Adventurer as a Blocking Tank

DeletedUser22493

Question:
I can't seem to get a confirmation on just how the bonus works. Even after speaking with quite a few and trying it out myself..

Elmyr, where art thou?

Just correct me if im wrong here.

The bonus works so that it starts rolling a dice with 50% chance of activating the bonus, on every hit you recive, after the 2 damaging hit.

The dice will continue to roll every time you recive a damaging hit, untill the bonus kicks in.

Would look something like this:

Hit
Dodge
Dodge
Hit (Rolls dice, activate bonus [YES] [NO])
Dodge
Dodge
Dodge
Dodge
Dodge (Bonus activated)
Dodge (Bonus activated)
Dodge (Bonus activated)
Dodge (Bonus activated)
Dodge (Bonus activated)
Dodge (Bonus activated)
and so on...

DeletedUser20647

That is exactly how it works. Except that after you get a "YES", the shots after are not considered as "dodges". The shooters simply shoot at someone else or don't shoot at all (meaning.. you turn invisible).

DeletedUser

like gaga says, hypothetically you are in los of 50 people and your ghost activates, if anyone is behind you they are going to take the bullets.

if nobody there, then there will be a bunch of people asking in chat how come they had los and never shot...lol

DeletedUser22493

Ah, well, then using the skill as a blocker is utter useless.
Unless your on the flag, or blocking a sector.

DeletedUser

yeah point on tower just lets everything go thru you to the guys behind...i hav ben koed like that a few times

as a blocker tho, you make sure you are a ways away from the pack, and it works much better

DeletedUser

If you have three advent tanks, each blocking a sector, an adventurer blocker is not totally useless.

Assuming your soldier tanks are on the towers to absorb extra bullets, that is. They'll dodge more up there anyway.

DeletedUser

My adventurer tank on world 4 really works well so I would say that they are excellent too use. :)

DeletedUser16008

My adventurer tank on world 4 really works well so I would say that they are excellent too use. :)

ysee and thats what im talking about .... no disrespect to you Ken have fun... we just had an uber tank pop up on w10... now i dont have a prob with the player hes knows what hes about but if im honest i could really do without it as things on w10 have been fine and dandy for good battles without it.... and before anyone says anything hes on our side but im gonna have a pretty hard time deciding if hes in or out of a small fort as hes worth 3 players... logic says use the advantage but its not sitting well with me as it makes things far too easy IMO

And no i dont want a load of them on both sides :no:

DeletedUser

Maybe the best thing would be to change formulas, and give lousy chance for dodge and hit to guys who doesn't have any or have small amount of points specced in skills like aim, dodge and leadership, that way HP tanks with 2-3% chance to dodge a hit, and similar chances to land one would be more or less useless...

Just my 2 cents...

DeletedUser9470

Maybe the best thing would be to change formulas, and give lousy chance for dodge and hit to guys who doesn't have any or have small amount of points specced in skills like aim, dodge and leadership, that way HP tanks with 2-3% chance to dodge a hit, and similar chances to land one would be more or less useless...

Just my 2 cents...

me thoughts also!
i dont understand why aim and dodging is nowhere near as important as health in fort fights.
for a start winning a real fort fight irl wouldnt have been down to who was the healthiest...
doesnt make sense to me.

DeletedUser22575

me thoughts also!
i dont understand why aim and dodging is nowhere near as important as health in fort fights.
for a start winning a real fort fight irl wouldnt have been down to who was the healthiest...
doesnt make sense to me.

My guess it is for three reasons.

1. Game balance. Aim, dodging, etc, while making sense are more or less dueler skills. By utilizing some other skills such as health, stanima, etc, it gives other class's an opportunity to be good fort fighters also instead of soldiers (duelers) dominating fort battles.

2. Fort Battles while in RL time don't take all that long..but in actuality other skills being used such as health, etc, are "reflective" of the siege element of fort fighting and represent the endurance needed for a siege.

3. High health points give players the opportunity to survive a fort fight more than one round when numerous players have LOS on them. After all its a game designed for players to have fun. If they show up and die off the first time several have LOS on them where is the fun in that.

DeletedUser22685

Do you have any idea how many people would have to respec because of that change? Yeah, the HP would still have the same effect but no one wants to go a whole battle with 55 misses and no hits.

DeletedUser20647

me thoughts also!
doesnt make sense to me.
Have you seen in how many jobs HP is used? And how useful it is in dueling compared to aim/dodge?

DeletedUser

So if HP build is not useful in jobs we should allow it to ruin fort battles for everyone?
HP could also be capped at 5k, or there could be 30% crit bonus for all classes if they shoot at someone who has over 5k HP, anything that would discourage this meaningless tanking.

As for the chances to hit and dodge, my fort skills are 105-159 and i dont see the logic in having just 2-3% more chance to hit against pure HP player.

Yes that would encourage respeccing but that's the idea.

TJ where is the fun in being dominated by a bunch of tanks against whom you dont have chances of winning.

DeletedUser22575

So if HP build is not useful in jobs we should allow it to ruin fort battles for everyone?
HP could also be capped at 5k, or there could be 30% crit bonus for all classes if they shoot at someone who has over 5k HP, anything that would discourage this meaningless tanking.

As for the chances to hit and dodge, my fort skills are 105-159 and i dont see the logic in having just 2-3% more chance to hit against pure HP player.

Yes that would encourage respeccing but that's the idea.

TJ where is the fun in being dominated by a bunch of tanks against whom you dont have chances of winning.

First off Tanks don't ruin fort fighting at all. That is just hyperbole.

I fort fought for quite some time with HP's in the 1700-2000 range and did pretty well.

Tanks don't win battles, players following orders and working together in an coordinated effort win fort battles. When that happens tanks die just like anyone else. Most tanks in fact are pretty poor at anything other than blocking and absorbing damage and not real good at handling damage out.

Matter of fact in most fort battles IMO all tanks do is extend the battle a few rounds. In some cases in the case of a flag rush tanks have been a key component of that battle being won...but I have seen just as many flag rushes with tanks stopped by correct and timely blocking by the opposing side.

So I don't feel that tanks ruin the fun in any way.

You talk about capping HPs at 5k.

Tanks are a legitimate specialized fort build. So if your going to talk about caps on a build that someone else enjoys playing your going to have to be fair and talk about caps across the board on those other "specialized pure" builds that other players enjoy playing.

That means capping the abilities of the "specialized builder" that builds your towns.

Capping the "pure FMS" that finds items for your forts to be built.

Capping the "pure resist" dueler that everyone else has to duel against and only averages 40 hps of damage against per hit.

etc, etc, etc,

If your going to cap/limit the abilities of one type of build that other players enjoy then it is only fair that the builds other players enjoy using for them to suffer an equivalent cap.

And then there is the other option.

Exercise you right to be a Tank yourself and fight back on your side against the opposing tanks.

DeletedUser14029

If you're talking about Dueling Tanks...
All I can say is, it's just plain dull. Hitting 30s on each other and hope I hit the high end of the 30s - or land a hit more than my opp XD

I have seen a few Fort Battle tank. Unfortunately for them, some don't sleep before the battle, and I think that ends the story =.=
but if they DO participate in the battle, terrible for us. For the first roudn he absorbed the hits & remain standing while our guys get gunned down >.<

DeletedUser

First off Tanks don't ruin fort fighting at all. That is just hyperbole.

I fort fought for quite some time with HP's in the 1700-2000 range and did pretty well.

Tanks don't win battles, players following orders and working together in an coordinated effort win fort battles. When that happens tanks die just like anyone else. Most tanks in fact are pretty poor at anything other than blocking and absorbing damage and not real good at handling damage out.

Matter of fact in most fort battles IMO all tanks do is extend the battle a few rounds. In some cases in the case of a flag rush tanks have been a key component of that battle being won...but I have seen just as many flag rushes with tanks stopped by correct and timely blocking by the opposing side.

So I don't feel that tanks ruin the fun in any way.

You talk about capping HPs at 5k.

Tanks are a legitimate specialized fort build. So if your going to talk about caps on a build that someone else enjoys playing your going to have to be fair and talk about caps across the board on those other "specialized pure" builds that other players enjoy playing.

That means capping the abilities of the "specialized builder" that builds your towns.

Capping the "pure FMS" that finds items for your forts to be built.

Capping the "pure resist" dueler that everyone else has to duel against and only averages 40 hps of damage against per hit.

etc, etc, etc,

If your going to cap/limit the abilities of one type of build that other players enjoy then it is only fair that the builds other players enjoy using for them to suffer an equivalent cap.

And then there is the other option.

Exercise you right to be a Tank yourself and fight back on your side against the opposing tanks.

Well we will have to agree to disagree :)

Enormous HP advantage has large influence on the outcome of the battle, assuming that side that uses it is not ret**ed. If side that uses it is ret**ed than they only prolong the fight for few more rounds.
And they are not as poor in other characteristics as they stats show, so now you have situation where people more or less built for the fort battles have similar dodge/hit rate as people that have nothing besides strenght/health, which is stupid and illogical, thats the reason why changing of formulas would come in handy.

Tell me how much people would enjoy playing if 10 hp monsters + 30 "regular players" would show up at small fort against 42 "regular" players? And please don't tell me it would only prolong fort battle for a few rounds.

How many people are influenced directly by high construction or FMS builds? None!
Although i do think that resistance duelers are irritating i have choice to duel someone else.

When it comes to forts it's whole different story, in that case you have bunch of players that are directly affected by this HP thingie. And they don't have a choice of shifting to other fort where there's no tanks.

As for the other option, i have no intention to contribute to this HP madness, if it gets too much for me i'll just leave fort fights and find something else to do. So far W10 is doing OK.

DeletedUser16008

Well all i can say is from the perspective of a player thats been doing forts since the very beginning without having a fort build of any kind things will go one way...badly for the average player.

All worlds will continue to get golden fort guns and sooner or later it will become the norm...At the same time uber tanks will become increasingly common probably ending up like it does on the .PL worlds etc.

The pioneering age of forts is over where normal players just took part on behalf of their town or alliance will come to a close..

All that will be left will be the fort fighting players who wish to excel at battles and will probably be the ones to build accordingly and it will become more and more elitist for attendance.

I disagree strongly that huge HP or huge damage ability with a fort gun wont diminish the fun of fort battles for the average player, it simply has to....

Ive heard all the arguments about beefing up to counter etc and its the same as having bigger better weapons ... its the more more more thing all over... never satisfied with what is there, it must surpass the previous by being bigger better stronger etc...

The game is morphing into a RPG of hp and bigger damage weapons over skills and player ability... I fail to see the enjoyment or challenge in that as it was that absence which attracted me to this game in the first place.

I suspect its like most things, If you tell people the same thing long enough they begin to believe it, yet it dosnt make it true.. Most will conform and adapt without question but somehow it wont feel quite like it used to or as exciting. Well im not in that camp that thinks all progress is great and that everything needs to be bigger better stronger more profitable etc ... I like a tool that does the job and I enjoy using with some skill rather than one that gets it done with not much input.

Nothing imo will surpass the first year or so that forts came into being, where its going now is not where i wish to follow so ill probably bow out at some stage.

DeletedUser22575

Well all i can say is from the perspective of a player thats been doing forts since the very beginning without having a fort build of any kind things will go one way...badly for the average player.

All worlds will continue to get golden fort guns and sooner or later it will become the norm...At the same time uber tanks will become increasingly common probably ending up like it does on the .PL worlds etc.

The pioneering age of forts is over where normal players just took part on behalf of their town or alliance will come to a close..

All that will be left will be the fort fighting players who wish to excel at battles and will probably be the ones to build accordingly and it will become more and more elitist for attendance.

I disagree strongly that huge HP or huge damage ability with a fort gun wont diminish the fun of fort battles for the average player, it simply has to....

Ive heard all the arguments about beefing up to counter etc and its the same as having bigger better weapons ... its the more more more thing all over... never satisfied with what is there, it must surpass the previous by being bigger better stronger etc...

The game is morphing into a RPG of hp and bigger damage weapons over skills and player ability... I fail to see the enjoyment or challenge in that as it was that absence which attracted me to this game in the first place.

I suspect its like most things, If you tell people the same thing long enough they begin to believe it, yet it dosnt make it true.. Most will conform and adapt without question but somehow it wont feel quite like it used to or as exciting. Well im not in that camp that thinks all progress is great and that everything needs to be bigger better stronger more profitable etc ... I like a tool that does the job and I enjoy using with some skill rather than one that gets it done with not much input.

Nothing imo will surpass the first year or so that forts came into being, where its going now is not where i wish to follow so ill probably bow out at some stage.

well, i didn't say that i didn't enjoy fort fighting with 1700 HP more :D I do like the lower HP challenge.

DeletedUser23701

There is no lower HP challenge, just hide behind.

In the beginning you build something, level up as fast as you can, and then you can develop your account to whatever you want.
Worlds are becoming older, just face it.