About Wars and Coalitions of world 10

DeletedUser13388

Seriously, 15+ towns versus 2 towns, and you want to take the high road, claim the righteous path? Get over yourself.

Agree.You cant handle 15 towns.

Ok lets make fair battle - 15 players vs your 2 towns.

DeletedUser

Agree.You cant handle 15 towns.

Ok lets make fair battle - 15 players vs your 2 towns.

Actually we have been man handling you guys... Whether it's fair or not, we can take you on.. :)

Just look at the facts, 15 MC towns against 2 IJ towns.. and guess what, both IJ towns' Morts are at green... Goes to show the quality of players you guys are... :huh:;)

DeletedUser13388

Actually we have been man handling you guys... Whether it's fair or not, we can take you on.. :)

Just look at the facts, 15 MC towns against 2 IJ towns.. and guess what, both IJ towns' Morts are at green... Goes to show the quality of players you guys are... :huh:;)

Well i am agree,that your morticians wont be in red color soon and the reason is,cause we have to w8 2 days to duel you again.After that another 2 days and again and again...What can we do,that we are hitting hard...

DeletedUser

Well i am agree,that your morticians wont be in red color soon and the reason is,cause we have to w8 2 days to duel you again.After that another 2 days and again and again...What can we do,that we are hitting hard...

Yup that's true, because after hitting us you get KO'ed, so you'll have to wait 2 days to duel us again.. :)

Next time remind your members (*cough* j dahl *cough*) to atleast put up a challenge, our builders hate giving away defensive KO's (also known as knocking out an attacking soldier).. :)

DeletedUser

Getting back to the topic . . .

Here's an interesting question, if you were to pick a side of a fight to be on, which side would it be?

Would you rather have a single town: good size, lots of members, good communication, very organized and coordinated

or a bunch of towns: say anywhere from 10-15 towns, ranging in sizes from small to good, not great communication, not very organized or coordinated

Do you want the coordination or the numbers?

DeletedUser

I would rather have one town that I have fun in, even if I get knocked out every two days, then either one of those options.

Just me.

DeletedUser16008

Getting back to the topic . . .

Here's an interesting question, if you were to pick a side of a fight to be on, which side would it be?

Would you rather have a single town: good size, lots of members, good communication, very organized and coordinated

or a bunch of towns: say anywhere from 10-15 towns, ranging in sizes from small to good, not great communication, not very organized or coordinated

Do you want the coordination or the numbers?

Single town no question ..... If i had to choose...

But Ive done and got that so its on to new challenges.

DeletedUser4431

Even though the single town may be better though, the massive bunch of towns will always win which is what really ruins things.

DeletedUser

Even though the single town may be better though, the massive bunch of towns will always win which is what really ruins things.
The massive group of towns will only "win" (I'm confused by this term, how do you win this game exactly?) if at least one of the towns in their group is as organised and coordinated as the single town.

I don't play this game to "win", as I already hinted, there is no way to win The West. I play this game for fun, and the higher the odds are stacked against you, the more fun you can have. For me, the single town every time.

Fort battles are where the real difficulty lies for those with no alliances, and unfortunately arrangements between independent towns for mutual fort defences often lead to more serious alliances.

DeletedUser

The massive group of towns will only "win" (I'm confused by this term, how do you win this game exactly?) if at least one of the towns in their group is as organised and coordinated as the single town.

I don't play this game to "win", as I already hinted, there is no way to win The West. I play this game for fun, and the higher the odds are stacked against you, the more fun you can have. For me, the single town every time.

Fort battles are where the real difficulty lies for those with no alliances, and unfortunately arrangements between independent towns for mutual fort defences often lead to more serious alliances.

Couldn't have said it better.. :)

Based on my own opinion I have been in a town that was VERY large, and had a dozen or more alliances, and I didn't have fun, it got boring eventually.. Now Im in a two-town alliance, odds are against us, but the point is having fun.. Both in game and here in the forums.. :D

Diggo11

What about a more balanced approach, an "almost but not quite" alliance of four towns? What would you lot think of that in comparison to the other two options?

DeletedUser1105

I think you can see that, on a smaller scale, with Infraction Junction. Having two towns is quite easy to handle, as long as there is at least one person in each town who communicate with each other regularly and work towards the same goals. It works very well so far.

I think it would also be possible to extend that to three or four towns, I don't see why it couldn't work*. It just means you have to find more suitable people to run it. It's also important to take into account the members of the towns. Any town or alliance is only as good as it's members. With less towns, it's easier to get rid of the dross and ensure that only active players who play the way your town needs them to are included. Doing this for one town is difficult, and it multiplies in difficulty with the number of towns you have.

I honestly think the only way a large alliance can be successful long term is if they grow natuarally. Take the time to get the players you need in your town. Only when you have a full town of players who are active and working towards the same goal should you branch out. Make another town and man it with a select one or two players who have shown themselves to be leaders. Then be selective in recruitment. It shouldn't be rushed. That's the trap most fall into. They make another town and then try to fill it with whoever will join. Or they take another, already established town into their alliance without knowing the players in that town.

*Don't take that out of context, that is not our plan for Infraction Junction.

DeletedUser

One of my philosophies in The West is that there is three types of people in the town area. All three types have advantages and disadvantages.

1. The wandering hobos: These are the guys who don't join a town at all and go around safely doing jobs or quests.
Advantages: No worry about being dueled or getting KOd in a war.
Disadvantages: Loneliness, and the annoyance of having to join a town every few weeks to get better equipment

2. The small town folks: People who live in a small town with little allies or in a small group of towns consisting of close friends.
Advantages: Great communication and participation as everyone knows each other and goes through the same things together.
Disadvantages: Getting jumped every so often by hundreds of people from mega empires.

3. The imperials: People who join mega alliances that have 20 or so towns filled with random people
Advantages: A sense of security and overwhelming numbers
Disadvantages: Harder communication and the chance of being driven into insanity when they find out that their sense of security is false.

Now lets use a long term war scenario and exclude the hobos since they take little part in war. At the beginning of the war, the empire have the advantage of attacking with excitement and with many people. But as the war drags on, the empire's duelists get tired and go back home to do jobs or go around dueling random targets for money. Meanwhile, the small town(s) will think up a good strategy with good communication and a nice amount of participation since everyone was hurt in the empire's attacks and they all want payback. So they go to the empire's towns and start to fill them up with bullet holes. When the leaders of the empire hear about the attacks, they might attempt to host a second attack like the original one, but it proves to be a failure since hardly any duelists participate since they think that they don't need to help out because of their false sense of security. Then the smaller towns of the alliance start to scream for help, and the main towns franticly try and gain help from their duelists but they are still under the guise that they have security in numbers. And slowly, the smaller towns start to leave the empire so that they can have better communication, and then the medium towns leave, and then before you know it, the empire is left with two or three empty towns that are fully built.

DeletedUser

There is also some alternatives. I'm from the Shadow Towns. We have a good reputation, in all worlds. We fight when we have to fight, we cry when we have to. But in the end, you can ask friends of mine that I've made in this game.. I always tell them to Go and Have fun..

And yes, I have both, some large alliances and some small. It comes down to having fun, and I really believe that my people do.

DeletedUser

3. The imperials: People who join mega alliances that have 20 or so towns filled with random people
Advantages: A sense of security and overwhelming numbers
Disadvantages: Harder communication and the chance of being driven into insanity when they find out that their sense of security is false.

One other thing I'd add to this is that you can sub-divide this category further.

1. Noobs- About 35%. These are the people who simply look at the rankings, see that a coalition town is ranked #1, and assume that they are amazing. They have no clue what they are doing, and they pee their pants and run away as soon as they even think that they are threatened. They don't actually do anything in a town, generally are inactive, and rarely make it past level 25. This is the "lower class" of coalition towns, who are only in the towns because the leaders can't control every single town. They are really just dead weight that many use to make their coalition appear bigger.

2. Those with too much Self-Interest- About 45%. These guys are generally fairly good, but they are more concerned about the wealth of their character than anything else. They will change sides at the drop of a hat, and are generally only in your town because they cannot be accepted into another one with stronger members, regardless of whether you're at war with them or not. They are generally "spies", willing to sell themselves and their information to things that will benefit their character. They are active, but usually get a bad rep and are removed from towns later in the game. This makes up most of the "middle class" of coalition towns.

3. Real Players- About 20%. These are the people each leader insists their town is made up of entirely. They are the ones active in forums, loyal, and willing to fight for a losing cause. They are the leaders of the towns, and those in the high-ranked towns.

So really, only 20% of the tribe will be participating in a war after a few days. If there is a sign of a real threat, you can expect about a third to a half of your lower members to switch instantly. Thus, a small town can easily win a war as long as they put their money in the bank and just straight sleep in hotels for a few days. The lower guys will get bored of doing nothing, and the upper guys will gradually lose interest as time goes on. Then, if the small town attacks weaker town in the confederacy, you can sometimes get the town to disband or even join you. It worked in a previous war I was in in World 2, so I'm sure it could work again.

DeletedUser15169

"3. Real Players- About 20%. These are the people each leader insists their town is made up of entirely. They are the ones active in forums, loyal, and willing to fight for a losing cause. They are the leaders of the towns, and those in the high-ranked towns. "

Im glad that my town makes that 20% then, everyone is active in the forum, check to see who to hit in enemy towns, and everyone contributes money. It seems that every town in MC I have visited so far is pretty much the same as far as loyal players and all who seek for group benifit, yep good post Chaos!

DeletedUser

"3. Real Players- About 20%. These are the people each leader insists their town is made up of entirely. They are the ones active in forums, loyal, and willing to fight for a losing cause. They are the leaders of the towns, and those in the high-ranked towns. "

Im glad that my town makes that 20% then, everyone is active in the forum, check to see who to hit in enemy towns, and everyone contributes money. It seems that every town in MC I have visited so far is pretty much the same as far as loyal players and all who seek for group benifit, yep good post Chaos!

Really now? As far as I remember, you were among the 'noobs' who looked at nothing but stats.. :)

Not to mention, that only 1/4 of the MC towns are "Real Towns" others are just "Farm Towns" :laugh:

DeletedUser

Really now? As far as I remember, you were among the 'noobs' who looked at nothing but stats.. :)

Not to mention, that only 1/4 of the MC towns are "Real Towns" others are just "Farm Towns" :laugh:

how about GC?
more "Farm Towns"

DeletedUser

I am part of a town that is in the WWW alliance and it seems that there are only a few of my town mates that are part of that 20%. As this is my first post here, I just want to say that in my duels I do not mean anything personnel by them. It is for fun.

And what is wrong with the WWW alliance?