BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i meant, what were the old bonuses

Resistance was capped. Before it could reduce damage to next to nothing, now, and this is why -Neo- said it's still best, it reduces damage to next to next to nothing. The worker sector bonus was +40/80% instead of +30/60%.

But now that you made me think about it, completely removing the sector bonus would be a bigger nerf.

You shot at Kraaky and caused 471 damage!

You shouldn't be able to do that with a precise Winchester.

DeletedUser

Think it's as simple as the developers didn't do the math full out and made a mistake making the bonuses so severe. they will/got to, address it in future updates one way or another. This seems to be an discussion for discussions sake. i think it quite impossible to argue that it should stay this way. For another couple months it will work, and after that, good luck finding anybody without a GG showing up at fort battles.

DeletedUser

...precise Winchester.
Ontopic: Precise winchesters can't kill level 120 pure HP soldier saurrounded by level 120 pure HP adventurers or workers within 55 rounds.

Offtopic: Elmyr... Green? Man, finally a good move from CM. I'm not sure why you left the position before nor I will ask, but without you sheriffing, this forum wasn't the same. Congrats!

Oops: Actually it's all offtopic as the topic is the boycott. But I won't delete it. Nor will mind an infraction for an offtopic. I deserved it, but just as before, I'm pretty proud of it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

think they never took the full premium worlds into consideration when bringing in the gun. most older worlds that i play or have seen have still very few golden guns, which make them more like what i think the devs intended.

now with the mad money stashed in the old worlds and the placate shaman available they will become more common there as well

for all those that can actually remember what it was before the mass amount of goldens hit, it was damn near an impossible task to take a large fort vs a full defense, now it seems that its damn near impossible to fill a large fort because so many have lost interest in dieing within a few rounds compared to lasting 30-40+

between the shaman and the golden set im sure inno has made some mad cash these past few months, so i cant see much changing in that respect.

and for those that have said just get more gg for your side, that wont matter. can anyone picture a filled battle(any fort size your imagination desires) with all players equipped with gg? have the devs or testers tried this?

some may think that would be an awesome battle...things will balance, personally i prefer the battles that last beyond round 20....and not just because the attackers are dragging it out toying with the poor basterds inside the fort

DeletedUser24514

I agree that the GG is changing the fort balance on the worlds. About 70% of the tele's I get from people saying that they are leaving is attributable to the GG impact.

Folks with rw money can get the nuggets and re-spec a few times and get the GG. Others are mostly shut-out.

The stacking rule of bonus points is also beyond ridicules and should not even have to be discussed - 100% total error that should be corrected.

The message given to the players is this, "spend your money on my game or it will suck for you." People are leaving, towns are going ghost. The owners need to do a healthy gut check.

HelenBack

The main suggestion here is to do away with the bonus sectors it touches the GG not one bit its still what it was as a gun and thats all that needs to be done for the moment. Bottom line is a very very high % of the community know theres a very serious problem with the GG sector bonus and your the only one who cant see it ???dont really care about this gaming community at all do you ? just yourself. :no:
A lot of us are indeed GG owners including me and can easily see the current sector stacking bonus is killing things off faster than anything introduced to date.It has to be addressed before it kills forts for good. Whatever you care to bleat about just like your 48 hr pass was abused and got done away with so will this imbalance.. one day you may grow up and play the game from a perspective of pure enjoyment and that level playing fields make it more fun for everyone and stop trying to abuse any angle you possibly can. Unfortunately somehow i doubt thats in your nature to comprehend so you will continue to whine and block those you cant deal with.

I do so enjoy having this one sided discussion you make silly comments i point them out ... you repeat the process so do I :D

Agreed Vic... He can't see all the valid points you make because he has you blocked... Unless someone quotes you. (I wonder if I'm blocked yet...)
;-)

The thing is... this is NOT an Arizona only problem... This is a GAME WIDE problem. Those who love the game and want the best for ALL PLAYERS can clearly see that this is a huge issue. If it is not addressed, people will lose interest in fort battles... There will be half filled fort battles... lopsided battles... people won't care anymore. They won't bother to show up only to last a couple rounds.

Then, when one side has all the forts, what will they do? There is no "fire" or excitement if you know your alliance will keep the fort even if you lose. So called "Fun" battles will only be fun for a while... then they will get dull... people won't bother going to them either. Then people will lose interest in that world... possibly the game.

All that we're asking is that the sector bonus can not be stacked. Stacking it causes a huge imbalance. If one GG owner dies then the next GG owner's bonus can kick in...

Joxer, if our situations were reversed and our alliance was mowing down forts, I would still be asking for the sector bonus NOT to be stacked. Why? Because I care more about the game as a whole than I do about owning all the forts. There is no challenge if you have no opposition... Think about it.

DeletedUser14006

No point trying to reason with Joxer or explain simple logic to him as he is so far up his own assTM.

Time to lock this thread and make sure the devs get to read it, it has served its purpose and put a very big light on the situation.

DeletedUser

only problem with your response helen is that life was a bowl of cherries until your side became the one that was outgunned, outmanned, out-tanked, and less active so most players are to the point when they get a cushy spot on a wall with los of only 1 offliner they wont move to help the others

this is no different then the players that used to complain how hp tanks were ruining the game, and once they themselves got their prize they turned into exactly that, and are now completely content with how things are rolling because it is in their favor

fact of the matter is, now the new world seems less appealing because at one time in my view it would have been an interesting thing to see how some people decided to build their towns...whether markets and sheriffs would take priority over finishing the shops so faster leveling players can help out the lowbies, or whatever....now it will be a race for the gg

still say the golden set was/is the ruination of the game, but the biggest money maker that inno has created to date

edit: agree with derek, this has to have brought the problem to light. when was the last time a thread had this many postings in such a short period?

DeletedUser26398

I believe that gg are not the problem but the sector bounce is the problem I wish that developers will stop this bounce I really got bored from this I fight in forts only in Arizona now and I sow a lot of people stop playing there because of gg I will be so sad if my friends like Caj and OBk stop playing this game or at least stop showing up in forts even if I changed the sides

hope that this situation will fix as soon as possible

HelenBack

only problem with your response helen is that life was a bowl of cherries until your side became the one that was outgunned, outmanned, out-tanked, and less active so most players are to the point when they get a cushy spot on a wall with los of only 1 offliner they wont move to help the others

this is no different then the players that used to complain how hp tanks were ruining the game, and once they themselves got their prize they turned into exactly that, and are now completely content with how things are rolling because it is in their favor

Actually Pat, when Wolf joined Unhinged they were already outgunned, outmanned and outtanked because both UiS and Trinity had joined together to destroy them. Which I still think is unfair, but I don't wanna open a "bottle of whine" here... I know you like to bring the cheese.
;)

However, this is NOT about Arizona... Even on worlds where my town/s is/are in the "dominating force" this is an issue that needs to be addressed. We don't enjoy lopsided battles... never have. I enjoy a challenge, not a walkover.

still say the golden set was/is the ruination of the game, but the biggest money maker that inno has created to date

Agreed on both points... But all the players who can't/don't purchase nuggets are just as important... They fill up the game. Without them, how empty would the worlds be? They have to be considered as important too.

DeletedUser30419

I agree that the GG is changing the fort balance on the worlds. About 70% of the tele's I get from people saying that they are leaving is attributable to the GG impact.

Folks with rw money can get the nuggets and re-spec a few times and get the GG. Others are mostly shut-out.

The stacking rule of bonus points is also beyond ridicules and should not even have to be discussed - 100% total error that should be corrected.

The message given to the players is this, "spend your money on my game or it will suck for you." People are leaving, towns are going ghost. The owners need to do a healthy gut check.

Very well said...

DeletedUser

I believe that gg are not the problem but the sector bounce is the problem I wish that developers will stop this bounce I really got bored from this I fight in forts only in Arizona now and I sow a lot of people stop playing there because of gg I will be so sad if my friends like Caj and OBk stop playing this game or at least stop showing up in forts even if I changed the sides

hope that this situation will fix as soon as possible

im not your friend anymore hollox :(

cut me deep mate, you cut me deep

DeletedUser26398

lol Pat sorry I thought you didn't stop fighting in Arizona lol no you are my best friend be sure but I sow that OBK and Caj stop go to forts so I am very sad to see this happen

and hope this will be fix or I will leave too as nothing to do after all forts go to New Trinity

DeletedUser

nope im with outlaw on this one bud. stick by my mates, as they have done for me whether things work out or not....as the saying goes united we stand, divided we fall

DeletedUser26398

well I am with you in this that gg screwing this game but what can we do :(
hope that at least they will move the sector bounce so it will be fair for gg holder and fair for normal gun holder

DeletedUser

From what i have read here and in the game forum, this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed ASAP..I personally don't mind losing to a better fighter or tactic, but this bonus seems(IMHO) totally unfair to everyone BUT those that have the GG...The GG is EARNED, but the stacking bonus is way too much of an advantage. If anything, the bonus should go to the non GG stackers to even it out a bit. The guns would STILL kick serious ass(as they should), but the non GG stackers get the tactical bonus..

Just a new player with a little opinion....

DeletedUser

Agreed Vic... He can't see all the valid points you make because he has you blocked... Unless someone quotes you. (I wonder if I'm blocked yet...)
;-)
Yea yea, Helen, I don't care about his opinion nor will comment it so no need to quote him.

And tell me please why should I block you? Put our differences aside and answer me honestly - can a newb learn anythig from you? I think the answer on that question is yes. Thus there is no reason to put you on the ignorelist. You simply don't belong there. Sorry if I disappointed you.

Actually Pat, when Wolf joined Unhinged they were already outgunned, outmanned and outtanked because both UiS and Trinity had joined together to destroy them.
Nah. Helen c'mon. Wolf was first friendly with unhinged, then allied. Then other towns joined that alliance and it started to grow big. It was the "other side" that was outgunned. Bad word actually. Outhealthed.
Trinity wasn't organized back then like it's today, and even if it did, it was still just a start. UiS also didn't exist at all, it's a new alliance practically. The only let's say big alliance back then was Air Town's one.

But still, see, noone said we should boycott forts and let unhinged to take every single fort on w13 just because our 50 players had a total of health like only two unhinged players. Instead of that, New Trinity was (re)organized with a plan to keep unhinged alliance from spreading too much east or west.

Even on worlds where my town/s is/are in the "dominating force" this is an issue that needs to be addressed. We don't enjoy lopsided battles... never have. I enjoy a challenge, not a walkover.
Somehow you're too late for that. For months your side could walk over anyone with monstrous health. And noone called for boycott or anything else. Today it's vice versa. Today you'll see 4000+ HP adventurers, workers, even duelers on our side. How many of those you have? You may pick any fight you want to prove it's not true, but it is. HP tanks win forts, but of course, with a good strategy and if the rest of the team is equipped.

Agreed on both points... But all the players who can't/don't purchase nuggets are just as important... They fill up the game. Without them, how empty would the worlds be? They have to be considered as important too.
Patience, w15 will be here sooner or later. I don't plan to use nuggets on it, but I do plan to have gold gun on it. Can I do that? Yes Helen, I can. You also can. Anyone actually can. :)

DeletedUser25233

try and see the big picture people...

Hi all,

Did anyone read my first post here? I don't have a golden gun, and I'm not in NT, but I still tried to see both sides of the story:

Although I personally think the stackable bonus is bad for the game, and therefore, ultimately, bad for the dev.s (and therefore will be addressed, as German server chap mentioned), I can see both points of view. JoxerTM, for example, used his intelligence and initiative (and money I guess) to forge a path towards the GGs, because he, rightly, saw how much of an advantage it would be to him and his alliance. I respect that.
At the same time, I can see the point of view of people who don't want devote a ton of time/money (or, in my case, brain-power, lol) to working out and pursuing the absolutely most efficient path to winning the fort fight side of the game. Those second people, myself included, are, naturally, peeved that they can't enjoy the odd fort-fight from time to time because of the GG, and naturally, look (possibly through slightly rose-tinted glasses) back at the 'simpler times' when fort fighting seemed to have more strategy and be more open to players of all levels and of most specs.

It's a tricky one. It IS unfair to drastically reduce the stats of a weapon people have invested so much time, effort and money into getting. It is also unfair to non-premium players and non hard-out fort-fighting players to not be able to enjoy a pretty major element of the game (any more). The only solutions I can see are to either limit the stackable bonus to a certain number per sector (I haven't fully thought this out, but it seems on the surface of it that GG players would still do very well at fort fights, but non-GG players would have a bit more of a fighting chance than they currently do); or to introduce some other new factor that would even things out (I don't know, maybe some sort of fortification/item/bit of clothing that changes how LOS works? or having different sorts of terrain around the forts, with each different type affecting the battle somehow? or having a 'lucky gun of the day' -never a golden one- that is randomly chosen by the game just prior to round 1, or..?)

As for the boycott idea. In theory I like it, and will suggest it on our alliance's forum (or at least open the idea up for feedback); nevertheless, it has the flavour of one of those emails I get from time to time saying 'the petrol companies have an oligopoly (I'm in NZ), you can affect their profiteering by everyone not buying petrol (sometimes from just one company) on such-and-such day - then they'll take stock and put their outrageous prices down'. This kind of thing never works. But it's possible it could work here, as there're fewer people in The West than own cars in NZ, and maybe people are more worked up about fort fight inequalities than the price of gas (yeah right...)

...and you know what, the big picture is, that if people are intelligent and passionate about doing as well in the game as they can, like Joxer and his lot, then no matter what the rules happen to be changed to, once they're learnt, they'll always do really well.
I have a friend called Andrew who I play board games with rather a lot. He always does really well. And it's because he uses his intelligence to work out how the rules can be used to his maximum advantage (very frustrating - I do that a bit too, but I tend to be much more 'do what feels right, and see what happens', lol).

I guess the issue here is that once a certain group have figured out how to gain the best advantage the quickest and have smartly (both senses of the word) made their way there, then it kind of precludes other groups from doing it to, or even forging a new and competitive path to the goal too(of fort ownership domination).

By the way, I think it'd be nice, if, when this issue is addressed, there's some sort of (albeit small) bias towards the possibility of lots of different alliances owning forts. It stinks if one guy in your class has a whole box of cookies and the rest of you've got none. I'd still be grumpy if a clique had 5 each and me and a bunch of other geeks were left with 1 each, but less so....

HelenBack

And tell me please why should I block you? Put our differences aside and answer me honestly - can a newb learn anythig from you? I think the answer on that question is yes. Thus there is no reason to put you on the ignorelist. You simply don't belong there. Sorry if I disappointed you.
Thanks Joxer... I appreciate the compliment. :)

Nah. Helen c'mon. Wolf was first friendly with unhinged, then allied. Then other towns joined that alliance and it started to grow big. It was the "other side" that was outgunned. Bad word actually. Outhealthed.
Trinity wasn't organized back then like it's today, and even if it did, it was still just a start. UiS also didn't exist at all, it's a new alliance practically. The only let's say big alliance back then was Air Town's one.

In the beginning, Wolf was friendly with Unhinged and quite a few towns that are now in Trinity / UiS (now LoTE). There was also a point where we had to remain neutral as our friends started fighting each other (after they had worked together)... Yes, there was also Air Town... But Wolf officially joined the Unhinged alliance when most of the rest of Arizona started teaming up against them. So, no... we actually weren't part of the "big overgunned/overtanked" alliance. We didn't join Trinity / UiS when we were asked because that would further imbalance the world.

But enough about Arizona... This issue still is about the whole game and not just one world. The sector bonus stacking needs to be removed (which is not listed in the gun's specs anyways). The rest of the GG is fine and still worth the effort.

Patience, w15 will be here sooner or later. I don't plan to use nuggets on it, but I do plan to have gold gun on it. Can I do that? Yes Helen, I can. You also can. Anyone actually can. :)
I won't be on w15... I have not used nuggets at all on Arizona or Briscoe (no golden nugget medal for me!). I haven't purchased nuggets since they brought the new premiums to w11 and w12. I'm dead set against buying skills... but that's another story...
;)

DeletedUser

*claps* nice speech helen, I certainly like Golden Guns, BUT THEY HAVE RUINED AND STILL ARE RUINING THE GAME, WE need to work TOGETHER (yes as a big GROUP even enemies may have same beliefs) to get the boycott lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.