Adventurer as a Blocking Tank

DeletedUser20647

All that will be left will be the fort fighting players who wish to excel at battles and will probably be the ones to build accordingly and it will become more and more elitist for attendance.
Yes, fort fighters shouldn't get any HP or the golden gun and duelers shouldn't put points in aim, dodge, reflex, toughness, appearance, tactics, shooting or vigor, because that makes them better at dueling. They should go with Horseback riding, HARDCORE!

DeletedUser

Yes, fort fighters shouldn't get any HP or the golden gun and duelers shouldn't put points in aim, dodge, reflex, toughness, appearance, tactics, shooting or vigor, because that makes them better at dueling. They should go with Horseback riding, HARDCORE!

At least nobody would be able to say they can't make it on time.

DeletedUser16008

Funny but i always thought fort fighters were supposed to concentrate on the FORT SKILLS like stamina, hiding, dodge, aim, leadership not JUST hp to be any good in forts. Unfortunately the formula is crap so a cannon and a load of hp is really all you need, very stimulating I must say :p
Maybe swimming its about as much use as the other fort skills apparently :cool:
Hey I got an idea why not simplify the game completely into heads or tails you hit or you dont that'll do or even introduce poker or some form of gambling where we can all learn to be online gamblers from an early age thats a great idea, you could even trial it on beta .... oh wait you already have haven't you ? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser20647

Funny but i always thought fort fighters were supposed to concentrate on the FORT SKILLS like stamina, hiding, dodge, aim, leadership not JUST hp to be any good in forts. Unfortunately the formula is crap so a cannon and a load of hp is really all you need, very stimulating I must say :p
Yes, HP is more than broken compared to the other skills, but I guess that's because it is not used for anything else at all. While aim and dodge are used in duels and stamina, hiding, and leadership are used for jobs.

DeletedUser14029

I actually think they can give Horseback Riding a role in Fort Battles... Cross 2 segments at once instead of 1? :D

Well in the older worlds we still see HP-SOLDIERS, but I assume more & more are becoming HP-ADVENTURERS in Newer worlds ^_^

HP is nice in a sense snipers can shoot safely. I got a friend who's all well-pumped in fort battle & everything, but he gets killed easily being a Gunslinger in duel and no skillpoints in HP >.<
He stands behind a crowd or at least people with like 2800hp - that's ME - he can deal decent damage.

Oh, I am a Level 105 Resistance Dueler. Henceforth the HP - also taking the fancy soft leg guards into account ^_^

DeletedUser

Aim is quite a issue when your a HP tank, your sitting their absorbing bullets but no hits = no XP.

If you Put up your aim with the HP then youd hit a few times. Im building into a HP tank, but not some Huge one, Just keeping most of my current aim and dodging and taking down my other skills and putting it into HP.
Helps when your a dueller already, not much re-skill required :D

DeletedUser20647

Accuracy is a problem >.<
I miss like no tomorrow

Aim is quite a issue when your a HP tank, your sitting their absorbing bullets but no hits = no XP.
Low aim (or leadership, stamina, hiding) does not prevent you from inflicting a lot of damage, but distance is a b*tch, especially when you are attacking. Now, I don't know how you guys battle, but I have seen plenty of tanks inflicting decent to high damage by making sure they get close to their targets when attacking or standing on a tower/wall when defending.

DeletedUser

I gotta say guys your battles must be extremely exciting .....not.... :rolleyes:

Tell me im curious.

1. Do you think these kinds of builds enhance gameplay for the rest of the community ?
It enhances gameplay for the rest of community. It is not unbeatable strategy - come to Beta if you want to see how it is dealt with. HP tanks a good meat for experienced players but they bring another aspect into fort battles so its definitely enhancement.

2. Do you think theres any point of towns bothering to build forts anymore with virtually no chance of defending them vs a team of uber tanks ?
Answer is above. HP tanks are quite easily dealt with if leaders know how to. Of course towns that dont care about fort fights and come once in a month to its fort defense wont have much chance. But they woudnt stand a chance without HP tank too.

3. Are you not ruining the excitement of battles and the strategy in them for a simple very boring yet effective ill grant you, alternative. ?
If world is dead and noone can think and implement a strategy against HP tanks then its really more excitement then just coming and slaughtering defenders who are just standing in place.

4. Dosnt this just simply mean the developers will be forced to nerf yours and everyones build eventually to resolve this ?
No need to change this situation as HP tanks get many disadvantages in jobs and duels. So devs wont do anything about it.

5. Most of all dont you feel your abusing the point of forts and the builds for bonuses by what you do ?
Its not abusing. Its using. That is what role playing games stand for - you can develop your character in any way you wish, dont have to be the same as everyone else. You \get strengths in one area but weaknesses in another.

As i've said before - want to learn to fight in fort battles - come to Beta just to see how its done. There are all best players from all of international servers like from Poland and Russia. All builds are tested there and many strategies.

DeletedUser20647

As i've said before - want to learn to fight in fort battles - come to Beta just to see how its done. There are all best players from all of international servers like from Poland and Russia. All builds are tested there and many strategies.
But... do you have any idea how much easier it is to whine on the forum instead of adapting/learning?

I completely agree with what you said, but whoever does not agree... never will. And they will never try anything else, except what they are used to, and you can forgot about seeing them in beta.

DeletedUser

You think about strategy that consist of countering hp tanks by getting more of your hp tanks?

DeletedUser25707

...come to Beta if you want to see how it is dealt with. ...
Is Beta even a real world? If I'm not mistaken plenty of stuff you can do on Beta are not available on real worlds... now if you said some .net world it would work.

morhuhny

Betaman, tell me, what kind of strategy you can use against ~60 guys with 4-5k hp in average and half of them have golden gun? Multies (common practice on beta), or "strategy that consist of countering hp tanks by getting more of your hp tanks?" It is really exciting when attackers have 2:1 (or more) advantage in hp in 70vs60 battle (large fort) :no:

DeletedUser

Betaman, tell me, what kind of strategy you can use against ~60 guys with 4-5k hp in average and half of them have golden gun? Multies (common practice on beta), or "strategy that consist of countering hp tanks by getting more of your hp tanks?" It is really exciting when attackers have 2:1 (or more) advantage in hp in 70vs60 battle (large fort) :no:
Please read discussion before my post. There was a talk about how 5 tanks take all forts by rushing to flag in some world and about how "unfair" HP tanks are as even a few can take any fort. Such situation is easily manageable if defenders work in a team by blocking right sectors and switching - even if defenders do not have tanks.

To answer question about defense against 60 ppl with 4-5k hp on average against regular 1-2k hp players - there is no defense as defenders simply dont have enough HP. And we all know that HP is the main skill in fort battles.
In Beta i havent seen such many people with such HP on average and half of them having golden guns to attack or defend. If i understand correctly you are talking in exaggerative way about russians. I've looked at russians last attack on big fort (Russia 4B) - they did not even filled their side (were 59 out of 70) and had average HP of 2269. When defenders had 60 people out of 60 and average HP was 2336. HP, numbers, Defense bonuses from walls and towers were on a side of defenders. But defenders were all killed while russians lost only 10 people. This example clearly shows that just having more HP does not lead to victory automatically and even in attack its possible to win if you have less hp and numbers but good team and smart commanders.

Is Beta even a real world? If I'm not mistaken plenty of stuff you can do on Beta are not available on real worlds... now if you said some .net world it would work.
With increase of player limit to 10000 Beta has become more real then many of regular worlds. On Beta there is only one premium that we dont have on regular worlds - ability to change all skills for gold which makes easier to try different builds and ways of playing.

Right now on Beta you can meet the best players from different servers who actually compete even after 2 years. That is there are still many fractions who fight each other and some alliances have more forts not because they became super alliance which unites thousands of players but because of their skill.

In addition another difference from regular worlds is that there you can not be banned for using game features like selling something for too high or too low. This gives more freedom, piece of mind and enjoyment to play and additional active people to play with. Actually there is even an alliance which reflects that - Dot Net Rejects :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

Stop stealing all of .net's members, we need as many as we can get!

DeletedUser

Stop stealing all of .net's members, we need as many as we can get!
No one is stealing any players. Players who play on Beta usually play on regular servers too (except those who are banned of course). And i believe that experience what they get in Beta world only makes regular server game more interesting as new builds and strategies are explored there first.

As i do not advocate quitting regular server, i'd like to note too that Beta world is not for everyone. Players who like quiet life in superalliance or no alliance at all will not find there much new or exciting. Nothing is given there on a platter - you need to take everything by yourself. but there are lots of opportunities to do it for those who want.
Also, there is a big competition especially in fort battles. So even if you are good on some regular server - you will find a very hard time on Beta.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

No one is stealing any players. Players who play on Beta usually play on regular servers too (except those who are banned of course). And i believe that experience what they get in Beta world only makes regular server game more interesting as new builds and strategies are explored there first.

new builds and strategies?
pretty much everything was done on w1
w10 then did pretty much everything in terms of fortbattle strategies, and it seems to me gaga took it to a new "tank" level on 13?

only new strategies that happen on wbeta are pure fms strategies...
I thought beta was to test and to make sure there werent any loopholes and issues with new updates, yet when proper worlds are updated, many loopholes and issues are pointed out!!
last one pointed out was quest kos.

seems to me beta is for those who want to work out quest lines before they are implemented on proper worlds, so the can prepare and be first on these main worlds.

^big loophole right there!^ its like getting cheat codes on a game you have just bought and finishing it off in a day.

I have absolutely no interest in playing such a world full of cheats

DeletedUser

in Beta there is only one premium that we dont have on regular worlds - ability to change all skills for gold which makes easier to try different builds and ways of playing.

In addition another difference from regular worlds is that there you can not be banned for using game features like selling something for too high or too low.

Let me translate this: "in beta you can buy success or cheat your way to it"

Anyway don't want to get into this beta talk, as i don't see it as a proper world due to forementioned reasons.
Let me get back to the subject, point of this whole thread for me is that with this build you affect largest segment of the game and ruining it for everyone. HP is, due to stupid formulas, most important skill in forts, and by allowing this thing to continue and evolve, at the end you will have few elitist teams playing fort fights while for the rest of people it will be pointless to even come to forts and play they role as a cannon fodder...