West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

Okay...I have 3 members and I am HOPING that the 1,000 quota won't be met (or that I'm amongst them) they say that IF the 1,000 quota of towns with more than 1 member isn't met, they will look at 1-member towns. Sooooo, my having 3 members...keeping my fingers crossed that we are in the 1,000. I am going to thrash out a few church levels anyway as a lot of people say that they build points significantly. I have been neglecting my church and it is only at level 1. Should be quite easy to pile on a few levels and gain some points then. Here's hoping...

DeletedUser34781

Do the devs even care what the feedback is? from reading all of this wrote here is all good old constructive criticism.and what are odds of them not giving a crap and going ahead with it as it is on beta.i play less on my worlds as a result of all this,knowing its moving to a worse direction of gaming style.

they should keep one world as it is now and let us all migrate to it if we hated v 2.0.(which i do).stopped buying nuggets as a result also..only look at the falling numbers to see everyone thinks why continue to play/pay when they are just going to go ahead n ruin the game.DEVs have never placed much emphasis on "customers" satifaction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do the devs even care what the feedback is? from reading all of this wrote here is all good old constructive criticism.and what are odds of them not giving a crap and going ahead with it as it is on beta.i play less on my worlds as a result of all this,knowing its moving to a worse direction of gaming style.

they should keep one world as it is now and let us all migrate to it if we hated v 2.0.(which i do).stopped buying nuggets as a result also..only look at the falling numbers to see everyone thinks why continue to play/pay when they are just going to go ahead n ruin the game.DEVs have never placed much emphasis on "customers" satifaction.

Agreed. Innogames has never really cared about the West, if they get cash from it, great, but we're not really important, it doesn't matter that this is the only game that requires actual thought to play. instead of ANOTHER farming clone.

DeletedUser30417

Hear hear! Keeping a single version 1 server is a very good idea.

The more I play v2.0 on beta, the more I begin to hate it. Thus far the devs haven't released any info whether they're going to change the dreadful jobsystem on v2.0 or use other of the feedback from players. Maybe they think they can attract more players with it, but I wonder how long these new players will play. Because players that like fast paced games aren't players that play a game for very long. In my opinion Innogames targets the wrong customer market and at the same time alienate the customers that have been bringing in all the cash for the past few years.

The 1st thing i will do when forced to play on v2.0 (in it current state) is to disable all premium features, maybe with the exception of Character bonus. That would mean Inno would lose more than 75% of the money I pour in this game.

DeletedUser

I've been saying that on our game forum. I haven't played the Beta but if it truly turns out to be as crap as everyone is saying then all the long-term premium players (like myself) won't BUY premium anymore and Inno will lose out on BUCKET-LOADS of cash. They REALLY need to start reading what the people who HAVE played the Beta of V2 are saying. Personally, I'll give it a fair trial...if I don't like it, I'm out. And I have been on World 1 since not long after it STARTED. :-(

DeletedUser34781

The beta just doesn't flow or allow the players log in /out as per they way we like to at our own pace.
Depending on energy levels etc the current job system times works as it is for me - you say oh ok i'm away for 3 hours i will set the 3 jobs and chat/messages/buy/sell etc then log out.
Having to look for 1 hour jobs near you that you can do is not viable or effecient. I mean have the devs ever even played this game.

DeletedUser

petee is finishing coding for quests. it shouldn't take too long to upload new requirements.

DeletedUser

What is the compensation for lost forts in 2.0?

I don't think we have been told. I read here early on a statement saying towns would be compensated for forts they lost in 2.0 but I never saw another thing about it. Will there be compensation or not? If so what will it be?

DeletedUser

wow...that is pretty shocking. No compensations for towns, just an achievement for the people in a town with one or more forts.

DeletedUser

We don't know if that is what we'll get or not, we don't know what we'll get at all. No need to jump to conclusions about what they give out in beta. You have to remember its only beta so things like that will be scaled back some.

DeletedUser34464

Here is the link and check new crafting requirements and jobs that will come. http://beta.tw-db.info/ No new questlines added :(
Any1 knows the date yet?
http://forum.the-west.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=651624

The crafting requirement changes just don't make any sense. It's like they just randomly decided to make changes without any regard to how they fit in the game. Cutting Boards? Now basically worthless as an income source- wood will probably sell for more.

The Jam change makes even less sense. Jam was already cheaper & easier to produce than Stewed Beans & Bacon - even more more so now. Melee duelers who want to buff predict will be paying double vs range duelers buff (But they couldn't delete the pan, that would hurt smithys.)

Instead of messing with recipes to try and encourage crafting, why on earth didn't they just come up with uses for all the pointless products. Some are so obvious -you make a wagon wheel, you make a wagon part.....hmmm....what could we possibly do with those two parts?

At the very least, the easiest way to have given purpose to some items would be to make them the repeatable quest items, instead of using items which already have a purpose in the game.

DeletedUser

It's the changes to the three part recipes (graphite lube etc) that really bug me (though I haven't really looked closely at all the changes). They were always a quick and easy fallback for daily crafting tasks if I didn't have the products for three of whatever my primary recipe was. That's pretty much been killed.

DeletedUser34464

It's the changes to the three part recipes (graphite lube etc) that really bug me (though I haven't really looked closely at all the changes). They were always a quick and easy fallback for daily crafting tasks if I didn't have the products for three of whatever my primary recipe was. That's pretty much been killed.

But there no consistency there either. For example, the smithy 3 part went from an est 1:46 time frame to 3:46, while the saddler actually went down from 2:22 to 1:10 due to leather drop rate increase.

I suspect the lube difficulty jump is due to the fundamental mistake most free-to-play developers make- you can't force premium. The thinking goes "too many people are using lube, therefore not buying our weapon oil. We need to decrease the availability of lube."
The reality is only x% of your players go premium. The majority of lube users will just go without buff if supply dries up. Far more likely to get people who lean toward premium to try an in-game buff, like it, want an more powerful buff.

DeletedUser

They were always a quick and easy fallback for daily crafting tasks if I didn't have the products for three of whatever my primary recipe was. That's pretty much been killed.

not quite. looking at field cook, charcoal now needs 1 wood, 1 granite. with 50% drop rate on granite, it's still really easy. and then charcoal is also usefull and can be sold easily.

DeletedUser34464

not quite. looking at field cook, charcoal now needs 1 wood, 1 granite. with 50% drop rate on granite, it's still really easy. and then charcoal is also usefull and can be sold easily.

But look past the first one. Field cooks 3-parter (cooked baked beans) went from 1:38 est to 5:49! 4 granite, 4 Tomatoes for puree, a job that turns grey 10 in, and the beans drop rate down.
Cake- from 1:31 to 4:13 - basically a whole energy cycle.

You really want to see field cooks getting jobbed compare all the classes new 600 level job reqs.

DeletedUser

The three part recipes were ALWAYS easiest for a fallback. A higher drop rate on granite doesn't make up for the fact that one tomato, one fools gold, one coal, or one leather was enough for two recipes. With my field cook, 6 hours of picking tomatoes for a day was good for a week's worth of fallback crafting for daily tasks. [It also gives you an extra chance of excellent results.] Making them more difficult has also made the tonic peddler and saddler's 600 recipes more difficult, not to mention the cook's 550 recipe. I don't want to know how many hours I've spent on steaks. I grind most of them myself.