Votes: 102 32.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 212 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You just want to be able to continue to exploit it. Call it 'strategy' or 'tactics' all you like. When I fight another player, I stand right in their face and do it. I don't need to hide.

Nevermind...I can see that you're one of those people who will post whatever, without regard to relevancy or context. You want to sound like you have a point when you really don't. Fine with me...most people can see right through it.

DeletedUser

This system is necessary, because it is too difficult for a town to defend its members from a dedicated camper, who duel someone and queue up hotel immediately to escape retaliation, rinse, repeat. I'm an adventurer so this will affect me quite a bit since I get free level 2 hotel but it's a necessary change to restore some balance to the system. Otherwise, if someone camps your town, the only thing you can do is camp his town back or hope he makes some mistake and give you enough time to queue up duel and catch him before he sleeps again.

DeletedUser

You really can't see it can you? You are giving attackers a handicap. Once I duel you, I cannot sleep for a further 5 mins.

This puts me at a disadvantage because I have lost health in the duel and cannot recover it before I get dueled. So now, I won't duel if anybody is in my town.

Why is that a good idea?

DeletedUser

Yes, the point is to handicap attackers.

Attackers have the advantage of choosing who and when to duel. If you choose not to leave the hotel whenever somebody visits your town, then that's your decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You really can't see it can you? You are giving attackers a handicap. Once I duel you, I cannot sleep for a further 5 mins.

This puts me at a disadvantage because I have lost health in the duel and cannot recover it before I get dueled. So now, I won't duel if anybody is in my town.

Why is that a good idea?

How is that handicapping attackers? The point of building a fighter is to build one that can take it as well as dish it out. The only handicap here is the one you've imposed upon yourself by not building a character who is capable of taking what you intend to dish out.

Those who are attacking you also have the same conditions applied to their duels, so it's now an even playing field (which is obviously why you don't want to see it happen), so your intended point is completely moot.

The difference between you and I, in case you've missed it even at this point...is that I play knowing that being aggressive will lead to aggression against me. That's what makes it fun...otherwise I would just be running around bullying people, and that's not my style. I expect to put myself in positions where I'll have several people jump me at the same time, and have built my character to the best of my half-witted ability to withstand those conditions as best as I can. I think the even bigger difference, though, is that if I do get knocked out, I'm not going to cry to mommy that someone broke my toy when in truth I broke it myself by my actions.

Somehow I suspect that if you were forced to play on a more level playing field, you'd be doing that a lot. :)

DeletedUser

duel/sleep/duel/sleep/duel/sleep tactics that go on for days, weeks, and months. Attacking only weaker opponents is:

Classless, cowardice, cheesy, and inconsiderate. Those are just a few ways to name it.

There is no such thing as delayed dueling. You can not cue up a duel on anyone who is already sleeping in the hotel. You could cue up some job first or sleep and then cue the second task as the duel, but they still have to be out of the hotel to even cue up that duel. Then your relying purely on luck. All a camper has to do to counter that is wait more than two hours before leaving the hotel for there next cowardly attack. Or change up their routine. Like I said those who brag about how GREAT they are at playing this game, only tell me that they have NO LIFE. There so called strategy's require you not to have a life outside this game.

I play world 3, I'm ranked in the top 100 duelers. I did not get there by targeting lower level easy targets. I got there by playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

DeletedUser

I play world 3, I'm ranked in the top 100 duelers. I did not get there by targeting lower level easy targets. I got there by playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

With a duel avg of 53XP I wouldn't go bumping my gums.

DeletedUser

Funny my math has me higher than that, but you do it the way you want. And yours is so impressive at 69. The way you talk it would be 150. Most of the top duelers in world 3 are anywhere from 55+ average exp per duel.

Let's think about this for a moment, what does it really prove? Obviously you like camping, so targeting workers with high exp points is most likely your strategy. Any average dueler can beat high level workers. I could pad my stats like that. But I don't, but I bet you do. So you do you (duel a worker/sleep/duel a worker/sleep/duel a worker/sleep........) and then come here to brag about it?

How Noble of you.

DeletedUser

James - I agree with most of what you had to say a few posts up, with exception to the idea that there is no such thing as delayed dueling. It's quite possible, and very effective. That is, it's effective if you are playing against someone who doesn't catch on to what you are doing right away...and once they do then you're right back at square one because if they figured that out then all they will do is sleep a lot more and try to be random about their duel timing. Yep...right back where we started, only now it's even worse.

Spineless way to play a game...especially a game, where there are no real consequences to our actions...only virtual ones.

Pi-man - Thanks for that. I appreciate it.

Dazzy - When you speak, you say a lot more about yourself than you do the ones you are addressing. From what I can see, you're not doing yourself any favors.

DeletedUser

Alobar,

That's kinda sorta what I meant. If their determined you pretty much can't stop them.

As for Dazzy, He is just one guy that opposes it because it takes away his loophole to hiding. Either that or he completely does not understand what is being suggested. Anyhow I suggest we just move on without him, 1 person can't vote down an Idea. Most people want this or something like it. This will be in the game at some point. It's only a matter of time.

DeletedUser

This system is necessary, because it is too difficult for a town to defend its members from a dedicated camper, who duel someone and queue up hotel immediately to escape retaliation, rinse, repeat. I'm an adventurer so this will affect me quite a bit since I get free level 2 hotel but it's a necessary change to restore some balance to the system. Otherwise, if someone camps your town, the only thing you can do is camp his town back or hope he makes some mistake and give you enough time to queue up duel and catch him before he sleeps again.

I just wanted to see if I could drag this thread back on track by addressing this particular part of your post. Seems that some people throughout the thread have had a similar concern about how it would effect the masses in general.

Keep in mind, that as presented, this suggestion would only effect you when you initiate a duel.

This means that those who are simply working jobs outside of town or constructing buildings in town would not be subject to a waiting period to get into the hotel.

Iceman...it's your thread. What's the consensus thus far on what the actual delay would be in the official presentation? 5, 10, 15? I've lost track. lol.

DeletedUser

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the suggestion, not to discuss alternate strategies to dealing with the problem. Personally, I agree with Dazzy that it's not necessary, because there are ways around hotel games, but that's beside the point.

DeletedUser

I just wanted to see if I could drag this thread back on track by addressing this particular part of your post. Seems that some people throughout the thread have had a similar concern about how it would effect the masses in general.

Keep in mind, that as presented, this suggestion would only effect you when you initiate a duel.

This means that those who are simply working jobs outside of town or constructing buildings in town would not be subject to a waiting period to get into the hotel.

Iceman...it's your thread. What's the consensus thus far on what the actual delay would be in the official presentation? 5, 10, 15? I've lost track. lol.

I am an adventure so I take advantage of level 2 hotel quite a bit to my own advantage. If you look up my record on W1, I tend to duel on a "part time" basis. I am not a devoted dueler by far but if there are wars between towns I'm in and other town(s) and/or I am looking for cash or just a change of routine from job grind, then I duel a bit.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the suggestion, not to discuss alternate strategies to dealing with the problem. Personally, I agree with Dazzy that it's not necessary, because there are ways around hotel games, but that's beside the point.

How do you get around the hotel game? If the opponent is predictable, such as duel, sleep for 10 minutes, get up, duel, sleep for 10 minutes, then yes, I agree, there are ways to get around that "camper" and still duel that camper. However, that depends on your ability to "predict" when your target will wake up and duel. Against a smarter camper, it's extremenly difficult to even duel him.

In some of the wars I participated in, I used my free level 2 hotel to great advantage, acting more like a ninja, or special infiltration forces to frustrate the enemy town. Do I like this proposal? not entirely, but I believe it is necessary to implement to prevent abuse under the current system.

DeletedUser

Yes, it's easy if they're predictable, but if they're completely unpredictable, one 25-minute window instead of a 10-minute window to catch them awake during a 24-hour period probably won't make much of a difference.

Again, not the point of the thread. My post was actually more against Dazzy than you even though I agreed with him.

Edit: Of course if they're hitting once or twice a day, who cares?

DeletedUser

Yes, it's easy if they're predictable, but if they're completely unpredictable, one 25-minute window instead of a 10-minute window to catch them awake during a 24-hour period probably won't make much of a difference.

Again, not the point of the thread. My post was actually more against Dazzy than you even though I agreed with him.

Edit: Of course if they're hitting once or twice a day, who cares?

In one thread your saying there are ways around it, the next thread you admit that unpredictable campers are not so easy. So are you saying there is no way around a unpredictable camper?

I don't think this will end camping, but I do think it will slow it down. It's better than what we have now. I feel like I had a better idea, but campers didn't like it and had a fit. It would end camping. but like you said, that's for another thread.

I think here are some things to keep in mind about this subject:

1. campers usually are unpredictable
2. they target low level targets that are easy to beat, usually workers, thus taking less damage.
3. trying this delayed dueling tactic, it's pure luck if it works. I wouldn't count on it every time. Of course the more people you have to help you, ( or multi accounts you use) the better your odds. but still it's luck, not strategy. Strategy doesn't count on luck to succeed.
4. camping is not a strategic strategy, It's a cheesy way of playing. It's like playing a football game when your on your own 5 yard line and it's 4th down and 25 to go and your going for it.

I still support this idea because it's better than what we currently have.

DeletedUser

1. campers usually are unpredictable

Not true. They frequently follow a pattern. Find the pattern. Sleep. Queue a duel when they're awake. Cancel sleep a few minutes before they're due to be awake.

2. they target low level targets that are easy to beat, usually workers, thus taking less damage.

Not at all true in all cases.

3. trying this delayed dueling tactic, it's pure luck if it works. I wouldn't count on it every time. Of course the more people you have to help you, ( or multi accounts you use) the better your odds. but still it's luck, not strategy. Strategy doesn't count on luck to succeed.

I'm sorry, are you recommending multi accounts?

4. camping is not a strategic strategy, It's a cheesy way of playing. It's like playing a football game when your on your own 5 yard line and it's 4th down and 25 to go and your going for it.

Your analogy is utterly meaningless, especially without knowing the score and the clock situation, which could make it a viable strategy, but still meaningless because camping works.

DeletedUser

1. I said usually unpredictable. Some are easy, but it requires a lot of online time. Something none of us should have to do.

2. Possible not true in all cases, but most. Wouldn't you agree.

3. I didn't recommend multi accounts. When talking about coordinating with others, It's something I suspect is all. multi accounts coordinate rather well, It's a dead give away when they didn't have the creativity to change their names up much.

4. Sorry I didn't go in to detail for you. The cheesy way of playing football your winning by 42 and your going for it on 4th and 25 on your own 5 yard line. That is what camping reminds me of. If your losing and there is just a few seconds on the clock. That would be different. Let's move off this and get back to the subject.

DeletedUser

1. False. They are usually predictable. Campers do what they do to hit as many people as possible in relative safety. This means most of them hit, sleep for 10-15 minutes, hit, sleep for 10-15 minutes, etc.

2. Not always true, especially in war situations. They will try to KO the players that are giving their town the most trouble first then work their way down the list for personal gain.

3. Don't ever use multi-accounts as an example for a strategy. Multi-accounting is never acceptable and players who multi will be banned.

4. Camping is a strategy. It is not cheating. Your analogy still doesn't make sense. If you would like you may think of camping as simply taking cover in a building. Some outlaw comes to town, takes over the Hotel and shoots at people from the windows. The outlaw may come into your sights for a moment but quickly ducks his head back into safety where you can't get a shot. That would be a better analogy.

This is an idea to modify a valid fighting strategy in game. You may not like the strategy, you may not use it, but it is what it is. A 5 minute delay (15 total with duel time) is more than enough opportunity for a town to retaliate if a player is truly being a thorn in their side. This is The West not some carnival game where you pay $1 and get to shoot at tin cans for a prize. There should be some challenge to it, for campers as well as those seeking retaliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.