video games you would like to see made into a movie

DeletedUser

Hmmm Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Its basically a movie lol. Just please dnt let it be horrible lol.

DeletedUser

I want to see Red Faction: Guerilla as a movie. Now if Spielburg, Tarantino, Rodgriguez or someone good like that was the director it, and it had good financial support, It would be at the top of the list.

I'd like to see Robert Downie Jr. as Alec Mason with Mark Whalberg as Dan Mason, George Clooney as the Red Faction commander, (Idk who should play Samanya).

Anthony Hoppkins should play as EDF Admiral Kobel, Idk who should play as General Roth; mabey Harvey Kietel would do great, Owen Wilson should play as Colonel Broga, and that's about all that I can think of.

They mabey should use the basic design of the Armadillos from Armageddon to model most of the cars in the movie, and hey, they should show the Mars rover in the background as Alec (Downie) escapes from the Badlands compound with Samanya.

DeletedUser

None of them. Movies made from video games suck. The only thing worse is books made from video games, i.e. all those crappy "Tom Clancy" novels that he had nothing to do with writing.

QFT
No more discussion needed after this point.

DeletedUser

no I think Tron was a good movie based on a game (or was that a game based on the movie, O whatever) well the movie is on G4's "movies that don't suck" list. so it must not suck.

DeletedUser

None of them. Movies made from video games suck. The only thing worse is books made from video games, i.e. all those crappy "Tom Clancy" novels that he had nothing to do with writing.
Would that be Uwe Boll's "adaptations" of video games?

Alone In The Dark,
Far Cry,
In The Name of the King,
Bloodrayne,

etcetera.

That guy should just go put himself out of our miseries.

DeletedUser

Re: Tron. Upon further recollection, it doesn't apply. The video game was based on the movie, not vice versa.

DeletedUser

There have been no real great adaptations from video game to film, however I believe it is possible. Just like someone can make a good movie out of a book, I think it is possible with the right writer and director.

I think the Fallout line of games would make a fantastic series on HBO or Cinemax. A movie could possibly be very good as well.

DeletedUser

He is linking to Wikipedia -- anyone can edit Wikipedia.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Film

In 2004, Crystal Sky Pictures announced they were producing a theatrical flim adaption titled Pac-Man: The Movie. It will combine live-action and special effects. The film was included in a $200 million deal with Grosvenor Park.[42]
this is what i got