all win/loss ratio and how much they are attacked and decide from there. Defending is just as important as attacking and you cant fudge the results or decide who duels you. Don't you worry about me m8 I more than hold my own. ;)

To me there is and always will be only one town I hold above all others on w1 and that is TSC. For THAT is from a time of w1 when dueling builds meant something, 95% of the best duelers are long gone from the game now.

I have no problem with your rank, you earned it & your welcome to it :) Im not sure whether your joking or actually think a town church proves anything about a towns quality. You will notice the #3 w1 town has just one member in it that does nothing at all but build... what an awesome town that is.

Back to the DOI the ones that don't have it imagine its a game changer and the ones that do know its not. Put it together with the best kit available or a shed load of bought points of course it helps but on its own its really nothing special.

DeletedUser22685

Well, Bullerbassen has the DoI, which is worth +25 AP and at least 20 APs also purchased, so he should be good. On your logic, earning some bonuspay nuggets also made me a better dueller.:)

The DoI has only existed for a couple of weeks, my experience with Bullerbassen is from up to a year ago. I was actually not talking about the DoI at all in my post, merely giving my opinion on whether being number 1 makes you the best, off topic I admit but it was in response to a conversation that was happening at the time. Obviously you misinterpreted my "logic" if you managed to relate it to Sponsorpay nuggets, because no matter how I look at it I can't make even the slightest connection.

On the topic of Declarations influencing duelling, they don't. At all. To save myself typing a long speech I'll just quote myself from the Beta forums.

futurama1001 said:
Opponents to the Declaration's effect on duelling either ignore or are oblivious to the fact that there are only two categories of duel build: aim/dodge and resistance. Sure, the Declaration adds either +3 or +8 to every duel skill, but no [decent] duel build utilises all of these skills. Aim/dodge builds receive +3 to their aim and their dodge, resistance builds receive +3 to their toughness and reflex. Melee and ranged duellers will receive +3 to their shooting or vigor depending on which weapon type they use, and everyone will gain up to 60 HP, which is such a small boost it can be ignored. I have left out appearance and tactics because no amount of bonus in those skills is useful for any build.

So when you look at it objectively rather than looking for something to complain about, duellers only receive a +3 bonus to three skills. This, I assure you, is a totally insignificant bonus, even at the highest levels of duelling.

(Original Post)

DeletedUser

"I hope everone that wanted one managed to get one. If not, better luck next year" - Da Twista.
Link to the post

Is this happening?
It's been a year now...

DeletedUser

It is very simple, zero mote, or exp dueler, the best dueler is the dueler who is best in his range. Mathematics says an experience dueler can not achieve this at every level on the way up, just at some point in time, or at the top of AP/SP. A Zero Mot has a chance his entire toons life.
That is why I do it. Not to be a bully.

There is no best dueler in the world. There are several.

canufeelit

It is very simple, zero mote, or exp dueler, the best dueler is the dueler who is best in his range.

Really? :blink:

The most common misconception about dueling is that it is all about ap/sp. with the current setup for dueling it is more like a poker game. The bluff, the fake and most important, as Kenny would say, know when to hold em, know when to fold em...

DeletedUser34315

Know what gear to use, have a higher character level, know how to use buffs, have the same build as everyone else!

And somewhere in the darkness.. the gambler, he broke even!
At equal level dueling, it's mostly about gear, and a little bit luck and guessing stances. At inequal levels, the higher level usually wins.