Crafting

DeletedUser

The starter and other low difficulty recipes aren't about the product for the most part (besides the ones that are needed for other recipes), but about raising your skill.

DeletedUser

And are you considering the labeled prices or market prices?

I picked tonic, and I'm not worried about the LP for sulphur. I have other recipes I can do. As well, if I am spec'd wrong I'll just have to trade with town/ally folk for items they need over items I need.

Given how my alliance mates chose, I wish I'd gone saddler, but I found that out five minutes after I made my choice. :huh:

DeletedUser25233

Not sure what you mean about 'labelled' or market prices - I just looked at the little picture of the item (a couple of planks of wood for example), and looked at the 'Purchase Price' stated in the same box with the picture.

By the way, I got the feeling from something I read on the forum a while back that for some more difficult recipes you craft products into something, and then craft a few of those pre-crafted somethings into something new (with possibly further levels after that). Is that true? I hope the final thing you end up crafting is really worth it if so.

DeletedUser

By the way, I got the feeling from something I read on the forum a while back that for some more difficult recipes you craft products into something, and then craft a few of those pre-crafted somethings into something new (with possibly further levels after that). Is that true? I hope the final thing you end up crafting is really worth it if so.
It have to be so, I have just started on field cook, and out of 4 recipes only 1 product is usable.

Btw. do you use energy to craft products?

DeletedUser

What's best for dueler? Blacksmith or Master Saddler?
What blacksmith does exactly, can it improve damage of the weapons or something like that?

DeletedUser22493

It's hard to say exactly what it does, since not all recepies are found yet, but it seems to give bonuses to fort and dueling weapons.

DeletedUser

So far it seems cool. Only complaint I really have is that tools are consumable. You shouldn't need to get a new hammer every time you start a new job, for example. In real life craftsman don't buy new tools for every project. They use the same tools over and over. Tools should be required but shouldn't disappear once you make something.

But that could just be me.

I completely agree with this. Having to get a new hammer each time I want to "extract sulfur" is kind of dumb.

DeletedUser22493

Question:

I need to do White Water Transport, but im missing 13LP.
I want to use a "Slice of Cake". It gives 15LP

How many times can I do White Water Transport before the 15 LP effect goes out?

DeletedUser17612

But you can't actually do that job. 15LPs are only added to jobs that you can do (without upgrade).

EDIT: Sorry, i was reading this in Help and guides. Elmyr corrected that false statement someone made - you can increase your LPs to be able to do jobs you couldn't do before.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

What about Fish Soup? That gives 15 Tactics. Would solve the same problem.
I still have to use it "on" a job I can already do?

DeletedUser22493

Great. I was a little curious on that one, because adding 15 lp to a job I already could do would add... nothing..

DeletedUser

They don't stack though. Skill buffs and LP buffs are both "Character Buffs" and you can only have one.

DeletedUser22493

Don't need them to stack. Only need 15 more lp.
Hehe.. Guess the cake was not a lie after all..

So, how does this work? I eat it and then ill have 15 more lp for whatever job i do, and after doing that the bonus disappears and ill have to eat another one for the next 1 hour job?

Last edited by a moderator: