• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

15 minutes is plenty and it will help solve the camper problem. I vote "Yes"

Diggo11

I agree with 15 minutes.

@ Denisero, I object with you last claim. If a camper only pops out for ten minutes at a time, that leaves you with a 1 second window. Someone with premium can easily stay in their Hotel and camp a town, only requiring them to log in once a day! Also camping ain't against the rules, but it's just being a bad sport and spoiling everyone else's fun. Heck, if it was real life it'd be called guerilla tactics and we'd label you a terrorist!

@ Others, 15 minutes gives you an enough of an opportunity if you are serious about it. You have ten minutes to attack to camper. After this ten minutes the victim gets a report - your warning. You then have five more minutes to attack. To extend this timer any further would be simply unfair against duellers, especially the majority legitimate ones!

@ Gem, yes you'd obviously miss them the first time. But you can then use the duel report to predict his timings and moves, and prepare yourself accordingly. This system gives you an opportunity, but it's what you do with it that matters.

So I'll say again, 15 minutes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you are talking 15 minutes plus the 10 minute duel time it is too much. I'm talking about 5 minutes plus the 10 minute duel time. That is enough. Besides Diggo, there are ways to catch those campers or haven't we taught you that in world 7 yet? :p

Diggo11

10 minutes (during the duel) then the first five minutes of "Check In Time". The last ten minutes is to late (as you would know).

And no you are yet to enlighten me oh Mighty One.

DeletedUser

Ok. Well if its 15 minutes total with duel time included then I'm fine with this. The OP doesn't have that listed though. That is where my confusion came in.

Diggo, guess we have some splainin to do in Ojo then.

DeletedUser

Just another bleating thread from folks that can't play the game.

When will people realise that Dueling is as much a part of this game as anything else. Just because you do not have the skills or the guile to nail a player who is using this technique to earn from your town doesn't give you the right to demand the creators change the game. Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.

Telegram me in game if you would like advice on town security.

:blink:

The Iceman

When will people realise that Dueling is as much a part of this game as anything else. Just because you do not have the skills or the guile to nail a player who is using this technique to earn from your town doesn't give you the right to demand the creators change the game. Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.

No one is demanding anything
It's a request not a demand, so get your facts straight :mad:
Skill or guile does not enter into it
If a player queues up sleep, directly after every duel, then it is physically impossible to nail him, unless you have discovered a way to circumvent the dueling process
So this statement is a crock: Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.

Would this be you by any chance?
Dazzy - Level 7 Dueling level 7 Rank 19533

Last edited:

DeletedUser

pfft what a noob.

Once somebody tells you, your gonna feel sooooo silly.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

pfft what a noob.

Once somebody tells you, your gonna feel sooooo silly.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dazzy, we are all dying to hear this amazing strategy of yours.

Just so we're all on the same page, here's why hotel camping is annoying:

Dueler Eve is camping in SmallTown and repeatedly attacks Bob. Eve sleeps in the SmallTown hotel all day, and occasionally queues up a duel with Bob, cancels her hotel stay, then queues another hotel stay in SmallTown for immediately after the duel. Eve will be "in the open" for exactly 10 minutes.

To retaliate, Bob's townmate Alice goes and tries to camp Eve. Eve is usually sleeping, but Bob is very diligent, checking the saloon every few minutes, and finally finds Eve when she's out in the open. Bob queues up a duel, but 10 minutes later, the duel fails, because Eve is already asleep again.

So please. Tell us how your strategy and cunning can let Bob's townmates get revenge on Eve.

DeletedUser

It's called delayed dueling. See if you can work it out for yourself.

Oh man, so many folks will be lovin' this :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's part of the game, it's a game play. Just because you can't adapt to overcome this, you want the rules changed. :blink:

Crazy talk.

The Iceman

It's called delayed dueling. See if you can work it out for yourself.

Oh man, so many folks will be lovin' this :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's part of the game, it's a game play. Just because you can't adapt to overcome this, you want the rules changed. :blink:

Crazy talk.

If you had a solution to the duel/camp duel/camp problem, you would have posted it by now to save this request going to a vote

So in all honesty, I think you are nothing but a wind up merchant and an attention *****
So fess up or shut up :D

DeletedUser

You totally missed the point if all you took out of this thread is that people don't want to or are incapable of dueling (and doing it well).

And yes, there are ways to catch someone using the sleep/duel/sleep tactic. However, when you've got two towns full of fighters who know the tricks of the trade people put more effort into becoming purposefully more unpredictable...and, well...let's call it like it is they just sleep a lot more and duel a lot less.

And, before you again try to pass this all off as 'simple noobs whining' without reading the full context of the thread, we do catch them in spite of how hard they try to avoid our real fighters (eventually). Thing is...they're good fighters. They're faced up against other good fighters. They don't need to hide...they choose to.

So, in many cases, it is far from simply a matter of being good duelers in the first place, or the art of improvisation and adaptability. It's a matter of exploitation of a surely unintended loophole in the game, and it needs to be fixed...lest the game fail to further entertain its base and become a 'once was' best browser-based game of the year rather than a thriving community of both competitive and casual gamers.

And, well, to those who claim that some of us should get a life...most of us have one, thanks. Again, it's a matter of communication, accessibility, competitiveness, and willingness. All that and a life too can certainly be had...multi-tasking...in this day and age...imagine that! lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you had a solution to the duel/camp duel/camp problem, you would have posted it by now to save this request going to a vote

So in all honesty, I think you are nothing but a wind up merchant and an attention *****
So fess up or shut up :D

I have told you.
Speak to any of my citizens in W3, W6 or W7 and they will tell you the same. Infact, come and camp me and i'll prove it. :)

DeletedUser

I have told you.
Speak to any of my citizens in W3, W6 or W7 and they will tell you the same. Infact, come and camp me and i'll prove it. :)

Trust me...you have no monopoly on it. Since you know, too...tell me how effective it is when they only duel once or twice a day, with hours in between?

DeletedUser

So, in many cases, it is far from simply a matter of being good duelers in the first place, or the art of improvisation and adaptability. It's a matter of exploitation of a surely unintended loophole in the game, and it needs to be fixed...lest the game fail to further entertain its base and become a 'once was' best browser-based game of the year rather than a thriving community of both competitive and casual gamers.

Are you serious? You think that because somebody duels you, you have the right to them being penalised and being stuck up like a turkey for 5 mins?

All you would do is set out a bait, wait for the hit and set 3-4 of your duelers to hit the dueler. Now how is that possibly fair play?

What you are doing here is killing off dueling.
For the love of god somebody delete this thread before we are all giving money and XP to each other 'cause we all love each other and live happily ever after.

DeletedUser

Trust me...you have no monopoly on it. Since you know, too...tell me how effective it is when they only duel once or twice a day, with hours in between?

Then where is the problem?

Jees, another anti-duel player.

DeletedUser

Are you serious? You think that because somebody duels you, you have the right to them being penalised and being stuck up like a turkey for 5 mins?

All you would do is set out a bait, wait for the hit and set 3-4 of your duelers to hit the dueler. Now how is that possibly fair play?

What you are doing here is killing off dueling.
For the love of god somebody delete this thread before we are all giving money and XP to each other 'cause we all love each other and live happily ever after.

Did you read any of my post aside from what you quoted? Are you really that obtuse?

I want this because I want to duel...

DeletedUser

*Sigh*
W3 Adventurer
22 Dazzy 22320 321 153 168
Been as high as 10 but more to do than duel nowadays. Only 9 this month so far lol

W7 Soldier
77 Dazzy 10745 272 54 218

Total fighter and love the Duel/Sleep game play.

Simple fact is because you don't like how some folks play, you want the rules changed.

Laughable. See, I'm laughing :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.