BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yeah pure HP without skills have sense? lets flag rush :drooll: HP monster isnt skill it is pure crap that ruin game nothing else if you remember before GGs HP tank was around 5-6K look now around 10 what can normal weapon do to them? nothing! as i say i will boycotte if HP is limited on 5k that means never :laugh:

Of course, i agree with that one, hp monstering is crap, but you are fighting fire with petrol here, and ruining the game even more.

DeletedUser9470

it is only natural that golden gun owners flame this post and belittle people, and do everything they can to divert attention from the enormously overpowering golden gun they have acquired.
these people, by doing so, only prove the OP to be right.
the devs arent silly and will do what is best for the game.
maybe keeping the GG sector bonuses is a good thing after all, a huge carrot, contributing to the rat race.
just like premium, it kills off the free game, but does it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24373

Oh now it is your boycotte? yesterday you said that it is the will of people :D

Thx we will have fun tonight feel free to join and about bonus there is one song goes like this drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream

I will take print screen of this words you say to see if you stand behind your words ;)

I speak only for myself Unforgiven, not all the other game players. I did start the thread calling for a boycott, as no one else did prior to me doing it.

Post the quote of me saying it was "the will of the people" will you please? The fact remains that many players on many worlds do NOT agree with the stackable bonus. While others have called for the entire gun to be scrapped, I am simply advocating the immediate change of stackable sector bonus is all.

As far as Arizona goes, watch fort battle attendance by others start declining.

I will be deleting my Arizona account at Easter time if the stackable bonus is not removed. No need to keep playing a world that is repetitive of others I play.

Unforgiven, please get an understanding of exploiting.

Definition of EXPLOIT

transitive verb
: to make productive use of : utilize.

Exactly how is that flaming Cro or Trinity?

I got this in my mail today on AZ who wanted to post on this but also wants to stay out of forums:

"Fact 1: The stacking bonus, +2 hit +2 dodge with +15 damage to the entire sector comes out in the game like this. If there are 10 golden guns in a large sector, There's 33 people in the large starting sectors. So right from the start, 33 people have +20 attack, +20 defense and +150 damage. A brittle bow has a 50-130 damage range, no weapon at all, or stones, have a 50-110 damage range. So this now makes the minimum damage if a player hits using the weakest weapons or no weapon at all, 200 points damage. This is equal to the precise breach loader, a level 73 gun. The max damage assuming a hit is now 280 for the brittle bow and 260 for no weapon at all. The closest gun with that kind of top end power is the precise musket- a level 43 gun. The defense cannot even stack 10 golden guns in one sector. So now, level 10 players are hitting for as much as level 73 players minimum, and they have abetter defense bonus then the generic tower bonus. If they attack and get to a tower while stacking the guns on a tower, the fort is lost regardless of how many defenders are still alive.

I have seen battles with 20+ golden guns on one side. My average damage received in battles is over 300 damage from soldiers, adventurers and workers and rarely can I survive one round in the line of fire now as even though I dodge 10-15 hits, the 9 that land takes me out.

Fact 2: There are players who made the choices on the quest before any mention of the golden gun was around. These players cannot go back and change decision points to get something the entire game had no knowledge of when they did the quests. To pretend they screwed up and made a bad choice is a lot disingenuous. They had no choice at all at the time. In order to have a choice, you have to have knowledge of the options and consequences.

Fact 3: Once you can obtain the golden gun, you have no more quests, no reason at all to skill your points outside of fort fights or dueling. Plus, you are likely at least level 80 or better so you already have the skill point advantage over players just starting out. Gaining experience from fort battles is harder and harder so most lower levels are being forced out of battles just to work for months to gain a high enough level to start looking for the golden gun.

Fact 4: This game, even though nugget munchers are part of it, would not be nearly as full or fun without the non-premium players. If it boils down to those who pay verses those who don't, you can expect to lose a lot of both because those who don't pay, probably will move on to something that doesn't exclude them- something they can participate in, those who do pay, some will become bored with no one to fight and quit, the rest will stay with the satisfaction they won while resorting to more or less a farm-ville atmosphere where they just log in, follow routines, then log of. They might as well do away with fort battles altogether and just have maneuvers.

Fact 5: Limiting the sector bonus to a few golden guns at a time, or even just 1 at a time, will not take away from the overall value of the golden gun. IT will actually make it valuable longer. The gun still has killer bonuses specifically for the owner and the best hit/damage available of the fort guns. I see people claiming they spent money, they spent time, they spent the effort, and I agree that they should benefit. But why should the level 10's become equal to level 73's in minimum damage because of something you did and not them? Making the advantage of the gun a sane reality helps those who spend the money, time, and effort getting it, because it will make it more useful in the long term. Otherwise it becomes one of the German Sheppard branded Harley motorcycles that sees more time in the back of a pickup truck then running down the road.

All in all, I see attempts to keep the advantage and insult people who want it returned to something sane as pathetic. No one is requesting the gun disappear itself, only that the sector bonus be dealt with. I can however understand their dismay in seeing people who want that to happen. I mean after all, they spent lost of money buying an advantage so their skills were less important and attempts to revert that back to skills threatens their investment. If this game is about who pays for it, it should at least be out in the open so those thinking it's free to play aren't misguided and frustrated in their attempts at playing it free of charge."

DeletedUser

Firstly:
i must disagree with you this hole thread is one big flame, spiting on cro members and whining about ggs bonus.

I must disagree with you, as among the tedious, petty, childish oneupmanship, people are actually trying to have a discussion on something that has profoundly altered the state of an element of the game in this thread - there at least seems to be a consensus on the fact that the Golden Gun sector bonus has had a definitive effect on fort-fighting (whether you see that effect as detrimental, or not)

Secondly:
Just read my signature is the use of premium accaunt exploit? Give me one proof that someone from cro town use any exploits especially on golden guns.

I'm working on the assumption that English is not your first language, as I think there is clearly a misunderstanding about the use of word 'exploit'. I really don't think you or anyone else is being accused of using an exploit: exploit in the sense of using, for example, malicious code. 'Exploit' here was being used in its meaning of 'taking advantage' of a situation. But that's the vagaries of English for you.

And I don't mean to sound patronising, but when you're dealing with any language that isn't your native one, it's really quite important to make sure you understand the actual meaning - and indeed the implied meaning - of what's written before leaping to conclusions and acting upon them. I know this from bitter experience professionally; and have unwittingly caused huge unintended offence in half a dozen languages I thought I was reasonably proficient in, only to misinterpret some subtly somewhere that perhaps only a native speaker would understand instantly.

DeletedUser28121

Thanks to a few duelers KO'ing me today, it looks like my boycott has officially started.

To all those still going to participate in the fort fights, have fun if you can.

To anyone joining me in this boycott, let's hope the developers change the stackable sector bonus.

If no change is made prior to Easter, I will be deleting my accounts.

obk u will accomplish nothing by deleting your accounts except depriving your self of something u enjoyed for months now.... and seriously, giving the devs till easter to roll out an update??? :blink: or else?:rolleyes: - btw, im confident that the stackable bonus is a gonner in the next update (gets to absurd numbers after like 15GG's in a sector) (secretly still hoping they only nerf it (+1A,D? +5 damage? 4GG's max per bonus?)) --- well, surely we can compromise ?:D

DeletedUser24373

obk u will accomplish nothing by deleting your accounts except depriving your self of something u enjoyed for months now.... and seriously, giving the devs till easter to roll out an update??? :blink: or else?:rolleyes: - btw, im confident that the stackable bonus is a gonner in the next update (gets to absurd numbers after like 15GG's in a sector) (secretly still hoping they only nerf it (+1A,D? +5 damage? 4GG's max per bonus?)) --- well, surely we can compromise ?:D

Black,

There are other games on the market to play, Inno has no monopoly (lol). Giving them until Easter is my way of simply not giving up on the game now. They have been aware of this problem for well over a month now and most likely were aware of it when the gun was introduced.

I do play on a few other worlds where I do not fort fight. I would keep those accounts after Easter as the GG has no effect on me in those worlds. I will not be making any nugget purchases, on any worlds, until the stackable bonus is removed.

Deleted User - 1278415

So you say you will start a boycott on Mar 15th... what world? or is this on just the worlds you play on?
Will there be any future boycotts? Again I doubt it.
Would a boycott do any good? I Highly doubt it.

This whole golden gun thing has to be a financial windfall for Inno and I doubt they will make any changes to an item like this.

I'd like to see them make more items like this in the future, it is a revolutionary change to the game but thankfully it is a game and changes can be made.

good luck with your little boycott... I boycotted world 12 fort battles for about a year now and after I found my key 3 I started fort fighting again. looks like they kept fort fighting without me... how dare they.

DeletedUser22575

So you say you will start a boycott on Mar 15th... what world? or is this on just the worlds you play on?

This whole golden gun thing has to be a financial windfall for Inno and I doubt they will make any changes to an item like this.

I'd like to see them make more items like this in the future, it is a revolutionary change to the game but thankfully it is a game and changes can be made.

good luck with your little boycott... I boycotted world 12 fort battles for about a year now and after I found my key 3 I started fort fighting again. looks like they kept fort fighting without me... how dare they.

Good Feather we are talking about the need for a change to the stackable bonus..not getting rid of the GG's.

And may I remind you that you never thought the NPC duel KO would be changed either.

DeletedUser24373

Thanks for the sarcasm. I don't think that my personal boycott of Fort fights will make a difference alone. If others join me it will though. I am boycotting them on Arizona since out of the 4 worlds I do play, that is the only one I FF on.

Where it will affect Inno is I have also quit purchasing nuggets. I have talked to several dozen other players that say they have also quit purchasing nuggets.

I'm not sure why you boycotted FF's for a year, as before this I saw no legitimate reason to boycott them. Congrats on finding your key #3, there is no need for me to look for it on AZ as it is impossible to get. You see Good Feather, I am also one of those players that had done the Raid questline prior to the introduction of the GG. By choosing the path I did, it eliminated the possibility of acquiring key #3.

If you can't see the imbalance created by the stackable sector bonus then you are not trying to see "the forest through the trees".

I called for a boycott from any players that feel as I do. Judging from the posts on this topic, as well as other topics, there are other that agree with me. Whether they boycott as well is up to each of them. I believe in each persons ability to decide for themselves if they want to boycott or not. Feel free to boycott the battles on any world you may play and actively fort fight in. :)

Deleted User - 1278415

Good Feather we are talking about the need for a change to the stackable bonus..not getting rid of the GG's.

And may I remind you that you never thought the NPC duel KO would be changed either.

Maybe with my doubt will lead to your eventual change of the golden gun item properties change, as I meant to say. I was referring to changing the gg properties of zone changes not doing away with it, once it is in the game it is a done deal I'd say, and I should doubt things more often.

I doubt they will drop the value of key 3 so everyone will have an opportunity at one some day.
I doubt they will bring texas holdem to the game.
I doubt they will bring crafting to the game
hmm I doubt I will win the lottery someday if I ever started playing.

I like doubting myself for your benefit. Oh well if it happens it happens. As long as I'm having fun then I'll play when I want to play. I'll buy nuggets when run out no big deal there. As long as I'm having fun, but when I don't then I'll boycott the game the next day.

I just roll with the changes new and old, good and bad.

Oh and why did I boycott w12 fort fights.. I wasnt really interested in w12. I was a pure dueler there just get my payback for all the workers I play on other worlds. I wanted to go around and bully the workers haha but dueling got boring after awhile.

DeletedUser

I was referring to changing the gg properties of zone changes not doing away with it, once it is in the game it is a done deal I'd say, and I should doubt things more often.

There's precedent: the worker's fort battle bonus, resistance in duels, and even the Gatling gun, which was available in gunsmiths on Beta when forts were first implemented and removed shortly thereafter. It did about the same damage as a Golden gun without the bonuses. I assume they decided against it because it was too powerful.

DeletedUser9470

resist is still easiest best build, and workers still get more bonus than say... soldiers...
leads to me thinking GG will be nerved but will still remain best FF gun...

DeletedUser24373

leads to me thinking GG will be nerved but will still remain best FF gun...

I think that is all that most on here are asking for Neo. If the devs "nerf" the stackable sector bonus, the GG is still the most powerful and thus most desirable fort weapon to have.

Without having the capability of adding +66 to attack and defense as well as +485 damage (33 golden guns in one sector).

DeletedUser

as a w12 player, from the the opposing alliance to yours, i can say that now the other side rarely wins (the one with less GGs), doesn't matter if it is attack or defend. can the other side now win an attack? almost impossible (previously it was difficult but realistic). tactics is of minor importance now - you just need to take few kids with a GG to win the fight, kids that used parents credit card to respec and get the 3rd key.

that means in few weeks you won't have anybody to fight with. the end of the world is coming. some can see this sooner, some will witness it later.

i am not premium player and chances to find 3rd key are minimal. should take years to respec.

GG sector bonus has to go. completely supporting thread starter.

Being with The Alliance and a town founder I am on the winning side. However, I agree with this 110% GG's have almost ruined W12 now it was so balanced before, but now unless IHLAG gets enough GG's to rival us (which could be very fun) things will be boring from here on out

DeletedUser

yes i hate this gun it ruins the game and i am think of leaving because of it

DeletedUser

Interesting that a mod (or former mod) sees the GG the same way as many others of us do. Found this on the W12 thread.
Yea, his sig is even more interesting. I always wondered how you become a moderator on this forum, well, now I know.
this hole thread is one big flame, spiting on cro members and whining about ggs bonus.
Absolutely correct.
I got this in my mail today on AZ who wanted to post on this but also wants to stay out of forums:

"Fact 1: The stacking bonus, +2 hit +2 dodge with +15 damage to the entire sector comes out in the game like this
Certain towns leadership on not just Arizona were aware of this ages ago. If your town leadership was not aware of it till yesterday as it seems so, or if you didn't know it, that's your problem.

I have seen battles with 20+ golden guns on one side.

Fact 2: There are players who made the choices on the quest before any mention of the golden gun was around.
You'll see even more gold guns on one side as we won't stop getting them. We do have a few players who made the wrong choice, so what? They still have precise winchester and what's even more important - they turned into HP monster.

Fact 3: Once you can obtain the golden gun, you have no more quests, no reason at all to skill your points outside of fort fights or dueling.
I don't see a problem here. Even if there was a problem, it's gonna be changed. Read The Roadmap, don't come back whining again in a few months.

Fact 4: This game, even though nugget munchers are part of it, would not be nearly as full or fun without the non-premium players.
Some of us don't care. We have nuggets and on all your spam digs - we use nuggets. And we get into every single one dig. Did you really think we won't use nuggets?

Fact 5: Limiting the sector bonus to a few golden guns at a time, or even just 1 at a time, will not take away from the overall value of the golden gun.
It will. Owners of that gun worked months to get that bonus - and now, you want to take it away from them just because they're stealing your forts and you can do nothing about it.
im confident that the stackable bonus is a gonner in the next update
I don't think so. Insted of nerfing anything devs could add a regular fort gun with the same or a bit lower bonus buyable in the shop. You're also NOT reading The Roadmap about classes and specializations, that can also be used to get the sector bonus or to negate it on the enemy, there are many things devs can do without touching the gold gun.
There's precedent: the worker's fort battle bonus, resistance in duels, and even the Gatling gun, which was available in gunsmiths on Beta when forts were first implemented and removed shortly thereafter. It did about the same damage as a Golden gun without the bonuses. I assume they decided against it because it was too powerful.
Yea Elmyr, but then again there weren't dozens of level 120 pure HP soldiers on beta you need to kill back then, right? And IIRC Gatling Gun will be added in the game.

DeletedUser16008

My my my, seems the only person here trying to even bother arguing the GG sector bonus is good for the game is Joker...

Not content with being totally incorrect on points such as previous game alterations re resist and worker bonus being in main game NOT beta he seems to think this is all about his little town which again its not and how arrogant to think it is, all it does is highlight a serious problem.

Now hes also inferring the Moderators are against him personally ...get a reality check please do ...

The main suggestion here is to do away with the bonus sectors it touches the GG not one bit its still what it was as a gun and thats all that needs to be done for the moment. Bottom line is a very very high % of the community know theres a very serious problem with the GG sector bonus and your the only one who cant see it ???dont really care about this gaming community at all do you ? just yourself. :no:
A lot of us are indeed GG owners including me and can easily see the current sector stacking bonus is killing things off faster than anything introduced to date.It has to be addressed before it kills forts for good. Whatever you care to bleat about just like your 48 hr pass was abused and got done away with so will this imbalance.. one day you may grow up and play the game from a perspective of pure enjoyment and that level playing fields make it more fun for everyone and stop trying to abuse any angle you possibly can. Unfortunately somehow i doubt thats in your nature to comprehend so you will continue to whine and block those you cant deal with.

I do so enjoy having this one sided discussion you make silly comments i point them out ... you repeat the process so do I :D

Status
Not open for further replies.