Duelling Formula Feedback Thread

DeletedUser17278

Yup, dueling is dead, Arizona is still going but I haven't been dueled on W11 for 8 days....

Dueling is going to fade away. This game should get a name change to "fort wars".

You either have 450+ aim or 450+ dodge, with very little variation +/-.

I tried to go along with the direction Innovative is going. Dueling has become random and no longer appeals to me.

One thing i do not understand is all these 0 -0 duels I am seeing. Hmm... Wild Bill or Jesse James duels me, we both miss... I say, "well I guess I win cause we both missed!" Yeah OK, then I'd get shot in the face.

img.php
img.php
img.php
img.php

DeletedUser16008

+1 from me guys stopped bothering on all but a couple of worlds now advent toon is just as likely to win a duel as any of my others.

Tactics is dead

Appearance is dead

Resistance is dead

All thats left is a random roll of the dice between dodge/aim

The worker dosnt have anything special, the Adven dosn't have anything special apart from fort ghosting, the dueler is suddenly the best fort fighter and the soldier just has a few more hp useful mainly only in forts. Every class is equal in duels now if set right, may as well take away the classes and call em all greenhorns for what its worth.

Heck even towns dont mean anything anymore, theres nothing to take pride in apart from flipping forts and thats more luck than anything as its also mostly random luck if you hit.... big deal.

Inno dont give a stuff forters dont give a stuff nor do questers or crafters nor it seems our community in general anymore.

Yup dueling is well and truly dead has been for a while just taking a little time for everyone to realize it.....

The West ? lol its about as wild now as my back garden ..... In fact I think ill change my avatar to a smiley its become such a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32882

R.I.P. Dueling
This is just incredible.....2 of the top 3 duelers from Colorado just quit the game:((...i was 2 lvls behind them and i was planing on attacking them for 900 exp each:D.And now they simply quit.:((
Guys this is the end of us.IF Inno doesn't do anything about this dueling as i know will be gone.
They to chicken to admit that what they did whit this dueling update is a stupid idea and instead of trying to come back tot he old sistem they Inno losers wanted to trick us was again whit this silly ''2 duels per day'' to get nuggets.
All i can say is that now there more arranged duels then it ever was.PPl now attack each other whit all there aim and dodges known by each one them and they finish into a super 0-0 duel.
But ofc if they go back to the old system that means that they validate the idea that this new dueling system is the most stupid thing they did and they never would do a thing like that.
I mean they didn't apologized this christmas when they took our cash.....u want them to start now when it was for free?

DeletedUser16008

Funny you should say about arranged dueling huli, yesterday alone i saw 5 players accross various worlds asking if anyone wished to duel them, pillows was one guys offer and another razors... these were lvl 70 + If thats not flaunting the rulebook i dont know what is and its gonna explode in a few days when all the crap questers or workers that cant duel want those bonds..

Maybe ill start a thread to point out the problem they are gonna have

DeletedUser

Glad I read this before choosing my character build for w12. I last played this game about 2 years ago and dueling was amazing (if you were built for dueling that is). I wanted to come back and start a new dueling character. I remember the good old days where duelers were a force to be reckoned with. You could literally play the game alone at your leisure and tour the map kicking peoples @sses just because you were a dueler and they were some boring "pure" build. You could duel at 0% motivation just to get cash for new gear. Having the best gear was key. Duelers liked to show off. Dueling was the best part of the game. If you were sleeping at a town, you would get 4-5 emails asking "What are you doing here?" or "Are you dueling our workers?" You would say that you have no intention of dueling their players, but deep down you knew that duelers have no regard for workers. Unless they were YOUR town's workers. Then you defended them to the bitter end.

Then something happened in the wild west. I don't remember exactly when, but these things called forts were introduced. Fort fighting was supposed to be the new craze. Some of the duelers even took part in a few fort fights even though we wanted to duel. After all you got to equip yourself with 2 weapons instead of just 1. Two guns? How could any duelist say no to that? But after a while we all realized the same thing. Fort fighting was complete chaos. Even with chat rooms, it was almost impossible to communicate a proper strategy. Even harder to execute a strategy. People were in different time zones and would not show up to fight. Then people who were loners would show up and just run around the fort doing whatever they wanted just to get some XP. Then at the end of a fort battle, everyone was KO'd. Fort fights were popping up on a daily basis. They became tiresome. They became boring. They became pointless. And that's when I left the game.

I hope that dueling becomes significant again. The fort battles, for lack of a better term, suck ass. They have monopolized the game. If I realized dueling was changed so significantly since I left I certainly wouldn't have come back. I still haven't used any of my SP's or AP's in world 12 because I am still deciding on a good build to try out. Hopefully I can find a reason to keep playing this game because it still could be fun if the changes weren't so drastic. I want to duel again. I want people to duel me. Please INNO make the game fun again.

That's all I have to say.

RIDONKULOUSNESS ~ w12 and Colorado

(formerly J412 ~ world 7,9,11)

DeletedUser30224

J412 ... Yesterday I went in vacation mode in colorado as I couldn't take it no more ... 0-0 duels, loses where identical build as I am but with lower lvl wins against the same target on couple of ocasions ... the fact that you cannot predict anything and that everything is a flip of coin ... it just boiled in me and I've decided to leave it be as it is not good for my health :p The game should relax me not annoy me.

Now I am playing in AZ where my character is lvl 120 and I do not care about absolutely anything but log in once-twice a day to relax in a fort fight. Really the fort fights are the only things left for me at that lvl.

SO J412, if you are hoping to find a build that works in duels, then forget about attacking and pick a soldier, go premium, put defensive gear with some extra tactics (30 will do) and you will be invincible ... have fun with that :(

DeletedUser13388

Guess i am the only one who likes the new dueling update:whistle: Yet, i should agree, that the dueling is dying.

I was having incredible fun on w13 - i had 8-10 even 12 duels daily (6-7 duels as attacker and 3-4 as defender).But near 2-3 weeks ago something changed.Weekly now i am having around 50 duels and 45 of them i am the attacker.
I was inactive for 3-4 days and today when i logged in w13 and w15 i was expecting to be KO-ed.But surprise, surprise - i was full hp and with $$ in both of the worlds.On w15 i have been attacked 3-4 times for the past 4 days and on w13 i have been attacked 6 times for the past 4 days.And i am gun, i do not have much hp.

For sure something is wrong, the people are not dueling as it was before.I miss the oldschool town raids, camps and fire exchange - all you needed to do is to get 10-15 townies or alliance members, to travel to some enemy town and duel, duel, duel, duel, duel ... And even more fun if your town is being camped at the same time. No need to run all over the map to chase people as it is now.

That game should be all about dueling, but sadly it is not anymore.I miss w8 and w10 ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well I remember everyone saying that duelling at someones town when they were not present (old style) was stupid and it should be changed so you needed to travel to the place they actually were.

The toughness/reflex dueller was also stupid because you could get a lot of -1 hits (as if a bullet wouldn't hurt), Dodge and aim should be more powerful than any other stat, as it is not used for jobs.

Camping in towns was another one, it was addressed that this was also a bad thing, people would duel, ko a few then sleep 10 mins then re duel knowing he was not getting duelled back.
Who were all these complaining: in my opinion it was builders/adventurers and mediocre ranged duellers or purely people less active, before making the changes they didn't listen to the PROPER duellers, just went with the majority (who were not all duellers), thing is we as a community asked for these changes by asking for more realism in the game, the majority is not always correct.

DeletedUser

Dueling now is just a mater of guessing which way the other guy is leaning and him not guessing the way you are leaning. Its become sad...:(

DeletedUser

Dueling now is just a mater of guessing which way the other guy is leaning and him not guessing the way you are leaning. Its become sad...:(

So true they .... up the dueling sistem.But i think not only dueling is dead,i think the game is dying. Become so BORING.Nothing new,apart TO MUCH PREMIUM! With every update MORE premium feature. bonds ....! shop ...! inno ...!

Cheers.

EDITED.

DeletedUser20147

After a lot of dueling and experimenting my characters in both worlds are now respecced as ranged aim/dodgers. Victor et al are right - although you can "make do" with other kinds of settings as well, that is the superior dueling build for those who don't want to do anything else.

DeletedUser16008

Absolutely you are right, there are other "make do" options but as youve found they are just "make do" and inferior to what we all know is the only real superior option for serious, dedicated top duelers. Thank you for posting your findings Morgan.

DeletedUser20147

To elaborate a bit on my findings:

The appearance setup is the coin toss setup. A good appearance build will give you a chance in winning against the best of the best, but unfortunately it gives you an equal chance to lose against a 20 lvl lower non-dueling character, depending on where the wind blows. On the long run you will see, however, that the win/loss ratio is not good with appearance build and you can never tell what happens in a duel.

When you reskill to aim/dodge setup you will get back some of the old-fashioned consistency, depending who you are dueling of course - against someone with a similar build it is still a coin toss obviously. And you must make sure you get the build right because when it's a little bit off it won't feel like such a good idea.

DeletedUser14793

hrm, i was hoping things would be talked about getting fixed by now, seems the devs still dont believe that dueling is broke, or that dueling is important.

P.S devs, your now under 65,000 players......

DeletedUser

I was a very active dueler on W6. I changed my style many times since the update and I still can't find a good build. I can duel against the same player many times and the win/loose percentage is not clear. many players use all aiming/dodging build, but it can be seen that appearance and tactics still have some effect on dueling results.
I can find it also very hard to win when I attack, but more easy to win when I am being attacked.
The bottom line is - I think that dueling system is not stable.

Many players left the game because of the change of the dueling system.:(
You took the chests from the battles. we couldn't fill a big defense on Arizona last week.

You ruined the game. even the players on premium worlds don't use nuggets that much.

Please make a change or the game will dye very soon as we already see on w2-w9.

Think think think - this is the bottom line.

Maz.

DeletedUser16628

Can you hear that INNO?That's the death rattle and it's getting louder by the day.I've respecced more times than I care to say and spent almost a million on colorado trying to get more than just 1 build to work.But like almost anybody who wants to duel and win aim dodge build is what it is.

DeletedUser

The resistance still works just fine, I don't get what are you all complaining about. :)