1.30 Changes to Fort Rewards

Do you like the new fort rewards system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser20647

No, a hider will - I think that's what this new system is going to encourge, but who knows.

DeletedUser

why try to find ways to manipulate and abuse a system in this game? let alone one that has not even come in to the game yet. i dont get it, can things not be left to a bit of luck and just having a good fort battle? instead of all this organised losing this and losing that.

hopefully the new system will make this harder as said by others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

:mad:I like the idea, definite improvement and agree that we should just stop trying to "figure it out" and just have some good battles!:mad:

Anyway, I do not think that this will stop push battles, just now they have to be good push battles...

It seems to me all the new system has done is take cash out of the equation. It also however encourages people to not be so worried about survival knowing they still have a chance to get an item...

All in all good system, but if it works then an all out "ban" on push fights should be enforced, Otherwise, all you are doing is creating a system where push fights havent changed we are all just fully dressed and don't have a "buy in"

DeletedUser

so now instead of cash battles there will be more people hiding and sniping for there own stat padding?

DeletedUser22575

so now instead of cash battles there will be more people hiding and sniping for there own stat padding?

Don't be so sure about that. If we discover what "achievements" Diggo mentioned are the factor, it will become pretty easy.
Examples?
If fort medals are the key, we can rank only fighters with medals.
If damage dealt is the key, we can set a fully equipped player on his class tower and enter the fight on the other side - naked, with only a bear equipped.
If the damage taken is the key, we play the same as above.
We just need some testing. ;)

The only problem that will remain is how to get the biggest box available only in big forts... But... In time we should be able to discover that too. :evil grin:

Rat it is going to come down to the player just like any other change.

Players can either go to the fort fights with the intent of tearing apart and analyzing the system for their own gain, or as you said there will be more hiding and sniping for their own gain..

or they can go there with the goal being for them to do the best they can and have fun.

Its just part of "the west life" and not much can be done about it.

But that does not mean this is not better than the current push fort system being used.

DeletedUser

I'd just like to point out that joxer wasn't trying figure out how to manipulate or abuse the new system he was trying say my statement was untrue..... Imo it'll be alot harder to abuse, and I think people who want to manipulate the new rewards system will have hard time doing so.

DeletedUser

thanks chikean, yes I ment that.
but if I do discover what affects new drops, I'll post it on the forum secrets. let's just hope it's something you can't manipulate at all or is so hard to manipulate that players will be discouraged trying it. ;)

DeletedUser

The exact secret formula might never be known but eventually players will of course know some of its major components,it's just a matter of paying attention and trial and errors:
Tens of thousands of motivated and dedicated fans > secret formula.

But potential issues and problems cannot stop the pursuit of excellence,you got to be willing to fail in order to succeed.Eventually there is going to be a much better model than we have had so far.If 1.3 isn't the right winning fort battle combination they can always add more secret ingredients to that secret sauce in 1.31 or later :up:

Edit note: Considering the polls are showing 66 yes and only 2 No at this time and that there are well over 100 fort battles scheduled in the beta right now where 1.3 is active,i think it's safe to assume that players are pretty much interested in the new system and willing to try it.

DeletedUser16008

Not that its likely to affect me at all but....

Why cant the drop of a chest be totally random ? that is, nothing at all to do with any formula or performance ?

ALL players should be equally welcome in a fort battle whatever their build or level, a random chance equal for all would have encouraged more attending.

The way this sounds is yes it will encourage hiders and pure fort fighters and discriminate vs low lvl players for selection even more.

A formula will mean the usual working out and after abuse of the system by those hell bent on tweaking to the max for the benefits...

I voted no, not because I agree with cash battles because I dont, but more simply for the fact that this new "system" will just create the same problems a cash battle has done. Elitism

People always wish to manipulate things rather than just enjoy the game, seems to me the new system will just encourage the same old thing.

DeletedUser

3-20 chests can be found?

how many people will get lucky if kernelru is correct:

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=43473&page=4

perhaps we should wait for the update and try a battle of two before we vote in this pole?
Did i say 3-20 chest?
No,3 chest maximum.
there 3 types of chest STEEL,IRON,WOOD
in steel its most expensive and you can find very rare-fancy stuff even 3rd key,earps,etc...
in iron also not bad stuff and wood usually some crap,but sometimes very good rare drops.
In 1 battle you can find maximum 3 chest if you are very lucky.
Still all chest could contain bandanas :))))

Yes and its best reward system.Better that cash battles.
In cash battle you must spend money,but now PURE FORT FIGHTERS can be awarded.cuz longer stay in battle.many dodge,good damage,many hits.So all together gives good reports.

But before 1.29(include) no such a good reward for PURE fighters.And skill which pure fighter have .No jobs,just nothing.

many battles tested allready and alot of good stuff.ofc not every battle.And according to ZET(developer) in big forts will be better award.More ppl die in fort battle-more award.

I`m glad what i have pure fort fighter skills in arizona ;)

Best Regards

DeletedUser

kernel what about us who are not pure fort fighters? i mean... i don't know what a pure fort fighter is, you mention arizona, i've seen pure FMS players put on their profile that they're pure fort fighters on that world. :)

DeletedUser

In a tough drawn out battle, expect approximately 3 - 20 chests to be handed out amongst both sides. The overall number of chests to be distributed will depend upon the number of players at the battle, the size of the fort and a few other unknown variables.

This is what i was referring to.
Now Kernelru, If one person can find up to 3 chests, and there is a max of around 20 chests (I presume at a large fort) how many people will actually find something? I hope the drop rate won't be that much smaller than in previous cash battles, or else there will be a lot of disgruntled players out there...
All I'm saying is that we should wait for the update, and actually try a couple battles out before we voice our (dis)approval.
As a former cash battle organizer, I too hope this will be all what I have heard it will be!

DeletedUser20647

^ Don't forget that at every single battle those 3-20 chests will be dropped, not just 'cash battles'.

DeletedUser

Wow, if Kernerlu is correct, then the 3-20 chests will not go to 3-20 players, but multiple chests could go to the same player. Thats... depressing.

I am a little worried though - although there is a large pool of players in W11 that attend fort battles, its the same pool of 15~25 players who end up as top performers, and I ain't one of them. So, not sure what is going to happen non-tanked up players. A lot of players in W11 hit 99 and started tanking up not bothering about jobs, and they end up taking point and performing well in fort fights. It'll be a shame if they get the big rewards for starting the game early!

DeletedUser16008

We shall have to see what happens, however if it is indeed geared towards fort builds and performance then it will be a shame.

I didn't see Fort Fighter as a class last time I checked and would be disappointed if rewards go to those geared up as such. Its not like any other specific build gets special rewards and drops is it ?

DeletedUser

i agree with victor. it should be completely random.

if it is like a cash battle and you have to survive for a drop, then people will be even more hesitant to swap out when someone else is taking all the heat

why should the guys that refuse to work as a team be the ones reaping the rewards?

but yes, we will have to wait and see.

special medals for certain fort battle achievements i can see, just like there is for questers and duelers(even tho already have participation and winner medals) but drops based on results would be a ruination in my opinion