Duelling Formula Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

But that also works both ways from our POV. There is/has been many mods in here who are not user friendly which is another reason many don't bother. I personally have submitted many an in-game problem ticket & not gotten the help I needed. In fact, let me refresh your memory as you handled the ticket. At one point I could not purchase nuggets. I was told "we're not sure why you can't purchase" & I was left to figure it out on my own, remember?
I also had a script problem way back, a script that I had gotten from this very forum. After the clown who made the script left the game I went here for help to be told (quite rudely I might ad) to fix it myself. So yeah..."me of little faith" is more like "me of no faith" when it comes to help from these forums. But yet these scripts are still listed in the forum with no user beware post from the mods.
Have I mentioned the locking of treads in the w13 forums that are completely dead now? Smells like my way or the highway...I choose the highway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19209

Deuling shouldn't be about luck

I have been having pretty good luck at dueling since the update.

and therein lies the problem... if, as you state, it's like a job then why should it be about luck? i'm not naive enough to think that luck doesn't play some part but it seems to me to be too large of a part. with a job you are told what your luck % is and you understand what role luck plays... not so with dueling.

like Victor and Judge have pointed out there are also issues when two ranged duelers with dex/aim/dodge meet and the advantage is to the defender. for me this means that i will stick with attacking people 20 levels lower than me... good times for all i'm sure.

DeletedUser

and therein lies the problem... if, as you state, it's like a job then why should it be about luck? i'm not naive enough to think that luck doesn't play some part but it seems to me to be too large of a part. with a job you are told what your luck % is and you understand what role luck plays... not so with dueling.

like Victor and Judge have pointed out there are also issues when two ranged duelers with dex/aim/dodge meet and the advantage is to the defender. for me this means that i will stick with attacking people 20 levels lower than me... good times for all i'm sure.

ok literal nancy, let me refraise for you. I have be doing good while dueling

DeletedUser23201

brisco- im pure fms in health gear. in the past 24 hrs the following happened

Total health points
- 1066 HP
Total health points
- 1079 HP
Farmerlynch wins the duel and gains 303 experience points. Outlaw Jim did not carry any cash and Farmerlynch walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 1032 HP
Total health points
- 1128 HP
Farmerlynch wins the duel, gains 475 experience points and steals $87 from ToyBoy mAx.

Total health points
- 243 HP
Total health points
- 660 HP
Farmerlynch wins the duel and gains 465 experience points. ToyBoy mAx did not carry any cash and Farmerlynch walks away without taking any money.

these were against players speced to duel, theres no way in hell i should winning these duels. its completely pointless specing to a dueler to come up against a pure fms and loose.

DeletedUser16008

Interesting farmer ... can i assume your pure dex to go with your FMS and maybe with dodge kit on ?

If so then your high aim will have a fair bit to do with it, regardless tho your right if those duelers had pretty good dodge you shouldnt be able to win.... 1 duel maybe but 3 in 24 hrs ?

Its feasable with the random factor of both aim and dodge with stance to do this but it highly irregular. Obviously your mojo was working.

:rolleyes: ill give you a wide berth methinks ;)

DeletedUser23201

pure dex yes, i had leadership/health clothes on with
115aim
12dodge
0app
0tact

to me this system is [censored], it completely nullify's any need for skill and places the end result soley in the hands of lady luck. the worlds where i duel id have a lot more aim and struggle to land as many shots

DeletedUser16008

pure dex yes, i had leadership/health clothes on with
115aim
12dodge
0app
0tact

to me this system is [censored], it completely nullify's any need for skill and places the end result soley in the hands of lady luck. the worlds where i duel id have a lot more aim and struggle to land as many shots

hmmm 115 aim isnt high at all tbh and 12 dodge is.... well no need to say ;)

as you say there is no way you should be winning vs a dueler with even half decent dodge and you shouldnt be dodging anything they throw at you with 12... sorry but i have nothing to say but agree with your lady luck sentement

DeletedUser

...as a dueller you can see someones dueling skills in a duel menu.... that skills are without clothes bonuses, right?....but does dueller see only skills or atributes too?....

DeletedUser22685

Those are only the bonuses that their clothes provide, not their actual skills.

DeletedUser

Those are only the bonuses that their clothes provide, not their actual skills.

......that is useless.....that information can everyone count from their clothes...and i thought those are skills but without bonuses :) ....

DeletedUser16008

......that is useless.....that information can everyone count from their clothes.

I know ... hilarious isnt it ? they actually call it a special unique skill :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

I know ... hilarious isnt it ? they actually call it a special unique skill :laugh::laugh::laugh:

..yea, totally crazy :laugh: ...they hate duellers....they should gave us something like - faster health points recovery, that would be great....

DeletedUser14006

Nothing wrong with Dueler bonuses meh...

With character class bonus applied:

The speed on the map is increased by 20%.

+1 from me!

The motivation for duelling raises faster. It is increased 80% faster.

As an exp dueler hell yeah! +1 from me!

You receive 20% more money in a duel.

+1 from me!

In fort battles, you have the chance of 20% to score a critical hit. Critical hits deduct an additional 10% from the maximum health points.

Another hell yeah! +1 from me!

You can perform duels within a radius of 30 minutes without traveling there.

Awesome for surprise attack, hell yeah! +1 from me!

Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponents wield in the duel menu.

Not such a great bonus, but with the rest mentioned above just consider it an added extra.

DeletedUser20147

Actually the radius for long-distance sniping is only 15 minutes, but that's the one I've found the most useful. The extra money is always nice too.

DeletedUser16008

It's 30 minutes with class premium.

Best class bonus there is if prem as a dueller imo since they wrecked soldiers bonuses, it means youll hardly ever get dueled back which tbh is a might bit cowardly thing to encourage seeing as the rest have to put up with the 45 min return ... you have to catch them within 5 mins of them dueling you which is pure luck if your actually watching at the time or not.... Lucky for others im not a dueler I guess lol

DeletedUser20147

What I wrote in my town forum in world 12 (where I reskilled into a killer build):

You know what I think? All that reskilling doesn't really do all that much good. I'm still rolling in world 10 as much as I do here with my old build. Them duels are too much of a coin toss to make the reskilling worth while anyhow.