GM Event - Capture the Flag (World Dakota only) - DISCUSSION

DeletedUser

I have this question:

If a player starts from homebase and gets a few flags and then gets nervous and wants to keep the flags safe by bring them home she can continue from where she end, Right? Does not need to start from the station in homebase I suppose. Right? Of course unless she get KO in duel which she will lose all bandana and will go to homebase by default.

For example if you start from station 1 and get second station and third station flag and want to bring them home you do not need to start from station 1 again. Can do directly to station 4 and then 5 and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35968

I guess so Dash!
Its my first time, so I have some questions with dueling.

I got KO'ed today morning. So I can be duelled? Also If I ko'ed during the event, there will be 48hr protection? I like to knew more about the special bonus activated on our character.

And We get both dueling xp and real xp from the duels?

DeletedUser8627

I have this question:

If a player starts from homebase and gets a few flags and then gets nervous and wants to keep the flags safe by bring them home she can continue from where she end, Right? Does not need to start from the station in homebase I suppose. Right? Of course unless she get KO in duel which she will lose all bandana and will go to homebase by default.

For example if you start from station 1 and get second station and third station flag and want to bring them home you do not need to start from station 1 again. Can do directly to station 4 and then 5 and so on.

Each time you gain a few bandannas and bank them at your home base you start again at the station in your homebase county.

So if you go through station 1 - 4, then back home, you will need to start at station 1 again.

I guess so Dash!
Its my first time, so I have some questions with dueling.

I got KO'ed today morning. So I can be duelled? Also If I ko'ed during the event, there will be 48hr protection? I like to knew more about the special bonus activated on our character.

And We get both dueling xp and real xp from the duels?

Duel protection scripts will be run throughout the event. Once it is run, it will move duel protection off your account which means players can duel you.

There is no special bonuses activated on your character, we are simply removing the 48 hour protection caused from a KO each time.

Snr Sarg

I thought the event started this morning, yet I still can't duel any of the players below my duel level, and some have KO protection still - I'm not signed up to the event, but still intend to running amok to disrupt both sides :dastardly:

DeletedUser8627

I thought the event started this morning, yet I still can't duel any of the players below my duel level, and some have KO protection still - I'm not signed up to the event, but still intend to running amok to disrupt both sides :dastardly:

You cannot run amok because you're not in the event :p

The last person who messed with the Chinese characters at each station had the army on high alert and landed up in snooze mode :p

Snr Sarg

You cannot run amok because you're not in the event :p

The last person who messed with the Chinese characters at each station had the army on high alert and landed up in snooze mode :p

I was talking about the real players, not the Chinese.

During the last CTF event, I received plenty of attacks, outside of my duel level, from players not part of the event - the opposing alliance did a great job of calling in their troops, even though they were not 'in' the event. This is what I was hoping to do this time, why was this part changed?

DeletedUser8627

I was talking about the real players, not the Chinese.

During the last CTF event, I received plenty of attacks, outside of my duel level, from players not part of the event - the opposing alliance did a great job of calling in their troops, even though they were not 'in' the event. This is what I was hoping to do this time, why was this part changed?

Oh yes, no problems attacking the event players, we just had an issue with non event players hitting the chinese that are there for event players only.

And there has been a slight change, we did not activate certain options on the player account that would allow them to be duelled by just anyone.

DeletedUser35968

I am not receiving any duels from outside. And its pretty easy for a normal dueler to beat the Chinese who stays at stations. And I can duel players in my dueling range only.

And I should've been more fun, if there were 4 teams. I can imagine NPCs wearing yellow and green gears too..

DeletedUser8916

The event was very fun and would definitely do it again. 48 hrs seems to be a really good play time.

I was not able to duel event players with lower dueling levels as I thought (this must have been a bug).

I would not make dueling the NPC's any harder, since the point of those duels is to own the county.

I wonder if it could be possible to monitor the opponents current score (maybe the use of a scoreboard)? That way strategies may adjusted accordingly.

All in all it was very fun and a great concept for an event.

DeletedUser8627

Thank you for all the feedback that has been posted, I received some through the support system too.

I would just like to touch up on a few things that were mentioned and some of the changes we are going to be making in the next events.

Firstly, the duelling aspect. In the previous event, players participating in the event had GM options activated on their account which allowed certain restrictions like dueling level and added tasks such as sleep to be bypassed. We purposely didn't add these options in this event because of the abuse it can receive. Luckily in the first event we didn't have much problems but we will get new GM options added that will best suit our needs. In other words, the CTF event will be a lot of duelling type of event, we want to focus a lot more on this rather than the flag running as that seems to be going pretty well at the moment.

A lot of stuff was mentioned about scores and having an updated score board. There is advantages and disadvantages to having it or not for both the players and admins. I'll sit down with this and think it through and see which would be the more viable option. It won't be very difficult to implement though.

The timing of the event seems to be good too, 48 hours wasn't too long nor too short and having it over the weekend seems to attract a lot more players. I think we will keep this as is!

And lastly about NPC dueling, their stats are going to be drastically increased so not everyone will simply win a duel against them. The poor NPCs were KOed countless times during the 48 hours the event ran. We would like to make this more of an effort to achieve.

DeletedUser35968

As i heard, there will be one more CTF in world 11. If it happens, I want all of you to join it. Because it will be more fun if there are 4 teams to participate. I had fun even though only 2 teams were there. And thanks for the reward, CTF!.

DeletedUser

Only small fear i got that it might fall at the same time with the 2,08 update most are maybe distracted finding out all the new stuff that gets added?

DeletedUser35968

Starting at Friday evening and ending at Sunday evening would be a nice timing.

DeletedUser26412

i have just read the rules for the new CTF event, sounds very different. at first i liked the idea of the changes but now im not sure!
i will wait to see how the scoring is going to work before i decide if i should play or not.

# will the FF be right after 48 hrs CTF? i put a lot of hrs in when i play, so after 48 hrs all i want to do is sleep im not sure i could do a ff and enjoy it.

# i think the duelers need to get more points for hitting NPC or the flag runners will get more pts no matter how hard the duelers work.
it takes 6 duels (minim) to take a station, that's 1hr to get 22pts. in that time a flag runner can get 40-50 pts or more!
therefor runners get more bonds so its better to run the flag even as a dueler!

# for me CTF is about the excitement of running and dueling. im a bit worried this is going to turn into a fort fighting event! because people setup to duel wont do as well as the fort fighters in the end battle and with scoring less pts as i said above i see np setting up to duel! i will wait and see how the point are going to work and think about how it might play out.

# i would like all players scores to be posted in telegrams at the end also so we can see how things went.
maybe even put them on the RANKING as an over all score at some point?
in the last event IvanMiletic beat me by just 1 point on Nisa's team (i didnt get to see Chloe's team scores). it was very exciting my last duel hit an NPC 9 seconds before the end.

# another important thing i talked about with Twista was finding a way to set everybody's basic speed the same regardless of level so that low level players can gain the same points from flags that the high level ones can. some players could get round the map in less than 1 hr but low level players can take 2-3 time that giving them a big disadvantage.

anyway i best go get some craft products for the team :)

DeletedUser

The first CTF was fun, with some duels between other team and even outsiders toward duellers and runners. The second one was just for running, no one duelled me even once, in case runners be safe there is no point in capturing stations. And after you capture all stations other team duellers can run their last lap (like 4 hours before event ends) as team of 8 or 9 duellers and duel the Chinese in stations and recapture them all back and get the points for capturing them and ignore the duel toward Chinese or other team for the rest of event and run. Nisa's post about score in Onions forum shows how low percent was the duel score compare to runners score.

Also if there be no update on score then you do not know how hard you have to try to win or keep the advantage then it's not fun. I personally think score should update every 6 or at most 12 hours, also score should be base on players, so you know which runner and dueller are more active in other team so duel active runners and avoid active duellers.

Nisa

Nisa's post about score in Onions forum shows how low percent was the duel score compare to runners score.

Also if there be no update on score then you do not know how hard you have to try to win or keep the advantage then it's not fun..

Just keep in mind neither side knew what was the current score. We had low percent of duel score cause we decided to run laps rather than capturing stations. We did a math and decided to concentrate on keeping only one station that we used as a home base that saved us 12 mins of traveling to hometown.
In first Ctf event close to the end other team was so loud in alliance chat how they won, even I was thinking we lost cause we didnt know how much points they had.So its kinda fun when you dont know what will be the outcome.
In second one as well. Close to end players rushed to duel npcs to score last points, when there was no more time to do one more full lap. As MrM said he finished a duel on npc 9 sec before the end lol, if we knew we had advantage players probably wouldnt be trying that hard to score last points :) so its all part of fun.

There will be some changes in next one, real duelers will be more important and needed and hopefully even more fun.