1.30 Changes to Fort Rewards

Do you like the new fort rewards system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diggo11

I am sure many of you are curious about the changes to the cash fort battles. Now that de1 has been updated, I am able to tell you that cash fort battles will cease to exist, yet a skilled fighter will still have many opportunities to receive the big rewards. Read on for details:

As of 1.30, cash battles are being removed from the game. Any money brought to battles shall have no effect whatsoever, but is instead taxed and then distributed amongst survivors. I cannot confirm whether taxed cash is distributed equally or through a reward formula similar to XP.

To replace the cash battle rewards, chests will be distributed amongst battle participants using a secret formula. This formula will be based on individual and team achievements, with no requirements to be on the winning team and survive to receive one, and will not be influenced by brought cash.

In a tough drawn out battle, expect approximately 3 - 20 chests to be handed out amongst both sides. The overall number of chests to be distributed will depend upon the number of players at the battle, the size of the fort and a few other unknown variables.

The chests will come in three sizes, with larger chests generally containing higher quality items. Small chests can still hold big rewards, but this will be far less common than in larger chests. The largest chest can only be found in medium and big forts, but apart from that all types of chests can be found at any size fort.

The chests will contain random items that are either unique to reward chests, or otherwise difficult to obtain by other methods. This has been confirmed to include the glowing weapons, and presumed to include the third Key. According to Zet, if more than eleven chests are handed out at a battle with at least seventy players, there is a "fair chance" that at least one chest will contain "high quality gear stuff".

DeletedUser

Like. This way everyone have chance to get shiny items sooner or later but they have chances and this will motivate more players to come in fort fight, great! :up:

Deleted User - 1278415

Awesome news. I may start attending more battles again.

DeletedUser

It doesn't really bother me but i think less
dueling on Arizona.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well this new game mechanics pretty mutch ends forbattles for lower level players unless it is some outskirt fort with a battle in the middle of the night.

In general im all for performance based rewards rather than money but an alliance does not need to grow very large before lower level players start getting booted from battles :mad:
( guessing there will be a whole lot of interest in fortbattles from players that have not bothered with them before )

And it will only get worse from here on im guessing allot of pure fortfighters will pop up in the near future and those who will no comit 100 % to fortfighting with the fortfighing builds will have no place in the battles in the future and that part i do not like so mutch :(

But they could always make it possible to hand out more tickets to the party !
Large fort battle with every possible squre filled now that would be a fun battle :p

Noobmic

I love it how it sounds and hope with this update players will not be afraid to be in front line and die because in the end they died for the team so they are awarded accordingly.

DeletedUser

I don't want high quality gear stuff, I want the third key.
But I vote yes - of course.
Push fort fights are one of the worst game desings I've seen in years. Thank god they're history.

DeletedUser

Sounds good ,looks good and is definitively worth trying something different than we had before.

If in fact lower level players have no chance of getting rewards in this new system i am sure something will be done about it to help with that,got to remember that in the past most low level players couldn't get into cash battles anyways.

DeletedUser

Well this new game mechanics pretty mutch ends forbattles for lower level players unless it is some outskirt fort with a battle in the middle of the night.

In general im all for performance based rewards rather than money but an alliance does not need to grow very large before lower level players start getting booted from battles :mad:
( guessing there will be a whole lot of interest in fortbattles from players that have not bothered with them before )

And it will only get worse from here on im guessing allot of pure fortfighters will pop up in the near future and those who will no comit 100 % to fortfighting with the fortfighing builds will have no place in the battles in the future and that part i do not like so mutch :(

But they could always make it possible to hand out more tickets to the party !
Large fort battle with every possible squre filled now that would be a fun battle :p

No cash battles= more cash lying around
More cash means more battles can be called, if they start overfilling call two battles and distribute players between them. (Multi's,in my opinion, aren't dirty tactics if you fill both or at least make an attempt at both).

Things tend to work themselves out anyway so don't worry about it :cool:

And I like your every square filled idea, sounds messy but fun XD

DeletedUser

Awesome news. I may start attending more battles again.

im hoping this will be added incentive for lots of people to go to battles even if they will only be offline, the possible chance of finding something shiney will surely make even those 'not built' for fort battles turn up! :D

Chickean, im sure most multis start with the idea that both can be filled lol

Below me, onliners will still get priority at battles winning the battle will still be the main aim ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22085

what a great way to improve fort battles and make them more common

DeletedUser

Chickean, im sure most multis start with the idea that both can be filled lol

;)

Lol Not when they're trying to split your fighters by calling two or three battles within an hour of each other, walking distance between them is >1hr and the attackers only attend one battle.

:dastardly:

I'm really liking this formula better than the current one, alot harder to abuse.

DeletedUser

Lol Not when they're trying to split your fighters by calling two or three battles within an hour of each other, walking distance between them is >1hr and the attackers only attend one battle.

:dastardly:

I'm really liking this formula better than the current one, alot harder to abuse.

my comment was a bit tongue in cheek as i have seen people claim they intend to fill both or all 3 on a number of occasions on a number of worlds and it never quite happens that way lol

i dont like multi's at all personally, doesnt matter if some are diversions or you think you will fill them all, always ends up in lame battles....

which bringing things back on topic lol

means rubbish exp and now by the sounds of things rubbish drops. so full competitive battles will be rewarded with better exp and better drops, sounds like it can only be a good thing this formula :)

DeletedUser

means rubbish exp and now by the sounds of things rubbish drops. so full competitive battles will be rewarded with better exp and better drops, sounds like it can only be a good thing this formula :)
Very good point.

My beta character is a pathetic fort fighter, so I'm probably not going to be finding a chest until it arrives here on .net, can't wait.
:blink:

DeletedUser

Don't be so sure about that. If we discover what "achievements" Diggo mentioned are the factor, it will become pretty easy.
Examples?
If fort medals are the key, we can rank only fighters with medals.
If damage dealt is the key, we can set a fully equipped player on his class tower and enter the fight on the other side - naked, with only a bear equipped.
If the damage taken is the key, we play the same as above.
We just need some testing. ;)

The only problem that will remain is how to get the biggest box available only in big forts... But... In time we should be able to discover that too. :evil grin:

DeletedUser

Don't be so sure about that. If we discover what "achievements" Diggo mentioned are the factor, it will become pretty easy.
Examples?
If fort medals are the key, we can rank only fighters with medals.
If damage dealt is the key, we can set a fully equipped player on his class tower and enter the fight on the other side - naked, with only a bear equipped.
If the damage taken is the key, we play the same as above.
We just need some testing. ;)

The only problem that will remain is how to get the biggest box available only in big forts... But... In time we should be able to discover that too. :evil grin:

By my reckoning it'll still be more complicated than simply dropping money and hoping for the best, then again it might be used to give rewards more specifically rather than just the lucky getting Good drops.

Well, time will tell.

DeletedUser

hmmm , probably people will start alliance friendly fort battle :p FOR FIND CHEST :D
this will be funny :p

DeletedUser

Finally, now a good fortfighter will be rewarded for his performance :)