The Easter Showdown discussion

Ripwise

Where should the dueling icon appear it's 28th today but I see nothing on my map at least with the Christmas Tombola there was something to click on to initiate it?

There should be blue easter egg under your avatar. If you dont see easter egg maybe some script you have installed in your browser is blocking it from showing. Disable scripts one by one, refresh game and see if it will show up.

DeletedUser35143

I won 100% so far, I am not a really good dueler. I just have some appearance (at first wielded gents set which made me have 100+ appearance)

But it doesn't matter I can't be first anyway.
(too bad second and third dont get something (2nd gets 2 sets 3rd gets one)

DeletedUser20296

Hi
Do we have the set bonuses for all the horse+saddle sets?
Thanks

DeletedUser14006

Freeman's Horse & Saddle

+3 Strength
+10 Tactics
+10 Vigor

Doc's Horse & Saddle

+3 Dexterity
+10 Tactics
+10 Shooting

Cartwright's Horse & Saddle

+50% Luck
+3 Charisma
+1 Dexterity
+1 Mobility
+1 Strength
+10 Repairing

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I won 100% so far, I am not a really good dueler. I just have some appearance (at first wielded gents set which made me have 100+ appearance)

But it doesn't matter I can't be first anyway.
(too bad second and third dont get something (2nd gets 2 sets 3rd gets one)

In situations like this, only the premium players will have a shot. There should be two categories for winning. One for premium players, one for the non-premium players. It's like saying those who can't afford to be premium players aren't allowed to play for the prize.

DeletedUser

Everyone - say praise and thank yous for all the premum players who pay money.

Its what makes this game free to play for me (although im not playing too much due to rl)

But seriously ... angry you didnt get what you want ?? Buy it on the market later .... its free ... someone paid real money for this

DeletedUser

Personally, I'm not angry at all. :) I can just see both sides of the situation.

My only problem is the fact that some of those premium players are basically just bullies and use their better equipment to pick on people. That's an indictment on the individuals that do that, not on premium players in general.

DeletedUser

So even if I pay 25/150/800 nuggets to be able to get those higher tier prizes I can still lose a duel and then will have to pay even more to get my prize??

I liked x-mass tombola but this just seems like an elaborate way to get more bonds/nuggets from players.

DeletedUser14006

So even if I pay 25/150/800 nuggets to be able to get those higher tier prizes I can still lose a duel and then will have to pay even more to get my prize??

I liked x-mass tombola but this just seems like an elaborate way to get more bonds/nuggets from players.

The way it has been explained to work in the event that you lose a duel is that you have the option to bribe the NPC opponent for 25 bonds or nuggets to change the official results which rewards you with your prize immediately.

If you choose not to pay the bribe then you must wait 6 hours to re-duel this opponent but second time around the initial fee is not applicable.

Losing a duel does not mean you lose your nuggets, it simply punishes you and makes you wait another 6 hours to finish what you started, unless you are willing to pay 25 bonds or nuggets to bypass this stage.

DeletedUser

Well here's my two-pennorth.

I've been a non-paying player/njub up until now (just 5 months on TW), and so far I'm loving the game and enjoying the Easter event perfectly ok, even at the "Big Fred once per 6 hours" level.

Let me add, I have no problem with pay-to-play/win, and I've done that on plenty other sites in the past. I completely get it that the companies need to make money, and that's how the dynamics of these games work. And yup, the prizes on this event are excellent, and pretty tempting. So I think, "hey, maybe I'll get some nugs, take a few shots at the big guy".

Then I look at the prices. You have to be kidding. *lol* £20 will get me 5/4 of a spin? So the £50-60 or so I might have considered spending, I can get 3 duels, and if I was very unlucky, I could finish up with three potions?

Not on this earth or Fullers. I don't button up the back! *just laughs and puts the card back in the wallet!*

DeletedUser

I'll only address a couple of you counterpoints because it's late. I'm tired.

I 100% disagree with your opinion on this, if everything was obtainable without having to pay for it then why would anyone opt to pay for it in the first place.

Not so. I, and quite a few other people, bought nuggets every 14 days for YEARS to obtain the exact same items that the F2P players could obtain. I was simply paying for the opportunity to acquire them faster. Or to minimize the idle time my character had while I was actually at work earning the money that I was handing over to Inno when I got home.

Again, if you're going to run a game with a Free 2 Play option, you have to give a decent incentive for those F2P players to stick around and potentially either bring in other players (who could pay) or eventually decide to pay themselves. Without balance, there's no incentive for the F2P players to stick around or spread the word about the game.

...as your idea does not support the interests of the company that run the game as they would lose out big in nugget purchases and without them the game would not be further developed and maybe even cease to exist.

See above. Pretty simple marketing strategy. And the one that the whole Free 2 Play concept was founded on. You don't make the game so imbalanced for the payers that the non-payers leave. I would still guess that the large number of casual payers made a lot more money over the long term for Inno than the current small batch of big spenders. Difference is, that money comes in quicker lumps right now. This doesn't speak well for the long-term intentions for this game.

Who knows. Since the number of active players has severely diminished over the last couple of years, it probably makes more sense to Inno to get what they can out of the small group left who are willing to pay. F2P only works if you have enough total players to offset the expenses of the free players with the casual and regular purchasers. I just find it sad that their solution is to appeal more to paying players rather than trying to bring in more total players.

DeletedUser

The way it has been explained to work in the event that you lose a duel is that you have the option to bribe the NPC opponent for 25 bonds or nuggets to
Lost a duel and only had left 11 bonds+5 nuggets (good thing it was a free one).Learned not to duel with out nuggets/bonds on me.

DeletedUser

Thanks Ripwise

There should be blue easter egg under your avatar. If you dont see easter egg maybe some script you have installed in your browser is blocking it from showing. Disable scripts one by one, refresh game and see if it will show up.
It seems to be The West Fort manager script, I disabled them all and the egg appeared, I then reactivated the scripts one at a time, when I got to The Fort Manger script it dissapeared, after I deactivated it again the egg came back. I carried on reactivating all the other scripts with no problems so have just deleted the Fort Manger script I never used it much anyway.
On the same subject do you know how to install an older version of a script my tw.db.onfo cloth calc is V2.03 but game says the maximum compatible version is 2.02

DeletedUser

I bet a lot of people are aiming at shoulders and head and are losing. Just aim at hands and you shouldn't lose often.

DeletedUser

I am a pure HP FFr in Arizona and have nothing in dueling skills except for what i have from AP in Str and what bonus i get from dueling gear i wear.. hardly have much in charisma but still iv won more than 95% of my duels.. So prob the people still with good dueling skills loosing could only be luck or unlucky in such a case.. and yeah not to mention teh 1s i lost abt 5-6 of them i later realised tha i had forgoten to change my tactics where i was standing straight in all the rounds lol but even on those stands i lost only 5-6 duels.. So i dont think NPC are that hard but yes ppl who lost lot many all i can say must have been bad luck..

Ripwise

It seems to be The West Fort manager script, I disabled them all and the egg appeared, I then reactivated the scripts one at a time, when I got to The Fort Manger script it dissapeared, after I deactivated it again the egg came back. I carried on reactivating all the other scripts with no problems so have just deleted the Fort Manger script I never used it much anyway.
On the same subject do you know how to install an older version of a script my tw.db.onfo cloth calc is V2.03 but game says the maximum compatible version is 2.02

Just install script version from tw.db.info and it should work fine. I am using Chrome browser and have no problems with the script!