The Easter Showdown discussion

Girlie

How come you have a draw for nuggets, where you win "potion of wisdon", which you cant use if you are level 120?? ans you cant even sell it.
It should have been in a free draw, and not in the ones for 25 and 150 nuggets

DeletedUser22685

You can use them at level 120, they give the same amount of exp as they do at level 119. And honestly I don't think they're any more useless at level 120 than they are at other levels.

Girlie

You can use them at level 120, they give the same amount of exp as they do at level 119. And honestly I don't think they're any more useless at level 120 than they are at other levels.

but you dont use xp anymore, when you are level 120

I am not using anymore nuggets, and risk getting something that are totally useless for me in level 120

Last edited:

Girlie

You get xp and that extra xp moves you up the ranking table!

Do you really think me and others will pay nugget to get up at the ranking table??

You guys really dont think much of your players :mad:

You could at least have made them sellable

Ripwise

Do you really think me and others will pay nugget to get up at the ranking table??

No one is forcing you to use nuggets like no one is forcing you to play lottery in real life! before spending nuggets you see which items you can get and you accpt risk that you can get something good or something you have no use off. You have free spins every 6 hours in which you can also get higher tier items.

Girlie

No one is forcing me, but when you make a showdown, you should only have prices in it which can be used og sold - at least if you pay real money for it

DeletedUser

make those potions worth 10$ or so, so i can atleast earn something off em on the trader lol.... i think any level 120 has rather 10$ from the trader for em then 1=5=10% xp

worst of all is that the 10% potion is even in the rare tier.... and trust me spending 150 nugs and getting that potion is the worst nightmare lol

Deleted User - 1693871

At level 120 I got less than half the xp with the potion than I did with one used about 40 levels lower.

DeletedUser14006

Not so. I, and quite a few other people, bought nuggets every 14 days for YEARS to obtain the exact same items that the F2P players could obtain. I was simply paying for the opportunity to acquire them faster. Or to minimize the idle time my character had while I was actually at work earning the money that I was handing over to Inno when I got home.

Again, if you're going to run a game with a Free 2 Play option, you have to give a decent incentive for those F2P players to stick around and potentially either bring in other players (who could pay) or eventually decide to pay themselves. Without balance, there's no incentive for the F2P players to stick around or spread the word about the game.

Looking back at the gap between premium and non premium users when the game was less dynamic than the version we play today and taking into consideration two of the basic four premiums available there were still advantages and items that a non premium could not achieve.

By activating the 'Character Bonus' premium the advantages held by premium users over non premium users were:

• Soldiers doubled their tactics and with the pre v1.36 dueling system this was massive, in no way could a non premium user be as effective while defending, fact.

• Workers gained 10% additional experience through working jobs, is it any wonder Cringe from world one became the first player to reach level 99?
Even the most savvy non premium user could not compete against such a disadvantage.

By activating the 'Higher Income' premium the main advantage held by premium users over non premium users was:

• The ability to raise the value range by 50% in relation to items found when performing jobs. This resulted in premium users being able to find weapons that non premium users could never attain, granted these items may not seem like much now as they were only a selection of 'Granmont's Pistols' and 'Bowie's Knifes' but back then these items were looked upon with great awe.

If it was too long ago for you to remember then check out the excitement between the folk finding the items and the non premium users raising their concerns on the 'W1 Items Found' thread.

Here are a few short snippets displaying early concerns about the gap between premium and non premium users, dating back to the beginning of May 2009:

Are you using premium???? That is some nice stuff and it seems impossible to get if you don't use premium.

I am using premium, for whoever asked

I feel like I need premium.. :D
New items are for premium items only :( Can't find anything worth more then 900$.

Sure enough as the game has progressed more and more of these items were made available to non premium users through additional quests developed and implemented and through the introduction of the market feature but there was a period of a year or two when non premium users were at a massive disadvantage in respect to the points I have made here.

Given enough time who is to say there will not be another development that closes the gap now as it did then?

Instead of pointing out only the negatives please take a few moments to remember the positives, everybody has a right to complain but a complaint without an idea of how to resolve the issue will be just another complaint that falls into the archives of this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

I'm not having much of a problem winning the duels. My pure HP fort fighter on CO has lost 1 duel so far, but I bribed the guy to get an item still. My dueller on Dako seems to find it harder to win the duels for some reason. Maybe futu is right in that nil duelling skills will help...

DeletedUser

Well, unless duel outcome is totally random, appearance seemed to be my solution. I was beaten soundly every time I used my best dueling clothes. After switching to pure appearance clothes I smoke him every time. Instead of 3-1 hits for him, now its 6-1 hits for me. Even with a lot less aim and dodge. Go figure.

DeletedUser28575

The gap between premium and non-premium is too big nowadays. Using nuggets randomly isn't enough to get all achievements and items. Item sets are already experiencing inflation.

When you're loaded and handling things with millions of nuggets, it is compared to cheating with codes or trainers. Everyone who has used cheats, trainers, patches etc. knows that the game became boring regardless of the game.

This is wrong way to The West.

DeletedUser14006

The gap between premium and non-premium is too big nowadays. Using nuggets randomly isn't enough to get all achievements and items. Item sets are already experiencing inflation.

When you're loaded and handling things with millions of nuggets, it is compared to cheating with codes or trainers. Everyone who has used cheats, trainers, patches etc. knows that the game became boring regardless of the game.

This is wrong way to The West.

If for every ten people who pointed out that the balance is broke one posted an idea we may be a few steps closer to having something worthwhile to present to the developers in order to return the game to how we would like to see it.

Unfortunately posts like the last one do nothing to contribute to the solution and again as mentioned in my previous post a complaint without an idea just falls into the archives of this forum.

On this subject I would just like to clear up something that got me thinking earlier when reading through this thread and spotting the following post:

I am not sure if some folk realize the purpose of this forum or how it works, this is not a direct link to the developers who make changes in this game, it is a community board where players come to voice their concerns and suggest ideas which can then be forwarded to the developers by the community manager.

So posters like the previous one need to try working with the moderators (players themselves) instead of ranting at them, then maybe we can get results.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15641

I would ask the moderation team if I could get a compensation instead of the useless potion, will let you know by editing this post.(I found it in w1 I think, used some because it was free and useless....)

Don't be angry at the moderators, some might have the power to call in some of the shots but you need to be good to them so they could be good to you.

To make a business deal, you don't shout at whom your trying to deal with.

DeletedUser5987

think the potion of wisdom sucks,most of use are level 120,this does nothing for us,a total waste of nuggets

DeletedUser22685

Well, unless duel outcome is totally random, appearance seemed to be my solution. I was beaten soundly every time I used my best dueling clothes. After switching to pure appearance clothes I smoke him every time. Instead of 3-1 hits for him, now its 6-1 hits for me. Even with a lot less aim and dodge. Go figure.

Didn't I tell you that a few pages ago? :p

DeletedUser

If for every ten people who pointed out that the balance is broke one posted an idea we may be a few steps closer to having something worthwhile to present to the developers in order to return the game to how we would like to see it.

Fine. Here is my suggestion again. Make all items obtainable by non-paying players. And not on the Market. Through quests, jobs or whatever. It would actually be nice if they added some new quest lines that allowed everyone to accomplish this. It doesn't have to be easy. And it shouldn't. But that alone would allow for the balance to eventually be restored. Again, paying wasn't always an automatic win. Your examples were simply examples where Premium made it EASIER to get those items. It wasn't impossible to get them without Premium. Just difficult. There's a pretty significant difference between Premium from a few years ago and nugget buying for cash-only items now.

DeletedUser22685

It is possible to get every Easter Showdown item without premium - "not impossible, but difficult".

If you made these items available in a quest, it'd either be easy enough that these items would no longer have any value or hard enough that premium players would then have a big advantage in the quest and you'd complain about that as well.

Premium players pay for their advantage, it's their right to do so. You do not need these items. You cannot win this game. You survived without the items for years. Now that they exist, how does it affect your ability to play without them? Sure, players have them and you don't, but put it this way - the best reason for having these sets is for collection purposes.