Votes: 102 32.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 212 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

LOL I thought you were the one being sarcastic with the 8hrs cooldown , but evidently not:eek:hmy:

So are you saying that duellers with every day jobs not necessarily computer based would need to be left in the open for 8 hrs after a duel.

Or perhaps you are meaning that people should be able to duel others if they are sleeping if they have dueled in the 8hrs previous to queing up a sleep?

Either way the 8hrs is excessive , there seems to be a broad consensus that the duel / sleep/ duel / sleep type player is difficult to counter, and with the 15 minute proposal it would still be difficult but not impossible.

As for showing any consideration to the more profound limitations to playing styles induced by real life boundaries, how many players would the 8hrs cooldown help regardless of class?

My guess would be less than 1% ....... and that would be the 1% that you come under ;)

Here's a revolutionary thought maybe if the idea's benefited the many and not the few they would get a better reception even better if they benefited the game, but thats maybe asking for too much :sad:

The Iceman

This is not rocket science

Example: If a player is camping a town and continually dueling and ducking, making him impossible to duel, then a player from the town he is camping, could go to the town he is from and be waiting to duel him after he has dueled someone from that town
He wouldn't be so keen to camp a town, if there was the ability to retaliate, from other members of the town in question

There is a player in World 1 that has camped 3 towns that are very close together for over 2 months straight
He gets an average of 3 xp to 5 xp by dueling and knocking out the workers, who never carry any cash
It has to be pure vindictiveness, as he gains nothing for his efforts
He has not progressed in levels in the game in all that time and has remained at Level 54 dueling level 86

If he was exposed for 15 minutes after dueling someone, instead of having the opportunity to scurry straigh back to the Hotel after a duel, do you think he would continue to use those despicable tactics?
I think not

All I am saying is, it would level the playing field, if he was out in the open for 15 minutes, after a duel and could therefore be challenged to a duel, without the opportunity to run and hide in the Hotel after every duel

So all that would be required, would be a 15 minute countdown timer after a duel, to put Hotels off limits for that 15 minute period

It would stop cowards from scurrying to a Hotel, to avoid retaliation

It puts me in mind of a 16 year old school bully that picks on a 12 year old
As soon as the 12 year old kid's big brother shows up, the bully runs and hides in his house :laugh:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

8hrs is way too excessive. and i really don't care if i can't immediately retaliate, i'll wait a week to retaliate if i feel like it. how long it takes or whether i won or not doesn't matter, all that matters is i punish them for attempting to duel either me or one of my town members. it works well. i don't think many duelers want to get challenged by a dueling level 97 dueler. and those who would want to have a dueling level too high to attack the workers, so its all good.

DeletedUser

I think the Attacking and sleeping method is rather sneaky and something which wouldnt of happened in the real wild west :p if someone had come to your town....killed someone and then went to sleep.. you wouldn't wait, you'd go throw his ass outta the hotel and set up the firing squad XD

I think you should be able to thorw ppl out of your hotel if you don't want them there (or at least get some of the money that the hotel makes!)... or if for example you go to town A to duel someone... then your not allowed to stay in town A's hotel.... or charge 10x as much to do so (but money goes to town! :p)

Rip

DeletedUser

I think the Attacking and sleeping method is rather sneaky and something which wouldnt of happened in the real wild west :p if someone had come to your town....killed someone and then went to sleep.. you wouldn't wait, you'd go throw his ass outta the hotel and set up the firing squad XD

I think you should be able to thorw ppl out of your hotel if you don't want them there (or at least get some of the money that the hotel makes!)... or if for example you go to town A to duel someone... then your not allowed to stay in town A's hotel.... or charge 10x as much to do so (but money goes to town! :p)

Rip

that would just be a way for towns to fight each other. might be a motive for duelers to be more moral though.

DeletedUser

This is absolutely something that needs to be implemented in The West, although I would suggest that a 10 minute cool down period would be better for the sake of consistency (10 minutes to duel, 10 minutes to cool down).

I also feel that this should be a global implementation. Most people are not sitting in town when they queue up sleep, but rather are coming off a job and, hey, lets be real here...most jobs are far enough away that the cool down would pass while traveling back to town. Because of this, I see no reason at all why it would upset the routine of almost all players, regardless of their class or build. The only ones who's routines it would upset would be those who choose to exploit the current game mechanics.

If I can camp a town who is also camping my town, I fully expect to take whatever it is that I intend to dish out. If others can gang up on me and bring me down, so be it...at least I have also had the same opportunity. Otherwise, I simply hit a hotel when I am low on health or low on energy. Most of the time I just wait to do this until I hit the pillow in real life, even if I am camping a town.

However, there are too many people who play this game who seem to think that there is something 'clever' about the hide/hit/hide hotel exploitation. It's not clever, it's just cowardly. It spits in the face of the spirit of the game, and I am adamant about not using this 'tactic'.

I'm all for a good fight. Big, ugly, mutually devastating bloody brutal fights are why I play The West. lol. Exploitations like this make the game about as entertaining as slapping my forehead with a wet noodle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is absolutely something that needs to be implemented in The West, although I would suggest that a 10 minute cool down period would be better for the sake of consistency (10 minutes to duel, 10 minutes to cool down).
that would mean that the payer who just got attacked would have to open the report, see what happened, change clothes, adjust their dueling stance, and then challenge the other player in literally no time. that doesn't make sense. thats why the suggestion is for 15 min not 10, cause if the player gets into the hotel before the end of the 10min, then the duel doesn't happen, and the dueler is protected.

I also feel that this should be a global implementation. Most people are not sitting in town when they queue up sleep, but rather are coming off a job and, hey, lets be real here...most jobs are far enough away that the cool down would pass while traveling back to town. Because of this, I see no reason at all why it would upset the routine of almost all players, regardless of their class or build. The only ones who's routines it would upset would be those who choose to exploit the current game mechanics.
those who are building their town would be penalized if it were implemented globally. they would be vulnerable to attack for another 15min. that wouldn't be any help to builders.

Diggo11

Definitely one of the better ideas on this forum.

Although it should definitely be challengers (anyone irrespective of class who instigates a duel) only. Let's keep things in proportion, the system is to stop hit and run campers, not inconvenience the entire community. Also if it applied to non-duellers also then it would allow these hit and run campers to co-ordinate against workers in this time, which defeats the purpose of the system.

Also I think the 15 minutes is fine, given the provisions outlined in the first couple of pages. (Whoever said 8 hours is completely nuts.)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

just to clarify before someone jumps down your throat , when you said just for duellers you didnt mean the dueller class , but you meant after a duel no matter if it was a dueller soldier adventurer or even worker that instigated the duel ?;)

DeletedUser

I will be there to vote for a 15 minute cool down period, excellent idea!!

DeletedUser

LOL I thought you were the one being sarcastic with the 8hrs cooldown , but ...

Mosa1,

You posts so far fail to address my arguments beyond the point of personal addressed flames. It's a highly disappointing way to be addressed under any condition.

Your 1% dislike is highly likely to come true. At least for those who visit these forums. I'm aware that the forum poll is not going to be the first true activity contest in this game, but to reduce the required activity span to 15 minutes remains madness. No post I've seen has really countered that idiocy yet.

Those who will suffer are casual players and members of small towns. I pitty them if this is introduced.

Regards,
Ouadai

DeletedUser

I would vote yes on this idea, because something needs to be changed right now. but the time has to be different, 15 minutes just isn't long enough.

Like Ouadai said. The casual player and those who have a life outside of this game will not benefit from this being 15 minutes. This game is designed so that players could log on once or twice a day, and that would be fine. Then some Hotel bandit comes along and they choose to quit playing instead of waiting for that 15 minute window. You haft to have access to a computer all day waiting for that 15 minute window to work. Some players might have time for that, but not all of us.

I know if you have a camper in your town, It's get really annoying after a couple of days. Sooner or later you or your town mates will be in their town waiting for them to come out. The 15 minute window will give you that chance, but who wants to spend all day, checking for that chance. One of the great things about this game is you can cue up some tasks and leave it alone for awhile and your still playing the game while your out enjoying the real life day.

I like the thought, just 15 minutes is too short. consider those who just don't have that kind of time.

DeletedUser

Mosa1,

You posts so far fail to address my arguments beyond the point of personal addressed flames. It's a highly disappointing way to be addressed under any condition.

Your 1% dislike is highly likely to come true. At least for those who visit these forums. I'm aware that the forum poll is not going to be the first true activity contest in this game, but to reduce the required activity span to 15 minutes remains madness. No post I've seen has really countered that idiocy yet.

Those who will suffer are casual players and members of small towns. I pitty them if this is introduced.

Regards,
Ouadai

You say I fail to address your arguments .... :eek:hmy:

what arguments ?

All I have seen is how you would like to change a perfectly reasonable idea to suit yourself as a casual user with limited online access.

There has been many that have added constructive critisism and pointed out potential pitfalls to this idea , and to a point it has been adapted taking them into consideration over this discussion.

However Your input about it should be 8hrs delay shows a remarkable lack of consideration for everyone else that plays the game, and quite frankly a total lack of interest on how it would hinder everyone else.

""Your 1% dislike is highly likely to come true."" << I have no idea what you are even talking about there

To infer that introducing a 15 minute cooldown after duels would somehow lead to social disfunction and what was it you said again "promote compulsive behavior " ...... well that is just mind boggling :nowink:

I sincerely hope you have misunderstood the entire point of the thread
You call the OP Idiocy, because you have failed to understand that nowhere in this thread is anyone saying that its nessesary to log on every 15 mins
I suggest that you go back to the beginning again and read right through it.

Once you have then consider whether it will be an improvement to the game /gameplay of the many and edit your posts accordingly.

Diggo11

So do we agree?

~ 15 minutes cool down
~ Only applies to the challenger of a duel (irrespective of class)
~ Timed after last duel (so includes travel time)
~ Known as "Check In Time"
~ You are still allowed to schedule the Hotel during Check In Time, but the sleep can't begin until Check In Time has expired

Last edited:

DeletedUser

James I really dont see the logic there If you aren't online when you are attacked or whoever is hunting the camper isnt then that's tough.

If you are then good luck you now have a slightly bigger window to try to get him before he slinks into the hotel.

Are you really implying that duellers cannot use hotels because at some point they have duelled someone?

Where do you draw the line 30mins , 1hr after a duel , go as far as 8hrs like Oudai wants , why not just ban hotels to anyone who has duelled that day:p

If you haven't been online and you log in to find you have been attacked hours ago , then you check the person who attacked you and hes sleeping ... so what ... get him another time.

This fix is designed to counter the continual grieffer using the sleep hit sleep hit tactic.

It has nothing to do with someone logging in and finding they were attacked hours ago and wanting instant revenge.

DeletedUser

MoSa1

I think 8 hours is way too long, 15 minutes is too short.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 15 minutes starts after the duel is over right? That would make it a total of 25 minutes they would be out of the hotel?

If a person camps your town for days or even months like I have seen. This does help you get retaliation. It's better than what we currently have. I just want a bigger window than 15 minutes is all. Maybe the 10 minute duel + 30 minutes cool down time = 40 minutes. I think that would be better, without going too far. I know that's not a lot more time. but either should get a camper to rethink their strategy.

When your trying to get a camper out of your town. You should already be in his town, so should your town mates. You still have to log on and find them out of the hotel. When I've tried to get a camper, there has been times where I never saw him out of the hotel for a days. but yet he was still hitting low level targets in my town. The guy would duel my town mates while I was sleeping in real life. Then his character slept while I was awake in real life. No matter what, to get them is going to take some effort, but I'm not going to stay up all night just to get them back, because they live on the other side of the Earth. Even the players that log on a lot, won't do that. That's just one more reason for more time, let alone the players that log on once or twice a day.

I will vote for this idea, 15 minutes or 30 minutes or whatever it winds up being. Anything is better than what we have now. I think it will reduce the camping but not eliminate it. but I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.