Votes: 102 32.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 212 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I like this idea. It wouldn't matter to me if I had to wait 10 or 15 minutes before I went to sleep. I don't duel but it wouldn't bother me if I had to wait for the timer to kick in and let me sleep. I'd just que up sleep and not worry about a wait time.

It would prevent a lot of the attack and hide tactics.

DeletedUser

I love the idea. I'm a builder and I hate people that hit and run

DeletedUser

If the goal is to prevent duelers to duel then duck into a hotel immediately, just flag it, if someone who attacked and just finished a duel, he/she is still vulnerable and can be dueled for another 10-15 minutes, provided dueling was already queued up.

This way, it's harder for duelers to grief workers without depriving dueler a chance to recover some HP after a combat by sleeping in a hotel.

DeletedUser

If the goal is to prevent duelers to duel then duck into a hotel immediately, just flag it, if someone who attacked and just finished a duel, he/she is still vulnerable and can be dueled for another 10-15 minutes, provided dueling was already queued up.

This way, it's harder for duelers to grief workers without depriving dueler a chance to recover some HP after a combat by sleeping in a hotel.

Yeah, I like this system.

I often have to hit the hotel after a duel for its intended use -- health and energy.

I don't want to sit idle for 15 minutes, or even worse, be unable to queue sleep immediately after a duel.

I'd rather enter the hotel and immediately start recovering health and energy, but not have duel immunity within 15-20 minutes of dueling another player.

DeletedUser

I disagree with the initial suggestion. The waiting time shouldn't be 15 minutes, but about 8 hours if this were implemented.

Not everyone is online all day and has the time to check every 15 minutes if there is an opportunity for a retaliation. With 8 hours, everyone would have a fair chance to retaliate.

DeletedUser363

I disagree with the initial suggestion. The waiting time shouldn't be 15 minutes, but about 8 hours if this were implemented.

Not everyone is online all day and has the time to check every 15 minutes if there is an opportunity for a retaliation. With 8 hours, everyone would have a fair chance to retaliate.
And how would you expect duelers to regain energy for doing jobs if we are not able to sleep in the hotel for 8 hours after dueling?

DeletedUser

Right... :blink:
You be crazy!

DeletedUser

Right... :blink:
You be crazy!

Yep, I'm Crazy :D

I like this idea. However, the only problem I see is when the person who attacked has come from a town more than 15 minutes away. Don't you have to be in a person's town to be able to attack/retaliate?

It would be good if any 2 people can duel provided they are in the same town at the same time and doesn't matter which town. Basically 2 people in 1 town then duel is on.

DeletedUser

I like this idea. However, the only problem I see is when the person who attacked has come from a town more than 15 minutes away. Don't you have to be in a person's town to be able to attack/retaliate?

Right. As mentioned before this feature is meant to prevent an attacker from using the hotel hiding method to prevent from being dueled. (Duel, Sleep, Duel, Sleep, etc). Changing where you travel to duel someone is a completely different thread. ;)

DeletedUser

Yes that's right but my point is, why bother having a 15 minute cooldown period when it is more than likely that you wont be attacked during this time anyway?

This is because the person you just attacked can't attack back now (retaliate) or defend until they go to the other town which is probably more than 15 minutes away.

DeletedUser

Let's keep this real shall we. Even workers would be complaining if you couldn't sleep for 8 hours after dueling someone.

Chances are you aren't going to be the one retaliating the attack on you anyway, it would be one of your team mates from your town.

15 minute wait time is good. 8 hour wait time is very bad.

DeletedUser

Yeah I agree 8 hours is far too long, I never said it wasn't. But I still say that 15 minutes even for your own town to retaliate, well lol, that's just a joke because your members are all in the same boat. Unless they are already at the attackers town then what really is the difference anyway?

DeletedUser

How about this scenario -

A small town member is ganged up on by a larger town. There are 5ppl camping his town. His only way to retaliate is to sleep at their town and do pop up duels, it's his only chance..how is this fair to him. If he has to wait 15min then 5ppl duel him at once. I have to say the pop-up duel sometimes is someones only chance when bigger towns camp him.

You all talk about fair - well having 5ppl attack you at once isn't fair either. So if you want 15min hotel wait after duel you should *only be able to be dueled 1 time total in that 15min. << sound familiar. :p Not 1x time by 5 different ppl.

DeletedUser

A small town member is ganged up on by a larger town. There are 5ppl camping his town. His only way to retaliate is to sleep at their town and do pop up duels, it's his only chance..how is this fair to him. If he has to wait 15min then 5ppl duel him at once. I have to say the pop-up duel sometimes is someones only chance when bigger towns camp him.

You all talk about fair - well having 5ppl attack you at once isn't fair either. So if you want 15min hotel wait after duel you should *only be able to be dueled 1 time total in that 15min. << sound familiar. :p Not 1x time by 5 different ppl.

So you're basically saying that team-work should be frowned upon? Honestly if any town can coordinate an attack like that (within such a small time frame) and they're not multi-accounting then my hat's off to them.

You've actually described the exact scenario why this is such a big issue, but I don't think you realized it. By using this tactic the one fighter can successfully evade attack from 5 other players simply because there's no delay in attack/sleep queuing. And when all of these players use the same tactic .... snore-fest.

DeletedUser

If you want a fair game to play, this is not the place to come looking for what you're describing as "fair." How do you think the duelers would feel when they can't even attack someone because one of their friends already has?

DeletedUser

Exactly. I'm not the one thinking this idea is good to wait for hotel sleep. That is the point. The game is not fair, so let people pop-up duel.

The two responses above are so hypocritcal. lol

DeletedUser

This is not about game fairness, that is impossible in this kind of games. While you may outclass people in skills or numbers ingame, offering an increase in the uneveness of playground that can be contributed to real life restrictions will not improve this game.

The suggested 15 minute cool down will not be used in towns with people with real life jobs that are not ~100% computer related jobs.
In the unlikely event that a person in a town reports having been dueled within 15 minutes after the event, the odds of someone reading it within those same 15 minutes are still close to zero.

This 15 minute suggestion does not create inequality based on skills or talents, but on activity. It promotes compulsory login behaviour and will therefor not improve the game, but

It will only increase real life social disfunctioning :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah Ouadai lets make a rule that people can only log in one time a day or even better people can only log in when you are online :blink:

DeletedUser

No need to be sarcastic MoSa1 :blink:

There are alternative solutions to the problem at hand and I offered at least two that where put down by various forum visitors for other reasons.

There is nothing wrong in principle with logging in twice a day. The automation upgrade appears to be made for it in fact. People can login right before breakfast and right after diner and have there hero (heroine) work & sleep almost all day.

While people here continuously complain about the disadvantages for people using certain professions (dueler, worker, etc) when changes are discussed, they rarely show any consideration to the more profound limitations to playing styles induced by real life boundaries.

Now drop your misplaced lame sarcasm and show the real flaws in my argumentation will you? :mad: That is, if you are able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.