West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

I hadn't looked real closely at crafting in 2.0, but it actually looks a lot easier. I had originally jumped on the harder first part of the three part recipes, but overall it seems simpler. If you go by TW-DB's times, the time required for most recipes is lower, assuming products drop as they're supposed to. Still though, when you go back to the shorter easy jobs, 3 hours to grind the products to craft an item could mean 90 jobs. That's a lot of sitting at the computer clicking instead of queuing three hours and walking away.

DeletedUser

Also i don't quite understand products drop rates.

For example, i was doing tending pigs (60% drop rate for ham) and i needed 100 ham. I have found at least one ham in every report, often even 2 hams.
I assumed it was only the case for jobs that have 110% chance to products.

Same thing with harvest pumpkins, 60% drop rate, so far i found 200 pumpkins and in all reports i got at least 1 pumpkin.
Even submitted bug report, but got reply that it is a feature.

I'm not sure that tw-db has that calculated as well, rather craft times are based on 60% drop rate.

DeletedUser30899

My thoughts on 2.0 after playing Beta Enewetak for a while:

1) Unless a person has a massive amount of free time and nothing better to do than sit at their computer for hours clicking on jobs, the new job times make crafting a massive hassle. If they stay the same when fully implemented, the first thing I am going to do is delete every world where crafting has been the main focus for me (1/3 of the worlds I play)

2) Even more of an issue for me is the new chat system. Personally, the only real reason I still play this game and spend some of my money on it is because I have gotten to know a number of other people here pretty well over the last 3 years and have become friends with several of them. The only reason I log on some days is to hop into chat and have a laugh with these people from all over the world. The new hidden chat basically ends that interaction amongst town and alliance members.

DeletedUser

My thoughts on 2.0 after playing Beta Enewetak for a while:

1) Unless a person has a massive amount of free time and nothing better to do than sit at their computer for hours clicking on jobs, the new job times make crafting a massive hassle. If they stay the same when fully implemented, the first thing I am going to do is delete every world where crafting has been the main focus for me (1/3 of the worlds I play)

2) Even more of an issue for me is the new chat system. Personally, the only real reason I still play this game and spend some of my money on it is because I have gotten to know a number of other people here pretty well over the last 3 years and have become friends with several of them. The only reason I log on some days is to hop into chat and have a laugh with these people from all over the world. The new hidden chat basically ends that interaction amongst town and alliance members.

The reports of 2.0 get worse...I am constantly filled with dread, when 2.0 arrives on the public worlds, The. West. Will. Die.

Heed thy words fellow nerds!

*rides off into sunset*

DeletedUser

In my opinion, the only thing that needs to be fixed is job times. They need to be adjustable, with a maximum of an hour (2 hours would be even better). Everything else is an improvement :)

DeletedUser

Corrected :D
So, are the reports that 2.0 will be bad coming from those who know, or is it pure rumor?

I don't like my experience with it on Beta. I'd rather it never came, but I might like it better when I'm playing accounts I actually care about and working towards some goal instead of just randomly doing jobs to experiment with a Beta account I don't care about. I really did hate it on Beta 3 and our test world here with low levels. On Beta 3 I considered getting in on the XP race, but I hated 2.0 at low levels and stopped bothering, so I probably won't be starting on a new world any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On the regular worlds, I would level up in the low levels really quickly but on 2.0, I have stuck as a zero mot dueler as I could simply not sit around all day trying to complete the quests and level up at the same time.

However, there have been many improvements and I am collecting resources in order to craft when 2.0 kicks in (wood and iron are lower drop rates in 2.0 and you need 4 coal instead of 1 for graphite) and I will probably craft and duel.

The dueling is easier as you can often find multiple targets now on one job spot, but, the negative side is that you don't know if they are doing the high cash job or not for example, silver mining is at the same place as prospecting and you can't tell what type of build (skill set) a character may have as also prospecting is at the same site as digging for rare gemstones, mining for lead and mining for sulfur.

Like everyone else, the job times and the chat bother me and in all the time since 2.0 rolled in, I have had 2 chats online, where as before, there was often someone chatting away, thus killing the social side of the game.

I don't however have a problem with the game play and I like the layout and positioning of things and the fact that the devs have listened to many, many ideas and fix proposals since the release on beta. I just hope they fix the two issues above and make building forts easier as that could also cause massive problems. Forts will change hands daily as you can't build them fast enough to be able to counter the massive hp and greater numbers in attack with only 4 people on a corner until the towers are built and resources will not be stored in the fort due to the turnover. I think that the forts should be distributed built and based on a percentage of number of forts owned before 2.0 rolls in rather than making it a free for all. Also, attacking numbers could be reduced to being equal to the defenders and then as the fort is built, more attackers can be added until it is finished and the attackers go back to the original numerical advantage over the defenders

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seeing as there are two issues repeated in these comments, has anyone made a concerted effort in beta to propose fixes/alternatives two those two issues?

DeletedUser16008

That too, but it's not to do with 2.0.

Sure it is, just an example of what gets listened to, a year later and still nothing...

So heres the answer to HS

1 Job times problem, ahhh yes mindboggling in stupidity.To ask if anyone has made a concerted effort to give feedback is extremely funny I personally know a good 2 dozen who have half of which gave alternatives/fixes suggestions... zip response.

2 Chat. To be honest it wasnt broke to begin with, you cant get a decent convo going in V2, I gave up and im pretty sure this being a social game having developed so much since chat was introduced enough people have made the devs aware. There is a simple alternative to the west chat problem and was used before west chat was introduced some will go back to that albeit only a very small amount.

I read Beta forums, inno are well aware these two key areas are a big concern for the playing community and had plenty of attempted suggestions. To be honest it is hard to keep making excuses for such ridiculous and awful changes that are so clearly and frequently pointed out. If they go ahead as is then it will be with full knowledge of these flaws.

The Brilliant idea of making job times so low and repetitive and NOT having a good social networking chat system anymore whilst being forced to be online so much and having nothing else to do is ...... absolutely inspired..... I cannot even begin to tell you how clever that is ... genius pure genius.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe they think people will have battle manoeuvres to pass the time or a dozen chats open :blink:

What do Inno think people will do with a ruined chat and silly job times looking at a screen with crap graphics, clicking a button every few mins and the inability to chat to the usual crowd for something to do while waiting.... Seriously ? a moron could work that out in less than six days let alone six months.

They kill the social side then thats it over as most log in at least half the time for the social side, not the gameplay ... its not like the game is diverse and attention grabbing after youve played for a few months, its repetitive and the social side makes it worthwhile, ruin that and its just lost half the appeal.

Its been 6 months since V2 was announced, don't tell me inno are blissfully unaware of these issues, nor had suggestions aplenty when you consider there are so many country servers,

I have never ever seen such an unpopular update, in so many areas from so many people. it seems as usual inno know best... sometimes you just have to accept the lunatics are running the asylum :rolleyes:

You do remember my golden goose prediction don't you HS ? ;)

DeletedUser

Fix to work times: put them back how they were.
Fix to fort products: put them back how they were.
Where is the "Double approve" button?

Only thing I can say about 2.0, is that I have tried it - I really tried, WITH premium (premium is cheaper on beta). I restarted on Alamorgodo from scratch just before they changed it, and it was still fun. Then 2.0 happened... I am currently at the point where I stopped caring if I make good use of the time while I still have premium, I would rather just let the premium run out instead of trying to make anything of it (too much effort for too little reward). I really hope it takes a long time before 2.0 comes to the normal playing worlds.

"Please Inno, don't change it..."

DeletedUser23201

Well im afraid i have bad new, their facebook page just posted the first world goes to 2.0 tommorow on the hungarian servers, RIP the west :(

DeletedUser30899

Well said Victor Kruger. Couldn't agree more. 2.0 is so bad, I have quit Beta Enewetak. I kept playing hoping, really hoping, that things would improve but as it is now, I am counting down the days until I quit every world.

DeletedUser34464

Well im afraid i have bad new, their facebook page just posted the first world goes to 2.0 tommorow on the hungarian servers, RIP the west :(

Saw this & LOL. Negative to positive reaction seems to run around 85-15, and they're going ahead, rah rah, all is great, know you can't wait! Maybe if the new world sits there empty/ abysmal retention rate they'll get the hint. Come on Hungarians, the fate of The West may be in your hands!