BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30419

I have read the arguments on this issue and the following points need to be made I think.

1. OutlawBK stated his case and asked for support...did not force anyone into joining or not joining.
2. Oppositions were made which is totally reasonable.
3. Then immaturity came into play by stating slams on OutlawBK and his alliance because he or they dared to differ.
4. Those doing the name calling and belittling agreed the bonuses were outrageous and unfair.
5. How we choose to handle our own issues with things should be respected. There is no right or wrong to disagreements.
6. Everyone is free to continue or discontinue play. Please stop putting others down for their opinions.
7. Learn to spell...use spell check...it makes your points carry more weight.

Now for my "opinion", it seems that the game should be open to all at all levels. If the game was not intended to allow lower levels such as level 30 to fort fight then there would not be a fort fighting gun at that level.

I personally want to try and get the GG on Arizona, as I still have an opportunity to do so, but it used to be more challenging to take a fort with all levels. That included defending what you have. Now the lower level players can't even get into a battle because the only way to have a chance at winning is to have the highest level players you have.

In ANY game or sport the goal is winning...if you have ZERO chance of that what is sporting about that. I used to last against hits...now two rounds I am out of the battle. I don't believe the boycotting will matter to the developers only because there are enough players that will continue to play and pay. But at least it is some action that can be taken to make a point.

Now if you have an adult common sense point to make please do. If you wish to whine belittle or call me names please don't...as it detracts from the topic at hand.

DeletedUser9470

I think, instead of nerving, they should bring out one super-gun per world.
A quest you can only get when you reach say... mmm... 10.000 duel wins.
LOL

DeletedUser22685

I think it's kind of ironic that Joxer is continually pleading that the GGs are fine but HP is the ruination of fort battles, when with twenty something GGs in his town (or whatever ridiculous amount it is nowadays) of course the enemy are going to need to pump even more HP to attempt to survive past round 10.

HelenBack

In ANY game or sport the goal is winning...if you have ZERO chance of that what is sporting about that. I used to last against hits...now two rounds I am out of the battle.

Your whole post is well stated... thank you.

Conclusion? I'll boycott nothing. With or without gold gun you can play, have fun and win. It's all about your team, not about some item.

Joxer... I've had people go to fort battles and they kept getting killed in one or two rounds. They don't bother going to fort battles anymore because there is nothing in it for them... We're losing fort fighters because of the lopsided battles all the time. So your thought about "with or without a GG you can play, have fun and win" is totally incorrect. That is what I was trying to point out to you... But instead of taking on the challenge I suggested (drop the GGs for a couple battles), you just decided to belittle me and state that I'm a leader of Unhinged? I'm not in Unhinged or their alliance... and I'm not going to bother replying to your previous response. I won't let you bait me this time...
:no:

Oh and as for the HP "issue"... How many tanks do you have including the extra large tank twins that are always on your side and have been for months?
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

This thread is still out of w13 section?
Oops, sorry, I shouldn't be surprised...

Anyway, all of you had the same chance as I did:
1. to sacrifice everything for months and work on getting the gold gun THEN respec into whatever you want and not vice versa
2. to make a town with 10 gold guns like I planned to (yea, well, we got more than 10, so what)

All you did was:
1. playing w13 like it is w1-w12 and thus newbs will be doomed
2. ignoring the existence of the gold gun for months, like noone will ever get one, and now you're blaming others because YOU lack of vision and imagination, because YOU didn't know what powers this gun holds, because your alliance now loses forts.

Oh, there is more to it on w13... Your alliance made a big cash on me by selling liquorice. Yes, most of it I bought from your alliance. So much for realizing the importance of that item. I expect you'll now start whining about that too. If not about liquorice, then about how it's possible that I had so much cash all the time in this game, and you can't.

And it's not just that. You are unaware of the market importance (except one player in your alliance), will you whine the same way like you do now when you "discover" it? Will you whine again when others make something out of crafting that will soon come, but you won't care for it for months? Will you whine again when duel system changes and you respecced into the current one just because you don't want to know what is written in the new roadmap? Will you blame again everyone else instead of yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thread lets boycotte CROBeer.... khm .... khm fort fights they are kicking us on every our fight and they have golden guns uuuu. :rolleyes:

but this is fine with me you start boycotte we will have more space to sleep ;) and my advice to you guys in the time of boycotte try to finish quest for GGs it will be great when you attack us with golden guns mabe you will have chance to win some forts back :laugh: keyword "mabe" :)

ps: sorry i said yesterday I will not discuss it here anymore but i must when i see this funny thing :D

DeletedUser25233

Although I personally think the stackable bonus is bad for the game, and therefore, ultimately, bad for the dev.s (and therefore will be addressed, as German server chap mentioned), I can see both points of view. JoxerTM, for example, used his intelligence and initiative (and money I guess) to forge a path towards the GGs, because he, rightly, saw how much of an advantage it would be to him and his alliance. I respect that.
At the same time, I can see the point of view of people who don't want devote a ton of time/money (or, in my case, brain-power, lol) to working out and pursuing the absolutely most efficient path to winning the fort fight side of the game. Those second people, myself included, are, naturally, peeved that they can't enjoy the odd fort-fight from time to time because of the GG, and naturally, look (possibly through slightly rose-tinted glasses) back at the 'simpler times' when fort fighting seemed to have more strategy and be more open to players of all levels and of most specs.

It's a tricky one. It IS unfair to drastically reduce the stats of a weapon people ahve invested so much time, effort and money into getting. It is also unfair to non-premium players and non hard-out fort-fighting players to not be able to enjoy a pretty major element of the game (any more). The only solutions I can see are to either limit the stackable bonus to a certain number per sector (I haven't fully thought this out, but it seems on the surface of it that GG players would still do very well at fort fights, but non-GG players would have a bit more of a fighting chance than they currently do); or to introduce some other new factor that would even things out (I don't know, maybe some sort of fortification/item/bit of clothing that changes how LOS works? or having different sorts of terrain around the forts, with each different type affecting the battle somehow? or having a 'lucky gun of the day' -never a golden one- that is randomly chosen by the game just prior to round 1, or..?)

As for the boycott idea. In theory I like it, and will suggest it on our alliance's forum (or at least open the idea up for feedback); nevertheless, it has the flavour of one of those emails I get from time to time saying 'the petrol companies have an oligopoly (I'm in NZ), you can affect their profiteering by everyone not buying petrol (sometimes from just one company) on such-and-such day - then they'll take stock and put their outrageous prices down'. This kind of thing never works. But it's possible it could work here, as there're fewer people in The West than own cars in NZ, and maybe people are more worked up about fort fight inequalities than the price of gas (yeah right...)

DeletedUser30419

Joxer...do you even read the other posts? I am trying to understand you as you continually miss the point. Let me refresh a couple of things.

1. If you are "newb" you stand a better chance in Arizona W13 because the spoilers are now out on the GG, I am assuming you waited for those to get yours?
2. It isn't having the GG that is the problem...but the sector bonus that is outrageous...
3. Eventually it will even out but until it does there is no point in fighting...no skill is required when you have that large of an advantage.
4. I would suggest you re-read my post or read it for the first time.

Lastly you continue to belittle others to make what point? That you have no facts to support your theories? Try thinking about what has been said and try to add some constructive ideas instead of destructive petty remarks.

DeletedUser

Joxer...do you even read the other posts?
No.
I am trying to understand you as you continually miss the point.
The point is that the thread title is "boycott" instead of "let's whine". Hard to miss it.

1. If you are "newb" you stand a better chance in Arizona W13 because the spoilers are now out on the GG, I am assuming you waited for those to get yours?
Please rephrase the question as I'm not sure what are you asking. Before that however, please check the spoilers area on this forum and make sure you know who brought those spoilers MONTHS ago.
2. It isn't having the GG that is the problem...but the sector bonus that is outrageous...
Again please check this forum and find the discussion about 4 gold guns stacking bonus on beta (3 soldiers and 1 advewnturer) MONTHS old.
3. Eventually it will even out but until it does there is no point in fighting...no skill is required when you have that large of an advantage.
You really think you need no skill? There are 5 fort fighting skills. But I'm not talking about hiding. Or stamina. Do the search on the forum. Again. This time search what I've wrote about fort fighting skills MONTHS ago, even before gold gun existed.
4. I would suggest you re-read my post or read it for the first time.
Really? You reread my MONTHS old posts, then perhaps I'll reread your one post.

Lastly you continue to belittle others to make what point? That you have no facts to support your theories? Try thinking about what has been said and try to add some constructive ideas instead of destructive petty remarks.
You really think I have no facts? But I do, dear. All are written in my MONTHS old posts you seem to ignore. Those who didn't ignore them are now doing what on w13? They are not whining, but instead are doing something like this (today's report):
8y6fk8.png

And they won't stop.

DeletedUser30419

Where is the constructive advice here? Again I read petty comments. Therefore I believe you are a waste of time and space JoxerTM.

DeletedUser

If you don't see the advice, you should probably switch glasses.
And your belief got you where you currently are on w13. :)

DeletedUser16008

Bim I wouldnt sweat it none, the clown only listens to his own echo. ;)

Turns out the guy cant take an opposite view nor properly debate anything so attempts to turn to sarcasm etc yea I know its pretty lame huh ?

Youll notice those he sticks on ignore tend to hold their own in a debate, have a pretty good record of showing him up for being often wrong or blinkered in his viewpoints. worst thing for him to deal with so he just adds them to his ignore list which in itself makes things even worse for him although he cant even figure that out.

If your lucky Enough youll get on the ignore list where you can make plenty of relevant thread posts only to have him shove his foot in his mouth and seem like an even bigger noob on threads because he cant see them..:D

Back on track Nerf the sector stacking bonus, itll hurt no one and balance things out since no one knew about the stacking thing and it dosnt affect your GG that you own in any way.

DeletedUser

Back on track Nerf the sector stacking bonus, itll hurt no one and balance things out since no one knew about the stacking thing and it dosnt affect your GG that you own in any way.

Yeah, I agree. The GG would be good enough without the sector bonus. It would still be the best fort gun. But if you want some kind of advantage to it, then nerf the bonus or limit the GGs to only allow 2/4 GGs per sector. Sure you can have more than that in one sector but you wont get more bonus from it. Just my opinion..

DeletedUser

To solve ALL problems!!!; Paper-scissor-stone kind of weapons. You have to chose ONE of say three different "platinum" :) guns/melee weapon. Each have strengths/weakness so depending on towns tactic skills how to best utilize their strengths, minimize their weakness. Not ONE single gun overpowers all the rest. Would make fort fights much more about skill then brute force.
Actually a system similar to the very good dueling system, that have held up very well as game has progressed would be a big improvement for fort fights.

DeletedUser24373

I'll be leaving the game when my alliance on World 12 is dead. So ya'll will see me for the next two weeks or so.

Overall, the golden gun has ruined fort battles. Because of the bonus it supplies to its sector, the mass production of golden guns drastically shifts the power of a world. A stacked golden gun sector can easily do 2k extra damage a round. Got the most golden guns? Congratulations, you win. Worlds 1-10 are dead. World Arizona has been decimated by the golden gun, World 12 is close behind, and World 11 is on its way. Briscoe was never anything significant to speak of.

The point being made here is the gun is too overpowered. Is it easy to get? Well, its certainly not difficult, now that we know the exact steps and have it advertised in the Quest Discussion section of our forums. All you need is cash, the level, and patience.

Oh, and premium.

There's no problem with everyone having a golden gun. The problem is players tend to group with their experienced friends, who all have the means to get the gun. Meanwhile, other lower level and non-premium players group, who don't have the means to respec (and even then, you have to spec back to a useful build). One side ends up much more powerful than the other.

Throw in the golden gun with previous experience, and you take what was once a great, equally powered world in to a one-sided manslaughter at every fort battle. I'd leave World 12 now but have way too many people counting on me to mail, lead, and [help] run an alliance. After one side has nothing to lose, they'll start deleting their accounts and numbers will drop. Meaning less money for Inno (though they've probably made up all future slack through golden gun respeccing and half-times) and another dead world to add to our extensive list.

In short: The golden gun will be the demise of The West's fort battles. Three cheers for world domination.

Interesting that a mod (or former mod) sees the GG the same way as many others of us do. Found this on the W12 thread.

HelenBack

Youll notice those he sticks on ignore tend to hold their own in a debate, have a pretty good record of showing him up for being often wrong or blinkered in his viewpoints. worst thing for him to deal with so he just adds them to his ignore list which in itself makes things even worse for him although he cant even figure that out.

It seems that he can't see the bigger picture... Just wants to win fort battles at any cost. Even if this will eventually kill off this world, he's dead set that his way is the only way. I have already seen people who are no longer going to fort battles because they're killed in a couple rounds. So why bother?

But what he doesn't see is that his own alliance will also become bored with the battles because there is no challenge left. Fun battles get boring... You need to have a real fight with real opposition to make them fun. If you know that no matter what happens, the fort will still be part of the alliance... Why bother putting up a real fight?

It's not about who has all the forts... It's about the real challenging battles to keep them. Those are fun... not the walkovers that exist now.

Agreed Vic... Just taking out the sector stacking bonuses (which were never advertised in the gun's stats) would re-balance the fort battles. The gun still has awesome stats.

Also, having added the gun later in the game, people that didn't choose the correct path in the quest... are basically out of luck. Much like the Hernando's Sword. But even that has been replaced by the Golden Saber (which doesn't have a requirement on the outcome of another quest). Maybe the devs could create another quest that has the wrong path as a requirement... That will allow those who chose it another chance and therefore a chance to get their GG.

DeletedUser24373

Thanks to a few duelers KO'ing me today, it looks like my boycott has officially started.

To all those still going to participate in the fort fights, have fun if you can.

To anyone joining me in this boycott, let's hope the developers change the stackable sector bonus.

If no change is made prior to Easter, I will be deleting my accounts.

DeletedUser

Your not doing anything besides flaming here and posting nothing constructive. This is not a P&P thread but a discussion thread.
i must disagree with you this hole thread is one big flame, spiting on cro members and whining about ggs bonus. Just read my signature is the use of premium accaunt exploit? Give me one proof that someone from cro town use any exploits especially on golden guns. This pathetic thread need to be closed and erased and the leader of this "revolution" need to get appropriate punishment for false accusation and spitting on people from the new Trinity Alliance. So dont be smart ass because you also know that this is not only about sector bonuses.

DeletedUser22575

i must disagree with you this hole thread is one big flame, spiting on cro members and whining about ggs bonus. Just read my signature is the use of premium accaunt exploit? Give me one proof that someone from cro town use any exploits especially on golden guns. This pathetic thread need to be closed and erased and the leader of this "revolution" need to get appropriate punishment for false accusation and spitting on people from the new Trinity Alliance. So dont be smart ass because you also know that this is not only about sector bonuses.

I am not responsible for what anyone else's opinion of what Cro Beer is ..has done..or will do...nor do I care.

Nor do I care what your opinion is on this thread or what needs to happen to it.

Some of the players are trying to hold a serious discussion here on the GG stacking bonus and this is the place to do it without the garbage.

So please post something constructive and knock off the flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.