Adventurer as a Blocking Tank

morhuhny

^^
attackers - 5-6 gg, many low lvl players
defenders - 3/4 gg, fort bonus, huge difference in lvl (3/4 lvl 90+)

DeletedUser

For all those people who whine that tanks rule and basically the side that have the most HP wins. Once again there is an example from Beta that it is not true.

Again Russian team battle (defenders) with a team from Poland servers (attackers) where ALL attackers (polish team) were killed while NO ONE from defenders had died.
Both sides were online except for 1 person offline on each side.
But he most astonishing thing is that Polish team had 113037 HP (average 4521 HP per person.), while russian team had only 60406 HP (average 2876 HP per person).
Polish team made an average damage of 1500 HP
Average damage of defenders - 5600 HP

This once again proves that simply having more HP does not lead to victories in fort battles. Fort battles are team work. And a team that is better will will even if it has much less HP.

Although morhuhny gave you an answer i need to add something.
Do you see most of the people here as idiots? Enormous advantage in HP means victory in 80% of the cases, few odd results doesn't change the fact that with leadership of equal quality you will probably lose if you are on the low HP side.
Stop talking of some imaginary tactics that will stop 10k HP guys beating your fort to a pulp.

DeletedUser9470

Although morhuhny gave you an answer i need to add something.
Do you see most of the people here as idiots? Enormous advantage in HP means victory in 80% of the cases, few odd results doesn't change the fact that with leadership of equal quality you will probably lose if you are on the low HP side.
Stop talking of some imaginary tactics that will stop 10k HP guys beating your fort to a pulp.

ditto, nothing you can do against high hp.

DeletedUser28121

well morhuhny's answer here has no bearing what so ever since here (at least it seems so) we are discussing fort fights viewed through a prism of HP... And I'll say its quite a viable and logical tactic, stock up on GG's and get to lvl 99+ and there really is no amount of hp u cant defeat:p...Kidding aside, HP monstering does not equal fort ownage, team work does. CroBeer on w13 once managed to defend a small with less than 13K hp (25 onliners, most of them in sleepyset and with scythe's equipped) against a 40K HP assault (30 online attackers in full battle clothes). It was a crashed push fight and it goes towards making my point... No amount of HP can save u if u have enough guys unwilling to take a bullet....

DeletedUser

Yes people listening to orders has enormous effect. Than again so does HP. I had several battles on w10 against superior HP, in some of them teamwork was great but we were defeated, more or less with no problems, due to their HP advantage.

Today in battle i was second largest tank on my side with 3750 HP while opposite side had 1 10k tank, few 5k+, and truckload of 3k+ guys, needless to say how it ended (although it's not a greatest example, because in that particular one, teamwork was non existant).

Can't talk about crobeer, didn't saw the battle, but as much as i hear they are loaded with gg's. Anyway key word there is once, few odd victories doesn't change anything.

DeletedUser

Betaman I don't think the problem is when a world is on levels 100+ like beta.
The problem exists when you concentrate HP monsters in a single town while biggest level in that world is level 50. Problem... I didn't mean to say that, but ok. And as every other problem it has a solution. Long term one though, but... Well... You can't build a house over night. ;)

DeletedUser28121

Can't talk about crobeer, didn't saw the battle, but as much as i hear they are loaded with gg's. Anyway key word there is once, few odd victories doesn't change anything.

this was waaaay before we had those GG's (current count of GG's in CroBeer on w13 is 16) and as i said we were mostly in sleepyset and with 200HP each (large battle 2 hours prior)... i really didnt use the best example tbh because last 5 attackers hid in order to get drops after our cash cow died (the guy had 200K on him, what a waste, and that damnable black max got a tashunka to drop on his head :mad:) anyway, the point is that there are tactics that can defeat +10K tanks; great teamwork by the opposing guys, good leadership, concentrating duelers fire on the tanks etc.... mark my word W15 (if it ever opens:rolleyes:) will have a crapload of duelers specced as pure fortfighters solely in order to massacre those tanks (i estimate that roughly 25% of current soldier forters will go with a dueler class IF (hint moderators?) w15 opens)...

DeletedUser

but as much as i hear they are loaded with gg's.
someone is spreading illogical rumors. how can a town full of newbies and amateurs have that?
but then again, this game is full of urban legends and myths, so, who am I to stop one? :)

but there's something that is no myth. the town you're talking about is loaded with HP monstering adventurers. so we're definetly ontopic here. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

... point is that there are tactics that can defeat +10K tanks; great teamwork by the opposing guys, good leadership, concentrating duelers fire on the tanks etc.... ...
Thats exactly my point - there is more to a fort battle then just pumping HP and taking all forts.
Duelers (even low levels!!!) can take HP from tanks in no time especially if they have premium. Thats is why on Beta we now see many low level duelers.

As of GG - please note that defenders are at disadvantage here as sectors are smaller. Thats is less people can get GG bonuses then on attacking side.

DeletedUser16008

Too busy in RL to stick around but....

1. Your talking like most want or expect to play this game purely for forts ... they dont.

2. Tanks will win at least 90% of the battles if online.. waste of time doing forts if your a normal player far as im concerned.

3. Suggesting everyone gets GG again is ludicrous, just makes forts boring for everyone else.

4. You end up with a world where only the steriod zombies and GG holders really bother to go to forts..

5. Beta world is a pile of * and has no bearing on normal worlds in results. One or two examples suggests nothing other than the perfect storm... it happens very rarely you know it, I know it and so does everyone else on worlds, so stop trying to make an exception seem the rule ..

All the rest of the world just looks on and goes "yes right well worth taking forts serious"

Do you honestly think an answer to lots of HP tanks are duelers and GG ? great for the minority and absolutely flat boring for the other % on a world..

Good luck having forts even worth watching let alone taking part in.. I wont be there.

See you in a few weeks .... maybe.

DeletedUser28121

Good luck having forts even worth watching let alone taking part in.. I wont be there.

See you in a few weeks .... maybe.

ah poor us victor, whatever shall we do without you?:hmf:
good luck with rl stuff and hopefully it keeps ya busy for a long, long time!:D

DeletedUser

As of GG - please note that defenders are at disadvantage here as sectors are smaller. Thats is less people can get GG bonuses then on attacking side.
The thread is not actually about GG. Adding that weapon to the game only delayed surfacing of many HP monster adventurers for a few months. All those adventurers worked months on getting GG and now Houston has a problem, adventurers got GG and respecced to tanks. What were "gods of the west" thinking that would happen? Oh, they thought all those puny newb adventurers will remain low health alljobs for a lifetime that can be KOed with a rusty razorblade just like on old (and probably dead) worlds, yea, right.

DeletedUser

there are tactics that can defeat +10K tanks; great teamwork by the opposing guys, good leadership, concentrating duelers fire on the tanks etc.... mark my word W15 (if it ever opens) will have a crapload of duelers specced as pure fortfighters solely in order to massacre those tanks (i estimate that roughly 25% of current soldier forters will go with a dueler class IF (hint moderators?) w15 opens)...
Those things can hardly be called a tactic, and duelers are easily avoidable...

And i agree with Vic on few things: you people are trying to make an exception seem like the rule.

DeletedUser

You sure anyone really cares what happens on beta? If we did, then we'll play on beta I suppose, and not here. :)

DeletedUser

... noone broke the record of acc switching.

Adventurer class or any other.

DeletedUser

Being a pure hp build is not such an easy stuff as you might think. I'm stuck. Stuck on the fort battles. 20 hours of sleep per day and 30 minutes of fun. I cannot go on doing a job or a quest, or even earn some money because of my duel level (201) and all of the noobs attack me for the free xp(even if i have the golden colt I can't score more than 200 damage) they get on me. I do this not for myself but for my alliance. I have a fort team of 10 players pure HP, all with 10.000+ hp. We defend and conquer every fort. Just for a record, we conquered 54 forts trough flag rushing and defended over 100 forts. I see no point in nerfing me, all I can do is fort battles. If they nerf me, they should nerf duelers, workers, all-job builds. Abusing?! What am I abusing? Do duelers abuse their builds when they put everything in reflex and resistance or aim and dodge? Do builders abuse their builds when they go full Construction? I don't think so! I ruined my gameplay for my alliance, and I feel proud. We are not ruining everything.

I want to know what njub world cant stop the same 10 guys rushing the flag for 54 battles in a row! lol

IMO you can have whatever build you like, your not hurting anybody. But I would rather have 10 premium soldiers, with rounded fort skills and 5K HP, than your 10 pure HP's ;)

DeletedUser

As much as fort ownership is important, the battle itself is more important than the eventual outcome. I would rather be in ten dragged out 50 round battles with a 6~7 round shoot-out with five wins either side than win in a rather predictable manner. I remember having GA protect us with his 10k hp when the closest guy was like 4~5k, and there were only a handful of them - we won but I could understand the frustration coming from that side. We used to "marvel" - well, at least the noobs did, at Zoe Cassidy surviving multiple rounds all by herself, but somehow it goes beyond the paradigm of common sense when one person can go up and somehow be "invisible" to 50 other guns attempting to shoot at him. I hope W11 doesn't go around specializing on this build - every once in a while its fine, but not as a de facto strategy, that would just be nasty.