Crafting

DeletedUser

Purely for work.

Edit: And yeah, $850 is too high. On most worlds they sell for $300-500. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

The usable crafted items seem to be in clumps as you progress through crafting points. In each of the four professions, one starter recipe gives a usable product as well as the two level 50 recipes. Then there's three at level 250 and one at the very end. Perhaps it would be better if they were more evenly spread out.

DeletedUser

I think some people are probably missing the point about crafting. While certain crafted objects appear to have no purpose, new upgrades will hopefully include new recipes that will blow the socks off the game as it stands now.

I am thinking sulfur, saltpeter and charcoal. This combination has no use now, but surely one day it could become gunpowder with the right recipe. Imagine that in a fort battle. And how long will it be before cannons or gatling guns can be crafted?

DeletedUser

Cannons? Never.
Gatling guns? It's actually possible that those are already in the game.
But as crafted items? I doubt that.

DeletedUser25825

Why not cannons? They were prolific in the time through US civil war, and even the Mexican War... and certainly appropriate for the period. If not cannons... what about dynamite? One time use, with nasty spread damage

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Because there are no ships and pirates that would make a cannonfire minigame.

DeletedUser

Yea and I suppose local workers and outlaws operated those cannons for fun. Daily.

DeletedUser

I think some people are probably missing the point about crafting. While certain crafted objects appear to have no purpose, new upgrades will hopefully include new recipes that will blow the socks off the game as it stands now.

I am thinking sulfur, saltpeter and charcoal. This combination has no use now, but surely one day it could become gunpowder with the right recipe. Imagine that in a fort battle. And how long will it be before cannons or gatling guns can be crafted?

I really doubt they will put in crafting items that will significantly alter game balance.

Hopefully, they'll reduce product requirements like they did from 0-100 so leveling crafting doesn't require 20 people feeding products to one person.

DeletedUser

I really doubt they will put in crafting items that will significantly alter game balance.

Hopefully, they'll reduce product requirements like they did from 0-100 so leveling crafting doesn't require 20 people feeding products to one person.

What I was thinking was that cannons could do some damage to the walls and towers of forts. So they could reduce the levels (and so the defence bonuses) and need workers to get them back to shape after a fight. No idea how this would work in practice though. Maybe a random element with a 2% chance each round of a hit to a wall, tower, store or barracks, perhaps. And maybe the defence cannon could have a similar chance of knocking out the attacking cannon.

DeletedUser3543

I'd say cook and saddlemaster have larger issues as both these professions only level 300 recipe requires a knife and most of the knives made by blacksmiths will get converted to bayonets.

Possibly not....

Once making a bayonet doesn't yield a skill point, then smiths will only make one when they need one.

Lots of knives available then for the right money I'd guess, but they won't come cheap!

DeletedUser

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for granite blocks which are the bane of my existence. Only 512 left to go! :mad:
if i were into crafting i would just join a mega-alliance, so 1000 people could farm for 1 person who would then provide the 1000 people with crafted items......but im not into crafting since it's not worth it imo

DeletedUser

Possibly not....

Once making a bayonet doesn't yield a skill point, then smiths will only make one when they need one.

Lots of knives available then for the right money I'd guess, but they won't come cheap!

I completely disagree. With the amount of grinding required for one bayonet, the chance to get "excellent results" on them is well worth making them once your skill gets too high for skill points. Knives are worse than the bayonets themselves, but I'll still be happy to get two of them.

DeletedUser

Bayonets offer the use value and sale value to the crafter. Knives only have a sale value and currently the difference between a knife sale price and a bayonet sale price is pretty significant.

And with the cost difference between the two being 1 leather and 3 cotton, making bayonets instead of selling knives is an easy decision.

DeletedUser

None of my blacksmiths ever made a sharpened weapon. I always plan on 25 molten iron, 25 knives, then 25 bayonets to start. I don't care about selling them. The only thing I care less about than money is dueling.