The Easter Showdown discussion

Apelatia

I totally agree with everything Da Twista just posted. I am a seldom user of nuggets and I have found that it's the time I put into things that my enjoyment in this game comes from.

But back on topic... Has anyone got anything from the "Very Rare" section when doing a free spin? I have heard of players getting stuff from the "Rare" section, as I have done myself, but I have yet to hear of anyone who has had this unique experience!

DeletedUser35143

If you don't make things personal and just accept things that happen then things get more endurable.
If you can't enjoy a game because others have it better than you then maybe a single player game suits you better.

I look up to others that have more, but I don't feel any anger because they bought more nuggets than me haha. I am a fool for buying nuggets because when it comes down to it I don't need them to have fun, but hey I like to support the development of this game and I gain a lil extra fun (the extras are the main motivator, I am not a charity!)

DeletedUser30224

But back on topic... Has anyone got anything from the "Very Rare" section when doing a free spin? I have heard of players getting stuff from the "Rare" section, as I have done myself, but I have yet to hear of anyone who has had this unique experience!

I'm interested to know as well especially since I have some saved bonds and wondering if it's worth to spend them on the free duel.

DeletedUser

Strangely on a server where i have a few more duel skill than on the others, i already got:
Doc belt
Cartwright coat
Freeman booths

All on the free spins.
But on other servers i only get eggs...

bgu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35174

ye same with me.

on W12 im a 0% and im getting really good things. but in arizona and W1 im getting nothing but eggs.

DeletedUser15641

Well differences between non premium and premium players is easier play than non premiums, non premium players would rely on high luck to get any Easter gear or tambola, for premium players, they do also need luck too.

Got a reply in beta at least about the less use of re speck potion which they cannot compensate due to if they compensate one player, they'll need to compensate all, so they cannot do that and it'll just make support team less sufficient due to number of possible tickets versus number of moderators to resolve.

Here is a tip, the Easter npcs use both close to your hp, skills and clothing imo since I never lost using appearance/aim clothes.

So, its not worthwhile and the devs cannot make an automatic bot for it due to the need to improve T W instead.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry but I find this statement incorrect.
The West is a free game as well as all the other games InnoGames have produced and released to the public. The enjoyment of the game is not measured by how much nuggets you are willing to spend - this is certainly untrue. Forgive my ignorance, why are you still playing and participating in the forum discussions if you don't find enjoyment being here?

I still stand by the statement I made some time back. Your progression and achievements gained within the west come from your effort and time you have invested into your character. Sure nuggets help those who are impatient, but it's only temporary. If you want to have everything, gain everything and finish everything - Only your efforts and time will dictate how far you'll get.

Some of us old timers have been playing this game for three years longer than you have (Provided Stilla is your first account). You can imagine why they own, finished and did everything possible and yet we still sit with loads of stuff to work towards. With that said, I would like to add that the older players were fortunate because when features or items were released, they could work on it straight away. Don't hate the game, hate the player ;)
Comparing this to a newer player that hasn't been playing for very long, they are placed in a world where there are literally thousands of things to get through. Again, it's your efforts and time you'll need to invest if you're willing to.

I appreciate the answer Da Twista.

Stilla is not my first account. I chose to open a fresh account on Dakota after abandoning an old account I played on some of the older worlds for almost 2 years several months before Dakota opened. I was here when the walking stick was the main thing, when people actually considered choosing it over the unknown ? (well, before premium chests were introduced and you could get it from such chests ...), I was here fighting cash battles trying to find the third key and I know the history of the game not from day one - but from a rather early point. I know what it means to run a large leading town in this game, leading fort battles and working very hard to solve the most difficult quests. I can't say I've seen it all around here - but I've seen a lot :)

And here is once again the point that I am trying to make in this thread in the clearest way I can - the gap between non premium and premium players is growing - it is growing all the time. It used to be about making the lives of premium players easier early on - no real or significant advantages over non premium players. As time progressed premium players started getting advantages that made a difference in the game play of non premium players as well. Advantages in fort battles and in dueling due to double character bonus, the ability to buy SP and AP on some worlds and amongst many other things - they are now getting the opportunity to get better gear that most non-premium players will not be able to get (some will, but very few).
THIS AFFECTS THE GAME PLAY OF EVERYONE - NOT ONLY MAKING THE LIVES OF PREMIUM PLAYERS EASIER.

When one player is dueled by another with superior gear including the DoI and his chances of winning are extremely slim - it hurts. When you go to a fort battle and fight against a 15K HP soldier that also has enough leadership and stamina\hiding and aim\dodge thanks to a great set - it hurts. My point is that with these actions you are losing the non paying players (and when I say you I mean Inno). You may be OK with it but I'm afraid you don't understand the implications of your actions unless your real intention is to terminate this game within the coming year and turn your resources elsewhere and you are trying to get as much as you can before that happens. That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of - can't think of anything else and I truly hope I am wrong.

As to why I am still playing the game myself (well, you asked ! lol) - as I wrote before it's more because of what it used to be then what it is today. I used to greatly enjoy fort battles, these days the few battles I attend I find most of us are mainly a sidekick to the few heavy nugget players. I am not saying someone with a GG and common gear can't excel in some battles - but in general and on average it's the show of a few. It wasn't like that a year and a half ago (and don't catch me on the exact date ...) even after character bonus for ff was introduced. A good teamwork used to win battles - now it's the amount of heavy nugget players you have on your side.
I still hope that Inno will come to their senses and find ways to make this game what it used to be - simpler and more enjoyable. I will most probably not stick around much longer, waiting for 2.04 to come out to see the new job system that was promised to make things simpler again (or at least that's how I understood it). We'll see how it goes ...

What bothers me most is exactly the type of response from you which means you do not understand what I am talking about. Except from Derek that openly tries to help and a few other members that supported what I wrote here behind the scenes with reputation - if you do not understand that giving premium players ever growing edge on others ruins the game then this game is doomed. I am not saying that for spite or to gain something myself - I am saying it because I used to love this game and I really hate watching what is happening to it nowadays :(

Here, I've said it all. I hope this time I'll keep the promise to stay out of these discussions :)

DeletedUser22685

Here is a tip, the Easter npcs use both close to your hp, skills and clothing imo since I never lost using appearance/aim clothes.

They have your exact HP at the time of you starting the duel, and they have 90% of your skills. They're not wearing clothing, they're NPCs. And don't focus on aim or you'll get hit as well. Appearance is the only skill you should boost with clothes if you're having trouble winning duels. And this is nothing new, I've been saying it since the hour the Showdown appeared.

DeletedUser19518

ye same with me.

on W12 im a 0% and im getting really good things. but in arizona and W1 im getting nothing but eggs.

So far i have got only 2 Doc's ties.. from free duels. Don't know if someone into w1 have found something from very rare items.. but it will be nice if he is using forum and post it.

DeletedUser35444

Further to Apelatia's comment about very rare items dropping from free goes I got a cartwrights saddle in briscoe this way, would have preferred the horse though or one of the sets but such is life.

DeletedUser22685

Cartwright's is the best horse and saddle set IMO, I'd rather that than either of the other two saddles.

DeletedUser15641

The worst set is the freeman set imo, because you cannot use it if your not specked as resistance and you'd be relying on high luck in the next update.

note:reminder to give futu his dollar :p

DeletedUser35143

I can't remember what I got from free and what from paid... :|

I have a good winning streak though :) (without any bribing)

DeletedUser

Well then, keep going and good luck! hehe, but i do know how easy it is to loose track of what you paid for and what you didn't lol. especially once the duels pile up :p

DeletedUser35143

Well then, keep going and good luck! hehe, but i do know how easy it is to loose track of what you paid for and what you didn't lol. especially once the duels pile up :p

Got quite lucky and got a lot of bonds so many timer resets are paid by bonds.

Plus I was saving money and bonds since I knew an event would come again.