The Easter Showdown discussion

jarograv

My problem is that they said we will "barely lose (if at all)" I have lost 13 out of about 30 duels, that sounds like you were a bit misleading, no?

DeletedUser22685

I mean, why i should pay 25 bonds for something is free?

Because it's 25 nuggets to reset the timer even when you don't lose. Nothing changes in that regard. The idea of making the next duel free when you lose to one of the nugget NPCs is so that it's impossible for you to spend your nuggets and get nothing. When something is already free, you can't make it even more free.

Futu pls teach me what to do whit my 8 h w8 period...i have to w8 8 h instead of 6.I tried refreshing and CTRL+F5...i cleared my caches...what else?

Is your computer clock set correctly?

jarograv said:
My problem is that they said we will "barely lose (if at all)" I have lost 13 out of about 30 duels, that sounds like you were a bit misleading, no?

It used to be almost impossible to lose, this was changed when rolled out in public to make it a little harder but still very much possible to win most of your duels. I tried with all kinds of builds, winning at about 87% with a full duel build and the win percentage increasing as I moved points out of duel skills (unfortunate, but meh). With no duel skills and pure appearance clothes you'll win every duel. I am still not quite sure why people are losing so often when even without appearance gear I was winning at rates I mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17612

i read somewhere, they increased the difficulty of duels after the firts tests.
But the announcement was made before tests were done.

DeletedUser35304

Now it is...and it's working:D.I could kiss u Futu but i'm not into bags u know...pls don;t fell bad :)))))
Thx a lot for the help. :)

DeletedUser34781

If you are losing your duels... wear alot appearance gear i have been told does the trick.

i got to 42 streak doing so

DeletedUser

Granted, as in any random situation, there will be people who win most of the time and those that lose most of the time. Maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones this time. It won't be making any new friends for Inno though. Those who win most of the time will expect it, and those who mostly lose will be upset.

I would be curious if most of the losers have a charisma build since other builds have a distinct advantage over charisma in dueling a mirror opponent. A person with 100 charisma who uses 40 appearance in their clothes will have only 140-100 advantage over the NPC because they give away 100 tactics, whereas any other builds with same clothes would have a 40-0 advantage, and win a lot more. Sad if they have made a "free" giveaway that penalizes a certain build.

DeletedUser22685

Like I said though, I tested this with 0 appearance and 100 tactics (also 400 aim and dodge) and still won 90% of my duels.

DeletedUser

Like I said though, I tested this with 0 appearance and 100 tactics (also 400 aim and dodge) and still won 90% of my duels.

yes Futu, they can be easily beat with proper duel gear (regardless of skills), but this is far from Twista's announcement: "The bandits' duelling skills are quite weak; it is intended that players very rarely (if ever) lose."

fortunately, we can do it 3 times a day and everyone should learn how to do it after 1 day.

DeletedUser

Fair enough. But the NPC uses a different weapon, so its not an identical mirror. Perhaps it mirrors your build and level, but uses its own dueling clothes. Maybe a pattern will develop. Still early.

DeletedUser19518

I am 120lvl and got a Potion of Minor Wisdom (1% experience for next nevel)... How can i use that?

DeletedUser22685

You get the same amount of exp at level 120 as you do at level 119. Meaning you get 1% of the exp between 119 and 120.

DeletedUser34315

Does the winner of the best win streak get the 3 clothing sets, or the three complete sets, IE clothes, saddle, and horse?

DeletedUser

Where is the duel icon

Where should the dueling icon appear it's 28th today but I see nothing on my map at least with the Christmas Tombola there was something to click on to initiate it?

Seems to be a bug the Easter Egg does not show up in Firefox windows only in Opera is there a work around?

Last edited by a moderator: