BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenBack

If you have a point to make, that's cool, and I'll try and respect it, even if I don't agree with it, but it is difficult for me to do this in your case because:
-you do tend to use a rather insulting tone from time to time
-your spelling is terrible (sorry, but it is)

If you were to work on these two things, I think you'd get more people who read this thread who'd be able to empathise with your point-of-view. (I apologise if this seems condescending, but I wasn't quite sure how to phrase this any other way).

I agree that his tone is rather insulting/condescending... But as for his spelling, yes, it isn't by any means perfect... However, he is from Croatia and therefore, English may not be his first language... So in that case, I'd say he's doing very well. I can honestly say I wouldn't be able to hold a meaningful conversation in a forum in anything other than English.
:)

p.s. thanks for feeding-back on my post Helen. I feel affirmed:)
You're welcome!
:cool:

DeletedUser22575

Yes it is.

Yes, it is.

... or evil. I'm evil, but not blind. Some other towns have blind leadership.

Numerous players from numerous worlds have posted here supporting the fact the stacking bonus has to go, not from just Arizona.

You not only blind but suffer from terminal tunnel vision.

DeletedUser28121

Allow me to quote Shaelee..."oh brother, These things are just drama."...

Unfo is simply flaming you all, and Joxer is playing dumb (an' I'm risking the kick from Cro with this, just an fyi :D)

joxer knows as well as I do (and most of us here as well) that the stackable bonus is going down (be that a nerf or a removal, right now i really don't care)

Expressing my wholehearted support of doing something to balance this crap out... devs, u pick it up from here lol... (still not boycotting, tho :p)

DeletedUser22575

Allow me to quote Shaelee..."oh brother, These things are just drama."...

Unfo is simply flaming you all, and Joxer is playing dumb (an' I'm risking the kick from Cro with this, just an fyi :D)

joxer knows as well as I do (and most of us here as well) that the stackable bonus is going down (be that a nerf or a removal, right now i really don't care)

Expressing my wholehearted support of doing something to balance this crap out... devs, u pick it up from here lol... (still not boycotting, tho :p)

Which is why your the only player from Crobeer I have any real respect for.

And I miss shooting you at fort fights.:laugh:

DeletedUser

Joxer is playing dumb (an' I'm risking the kick from Cro with this, just an fyi :D)
Kick, farm, conquer.

Gold gun problem will be "dealt with". Everyone knows that as devs said that publically ages ago. Don't jump to conclusions, when I say gold gun problem, I don't say which part of the gold gun.
Another problem is, some people are blind and don't read. Eternal newbs.
And some people are evil.

(still not boycotting, tho :p)
Good. Let's walk into a few their forts again tonight without losing a single health point. Any multi or counter or they finally emptied the town treasury?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28121

Which is why your the only player from Crobeer I have any real respect for.

And I miss shooting you at fort fights.:laugh:
LOL well thank you TJ, i hope this doesnt mean we're friends now?!:blink: :laugh:

DeletedUser

plenty of treasury money in our town. cant speak for the rest, but we can call a battle a day of any size for as long as we want, and when the treasury starts to get low i can drop another 100k in there weekly if needed

CRO town aint the only people that can gather cash

DeletedUser

Yes but unlike you, CRO has a town member who's father is an oil sheik so he can buy tons of trainrobber products for nuggets, sell them to the kinky santa and donate to the town treasury.

DeletedUser30834

Yes but unlike you, CRO has a town member who's father is an oil sheik so he can buy tons of trainrobber products for nuggets, sell them to the kinky santa and donate to the town treasury.
I'm sorry for butting in, I have been trying to stay out of posting in the forums because I don't need the drama. However I am concerned about this situation with the golden gun and what you just said right here.

Are you seriously saying that a member of CRO is using an exploitative use of ingame features to provide experience, cash, and/or items to other account specifically to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash.

I mean because this highlights the seriousness of the problem here well beyond any bonus from a gun. In fact, it it is addressed competently in the rules.

http://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Help:Game_Rules#.C2.A76.29_Pushing

§6) Pushing

Pushing refers to an exploitative use of ingame features to provide experience, cash, and/or items to other account(s). Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash.

Please tell me I misunderstood what you were saying and your luck and domination with the golden guns is not the result of what players obeying the rules have stayed away from doing. I welcome your feed back.

DeletedUser

About game exploits you should contact the support. Not me. Sorry.

About game rules, read exactly, a word by a word what does it say. However, first make sure that you first bold, underline and cap this part of the pushing rule:
to other account(s)

And third thing, usually you should make your first post in Questions and Guides section.This is not a sarcasm or an irony. This is a friendly advice for all forum newcommers.Maybe there is a person who gets the knowledge about everything when born, but I kinda don't believe in that.

DeletedUser30834

About game exploits you should contact the support. Not me. Sorry.

About game rules, read exactly, a word by a word what does it say. However, first make sure that you first bold, underline and cap this part of the pushing rule:
to other account(s)

And third thing, usually you should make your first post in Questions and Guides section.This is not a sarcasm or an irony. This is a friendly advice for all forum newcommers.Maybe there is a person who gets the knowledge about everything when born, but I kinda don't believe in that.
My apologizes. It appears I misread your post altogether. I missed the treasury part and thought it did say town players.

However, I'm not sure how this differs much since the player and their accounts benefit directly from the town and the forts they hold. Perhaps I am missing something. Thank you for your prompt response though.

DeletedUser

Comparing tanks to the GG stack-able bonuses is just not logic! To become a tank you SACRIFICE something else!
Same with the dueling system. if you spec yourself as a melee resistance dueler, you gain something and you lose something.
With the GG stack-able bonuses there is no negative. An as if those bonuses are not enough, it also free you up to not dress or speck for fort fights. And there is no weapon or build that can counter it! Therefore the stack-able bonuses are just plain dumb! I find it strange since I thought the devs where trying to make the game more complex, more choices and more alternative ways to play the game.
I'm not against the GG. I just assume there would be a new weapon up the line that would counter it, it's just a logic way to escalate the game and keep nugget buyers happy. I'm against the stack-able bonuses. And, yes, off course I will try to get one!
Everyone who plays this game wants one, of course! But that's not what this discussion is about. It's about the stack-able bonuses.
Unless they create a new weapon equal or better then the GG, with massive only-applicable-to-towers-and-walls stack-able bonuses, would there be a balance. But is that really the jump we want the game to take? Bow-rusty musket-precise Winchester-ballistic missile!!!

DeletedUser24373

Gold gun problem will be "dealt with". Everyone knows that as devs said that publically ages ago. Don't jump to conclusions, when I say gold gun problem, I don't say which part of the gold gun.
Another problem is, some people are blind and don't read.

Not all players devote their hours to scouring the multiple world forums to see what tricks are available or what changes may be in the pipeline. It wasn't addressed in the Roadmap 2011.

Please be so kind and provide the link where the Devs address this in the English forum, or are you unable to?

I think Joxer and Unforgiven are just flaming this post and ignoring all the voices because they want the advantage to last as long as possible. Perhaps they realize that this is the only way they are successful at Fort Fighting.

DeletedUser

Sumdumass, town treasury does not have to be involved in fort ownership, any other town can dig the fort, conquer it and then just put your town as an owner. If you're thinking about barracks, again you may sleep in any fort that belongs to any allied town, so again town treasury is not needed at all. As for town buildings, again, the town buildings are maxed ages ago so... It's pretty much useless.

sweede to get gold gun you have to sacrifice your build, twice. to be a tank you sacrifice bonus SP and AP from some quests, nice rewards from other quests and nothing else since tank can get both XP and cash from forts. so the comparing is prety logical.

OutlawBK, dev's statement is not on any english forum. And noone asks "all players to devote their hours to scour". It's town leadership's job. Cases where a player is not informed about important things are cases of bad leadership.
No linking sorry. A few months ago I'd give you links, screenshots, quotes, formulas and everything. However I've learnt that for giving info on this forum and helping others you get a special reward. And I don't need that reward again.

DeletedUser

sweede to get gold gun you have to sacrifice your build, twice. to be a tank you sacrifice bonus SP and AP from some quests, nice rewards from other quests and nothing else since tank can get both XP and cash from forts. so the comparing is prety logical.

What I said was "Comparing tanks to the GG stack-able bonuses is just not logic! To become a tank you SACRIFICE something else! "

Again; I'm not talking about the gun, only about the insane, fort battle destroying bonuses :cool:

DeletedUser30834

Sumdumass, town treasury does not have to be involved in fort ownership, any other town can dig the fort, conquer it and then just put your town as an owner. If you're thinking about barracks, again you may sleep in any fort that belongs to any allied town, so again town treasury is not needed at all. As for town buildings, again, the town buildings are maxed ages ago so... It's pretty much useless.
Well, that's not what you implied or said. You said

In response to

plenty of treasury money in our town. cant speak for the rest, but we can call a battle a day of any size for as long as we want, and when the treasury starts to get low i can drop another 100k in there weekly if needed

CRO town aint the only people that can gather cash
which was a response to yet another post talking about mitli and counter battles being called. Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that imply that "A rich oil sheik's kid who is a town member of CRO is using daddy's credit card to purchase nuggets to participate in a market trade to obtain inordinate amounts of items or in game cash." The town treasury not being a necessity does not in any way come into play when you are talking about raising fund for in game actions.

I mean I don't pretend to be the smarted person around, but you were saying that someone was or will be using nuggets to buy items from a job just to sell them in order to get ton's of cash. How that cash is used is secondary at best. If it goes to the town treasury to call fort battles as you implied, it's still an advantage. If it goes to other players to re-skill and get their fort gun as I originally mistook you post to say, it's still and advantage.

I can't "unsay" what you said. Only you can clarify what you meant if I got it wrong. I don't think arguing ancillary points will do that. I was man enough to mention when I misspoke. I expect in kind respect from others.

And no, I am not filing any report or turning anyone in to anything. If I'm wrong, then by all means show me what was intended to be said so we can move on from this. But if your argument hinges on technicalities, there probably a problem somewhere.

DeletedUser

If it goes to the town treasury to call fort battles as you implied, it's still an advantage.
Yes well... See... There is a support ticket if you believe buying products for nuggets and then putting the cash into town treasury is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.