Adventurer as a Blocking Tank

DeletedUser20647

I gotta say guys your battles must be extremely exciting .....not.... :rolleyes:

Tell me im curious.

1. Do you think these kinds of builds enhance gameplay for the rest of the community ?

2. Do you think theres any point of towns bothering to build forts anymore with virtually no chance of defending them vs a team of uber tanks ?

3. Are you not ruining the excitement of battles and the strategy in them for a simple very boring yet effective ill grant you, alternative. ?

4. Dosnt this just simply mean the developers will be forced to nerf yours and everyones build eventually to resolve this ?

5. Most of all dont you feel your abusing the point of forts and the builds for bonuses by what you do ?

6 Do you even care ?

Dont get me wrong Im not telling you how to play im just curious is all, sure I have dominating alliances on a couple of worlds but they have been built by hard work no uber tanks and solid teamwork & strategy. Any battle thats full both sides is by no means a certainty of a win and this is what makes it challenging. Other worlds ive been on with these builds in any number ive either quit or stopped going to forts mostly out of boredom.

When the challenge ceases then so does the excitement..... think about what your doing I hear it all the time from players in 13 and 14 and others .... your killing forts with these overpowered builds.

Nothing personal on you both but I cant see how this adds anything to the game other than again an abuse of a system designed to make builds interesting. Your twisting it into something which threatens the system of fort builds being any use at all.

Indeed it is my belief this is nothing more than yet another attempt by players to shortcut a fun game into a simple spoiler race. You cant pretend to be fantastic or even good at forts with a 40k or so advantage in say a small battle let alone an exciting one.

Why oh why can you guys not see what you are encouraging ruins the communities ability to take part in and defend their forts or even bothering to attend them with any kind of level playing field.

1. It's a valid build without using anything that's not allowed.
Just like with other things, your opponent can reply by increasing their own HP, if they do, it will most definitely enhance gameplay for the rest of the community.

2. Yes, other towns can get their own team and flags are blockable in this fashion.

3. No, as it is not cheating. Whoever wants HP can put points in it, that includes vash's opponents in this case, or your side in a world where you feel like your opponents have an HP advantage.

4. No, as it's just 1 skill and it can be perfectly countered, just like reflex/toughness in dueling for example.

5. No, it's not like it's some secret. Everyone knows what the bonuses do as it is on the wiki.

6. I do, I would love if we had a world with 100 tanks on each side.

It's terrible if 1 side has a lot more tanks than the other, but if they are more or less equal it is a lot more fun than without the tanks, I think.

I know you left world 12, so I guess you can't see it, but really, battles are pretty good there, I dare to say the best of all .net worlds at this moment. Not just because of the activity, but also because there are a lot more players with decent to great HP.

DeletedUser16008

1. It's a valid build without using anything that's not allowed.
Just like with other things, your opponent can reply by increasing their own HP, if they do, it will most definitely enhance gameplay for the rest of the community.

2. Yes, other towns can get their own team and flags are blockable in this fashion.

3. No, as it is not cheating. Whoever wants HP can put points in it, that includes vash's opponents in this case, or your side in a world where you feel like your opponents have an HP advantage.

4. No, as it's just 1 skill and it can be perfectly countered, just like reflex/toughness in dueling for example.

5. No, it's not like it's some secret. Everyone knows what the bonuses do as it is on the wiki.

6. I do, I would love if we had a world with 100 tanks on each side.

It's terrible if 1 side has a lot more tanks than the other, but if they are more or less equal it is a lot more fun than without the tanks, I think.

I know you left world 12, so I guess you can't see it, but really, battles are pretty good there, I dare to say the best of all .net worlds at this moment. Not just because of the activity, but also because there are a lot more players with decent to great HP.

Thx for the reply GG its nice to get a proper one.

1 Your assuming individual players want to change their build to be virtually useless at anything else, thats a big expectation.

2 Again your suggesting its either do the same or your toast.

3 I never suggested it was cheating just not what fort skills etc were intended to be used for.

4 Pray tell how is it to be countered other with similar tanks etc ? then all the fort battles will be moving toward elitist teams and less of a community participation. That dosnt sound good for anyone in general.

5 So by choosing to use one fort skill that just happens to have the most effect on a battle is what all that hard work that went into fort skills was for is it ? I dont think so.

6 Youd love it if you had 100 tanks on both sides :blink: now that surprises me and in that case id feel very sorry for any normal player wishing to enjoy a fort battle and god forbid go about the rest of the game with normal builds I have to say multi battles would probably be the only way the rest would get to enjoy battles..

Are you getting my point here of this game especially forts being about lots of people not just a few ? which is the way its becoming. Your advocating that everyone in order to enjoy battles must invest more in hp or be left out Im sorry i cannot see that as a benefit to the west gaming community. You wait until the Golden brigade start popping up i shudder to think :rolleyes:

I do pop into w12 from time to time and watch battles etc All ive learnt tho is the uber tank run. I actively left w12 due to the way battles were going yes, that and the elitist in the club ranking system wasnt to my liking. I wasnt in the slightest bit surprised when they made it full premium, now everyone can buy points to their hearts content if they " love their alliance" Terrific, I hope w12 gives you and all the rest plenty of excitement I really do, but honesty im not at all interested in such worlds.

DeletedUser20647

Thx for the reply GG its nice to get a proper one.

1 Your assuming individual players want to change their build to be virtually useless at anything else, thats a big expectation.

2 Again your suggesting its either do the same or your toast.

3 I never suggested it was cheating just not what fort skills etc were intended to be used for.

4 Pray tell how is it to be countered other with similar tanks etc ? then all the fort battles will be moving toward elitist teams and less of a community participation. That dosnt sound good for anyone in general.

5 So by choosing to use one fort skill that just happens to have the most effect on a battle is what all that hard work that went into fort skills was for is it ? I dont think so.

6 Youd love it if you had 100 tanks on both sides :blink: now that surprises me and in that case id feel very sorry for any normal player wishing to enjoy a fort battle and god forbid go about the rest of the game with normal builds I have to say multi battles would probably be the only way the rest would get to enjoy battles..

Are you getting my point here of this game especially forts being about lots of people not just a few ? which is the way its becoming. Your advocating that everyone in order to enjoy battles must invest more in hp or be left out Im sorry i cannot see that as a benefit to the west gaming community. You wait until the Golden brigade start popping up i shudder to think :rolleyes:

I do pop into w12 from time to time and watch battles etc All ive learnt tho is the uber tank run. I actively left w12 due to the way battles were going yes, that and the elitist in the club ranking system wasnt to my liking. I wasnt in the slightest bit surprised when they made it full premium, now everyone can buy points to their hearts content if they " love their alliance" Terrific, I hope w12 gives you and all the rest plenty of excitement I really do, but honesty im not at all interested in such worlds.

I do get your point.. I guess it's just that when I see those .pl worlds where they have 100 tanks on each side, I go mad, haha :p

But seriously, would it be that bad if we had 1 world where it was full of fort fighters? I don't think it would be that bad.. I mean it would be 1 world out of 14, that leaves 13 'normal' worlds.

Anyways, there's no alliance on .net doing anything special with HP, so I guess we can't even talk about how it would be as it's just speculation. It does look like it would go the way you describe it, but on the other hand, not everyone can be (online) at every battle and you would probably pick someone who is online with less HP over some offliner with more HP, depends on the difference ofcourse, but you know what I mean.

DeletedUser16008

If it were a Game Mastered world im sure it would be very very popular yes. Heck i would even join it myself most likely if that were to happen, thats by far the most playable solution and would be quite fun im sure but please not on the normal ones.

Ive been on a few of the other servers out of curiosity and its crazy how obsessed people get there lol

& Yea I know exactly what you mean GG Id rank an onliner over a tank offline every time but only because i feel the active players deserve the priority whatever the tanks hp even if it would mean losing a battle. A tank gang will at some point pop up im certain, already seen it on Arizona to a certain extent im sure there will be more.

DeletedUser23701

I can only say that all pure builds in some way ruin game, including duelers and tanks.
Many don't want to duel, but are dueled. Many want to get in fort fight, but do not get in. Some want to do all jobs, but can't now.
Game provides many options how to play it.
Duelers - duel
Fort fighters - fort fights
Builders - build

And let me remind you, that all job build is not possible anymore, so, you can't do all.
Means that you'll stick to something, are those skills for some job, or duels, or fort fights, or you picked some class. You made your choice, stop whine that you're loosing something some aspect of game, as you simple can't do all.

With recent class bonuses in FF I can say that it became a lot harder to take fort.
Having identical HP on both sides, it's almost impossible to take fort.

But what is more dramatic, that even big fort battles ends by round 30 and defense loose only 40-50 people if not less. So, to extend fort fights longer, you just have to take more HP to forts.

So, what fun is it to go to fort fight and end it after 30 min, but not 60 min like before?

I'm all for balance, and if one side takes HP to fort, other should take same, no other choice.
4-5k HP became normal at forts now.
Soon it'll be like 6-7k HP.
The better guns you get, the more HP you need to stand against those guns.
What's the point to come to FF with 1.5k HP in old world and get dead in 5 shots!?

DeletedUser20647

I agree with you Mezonis (what a surprise, huh :p), and I have seen that having a lot of HP in battles doesn't make it less fun for the others, who sometimes won't get in a battle, but there are too many players that do not share this thought.

DeletedUser16008

Obviously your speaking of the newer worlds here for 4 - 5 k hp being normal as its certainly not on the older ones.

You say you cant take a fort without more hp if full... absolutely not true

W10 large fort taken last week 120 vs 140 no massive hp advantage
W9 large fort taken sunday 91 vs 130 no hp advantge and about 50% attack offline.

By increasing HP all the time you are making forts unaccessible to the majority if its sets the bar at high HP.

Nothing has changed about the damage weapons do unless your speaking of goldens and they should be rare to find in any battle.

There are 14 worlds and im hearing a lot of what YOU consider the minimum now whereas my xp couldnt be more different. There is no reason to get shot and die early nor for a battle to last a mere 30 rounds...

Ill tell you what Mezonis I go along to battles on Arizona with approx 1.5k hp and ok I cant tank but neither do i die in 5 shots as half id probably dodge. Again your posting like its a requirement to have high HP just to do fort battles simply isnt true unless it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy which is looking the case.

jobs and dueling are a single players personal choice.. pushing the HP thing as a prerequisite in forts is not affecting one player but the whole world.120 forts in a world and your saying if a group dosnt conform to a specific HP average in its group then it wont keep its forts, also your saying in not so many words unless you go tank your not likely to be given a spot in a battle... Thats where i have an issue ....

I have no problems with progress and if all classes were given say the soldiers bonus for HP as a base that would be fine but its not like that is it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was just now in a fort battle in arizona, and I saw one player with 11000 HP. She died in just a few rounds. And I had a little around 1000 HP and still survived until the battle ended, and we lost. And I can say I did pretty well with almost no HP a bad gun and I´m level 60 there.

DeletedUser

I was just now in a fort battle in arizona, and I saw one player with 11000 HP. She died in just a few rounds. And I had a little around 1000 HP and still survived until the battle ended, and we lost. And I can say I did pretty well with almost no HP a bad gun and I´m level 60 there.
Well, the player killed himself for the sake of the team. You survived because you cowardly stayed on the back of the team. Don't brag about it. The one that dies for the team are the real heroes.

DeletedUser23701

Vic, I agree, if whole world would become HP monsters, it'd become less interesting.
In FF usually gets in onliners or players who proved themselves, not mandatory to be HP monster.

W12 we've no 11k tanks, 7k is top, and many are 4-5k HP.
Both sides are experienced and looking for good fights, and it's fun.
Once, we started to loose and many jumped to HP, to balance fights.
We can't simple stay with less HP if other side have advantage.
So, both sides balance fort fights and world itself.

And still, fights ends by round 30 and defense win.

In Arizona you've 81 fort battles.
Top#1 has 240, so, 3 times more.
You can still get in and have some fun, but there are a lot people who enjoy FF more than anything else.

If you're telling, that 1.5k HP is good for FF, then please go in front for 1 round, do not hide behind players with more HP.

Many things can kill FF, including some limitation. Want double HP, choose Soldier, big deal. Soldiers are made for any kind of battles.

DeletedUser16008

Well, the player killed himself for the sake of the team. You survived because you cowardly stayed on the back of the team. Don't brag about it. The one that dies for the team are the real heroes.

I would agree that the one who takes one for his team is doing the correct thing, except theres nothing heroic at all about dumping all points into HP and being a meat shield, on the contrary its showboating and once again you have no idea about the the player you are slating ...

I would not however expect anyone with 1k hp to stand in the front row at least until towards the end. Labeling people to be cowards simply because they arnt a 10k tank shows your not exactly much of a fort fighter and I suspect without your hp nothing special at all.

I know the player tank being spoken about you obviously dont and until the update she spent all their time under quest KO like so many other "heroes" :rolleyes: tell me Vash were you one too ?

DeletedUser16008

Vic, I agree, if whole world would become HP monsters, it'd become less interesting.
In FF usually gets in onliners or players who proved themselves, not mandatory to be HP monster.

W12 we've no 11k tanks, 7k is top, and many are 4-5k HP.
Both sides are experienced and looking for good fights, and it's fun.
Once, we started to loose and many jumped to HP, to balance fights.
We can't simple stay with less HP if other side have advantage.
So, both sides balance fort fights and world itself.

And still, fights ends by round 30 and defense win.

In Arizona you've 81 fort battles.
Top#1 has 240, so, 3 times more.
You can still get in and have some fun, but there are a lot people who enjoy FF more than anything else.

If you're telling, that 1.5k HP is good for FF, then please go in front for 1 round, do not hide behind players with more HP.

Many things can kill FF, including some limitation. Want double HP, choose Soldier, big deal. Soldiers are made for any kind of battles.

I didnt say 1.5k was GOOD for fort battles i just said what i go to them with on Arizona. Of course im not going to be able to tank front row with that amount and would not pretend I do.... however seeing as there is only 1 front line at any time to suggest not taking point with 1.5k hp is hiding isnt really worth debating is it ? Actually i dont attend battles much but when i do go I usually do far more damage than ive got hp. Nor do I run and hide when needed on the front line but im not stupid enough to go point with 1.5k hp at the beginning of a battle either. ;)

I understand how a group is forced to increase HP in order to compete im just saying its a never ending problem.

Assuming the players on a world are correct on the log in page there are over 44000 on w12 and about 12000 on Arizona

Id say it is your world by far that should be having plenty of battles yet your telling me its already turned into the tanking world. Sounds to me it has become a case of if you dont have the build your not getting in scenario.

DeletedUser

I would agree that the one who takes one for his team is doing the correct thing, except theres nothing heroic at all about dumping all points into HP and being a meat shield, on the contrary its showboating and once again you have no idea about the the player you are slating ...

I would not however expect anyone with 1k hp to stand in the front row at least until towards the end. Labeling people to be cowards simply because they arnt a 10k tank shows your not exactly much of a fort fighter and I suspect without your hp nothing special at all.

I know the player tank being spoken about you obviously dont and until the update she spent all their time under quest KO like so many other "heroes" :rolleyes: tell me Vash were you one too ?
No. I had finished all my quests to can get all the extra SP and AP so no quest KO for me. Just lot of sleep. And just because I have HP doesn't mean that I'm not a good fort fighter. You know, I could do the same without HP, but I want to make sure that I conquer the forts :). It's not about the XP... it's just about the power :).

DeletedUser16008

Fair enough each to their own if you sleep a lot your obviously some Hero :rolleyes: I only see one person on this thread calling others names Vash obviously you belong on your own server and came fishing here for some info so i doubt your a great fort fighter at all and if you could do the same without the HP why dont you ?

Tell you what, let us know what name you run under and the world number on RO then I can follow your heroic career.

Depends on what you mean by power if your gonna carpet bomb whilst the natives have bows and arrows it just makes you sound like a kid with a game spoiler.

Give me the same 10 tanks in hp as noobs and within a few battles im pretty certain id be knocking your guys flat every time. Power isnt only what its about only misguided people think that it is.

DeletedUser20647

Vic, I think you missed too much of w12 and experienced too much of that P&P thread-based world that is called Arizona, for this reason you may think that having a lot of HP (in a battle, in general) is a bad thing. Why don't you join a town in world 12, make sure you have around 2000 HP and join a few battles? Just a few, just to see how "terrible" they are.

To start out with, there are rarely multis. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw one. Also, there are a lot of onliners at almost every battle. And on top of all this people follow orders pretty well, on both sides and it's pretty balanced too!

Edit: actually, why don't you lead a few? Whatever side you pick, you'll have those tanks you asked for, but so will your opponent.

DeletedUser16008

Kind of you to offer GG but really im done with 12. I was there & i attended enough besides my toon there is about as useless as could be for forts lol. Im not actually saying its terrible I meant what i said before about everyone on 12 having a great time there and that I understand how it feeds on itself. However its really not for me nor if im honest are any of the point buying worlds. Even Arizona I havnt bothered leading 1 battle there nor shall I.

Im probably suffering from multiple world fort syndrome, a rare case of over indulgence in forts thats only cure is time and R & R ... Ive found casual dueling and fort attendance to be most therapeutic on these newer worlds but thats about it. :cool:

DeletedUser

I don´t care what you say. At least I was following orders.

Edit. Of course I take cover! At one time in a fort battle the leader said to go to the north. I went to north as fast as I could, and everyone else was behind. And I was left out as an open target for everyone to shoot at me. That was on arizona too. I´m a coward you say?

And I was also in the front row hugging the wall when shooting at the towers.

DeletedUser

that all depends on the wall

to be honest, i like the hp as i am a fighter so i have boosted a bit into health rather then being a 1600hp advent

thing is tho, those guys with little hp are still welcome and needed at battles. because as vic said, if there became a set standard for battle(you have to be this tall to get on this ride...)

i think battles would suffer, because not everyone is only a fort fighter. there are many that come here and there, or only support their particular town or alliance

as long as those "little guys" follow orders, and after hiding in the back sniping for the entire battle...when they become the guys with the most hp left and they still try to hide, then those guys are cowards. those guys are lame and not worth their rank. if your excuse for hiding behind a guy with 200hp or basically a one shot kill is that you only have 1500hp....maybe you should stick to quests

and for people that complain about the "lame advent char bonus" if you have a half decent amount of hp, and know how to use it, it can be quite handy in the right situations. with low hp you wont have the opportunity to see it in action