GM Event - Capture the Flag (World Dakota only) - DISCUSSION

DeletedUser

Just keep in mind neither side knew what was the current score. We had low percent of duel score cause we decided to run laps rather than capturing stations. We did a math and decided to concentrate on keeping only one station that we used as a home base that saved us 12 mins of traveling to hometown.
In first Ctf event close to the end other team was so loud in alliance chat how they won, even I was thinking we lost cause we didnt know how much points they had.So its kinda fun when you dont know what will be the outcome.
In second one as well. Close to end players rushed to duel npcs to score last points, when there was no more time to do one more full lap. As MrM said he finished a duel on npc 9 sec before the end lol, if we knew we had advantage players probably wouldnt be trying that hard to score last points :) so its all part of fun.

There will be some changes in next one, real duelers will be more important and needed and hopefully even more fun.

I know this, but still you are on the winner side both time. I bet if you were trying as hard as me and lost both events you thought updating score is good fixture. At least for team with less points it give them an estimation on how much harder should they try to win. As I said in CTF events in general although you usually have knowledge to other team score you also know which player scoring how many points for them. And in this game and this even it's vital and can make the game much more interactive. If you as GM are happy that each team do their own thing and do not duel other team or duel other team blindly then it's fine. I as participant like to know the score. My request to update the score goes back to first event, nothing new.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

I know this, but still you are on the winner side both time. I bet if you were trying as hard as me and lost both events you thought updating score is good fixture. At least for team with less points it give them an estimation on how much harder should they try to win. As I said in CTF events in general although you usually have knowledge to other team score you also know which player scoring how many points for them. And in this game and this even it's vital and can make the game much more interactive. If you as GM are happy that each team do their own thing and do not duel other team or duel other team blindly then it's fine. I as participant like to know the score. My request to update the score goes back to first event, nothing new.

Not really possible.

Problems:-

1. While we have Excel spreadsheets to use, not all the participants report duels in a timely manner.
2. Mistakes are made. We have to sometimes triple check logs and the logs we have access to can be a nightmare especially when we have many participants involved.
3. We do not have the resources and do not want to add more resources to the game just for correct score keeping.

Sure, it would be great to have a score card to look at all the time and I'm trying to figure out a way to make this happen. But for this event we can't promise accurate scores until the event has ended.

DeletedUser

Not really possible.

Problems:-

1. While we have Excel spreadsheets to use, not all the participants report duels in a timely manner.
2. Mistakes are made. We have to sometimes triple check logs and the logs we have access to can be a nightmare especially when we have many participants involved.
3. We do not have the resources and do not want to add more resources to the game just for correct score keeping.

Sure, it would be great to have a score card to look at all the time and I'm trying to figure out a way to make this happen. But for this event we can't promise accurate scores until the event has ended.

We are all grown up, at least as much as to be able to communicate properly and know the rules of the game that we are playing and event that we are participating in it. Score (not exactly exact score but even approximately) can be reported to other team by a simple forum topic in alliance (like the one that we usually have in each town's forum) with more general result. Like a dueller update his own post with number of duels and number of wins and loses. Each runner update his own post with the laps that he finished and so on. We can set small penalty for false reports. Like if a runner just ran 2 round and report 4 round then 4 penalty will be given to that team, or if a runner ran 10 round and just report 8 then some penalty will be given to that team.

It was like this at least in first event that we had to report the duels and so on in the town forum before event ends else those wont count as I remember. Now more or less the same thing could be happen in the alliance forum with small change.

DeletedUser8627

What a weekend it was, the CTF event was very successful! Very busy, a lack of sleep, exhaustion filled the atmosphere yet we are still excited about the event! As promised, here are the scores and overall winners of the event:-

CTF Scores before the fort battle:

Chloe's Crusaders CTF points before battle = 4944
Nisa's Nitros CTF points before battle = 5399

At this point Chloe's Crusaders were down nearly 500 points which lead to Nisa's Nitros borrowing them a few of their won NPCs. A sincere token of sportsmanship.
Points in the fort battle are awarded for the amount of KOs done, team winning the battle, highest damage inflicted plus the highest hit count.

• Players gunner86, Cassius Fett and foscock all have a hit count of 28 which brings their teams 25 points per player each.
  • Player gunner86 with this highest damage inflicted (17536) is rewarded with 25 points.
  • Chloe's Crusaders gained 32 KOs (320 points), Nisa's Nitros gained 6 KOs (60 points)
  • Chloe's Crusaders won the fort battle = 200 points

Chloe's Crusaders: 4944 + 200 + (32 * 10) + (75) = 5539
Nisa's Nitros: 5399 + (6 * 10) + (25) = 5484

Due to the fact ruling was changed within the event without notification, players that received penalty points were no longer viable and these deductions did not take effect. Player *carl Johnson* from Nisa's Nitros duelled 11 players outside the CTF event which resulted in a 55 point deduction which will no longer be deducted.

Total CTF scores sit as follows:

Chloe's Crusaders = 5594 points
Nisa's Nitros = 5594 points

We have a draw! Congratulations to both teams participating in this event, we truly hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

1st place prizes will be handed out to both teams shortly.

DeletedUser

pffff i demand a recount. and to be honest isn't it a bit weird that after lending em 3 npcs= a massive difference, they still get these insane amounts of points, not to mention they were the defending side!

gunner86

• Players gunner86, Cassius Fett and foscock all have a hit count of 28 which brings their teams 25 points per player each.
  • Player gunner86 with this highest damage inflicted (17536) is rewarded with 25 points.

• finally i made into a pro list :blink:

PS. slaps nub zetu :hmf:

Edit: Just a quick question, on which world CTF will be organized next?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

lol, nice management to make a draw out of one sided event, thanks to Nisa's Nitros sportsmanship but I personally prefer to lose in an even event rather that gaining the draw from other side and management.

And guess what? The teams were not balance like the last event.

I have many practical suggestion for having a better event, let me know if you are open to listen to them.

DeletedUser30307

wellll....lets just say it was a diplomatic 'draw' :)

i for one THOROUGHLY enjoyed the event, with the exception of the fort fight in the end.
for future something needs to be thought/done about the fort battle, currently it was/is a little unbalanced.

just 'hope' that there is another CTF organized in w11 :)

DeletedUser8627

pffff i demand a recount. and to be honest isn't it a bit weird that after lending em 3 npcs= a massive difference, they still get these insane amounts of points, not to mention they were the defending side!

Thy shalt not question the scores.

I have many practical suggestion for having a better event, let me know if you are open to listen to them.

Here is a perfectly good place to post them. Alternately, respond to your ticket.

Edit: Just a quick question, on which world CTF will be organized next?

I'll be creating a poll on the forum for that. Apparently these events created a lot more hype than I anticipated. But we would like to hold these events where it's busy and a lot of players will involve themselves. I'm sure a poll here on the forum will rule out those who don't want to put effort in.

I'll post the link here shortly.

DeletedUser35968

I really enjoyed the CTF3. But it should be better to have a 24hr event rather than 36. Then people of all time-zones get equal day time. Also Fort battle should be little modified to make it balanced. I felt Defense side had some advantage over attackers.

DeletedUser34513

A tie! Seriously? Shouldn't we go into some type of sudden death overtime? :D

Colt 44 WCF

Sounds like fun Too bad I didn't get a chance to join.. My fault i saw the mesage but did not know if I would be around to participate....how can I help my town / sector

DeletedUser

Here is a perfectly good place to post them. Alternately, respond to your ticket.

1) Make balance teams. If you do not know how to make a balance let me know I can give you full instruction on it :D
Even random teams was more balance that what we had in last CTF event.

2) Ban using all potions from shop during the event. It's not fair to give people chance to use those 800 and 1000 bond/nuggets potions to reset skills and/or attributes during the event. One player can start with full HorseBackRiding as runner then in last 4-6 hours of the event go for full dueller to help the team capturing most number of stations and be a full HP in the fort battle. It's like having teams with different number of players :D

2-1) It's not reasonable to ban using HP and energy potions which cost just 18-38 bond/nuggets and give participants the chance to use 800 and 1000 bond/nuggets potions.

2-2) If you want to give people chance to use mentioned 800-1000 bond/nuggets potions give each player fixed number of potion. During the event they should use all of those potions else it will get removed from their inventory. Also they have to start and end the event with same skill build.

3) Fixed the rules before the event start. I know these events were just some test (and we where like mouses in labs :cool: ) but in each event we realize some change in the last minute or even in the middle of event. That's not fair. For example if I knew that using those mentioned potion is allowed I would not participate in the event coz I can not afford to use them I do not see any fair play giving chance to rich team (players) using them.

For the first event we realized that we do not need the quarters anymore just a few minutes before event start and I personally spend some hours gathering those :D
In second event in the middle of event we realized that the duelling level is not removed. So we were safe from those high level duellers both from other team and outside of event.
And in third event we realized that other team got the option to use those 800-1000 nuggets potions, so as far as I know one of our members did the same too.

4) Update the scores every 6 or 8 hours. At least two times in the event. So teams know how to prevent the other team from gaining more points.

The current system is just competition between two teams to gain more points in the event. If you update the score and that include the detail that how many point each players gain it gives option to other team to prevent you from getting points and it makes the competition much more fun.

5) Before the first event each team suppose to update the town profile with name of runners and duellers, back then duellers supposed not to carry flag and just duel, the same for runners, not to duel anyone and just get duelled :rolleyes: . (which makes more sense to me)
I think it's still a viable option. It also make teams more balance coz the team leaders should make sure that each team have same number of runners and duellers to make event fair.

DeletedUser8627

Prizes for world 11 CTF event will be handed out during the course of this week. Please be patient while we finalize and sort this out from our side.

Dash;

1. Teams are up to the players, we allow them to join the side they want to join. Only if there is more players on one side will we adjust the numbers.

2. With the new theme coming into the next CTF event, we will be rewriting the announcements and will most likely make adjustments to the ruling.

3. Basically the same as number 2.

4. Scores again? Seriously?
We have a number of people working on the event at any given time, our communication is good but problems occur. And problems we do not want to make public. Imagine we announce a winning team and they slack a little only to find out we actually made a mistake with the score card. Devastating blow that would be err...

5. Town profiles and the basic mechanic of CTF events are being adjusted with the new theme. We have another plan we wish to implement.

-------------------------------------------

Just to give everyone some insight on what's happening behind the scenes.

The next CTF event is going to adopt a new theme, new items, new gear exclusive to CTF events only. This transition however will not take effect all in one go but rather piece by piece as we have to wait until gear and new items are developed into the game. But the overall layout and general theme will be issued into our next world, which should spice things up a little.

Arrgh Mateys! It be time fer them Chinamen t' run fer the hills! We've got the saltiest seadogs ye ever met!

DeletedUser35968

I just win 1000bonds from CTF :) I am all in for valentine's day events :D