video games you would like to see made into a movie

DeletedUser

kind of a spin off of "Books you would like to see made into a movie" but with video games.

what video games out there would you like to see made into a movie?

I think try to bring halo back up as a movie, considering they stopped the production of it a year ago.

or maybe a left 4 dead movie.

DeletedUser8950

LOL David
Mass effect, which I know rights have been purchased for. Would make an epic film
Left4dead would be shocking simplyas the game has no structured storyline other then that "zombies every, omg, kill em!", which is so unoriginal I wouldn't even watch the adverts.
Started playing fallout. Would certainly make good films. Oblivion might be ok I guess.
Halo 1 would make a good film, not sure bout the other two though.

DeletedUser

Gears of War 2 - That has an amazing story line
Ace Combat 6 - Very dramatic

DeletedUser

None of them. Movies made from video games suck. The only thing worse is books made from video games, i.e. all those crappy "Tom Clancy" novels that he had nothing to do with writing.

DeletedUser

Pac-man Starring
hotdogchamp.jpg

DeletedUser

that would be Tron on the positive side and on the negative side there are several times Resident Evil, Super Mario Bros., Far Cry, Postal, Alone in the Dark, Dungeon Siege (did I miss some other adaptions made by the great Uwe Boll?), Tomb Raider, Doom...uh...I dunno, there's hardly any successful and enjoyable movie that was based on a video game.

I'd rather see video games based on movies or, even better, on books.

EDIT:
I just remembered Remi Gaillard and must admit that he did some funny movies based on video games. ("movie" might not be the correct word though)
Mario Kart
PacMan

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

:laugh:

Oh and Street Fighter ;)

And Double Dragon.

Another exception: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! That has to be responsible for more interactive fiction fans than any other game.

DeletedUser8950

There are no absolutes and there are exceptions to every rule, but the very rare exception to this rule doesn't justify another Resident Evil movie.
Yup, also agree about the Tom Clancy novels.
Mass Effect will be an epic film though if it's made, don't shatter my dreams:D

DeletedUser

Metal Gear Solid series have a great story line.
But I heared they were planning on making the movie. Don't know when though.

DeletedUser8950

Metal Gear Solid series have a great story line.
But I heared they were planning on making the movie. Don't know when though.
It wouldn't make a decent set of movies due to the stupidness of 3 and 4. 1 would make a great one and 2 would be decent.

DeletedUser8950

the west of course!
STARRING:Elmyr
Elmyr's a terrible actor, but oh well. So is Nicholas Cage.
Frank Zappa, back from the dead starring as internet meme Elmyr. John Rose plays the tryanical villain, Darknoon runs the whole movie like a chess set and gizmo does whatever.

DeletedUser13682

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2 and the zombie levels on CoD World at War