West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

you need to finish the fireheart quests first for that to open.

but basically the game isn't better for newbies, travel time is really insane atm, even if you travel to a spot in that you can simply see on the map right next to thwere you are your travelling like 10 minutes already.

Secondly to finish fire heart you need to hunt turkey, which makes you either to go full mobility at start, or atleast invest in setting traps or hiding at start to be able to do that job so soon. normally you got greenhorn set helping there, but seeing you need to finish that quest before you can start the greenhorn quest thats not the case.

Also in the past just having the greenhorn stuff made you able to do the jobs for heading into a new adventure, now however for instance felling trees you need to invest vigor for a bit since green horn set only gives +10 bonus now to that, next to that the felling trees job really hurts(danger) and since its a 1 minute job you need to do it loads to get those wood, i did it 20 times and lost 300 hp(needed to use a hp buff to not get knocked out), with the worst hit being 97 hp

once you got the greenhorn set and past level 11-12 it gets much easier, but before that its a real drag even for experienced players but i reckon devs will alter the huge lack of quests before level 10, its a beta so stuff is bound to change

DeletedUser8627

Money transfer is already a feature within the game, however it has been disabled on EN. Once 2.0 has arrived it will remain disabled.

DeletedUser

Money transfer is already a feature within the game, however it has been disabled on EN. Once 2.0 has arrived it will remain disabled.

it would safe mods a lot of time if it would be here, cos people will simply market push, maybe not big amounts, but they just sell useless stuff for enough dollars, that might be a bit high but not to high that its considered pushing, or people sell there townie 10 products cheap, and then the person getting em sells em for big money on market. there are a lot of ways people give eachother money without that it involves directly giving money but it ends up with getting big money at someone anyway

why not just allow money transfer so people can just help eachother out, and especially on tw.2 money is extremely hard to earn since jobs have less pay out, and with motivation dropping like hell you earn even less

PS crafting costs less products then before also, for instance a chopping board costs 1 wood, instead of 1 wood and a saw, a canteen only needs a cow horn and beaverskin, it seems less products are needed to craft stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1121

Transferring money is turned of to give every player even chances when they start.

DeletedUser

DeletedUser22493

Umm, are you sure clicking strength, for example, won't open buttons for each red skill?
Yeah.. Pretty sure. Unless its a bug.

Works the same way, are you kidding? The Start button makes it appear you can start the job at the nearest location. The current version is pretty much completely useless.
I didn't notice that. Neat! Ive edited my post.

DeletedUser16008

Virtually? I'd question why they bothered to leave it in. Maybe so we can reminisce about when it actually was useful?

I was being kind ;)

How about all the lovely roads your little guys totally ignores and floats over the water and forests from A - B? totally pointless graphics there :rolleyes:

DeletedUser21320

I guess I'll curl up and die then.

I don't have a group, so both my towns will disappear, including the one I had to just pick up recently in w1 to replace the one in w7 that is being trashed.
All my notes and spreadsheets are immediately obsolete.
Crafting still is pointless, and the devs seem not to know or care.
And now I'm going to have to spend my time trying to out-click some kids. lol

And for what, some prettier pictures? No thanks Inno.

DeletedUser

in the past you had do this job for 3 hours of that job for 4 hours, they changed it to do this job 10 times or this job 20 times. but they kinda went beserker with it for instance hard labour quests you needed 3 hours of stream fishing or 3 hours of digging graves

now thats 240 times the job stream fishing(15 sec job, 2 energy) which means you need to spend 480!!!! energy to actually finish it, not to mention the online time

or you need to do digging graves 48 times, another whopping 240 energy needed for it

i now got another quests requesting me to drill wells 18 times(90 energy, 3 hours)

besides the energy problem the biggest problem is that if you are the person that occasionally log in even with automation you will have a hell to complete all these quests since you can queue 9 jobs with automation but they are done in 2 minutes and you need to do it again. however quests demand that you do a huge # of times certain jobs and thats really gonna be a pain it already is, not to mention doing a job 18 or 48 or 240 times gets every job to 0 motivation(which drops 5% per job) in no time, meaning you barely earn any xp or money from jobs anymore)

on a positive aspect, crafting seems to have become somewhat easier less product intense as it is now

DeletedUser17612

Works the same way, are you kidding? The Start button makes it appear you can start the job at the nearest location. The current version is pretty much completely useless.

here is mine without helpful buttons (no premium)
work-screen.jpg

DeletedUser17612

Also in the past just having the greenhorn stuff made you able to do the jobs for heading into a new adventure, now however for instance felling trees you need to invest vigor for a bit since green horn set only gives +10 bonus now to that, next to that the felling trees job really hurts(danger) and since its a 1 minute job you need to do it loads to get those wood, i did it 20 times and lost 300 hp(needed to use a hp buff to not get knocked out), with the worst hit being 97 hp

looks like they changed requirements; or were you talking about getting wood for other quests?
little-eagle-quest.jpg

DeletedUser17612

what is weird you can't get more then 1 product per job devs said, then i reported printing newspapers has a 110% drop, and they say its not a bug but a feature. so is it possible to get more then 1 product on a job?

i got 2 products on a job

2-products-west-2.jpg

Found 3 products on next job

3-products-west-2.jpg

DeletedUser

looks like they changed requirements; or were you talking about getting wood for other quests?

A lot of quest reqs seem to have changed from products to jobs, though not all. The cost of buying products also seems to have gone down, though 5 nuggets for a hammer may be a bug. [Or maybe not, 5 nuggets for a turkey too.]

DeletedUser

Some people have been asking about the actual size of the 2.0 map vs. the 1.36 one. Speaking in terms of travel time, the new map appears to be roughly 60-70 percent of the 1.36 World map, so traveling around will be a little faster, but still not incredibly fast.

As a point of reference, it took my full Indian set dude with fireworks rocket, quarterhorse and golden set three hours to ride from the upper left corner of the 2.0 map to the bottom right corner. No base points in horseback riding.

Edit: 1hr 10 min vertical travel distance across the map, 3hr 10 min horizontal travel distance.