BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1121

Diggo11 if you go to the Bugs thread you will see that I opened a post there on this subject and specifically asked for feed back on changes concerning this issue from staff members including you.

This is the reply I received from Desi before he closed the thread.

Not a bug, this thread will be closed.
There is already an answer that it will be changed, what more do you want?

Some of the staff members have access to development, but they still can't tell you what or when it is going to change. For the simple reason that things still can change when it would hit the public beta.

So for now you should just be patient and trust ashock when he says they are working on it.

He also is referring to the page 3 poster.

First off this guy is a non staff member from the german worlds and as such his post/reply is no more meaningful than any other non staff members and just as accurate.

So someone actually did ask for feed back about proposed changes and received no real feed back from staff members as you just provided such as the GG being a priority for you and being marked for change, etc...despite it being asked for.

Not everyone plays on the german world with Ashcroft or has access to him, so our access to receiving information imo is as I did posting and asking for feedback from staff members.

And what is wrong with the feedback i gave you? I confirmed the post on page 3. And told you in a reply on the PM you send me who Ashock was. I think that is feedback.
The fact that things can change on the different beta stages is something you should take for granted. I, nor Diggo, or anyone else on this forum, can give a correct date or details on the fix.

HelenBack

Thanks Vic... This is as close as I'll get to replying to Joxer's flaming post.

Careful Helen, Joxer will put you on his ignore list....lol!
:D

You mean I wouldn't have him flaming/replying to my posts anymore? Tell me how that would be a bad thing? He doesn't have anything constructive to say anyways. Just digs into you to try and make you look bad and attempt to make himself look good... Seems to backfire on him anyways. But honestly, from what he's said to me so far, I wouldn't be missing much.
;)

DeletedUser

You mean I wouldn't have him flaming/replying to my posts anymore? Tell me how that would be a bad thing? He doesn't have anything constructive to say anyways. Just digs into you to try and make you look bad and attempt to make himself look good... Seems to backfire on him anyways. But honestly, from what he's said to me so far, I wouldn't be missing much.
;)
Helen come on admit that you're in love with Joxer :laugh: i think he is also in love with you as I see he constantly calls you honey :laugh: and Berkie dont be jealous on Helen now maybe we will see first west wedding soon :laugh:

DeletedUser22575

And what is wrong with the feedback i gave you? I confirmed the post on page 3. And told you in a reply on the PM you send me who Ashock was. I think that is feedback.
The fact that things can change on the different beta stages is something you should take for granted. I, nor Diggo, or anyone else on this forum, can give a correct date or details on the fix.

Well since you asked in my post in the bug section I posted the answer from the post referred to on page 3 from another player on the german server who is a non staff member.

I posted this..

What I am looking for as a member of the community is feedback from our community staff, Community Manager, Co Manager or other staff members on this issue that has a huge impact on our fort fighting community as a whole.

..seeking feedback such as Diggio11 provided..

..."Prior to the opening of this thread, the golden gun was marked as an issue for attention, which hopefully will result in a nerf of the guns power as part of the next update. Take heart at the fact the golden gun is now on my radar as a critical priority to push towards the developers, but that is solely because the community has made a statement on this forum"...

I went to the Bugs section trying to avoid some of the "rant" that Diggio11 spoke of in his post and I actually made an attempt to "ask about any planned changes to the golden gun" by asking for that feedback.

You did reply with as you indicated...There is already an answer that it will be changed, what more do you want?

What I asked for was information with 3 questions for staff that would answer if there were " any proposed changes to the golden gun"..

1. Has this issue with the stacking bonus been brought to the attention of the devs.

2. Has this issue with the stacking bonus been looked at or is it being looked at as a negative game effecting bug.

3. Is there the possibility that this cumulative stacking bonus will be negated any time soon

No where in your reply to you indicate that the post from the non staff member was accurate or had been confirmed.

Just that "I had an answer what more do I want".

And yes you sent me a pm stating that "Ashcroft was a developer".

So under the circumstances I don't feel you answered my questions.

I realize that my view point on this may differ from yours but my perspective on this is probable different than most.

I view Inno games as a business selling a product just like any other business either online or offline. I am purchasing that product through my monthly purchases of nuggets I am not playing for free.

The forum contains information about quests, jobs, new updates suggestions to change the game, etc, ie information about the product I am playing for, so in my view it is a part of the product I am paying for.

I realize forum mods are volunteers who enforce the forum rules but they also provide information to us the players (customers) and as such act as customer representatives to a degree.

So from my perspective I walked into a business selling a product and ask a question seeking info about a product I was paying for from a representative of the company.

I was essentially told "what did that other customer tell you..you got an answer".

As far as Diggo11's answer posting the info it is appreciated.

But in the same vein I feel that the Manager of the same business in this part of his post ..

Yeah, it was definitely a "bad piece of developing", but this is still a whine - not any form of productive discourse.

..essentially told us the customers "yes there is a problem with the product we are selling but you guys are just whining about it".

So that being the case since we all don't play on the german forum with access to Ashcroft and in view of Diggo11's apparent view that we failed to ask about "proposed golden gun changes" appropriately or in the appropriate place or manner, and in view of the past track record of the play testing and screw ups...

how do we handle where do we go to handle these problems/questions appropriately in the future ????????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Actually, plans for updates generally are made available to community managers via request and/or confidential release. If someone had actually asked about any planned changes to the golden gun, rather than running rampant with threats of boycotts and quitting, they could have found out there was indeed change on the horizon just as quickly; just as the poster in page three did.

Yeah, it was definitely a "bad piece of developing", but this is still a whine - not any form of productive discourse.

Ashock is the present 'game designer' and hence developer tasked with resolving this issue.

Prior to the opening of this thread, the golden gun was marked as an issue for attention, which hopefully will result in a nerf of the guns power as part of the next update. Take heart at the fact the golden gun is now on my radar as a critical priority to push towards the developers, but that is solely because the community has made a statement on this forum; and I'm sad to inform you that whatever actions you have taken ingame between then and now are entirely irrelevant. Boycotting fort fighting or deleting your character will only be hurting your town mates and your self - for everyone else some action will be coming regardless.

while i agree that something should be done about gg-- what do you say to someone who spent the real-life money to gain that advantage--tough luck?

DeletedUser9470

while i agree that something should be done about gg-- what do you say to someone who spent the real-life money to gain that advantage--tough luck?

they spent their rl money to get the golden gun and the stats and bonuses that are shown.

nowhere was it said that the bonuses were stackable in a fort fight. and as such if this was taken away no one would be losing out.

DeletedUser

not tough luck, i would say too bad for you the exploit has been fixed. as neo stated, there was never anywhere that stated a cumulative chaos ensuing bonus

but it still baffles me how this slipped by the beta testing. too eager for the almighty nugget perhaps?

Diggo11

Diggo11 if you go to the Bugs thread you will see that I opened a post there on this subject and specifically asked for feed back on changes concerning this issue from staff members including you.

This is the reply I received from Desi before he closed the thread.

Not a bug, this thread will be closed.
There is already an answer that it will be changed, what more do you want?

Some of the staff members have access to development, but they still can't tell you what or when it is going to change. For the simple reason that things still can change when it would hit the public beta.

So for now you should just be patient and trust ashock when he says they are working on it.
An unsurprising response - it is not a bug but merely bad design ;) The code works 100% as intended, however the problem lies in the fact that the intention was misguided. If you have a problem with the design of the game, wish to expand the design of the game or otherwise somehow contribute to the design of the game, please post in Ideas & Brainfarts.

He also is referring to the page 3 poster.

First off this guy is a non staff member from the german worlds and as such his post/reply is no more meaningful than any other non staff members and just as accurate.

So someone actually did ask for feed back about proposed changes and received no real feed back from staff members as you just provided such as the GG being a priority for you and being marked for change, etc...despite it being asked for. Not everyone plays on the german world with Ashcroft or has access to him, so our access to receiving information imo is as I did posting and asking for feedback from staff members.
Of course as soon as I saw that post on page three I verified its validity with the Project Manager, so yes it is entirely correct - at present* they are planning to nerf the golden gun. Given that this post is being referenced by staff as valid and correct, it is implied and correct to assume that post is not a load of waffle.

As far as this being a "whine" and not any form of productive discourse in your opinion I am going to point out the following.

Some of us tried to have a productive discourse here and were flamed to death. We provided pretty detailed stats on damage inflicted by sectors filled with GG's versus the sectors inside the fort with towers filled with GG's ..etc....

But since you feel that our attempts were not a "productive discourse" as the CM would you mind giving us some guidance on how we could have done this in a manner that would have met your criteria of being "productive and not a whine"?
Thanks for considering this a "whine" as opposed to considering it a demand from the community that this item needed changed. I am sure that the community was satisfied with the open ended response from the developers that they were "aware" of this issue and "would address it some time in the future." Not sure they could have been any more vague on when they are fixing it.
Allow me to clarify TJ - this original topic of this thread was essentially a whine. Whilst I have seen some informative and excellent posts from notable individuals, I have seen no thread in Ideas & Brainfarts that addresses the issue, nor was any attempt made to contact me personally regarding the issue. Essentially, this thread is a whine, with no serious attempt made to redesign the fault but merely expecting someone else to read their mind and do it for them. I thank those like Blackfyre for their contributions who have made it abundantly clear that action is necessary, however whatever good intentions that lied within this thread have been destroyed by both threats of harming the game and personal flaming for its own sake; and it is truly saddening to me to read.

Boycotting fort fights did not hurt my town or alliance, although a narrow minded individual may see it that way. Boycotting them led to this becoming a "hot button" issue within the community that saw the forum posts blow up once posted. While this may have been known about, I doubt that it was being taken seriously until the community addressed it as vocally as we did.
The controversial issue, the heated debate and the passionate division made this thread a hot topic - the boycotting merely drew irrelevant side debate regarding World Arizona. The existence of a a widespread community issue drew my attention, the boycott was entirely irrelevant to me. The developers have planned to resolve the issue based upon player feedback, not because they saw their revenue drop .5 of a percent in the past 14 days.

And Diggo, while you have made it a "critical priority" to address the GG please also add to that a way that those excluded from the GG due to late implementation also have a way to obtain this. While on that, how about making it a critical priority to FIX the questline for those that do not even show it. If you see the game as unbalanced due to the stackable bonus, then you should also see the imbalance in preventing some from even obtaining it as well.
Unfortunately that is presently not a critical priority to me. Of course I sympathise with the first few players to complete the quest who had no idea what the "?" reward was, and for these players "reversal quests" remain an issue to me. However, for the most part it has been widely known that the "?" reward to The Raid quest was a Key, and as far as I'm concerned it's finally just come back to bite these players who chose the quick way out in terms of the Walking Stick over the patience of obtaining the Key.

The success of this game lies with its players. Hopefully Inno realizes the great group of people that play this game and will return to delivering updates that contain fair and balanced gameplay.
Lol, do you think the developers sit in their office scheming as to how they can piss players off the most? If you go and review the update logs, I think you will find the past six months have brought developments way beyond what this game has experienced before, with the sole exception of the introduction of forts. Whilst it can occasionally be a chore to drag the developers away from their major inspirations (like crafting), the developers really do appreciate your feedback if you're willing to provide it to us, and I am 100% dedicated to ensure it is getting heard.

not tough luck, i would say too bad for you the exploit has been fixed. as neo stated, there was never anywhere that stated a cumulative chaos ensuing bonus
A good question jkbattle, what would you like us to do? Whatever is done simply cannot please everyone, all we can do is attempt to satisfy the majority. Considering that the gun will more than likely remain far superior to any other in the game, with the highest damage and unique personal damage and aim/dodge bonuses, I would expect no compensation but the return of fun, fair and balanced fort fights.

DeletedUser25233

Hi everyone,

Despite the fact that you're obviously a level-headed, fair-minded person just looking out for the game and the happiness of the forum community Diggo, I've got to say that I sympathise with TJs point of view in the posts on the recent pages. I can see where he's coming from, he's made some fair and good points, and he has also provided this thread with what I would call constructive criticism. I can see how this can sometimes be interpreted as whining. I can see how this whole thread has a bit of a whining lean to it. But, as any parent will tell you, whining can sometimes be constructive! And not just parents - yes, a parent will be annoyed about their kids whining, and sometimes will give in to it - definitely not an endorsement for whining!! But, sometimes 'whining' is fair and constructive - such as important figures in history who have 'whined' about injustice, like Martin Luther, Emmeline Pankhurst, William Wilberforce etc. etc.
I do agree, however, that this thread is way too filled up with people 'flaming' each other.

mrnnh

p.s. I have put some ideas to solutions to the problem outlined in the initial post of this thread in my earlier posts. I haven't put them in the I&B section yet. Sorry, may do so later.

DeletedUser

looks like its bieng fixed...funny,the players wanted it fixed,the devs saw a problem and wanted it fixed,,the mods here just said it was whinnig,typical attitude

DeletedUser24514

The boycott should be to stop buying nuggets or just go on vacation. How the owners can leave this silly stacking error still in the program is beyond comprehension.

The key actions a player can make are to either stop buying nuggets and/or leave. Personally, I am slowing way down on the nuggets and restricting my game time to about 10% normal.

PS: I am a parent too. This is feedback, not whining.

HelenBack

The boycott should be to stop buying nuggets or just go on vacation. How the owners can leave this silly stacking error still in the program is beyond comprehension.

The key actions a player can make are to either stop buying nuggets and/or leave. Personally, I am slowing way down on the nuggets and restricting my game time to about 10% normal.

PS: I am a parent too. This is feedback, not whining.

OMG! Shae and I actually AGREE on something?!?!?!
:eek:

Better take a snapshot of this one... lol!
:laugh:

Yea... I totally agree... This was real feedback and not a whine (even if there are some that "hear it" differently). I also agree that there has been a lot of flaming that was not constructive. But the majority of the people who have posted made a lot of legitimate points and arguements regarding why the stacking sector bonus has to go.

I just hope that the change is done soon before more people give up and leave.

I have not used nuggets at all on Arizona or Briscoe... I stopped purchasing them just after the skill buying option was added to w11 and w12. Prior to that I only got the character bonus on a few worlds... and "Higher Income" once in a while. I doubt they really noticed tho... There are plenty of others who will continue to purchase them.

Diggo11

And that brings us to just about thirty pages - locking the thread. If you'd like to continue the discussion and/or provide further input in a more constructive manner please see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.