Duelling Formula Feedback Thread

DeletedUser16008

What I wrote in my town forum in world 12 (where I reskilled into a killer build):

You know what I think? All that reskilling doesn't really do all that much good. I'm still rolling in world 10 as much as I do here with my old build. Them duels are too much of a coin toss to make the reskilling worth while anyhow.

Depends on your original build i guess Morg, i can say without doubt if you were melee theres no comparison, my old melee toon on w9 gets slaughtered by shooters now all the time. Never had that problem previously.

DeletedUser20147

I've always been a shooter, but my original builds are with strong charisma aspect. In world 10 I held on to the original build, in world 12 I got rid of all the charisma and appearance. If there is a difference between these builds and how they work in a long run it's negligible.

DeletedUser16008

I've always been a shooter, but my original builds are with strong charisma aspect. In world 10 I held on to the original build, in world 12 I got rid of all the charisma and appearance. If there is a difference between these builds and how they work in a long run it's negligible.

Interesting because i had a charisma melee build on 10 that was untouchable pretty much ... turned into a pile of mush after the update

DeletedUser9470

so? still not convinced there is a massive issu with the dueling system now?

as usual... mending things that aint broke and then ignoring that you just broke it!

killing off half the options in 1 go (bye bye melee duelleing(melee resist, melee dodge, melee char))
killing off 2/3rds of whats left (bye bye charisma and resist shooters)

we now have 1 build left!

hang on i read in another post diggo discussing that dueling has died off, or someone...

mmm! wonders why? surely with all the improvements???? why hasnt it got any better?

o yeah cos the improvements are in fact crap. yes! we(us duelists)'re delusional!

DeletedUser

Well dueling has certainly died in W11, for me anyway and plenty of others by the looks of it. Just got bored with the roll of the dice. I occasionally get dueled but very infrequently, once a day tops.
IMO dueling is dead in the water.
As dueling was the fun bit for me I've finished with W8, 9, 10 and 12, as have many others as far as I can see.
As soon as stupid weapons were introduced and way overpowered pants and belts the slide started, with 1 build being the final nail.
Last dueler to leave the building please turn out the lights............:(

DeletedUser16008

Well dueling has certainly died in W11, for me anyway and plenty of others by the looks of it. Just got bored with the roll of the dice. I occasionally get dueled but very infrequently, once a day tops.
IMO dueling is dead in the water.
As dueling was the fun bit for me I've finished with W8, 9, 10 and 12, as have many others as far as I can see.
As soon as stupid weapons were introduced and way overpowered pants and belts the slide started, with 1 build being the final nail.
Last dueler to leave the building please turn out the lights............:(

Have to agree with you JR... i no longer bother dueling on most worlds its very boring ... down to just 2 worlds i bother with now .... soon to be 1 ..... desperately want to continue playing but like you and many others its the dueling i play for..... that is now virtually dead.

We are in the final death throws of the game ... when I stop dueling ill quit and atm i think unless something is done all that will be left will be forts and questers... The west RIP

DeletedUser

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=48664

You guys have had the opportunity to recommend changes. This option has, in fact, been posted and made available for over two months now. Instead, you prefer to troll and to ignore people who indicate your steadfast arguments are incorrect.

I also noticed none of you have yet decided to enter the Beta and participated in development/testing, even after I indicated the fundamental changes they instituted there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Pffft shouldnt need to suggest the obvious.... roll back the dueling system... slightly nerf resist and thats it.

Not rocket science.

My opinion on all what was needed in the first place was this..

A tweak on resist as has been done ....

A tweak to aim/dodge as has been done.

Remove the soldier tactic bonus entirely its overpowered always was.

And thats all the tweaks it needed imo.

Revert the Charisma nerf back to 1.32, allow app to be useful once more along with tactics as it should be

Remove the changes to stance completely and revert to 1.32, yes if someone has dodge of 200+ and very high tactics you should have a horrible time trying to hit them rather than getting lucky by any means apart from a very small chance, just as before.

You can cut and paste it to them :p

DeletedUser

nope, send it via a proposal and let the community vote yay or nay.

DeletedUser

You guys have had the opportunity to recommend changes. This option has, in fact, been posted and made available for over two months now. Instead, you prefer to troll and to ignore people who indicate your steadfast arguments are incorrect.

I also noticed none of you have yet decided to enter the Beta and participated in development/testing, even after I indicated the fundamental changes they instituted there.

There is only one person trolling here.....
You are right, that thread has been up for over 2 months and only 10 people have participated, says it all really, this forum is dying quicker than the game.

DeletedUser13388

About the dueler class : In my opinion - "Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponents wield in the duel menu" should be removed and should be added a chance for critical hit in the duels too.

For example: you have a 20% chance to land 2 critical hits or 40% for 4 critical hits, if you are with premium.That is a counter to soldier`s tactics and hp advantage.That critical hit should be a constant - 5 % of the enemy`s hp for example.
The dueling weapon advantage isnt so important, cause after lvl 70 it doesnt matter anymore.
For adventurers you may add for example, to gain 3 more skill points on every 10 levels.

For workers - a chance to dodge a duel or a chance to dodge 1 or 2 hits.

The current dueling formula is OK in my opinion and its much better than the old one.

DeletedUser16008

About the dueler class : In my opinion - "Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponents wield in the duel menu" should be removed and should be added a chance for critical hit in the duels too.

For example: you have a 20% chance to land 2 critical hits or 40% for 4 critical hits, if you are with premium.That is a counter to soldier`s tactics and hp advantage.That critical hit should be a constant - 5 % of the enemy`s hp for example.
The dueling weapon advantage isnt so important, cause after lvl 70 it doesnt matter anymore.
For adventurers you may add for example, to gain 3 more skill points on every 10 levels.

For workers - a chance to dodge a duel or a chance to dodge 1 or 2 hits.

The current dueling formula is OK in my opinion and its much better than the old one.

Critical's in duels Are you nuts ???? Duelers already have the best advantage for dueling You can perform duels within a radius of 15 minutes without traveling there. with prem thats double so you never really get dueled back and means you dont have to be concerned with a defensive build..... tactics are useless now and what will happen to other classes getting hit by duelers ?

Criticals in a duel ... what a joke & whats all this other class stuff ? this isnt ideas and brainfarts DF the dueler is well overpowerd in forts as it is and you want to make it the same in dueling ? I suppose you have a dueler on colorado yes ?

DeletedUser16008

nope, send it via a proposal and let the community vote yay or nay.

Its too late The golden goose was killed last year and finally at xmas... the lifeblood of dueling and majority of dueling players and others have given up in general or lost interest.

Im not going to make Inno more cash by having to do another total respec ... stuff it ..... im done with paying for this game long since they messed it up, im not gonna help them rip off players to line their pockets yet again....

Also re the proposal route ? naaa Inno can do what they like with their rules and German chain of command if they gave a rats they would already have done something. If you want you can stick up a proposal out of my suggestions, I dont really care if this game lives or dies anymore, 90% of those ive enjoyed dueling and connecting with have already gone thanks to the last year of mismanagement and updates.

It had a good run, like most things a great idea, turned too commercial and ruined. Thats business for you.

DeletedUser13388

Critical's in duels Are you nuts ???? Duelers already have the best advantage for dueling You can perform duels within a radius of 15 minutes without traveling there. with prem thats double so you never really get dueled back and means you dont have to be concerned with a defensive build..... tactics are useless now and what will happen to other classes getting hit by duelers ?

Criticals in a duel ... what a joke & whats all this other class stuff ? this isnt ideas and brainfarts DF the dueler is well overpowerd in forts as it is and you want to make it the same in dueling ? I suppose you have a dueler on colorado yes ?

Vic, are you really consider that attack from 30 minutes distance as such a big advantage ? Yes probably you wont be able to hit back a dueler who attacks you, unless you nugget there, but he is still an open target for everyone else near him.And tactics still rocks.Its not so overpowered as before, but it still rocks.

The soldiers have always been so overpowered, it is about time to improve the dueler`s class finally.And dont mess the forts here, we are talking about dueling.

and what will happen to other classes getting hit by duelers ?

For that i suggested some improvements for the other classes too.

Of course all these numbers which i wrote like 40 % or 4 hits or 5 % of enemy`s hp, or 3 sp per 10 lvl is jsut an example, it may be less or more.

And no, i am not a dueler on Colorado, i am a soldier.But really a critical hit in the duels sounds really good in my opinion, its really a good counter to soldier`s advantages.

DeletedUser16008

Ohhh come on ... tactics are crap now, I go through them like butter with 0 appearance all the time.

Yes I consider the dueler distance bonus to be THE PRIME bonus for any dueler. I could sit 30 mins away from a fort and duel the crud out of everyone knowing the likelihood of anyone getting a duel in on me is virtually 0. That is a MASSIVE advantage for any dueler knowing your very unlikely to be dueled on a retaliation ... its a one way ticket imo.

At the moment i have an adventurer that easily competes with my soldier as my best dueling toon... the build is the same HP and tactics count for nothing now. If I were to duel both of my toons vs each other it would be sheer luck who would win. Same would be if i had a dueler toon and I sure wouldnt need a critical bonus to compete.... duelers are fine the way they are.

This is one of the main reasons this game has gone down the toilet, instead of clipping a few minor things they keep adding crap to everything to attempt a balance which results in overpowering other things ... upgrading does not always mean improvement & the last thing dueler class needs is more.

sit 30 mins away from a target with a % critical chance ? this is not a sniper class its supposed to be a street dueler ... how can you duel in the street when the guy is 30 mins away with a possible RPG aimed at you ?

DeletedUser25606

i'm thinking now that the duel update was changed to tie in with the new fort shops.
If anyone remembers the original roadmap where it stated " duels/jobs will now take more damage" , to me this ties in with nugget options in the fort shops now.(1.35)
inno's idea to put dueling into only one build was more to encourage the sales of the new products comming up , allowing resists builds and the like would'nt be a profit option.
It's a shame they put marketing over game play. As far as a feedback thread goes ,or putting it into "ideas for devolpments" etc , i think its futile, to me its part of marketing design and that makes it set in stone.While id encourage inno to be a profitable company ,but to me ,its been done at expense of build options/gameplay .

DeletedUser

i'm thinking now that the duel update was changed to tie in with the new fort shops.
If anyone remembers the original roadmap where it stated " duels/jobs will now take more damage" , to me this ties in with nugget options in the fort shops now.(1.35)
inno's idea to put dueling into only one build was more to encourage the sales of the new products comming up , allowing resists builds and the like would'nt be a profit option.
It's a shame they put marketing over game play. As far as a feedback thread goes ,or putting it into "ideas for devolpments" etc , i think its futile, to me its part of marketing design and that makes it set in stone.While id encourage inno to be a profitable company ,but to me ,its been done at expense of build options/gameplay .
Hehe, that's a stretch of the imagination you got going there Scampy...

DeletedUser

Yes Victor, Dragonfly is nuts!!! and comments like his is why it's a major pain in the but trying to get thinks changed to improve the game for the benefit of real gaming skill. Sorry Dragonfly no offense is intended ... it just makes my blood boil, although not as much as when I write a thread about game changes inviting a discussion and within two days it's locked.

A question for you Dragonfly how is the new dueling system better than before (apart from the new option to search for targets) I totally disagree with you in every way.

DeletedUser25606

Hehe, that's a stretch of the imagination you got going there Scampy...

no,it's painfully obvious common sense

When crafting was mentioned in the road map i said then its for inno to bring in thier own crafted products for nuggets ,and here we are..i was told at the time it was a stretch too.

Looking at any roadmap (or any business intension) you have to ask how the company intends to profit from it, and make no mistake i want inno to profit , i enjoy the game and wish for it to continue,and to honest if this is how inno wish to do it,good luck to them.

I have no wish to get into one of your circular conversations,because there never of any real benefit ,and just bog down threads , but i think anyone with common sense if not imagination can see why dueling was changed in light of the fort shop products. A resist dueler would'nt have a need for hp products , so they've made it a hit & miss dueling set up ,looking for duelers to take damage to buy the hp nugget items , really its a smart way to do it ,and i think its obvious they'll do well out of it , a lot from beta are saying dueling has picked up ,hence in the sceme of .net dueling picking up will also mean nugget use will pick up ,good for inno ,but my concern is : is it good for gameplay?

DeletedUser14793

i agree 100%, with all those new health potions for nuggets its just a matter of time before nugget munchers rule the world. dueling is dead IMO.