West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

I think HOTKEYS are best new feature for a quite some time. And they are even CUSTOMIZABLE!
Awesomeness in this is too great to describe

Which leads to another question: what the heck were they waiting with this? Online game in 2012. which did not have hotkeys?

Agreed, they're one of the best new features in this version.

DeletedUser

I hope they're listening to the feedback, because I'm not loving it either. I'll still be here, but I don't consider the job changes and improvement. Maybe if they increase the max queue considerably. It still might not be that bad, because the harder jobs have longer durations, not shorter, it's just bad for grinding products for crafting or questing, especially with the new drop rates.

DeletedUser

I hope they're listening to the feedback, because I'm not loving it either. I'll still be here, but I don't consider the job changes and improvement. Maybe if they increase the max queue considerably. It still might not be that bad, because the harder jobs have longer durations, not shorter, it's just bad for grinding products for crafting or questing, especially with the new drop rates.

Yeah, and doing dailies for high lvl players is a pain in the arse.... instead of the 15min/30min for the saloon's and 1h/2h for the rest, it's endless hours now...

DeletedUser16008

So whats this i hear about getting a 48 hr pass if your koed in a fort battle now then hmmmm ? :rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me no ?

DeletedUser30224

I like it. Some things needs to be changed, but I like the whole thing more than I dislike. Great Job.

Obviously Duel lvl doesn't mean a thing since it will be updated for everyone, the duel exp is too high, but I always loved duel exp. Fort Ko will be changed to not affect 48h protection, if jobs have the same, they will have to be changed. Some jobs that are required in the crafting might need tweaking, but as I said, good job.

If we find more problems, I am sure Inno will change them ;) Keep us happy so to speak.

DeletedUser

I haven't heard about that. I was KO'd in a battle last night and today I can duel without problems.

The dailies issue, however, is a big deal. While you would need to do 15min for every saloon daily, now you have to do some hard jobs more than once, which often means 4h or 6h for each. Huge difference here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The map looks nice except I cannot resize it to fit my monitor nicely so lots of scrolling up and down to see all the information, which, tbh is rather tiresome. I like the job clusters as it does tidy up the map somewhat and is great for dueling as there will be lots of people around one spot!

I don't like the job times or changes to quests and am thankful that I have completed all quests on Arizona as there is no way I am going to do quests like hard labor at level 20 that take 72 energy in 1.x and 720 energy in 2.0!! After 32/240 jobs, which takes a little over 1 hour, you have no energy, 0 motivation, therefore no money or exp and have to either pay nuggets to play the rest of the day, use loads of bonds (which at low levels are not possible), or sleep for 8 hours then click away every 2 minutes again for another 1 hour of playing time.

It is insanity and I will definitely avoid doing jobs after 2.0 is run out and just duel as it seems to be the only unchanged aspect of the game and due to the high danger jobs, there will be more people running around low on hp :)

Bad Billy Jack

I don't like the job times or changes to quests and am thankful that I have completed all quests on Arizona as there is no way I am going to do quests like hard labor at level 20 that take 72 energy in 1.x and 720 energy in 2.0!! After 32/240 jobs, which takes a little over 1 hour, you have no energy, 0 motivation, therefore no money or exp and have to either pay nuggets to play the rest of the day, use loads of bonds (which at low levels are not possible), or sleep for 8 hours then click away every 2 minutes again for another 1 hour of playing time.

It is insanity and I will definitely avoid doing jobs after 2.0 is run out and just duel as it seems to be the only unchanged aspect of the game and due to the high danger jobs, there will be more people running around low on hp :)

Add that daily quests including repeatables & basic crafting (Blacksmith lowest craft now requires 4 coal, not 1) are harder to complete now, so that encourages duelers for daily tasks.

Then dueler camping at job grouping sites.

Duelers probably still get their FFing crits too!

Inno has changed the game totally to a dueler's paradise.

Not good at all...

Last edited:

DeletedUser16008

Add that daily quests including repeatables & basic crafting (Blacksmith lowest craft now requires 4 coal, not 1) are harder to complete now, so that encourages duelers for daily tasks.

Then dueler camping at job grouping sites.

Duelers probably still get their FFing crits too!

Inno has changed the game totally to a dueler's paradise.

Not good at all...

Hardly, yes the dueler class will have to go nowhere and can hit loads for afar... only problem is with the xp now his duel level will be out of range pretty fast.

Which is ok except FF etc will be safe and ill be pretty peeved if i cant hit tanks that are responsible for nicking my towns fort... deuling is also about protecting your town and thats going to be pretty hard in the future. Not to mention its how duelers get their money because they cant job for it like all the rest ...

DeletedUser

that blacksmith crafts are a bit harder is something badly needed

try to imagine being a tonic peddler, you need to get peaceflowers to reach high level, freeing slaves is a 20% drop in a 2 hour job you need around 50 of those peace flowers

so first you need to be able to do the hardest job there is in the game, and then do it for atleast 500 hours to get the amount of peaceflowers

blacksmiths need, coal, wool, iron hammers, granite all jobs with droprates that increased in tw.2 with a lot of % so are much easier not to mention almost all jobs for blacksmith you can do as low level, and only take 5 minutes

no imagine a peddler, he needs to get lotus flower, rum ,peace flowers, roses etc, or cooks need, steaks, rum, crab meat etc all harder and especially very lengthy jobs

even with smith needing a few more products, you can with the new job system even as lower level almost reach level 600 in a month, whereas the other crafts require you to be having an all jobs build and very high level to even get those products you need(even for lower level crafts) not to mention all those jobs are 60-90-120 minute jobs, instead of 2-5-10-30 minute jobs.

Only thing that got improved for other crafts then blacksmiths are those till level 50-100, after that you need to be high ranked with job builds doing non stop 2 hour jobs to get the products

so being a blacksmith is really easy compared to other crafts(already is, but in tw.2 even more)
only 2 products i believe are harder in tw.2 are lead and iron for smiths, but barely harder

PS also hard labour quests, needs you to coal mine 48 times, and repair fences 120 times, trust me that those 2 resources will be there in abundance

DeletedUser

Hello,
after these days of playing on 2.00-01 beta server, I (and my friend) have formed several opinions, thoughts and suggestions. Here they are:

Interface and visual side

New interface looks overall better than the old one, it just appears more modern now. There are things I like, but also things I don’t.

1 a) Map is definitely the biggest visual upgrade since west 1.x, I like how it looks now, feels almost like a picture :)

1 b) Jobs and quest givers are not everywhere, so I can actually see that map without having brown circles on top of everything. Also, “icons” for works look now just great, most of them are almost blending with the map (but since there is glow around them, they are recognizable).

But, well, there are also many things I do not like...

1 c) There are still few things which were not changed, like icons for other players in locations and now it does not fit very well in the map graphics.

1 d) What changed is the representation of character himself (player icon): Seeing little guy walking around definitely blends better with this map and interface (too much I think, there could also be some kind of glow around it). But although that animation looks interesting, it could confuse newbies, because in fact you remain in the same location. Little guy also flies over lakes, mountains and so on, ignoring all beautifully drawn narrow roads (which doesn’t look pretty at all, especially those right angle turns) so in the end it looks less realistic than if he was just standing still.

1 e) The whole interface was changed, but: Why are some icons pretty big and some of them so tiny that I can’t even see what they mean?
Like those around portrait. There is huge portrait (reason?), but small energy/hp bars and tiny icons next to it that I have even problems clicking on? Why? “Friends” button is not more important than Quest book for me. Make these icons bigger, please.
And those icons for moving screen to player/town/fort. They are small, too, but what is worse, they look all the same. Brown squares, no visible difference and I just have to remember which is which.
And about town forum... I hope icon position and its picture are just temporary, right?

1 f) When I freshly log in, no flashing tells me if new telegram arrived like it did in 1.x. Same goes with reports. Quick bar solves this a bit, but first you have to be logged on to see them, second clicking on them never opens the report, which I could use to read it in detail, third there is no quick icon to access them (even though a hotkey does). Friends could get a smaller icon and switch the existing one with reports. They are more often used, at least in my case.

1 g) Last but not least important change for me - Chat.
I can’t help it, it is horrible having to open window to see chat. Why making this game less sociable? It should be a part of user interface like it always was. And hide it with a button.
What I do like are separate tabs for whisper. Saves time and ensures correct recipient of message.

Overall design of game

2 a) Because of better graphics loading time is twice than west 1.x’s (West 1.x 3,5 MB, West 2.x 6,5 MB) which kills availability to play on slower connection, like at weekend house or mobile phone. Turning off the animations in options does not work for those introduced in 2.0.

2 b) I like having less sectors (also bigger ones), looks better on minimap.

2 c) Speed bonus for greenhorn cancelled (2500% for first few hours does not help), why?

Jobs

3 a) I understand why you have changed job times. But I think you did not have to make these times mandatory, give player a choice (1m, 30m, 1h, etc.). You could still make shorter times more rewarding for active players.

3 b) Considering new job times, you should remake hardest work quests. Clicking 240x on stream fishing loses its charm.

3 c) Merging jobs into groups is fine idea, but you also reduced number of jobs per location, making traveling times longer.

Details

4 a) Settings on your minimap (what to show) should be remembered.

4 b) You did a great job by allowing to search jobs on minimap not only by keyword, but also by products. You could also add searching quest givers.

4 c) Another good thing: When I cancel job I am traveling to and have the same one stacked, I do not lose the time I already traveled.

4 d) Quick icons for start job, travel to town are a nice touch.

Well, I hope these thoughts will help you to get some feedback at least.
Thank you :)

DeletedUser25606

firstly,,all those people including myself who've done the work to be 0 mot ,that's out the window?
i wish people would stop saying "enhanced premium" worlds,,with the introduction of fort shops thats all over,,YOU CAN BUY ENERGY ,,its just twice the cost in nuggets ,and dont say any dribble about crafted products,,crafting was just a half put together scheme to soften the blow of fort shops,,nothing but marketing.

i joined colardo for the no energy refill and was a prem player,,i got to rank 24 after starting 3 weeks late ,,fort shops came ,,i hit vacation ,then after the migration im rank 400 something,..again..you pay for a product and inno changes that product..i payed for a product which gave a lvl playing field and i had a chance to be a top ranked player,,typically it's changed..fort shops ,migration ..colardo's done..the product advertised is not what's been delivered .(reminds me when i didnt join arizona because i didnt want 1hr jobs and then 11 & 12 were changed anyways AFTER people had made thier choices on worlds)

The duel system changed for fort shop shops for max nugget sales (if you dont know how ,,your an idiot ,im not debating it,same reason higher damage in job ,anyone remember roadmap 09? ,they were always bringing it in)and then to boot ,they change the duel lvl system?

im hitting vaction again..or just delete..this games a circus and basically they dont care,,there looking for a facebook player base without caring about thier current player base

either way...this year started with about 120k players,...down into the 50 thous' now...there's a reason ,have fun with 2.oh no

(and your a mod now vic? lol ,wow)

DeletedUser

Searched but didn't find it (obviously I missed it)

What will happen to the town treasury?
What will happen to the Alliance?
What will happen to the Forums?

If someone please answer me then I will be grateful. Thank you very much.

DeletedUser

None of those are on the list of to-be scrapped items, so I'm assuming they all are migrated. At least, we haven't been told that they wouldn't be.

DeletedUser

Searched but didn't find it (obviously I missed it)

What will happen to the town treasury?
What will happen to the Alliance?
What will happen to the Forums?

If someone please answer me then I will be grateful. Thank you very much.

on beta, all those moved without any loss.

DeletedUser

try to imagine being a tonic peddler, you need to get peaceflowers to reach high level, freeing slaves is a 20% drop in a 2 hour job you need around 50 of those peace flowers

50? You must have better luck with green recipes than me (100% success rate?) because I needed more than 75. I found 550 to 600 with a tonic peddler much easier than I did with my field cook. 75 peace flowers is easier than 600 steaks.

DeletedUser

50? You must have better luck with green recipes than me (100% success rate?) because I needed more than 75. I found 550 to 600 with a tonic peddler much easier than I did with my field cook. 75 peace flowers is easier than 600 steaks.

50 atleast i said, normally 75-100 are needed. as for steaks i disagree, they can be found easily on the market, on colorado despite not even being a cook i had 150 at some point, also you can get slaves for it. Small example do a money job like transport alcohol(500 dollar, + 3-4 times 750 for the rum) and you can afford yourself 3-5 steaks per hour of jobbing with simply buying em, peace flowers are rare barely anyone can do that job so finding ''slaves'' is very hard. and as non prem droprate is 5%=20% per hour=1 per 5 hours on average, that means to get 50 its 250 hours already. on open market they tend to go for 5-10k a piece. so if you can do the job yourself with prem energy, and prem income it might feel more doable then steaks, but steaks are easier to obtain, though that being said both aren't easy and much harder then almost every products needed for blacksmith

DeletedUser

lol, steaks are easily found on the market? 600 steaks? If you're incredibly lucky you can find them for $1k and maybe occasionally a little bit cheaper, but when you need 600 you can't be picky and the average price will be more like $1500. $900k worth of steaks? Anyway, I grind the majority of my products myself and did so for my 600+ tonic peddler, almost 600 field cook, a 500 blacksmith (before hitting an old world roadblock on recipes), and a couple blacksmiths who have made 400-500 bayonets each. I find no satisfaction in buying products (and only do so when I see a good price) or getting other people to do the work for me.

For me the problem with crafting that needs to be addressed is the useless recipes, not any difficulty or balance issues.