Adventurer as a Blocking Tank

DeletedUser22493

Like the title say's; What about a Adventurer as a Blocking Tank.

Respecing all points to HP would give him near 5000-6000 hp.
Starting from round 2, he has a 50% chance to dodge all shoots for the rest of the round.

Would that make him equalant to a Soldier Tank?

DeletedUser22685

Depending on how lucky or unlucky the player in question is.

DeletedUser

On my world I am a level 95 adventurer with all AP in Strength and all SP in Health. Got myself the best gear for Health and the Golden Gun. I activated Character Premium and I can say that I have 6440 health points and by the end of all fort battles I end with somewhere near 4000 health. I sometimes just rush myself to the flag with 5 tanks near me. I get all the targets so the tankers near me get to the flag. By the time I die, 4 persons with 10k hp are on the flag. This is how we conquer every fort. 40K life on the flag it's just pure madness. This strategy never failed us.

DeletedUser20647

yeah thats the tiny bit of usefulness of that advantage. There are a few of those adventurers on w14 and at least 1 in w13, flag have been taken, sectors have been blocked, it can almost be considered as a common fort fighter.

To be honest, everyone that reskills into a fortfighter at a higher level, should have at least that much HP, not just the adventurers.

@vash: use your equipment for your other fort skills, not just HP - thats the whole point of pure HP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah thats the tiny bit of usefulness of that advantage. There are a few of those adventurers on w14 and at least 1 in w13, flag have been taken, sectors have been blocked, it can almost be considered as a common fort fighter.

To be honest, everyone that reskills into a fortfighter at a higher level, should have at least that much HP, not just the adventurers.

@vash: use your equipment for your other fort skills, not just HP - thats the whole point of pure HP
I'd rather have 1k more hp than a boost of 1.2 attack and 2.1 deffence. It seems useless.

DeletedUser20647

if your skills are 0, you can get A LOT more. Going from 0 to 10 with hiding, dodge, aim and leadership will give you a bonus of about 7.5 on both aim and dodge, but you can get more than 10 with just equipment, so the bonus is even higher than 7.5

besides, most of the items that increase your fort skills, also increase your HP, so youre just losing a tiny bit of HP for huge bonuses - and this is the whole point of going full HP

DeletedUser

if your skills are 0, you can get A LOT more. Going from 0 to 10 with hiding, dodge, aim and leadership will give you a bonus of about 7.5 on both aim and dodge, but you can get more than 10 with just equipment, so the bonus is even highes than 7.5
Tested. With my best fort cloths(leadership dodge and hiding/leadership aim and constitution, depending if I defend or attack) i get a slight boost of around 2 or 3 points, but I lose 1k hp. 1k hp can make me resist 2 or 3 more rounds if it's a lose situation, this means more xp. Even if I have 100 aim/dodge it is useless if I have no health to survive to can use it. Life owns everything.

DeletedUser20647

in that case you are getting a decent amount of bonuses from your HP equipment.

OH and i am totally for HP! Thats what i suggest to everyone.
Dont get me wrong there, but i also like using equipment to increase the other fort skills as thats where the huge bonuses come from, the bottom. You are doing this as well, from the looks of it.

DeletedUser16008

I gotta say guys your battles must be extremely exciting .....not.... :rolleyes:

Tell me im curious.

1. Do you think these kinds of builds enhance gameplay for the rest of the community ?

2. Do you think theres any point of towns bothering to build forts anymore with virtually no chance of defending them vs a team of uber tanks ?

3. Are you not ruining the excitement of battles and the strategy in them for a simple very boring yet effective ill grant you, alternative. ?

4. Dosnt this just simply mean the developers will be forced to nerf yours and everyones build eventually to resolve this ?

5. Most of all dont you feel your abusing the point of forts and the builds for bonuses by what you do ?

6 Do you even care ?

Dont get me wrong Im not telling you how to play im just curious is all, sure I have dominating alliances on a couple of worlds but they have been built by hard work no uber tanks and solid teamwork & strategy. Any battle thats full both sides is by no means a certainty of a win and this is what makes it challenging. Other worlds ive been on with these builds in any number ive either quit or stopped going to forts mostly out of boredom.

When the challenge ceases then so does the excitement..... think about what your doing I hear it all the time from players in 13 and 14 and others .... your killing forts with these overpowered builds.

Nothing personal on you both but I cant see how this adds anything to the game other than again an abuse of a system designed to make builds interesting. Your twisting it into something which threatens the system of fort builds being any use at all.

Indeed it is my belief this is nothing more than yet another attempt by players to shortcut a fun game into a simple spoiler race. You cant pretend to be fantastic or even good at forts with a 40k or so advantage in say a small battle let alone an exciting one.

Why oh why can you guys not see what you are encouraging ruins the communities ability to take part in and defend their forts or even bothering to attend them with any kind of level playing field.

DeletedUser

I gotta say guys your battles must be extremely exciting .....not.... :rolleyes:

Tell me im curious.

1. Do you think these kinds of builds enhance gameplay for the rest of the community ?

2. Do you think theres any point of towns bothering to build forts anymore with virtually no chance of defending them vs a team of uber tanks ?

3. Are you not ruining the excitement of battles and the strategy in them for a simple very boring yet effective ill grant you, alternative. ?

4. Dosnt this just simply mean the developers will be forced to nerf yours and everyones build eventually to resolve this ?

5. Most of all dont you feel your abusing the point of forts and the builds for bonuses by what you do ?

6 Do you even care ?

Dont get me wrong Im not telling you how to play im just curious is all, sure I have dominating alliances on a couple of worlds but they have been built by hard work no uber tanks and solid teamwork & strategy. Any battle thats full both sides is by no means a certainty of a win and this is what makes it challenging. Other worlds ive been on with these builds in any number ive either quit or stopped going to forts mostly out of boredom.

When the challenge ceases then so does the excitement..... think about what your doing I hear it all the time from players in 13 and 14 and others .... your killing forts with these overpowered builds.

Nothing personal on you both but I cant see how this adds anything to the game other than again an abuse of a system designed to make builds interesting. Your twisting it into something which threatens the system of fort builds being any use at all.

Indeed it is my belief this is nothing more than yet another attempt by players to shortcut a fun game into a simple spoiler race. You cant pretend to be fantastic or even good at forts with a 40k or so advantage in say a small battle let alone an exciting one.

Why oh why can you guys not see what you are encouraging ruins the communities ability to take part in and defend their forts or even bothering to attend them with any kind of level playing field.
Being a pure hp build is not such an easy stuff as you might think. I'm stuck. Stuck on the fort battles. 20 hours of sleep per day and 30 minutes of fun. I cannot go on doing a job or a quest, or even earn some money because of my duel level (201) and all of the noobs attack me for the free xp(even if i have the golden colt I can't score more than 200 damage) they get on me. I do this not for myself but for my alliance. I have a fort team of 10 players pure HP, all with 10.000+ hp. We defend and conquer every fort. Just for a record, we conquered 54 forts trough flag rushing and defended over 100 forts. I see no point in nerfing me, all I can do is fort battles. If they nerf me, they should nerf duelers, workers, all-job builds. Abusing?! What am I abusing? Do duelers abuse their builds when they put everything in reflex and resistance or aim and dodge? Do builders abuse their builds when they go full Construction? I don't think so! I ruined my gameplay for my alliance, and I feel proud. We are not ruining everything.

DeletedUser22493

Can I ask how often you see the bonus kick in? Would you say its about 50% chance it works?

DeletedUser22575

Excuse me, sir, but you are such a fool. Being a pure hp build is not such an easy stuff as you might think. I'm stuck. Stuck on the fort battles. 20 hours of sleep per day and 30 minutes of fun. I cannot go on doing a job or a quest, or even earn some money because of my duel level (201) and all of the noobs attack me for the free xp(even if i have the golden colt I can't score more than 200 damage) they get on me. I do this not for myself but for my alliance. I have a fort team of 10 players pure HP, all with 10.000+ hp. We defend and conquer every fort.Just for a record, we conquered 54 forts trough flag rushing and defended over 100 forts. I see no point in nerfing me, all I can do is fort battles. If they nerf me, they should nerf duelers, workers, all-job builds. Abusing?! What am I abusing? Do duelers abuse their builds when they put everything in reflex and resistance or aim and dodge? Do builders abuse their builds when they go full Construction? I don't think so! I ruined my gameplay for my alliance, and I feel proud. We are not ruining everything.

You didn't answer a single question Victor asked.

And the bold is why this will lead to nerfing and it is not comparable to dueling or anything else. This game is not about just you or your alliance but all those other players out there also.

DeletedUser

Can I ask how often you see the bonus kick in? Would you say its about 50% chance it works?
Hmm, well I see the bonus working only when I rush to the flag. From 30 tries(30 persons aiming me), I get only 6 hits, and I lose about 1k per round. It works smoothly.
You didn't answer a single question Victor asked.

And the bold is why this will lead to nerfing and it is not comparable to dueling or anything else. This game is not about just you or your alliance but all those other players out there also.
Okey I will try to answear:
1. Do you think these kinds of builds enhance gameplay for the rest of the community ? It does. People tend to make strategies to beat our builds. They give their best to can defeat us. It's like fighting a raid boss in a MMORpg. Some goes for the pure health too, so it's kinda interesting how stuff turns.

Sure, they build forts just after they get a good and stable alliance. It force a town to communicate with other towns. It helps keeping a good and stable friendship between allied towns.
Exactly the opposite. People tend to make bigger strategies to combat ours.
They won't nerf nothing. As I said, being pure HP sucks. We are already nerfed from jobs, duels, quests, money earning. Everything except fort battles.
No.
6 Do you even care ?
No again. Why would I? I'm happy when I see my enemies crying :).

DeletedUser16008

Being a pure hp build is not such an easy stuff as you might think. I'm stuck. Stuck on the fort battles. 20 hours of sleep per day and 30 minutes of fun. I cannot go on doing a job or a quest, or even earn some money because of my duel level (201) and all of the noobs attack me for the free xp(even if i have the golden colt I can't score more than 200 damage) they get on me. I do this not for myself but for my alliance. I have a fort team of 10 players pure HP, all with 10.000+ hp. We defend and conquer every fort. Just for a record, we conquered 54 forts trough flag rushing and defended over 100 forts. I see no point in nerfing me, all I can do is fort battles. If they nerf me, they should nerf duelers, workers, all-job builds. Abusing?! What am I abusing? Do duelers abuse their builds when they put everything in reflex and resistance or aim and dodge? Do builders abuse their builds when they go full Construction? I don't think so! I ruined my gameplay for my alliance, and I feel proud. We are not ruining everything.

Ok ill attempt to answer you.

First of I never insulted you so try and keep it civil ok ?

You say your stuck on fort battles ? you chose to be so no sympathy there

other builds ie duelers have a simple system that stops any pure build dominating there is always another to combat it..

Workers have to do certain jobs its part of the game set up to have high sp on a certain skill to do a job.

Also if others go pure it affects no one en mass whereas in forts you affect the whole community...

So you have a team of 10 players with 100,000 k hp and you dont see this as an unbalance ?? :blink::blink:

You feel proud of what exactly ?? just running headlong to the flag every time ? how stimulating for everyone :hmf:

Conquering forts isnt what im even discussing ive done plenty in my time i assure you, nor am I a fool.

Seeing as your throwing out a few stats there We have a team of i dont know how many hundreds for sure on a couple of worlds where we have won countless forts and personally have gold elite fort winner on both ( thats the gold ones )...neither worlds are due to uber tanks or countless flag rushing.

Is it possible for you to at least attempt to answer my questions ? thanks you ill update here

the only strategy to combat is to go get uber tanks ... pretty limited id say.

DeletedUser9470

i would like to see vash's team come and meet our w10 Members.
Running head on into a bunch of noobs is one thing, running head on into a proper team is another.

DeletedUser

what world is vash in? 10 10k tanks is pretty nasty, but kinda sad if that bragging is at the expense of a dying world

i can say one thing about tanks, they make for sexy duel reports.

anyone who has checked out victors profile in w13 can see that. probably one of my fave duel reports, next to my buddy Icheck in w11 getting attacked with a golden weapon while equipped w/pillow and winning

DeletedUser16008

i would like to see vash's team come and meet our w10 Members.
Running head on into a bunch of noobs is one thing, running head on into a proper team is another.

I wouldnt, theres nothing you can do about 10 players with 100k running for a flag in a small thats like having 50 extra players with 2k hp apiece add that to the other 40 for an attack its not even worth defending. Just simple mathematics nor am I suggesting vash is a noob just the turn forts fighters are taking.

I believe the devs will indeed need to do something at some point just the same as the quest KO all the usual suspects said it would never be changed ... the devs arnt entirely blind to what needs addressing. like quest kos before too many are going uber tank and affecting another's large part of the game. It will force a change as the balance shifts too much, Afew players can effect the game for everyone and will probably always be the way of it but at the same time thats what updates are for, to reset the balance.

There is also no problem now for players to spend a few nuggets to reset shaman so saying its not a fair thing to nerf is now a mute point.. in the same token its equally easy to respec to uber tank and i fully expect to see more everywhere until its addressed.

DeletedUser11353

My adventurer bonus kicks in pretty often I must admit, I don't have any SP in HP, all my HP comes from my attributes which are in strength and from my gear(it's always around 3k, depends on my gear).

So I'd say yes, adventurers are good for blocking sectors, if they have enough HP. Premium adv will block a sector on his own better than a soldier imho. ;)

However, advents on points can do more harm than good. It happened often to me that my bonus would kick in and someone behind me in a tower would get hurt or killed while standing behind me.

Oh and Vash, watch your language. ;)

DeletedUser16008

what world is vash in? 10 10k tanks is pretty nasty, but kinda sad if that bragging is at the expense of a dying world

i can say one thing about tanks, they make for sexy duel reports.

anyone who has checked out victors profile in w13 can see that. probably one of my fave duel reports, next to my buddy Icheck in w11 getting attacked with a golden weapon while equipped w/pillow and winning

I dont think its a .net server Pat