v1.19 update !

DeletedUser

Is praying some kind of social experiment or has anyone got actual proof of it doing anything? Probably a really wornout subject by now but maybe update 1.19 brings something new... in the stew.

DeletedUser

Prediction:
The update will be delayed due to unforeseen technical glitches
Many people will be pleased with the update
Many more will scream bloody murder and claim the game is dead
the new set bonuses will play merry hell with my reliance on weststats for a bit

Regarding Weststats, we've actually been working pretty hard to make sure our new version is complete in time for 1.19. I think we're about 90% done with implementing the backend and systems for item sets and the job calculator is all ready to go (see below).

itemsets.png

Note: The item set and it's bonuses are fake data for testing purposes and is not what will be in-game.

DeletedUser

I believe that it would be a good idea to introduce trousers in the version(s) to come! Isn't it a bit odd wandering about without trousers (especially on horseback)?

DeletedUser

so as i recall ""bonus" is some set generated LP's ? right ? despite ones you get from set items + skills ?

DeletedUser

itemsets.png

Note: The item set and it's bonuses are fake data for testing purposes and is not what will be in-game.

are the products being used fake, or are products going to help us do jobs now?

I believe that it would be a good idea to introduce trousers in the version(s) to come! Isn't it a bit odd wandering about without trousers (especially on horseback)?

those will be coming, relax. pants are one of the planned updates for 2009. probably after forts come out.

DeletedUser

he (Morthy) said the items posted were for testing purposes only and not what will necessarily be in game.

DeletedUser

he (Morthy) said the items posted were for testing purposes only and not what will necessarily be in game.

i know that. im not talking about item sets at all. he said that the items sets and bonuses are not accurate, but he never said anything about not using products for jobs. im asking because there is most likely a reason he put it in there. why test something out if its not going to be used?

DeletedUser

You are right, he did not mention. I could assume that it would take some product to complete the set judging by the way his mock up looks. That is merely an assumption on my part though.

DeletedUser

are the products being used fake, or are products going to help us do jobs now?

From what I can see products won't directly give you bonuses but will be parts of item sets. You start getting a bonus from an item set after you get 2 items from the set so a product is an easy way to get 1/2 of the way to your first bonus.

DeletedUser

To unlock the quest to get the tutu you have to get and give up Hernando's sword first. Wearing the tutu, you'll finally see results from prayer.
lies, I destroyed the sword and have yet to find a tutu :(

DeletedUser

From what I can see products won't directly give you bonuses but will be parts of item sets. You start getting a bonus from an item set after you get 2 items from the set so a product is an easy way to get 1/2 of the way to your first bonus.

cool, sounds awesome. i checked the beta, and saw how item sets were listed on each item. and i never thought that they would make the riding animals part of the sets too, but its a good idea

lies, I destroyed the sword and have yet to find a tutu :(

did you have Maya destroy it? you have to have Maya destroy the sword, cause when she does it, the curse kills her. then when she dies, Waupee comes over, and destroys the sword for her, and then you get to bury her body. when burying her, you find her will, and she leaves her favorite pink tutu to you. and thats how you get it. its a special quest that requires 3 stone chains and 3 talismans. when she sees you wearing one of the talismans, and have the sword equipped, she gets curious, and starts a story thing. after handing over your 3 talismans and 3 stone chains, see discovers that the necklaces tell of a curse in the sword, and it must be destroyed, and they also tell how to do it. so she offers to help you destroy the sword. but it turns out that there is a part to destroying the sword that only Indians know, and that causes the attempt to destroy it to fail.
its a very interesting little special quest line thing. i think there may also be a time restriction, but i dont know what it is.

DeletedUser

Is praying some kind of social experiment or has anyone got actual proof of it doing anything? Probably a really wornout subject by now but maybe update 1.19 brings something new... in the stew.

Prayer does have a random effect according to a Dev - what the random effect is ... nobody knows.

It could be one of more Luck, Money, XP, (less) Danger or it could be some combo of the 4 or it could do something like unlock items via high Luck jobs ...

And would you guys stop already w the Pink Tutu - only staff can/could access the item.

DeletedUser

Prayer does have a random effect according to a Dev - what the random effect is ... nobody knows.

It could be one of more Luck, Money, XP, (less) Danger or it could be some combo of the 4 or it could do something like unlock items via high Luck jobs ...

And would you guys stop already w the Pink Tutu - only staff can/could access the item.

sorry, i had to. i wanted to see if anyone believed it

yeah, basically what Whistlingleaf said. no one knows what the church actually does, but there are many theories about it.

DeletedUser

As far as the church... I heard something about how you have to put your right foot in, then your right foot out, then you shake it all about.... then you put your left foot in, then your left foot out, then you shake that all about... then your prayer is epic, and you unlock secret stuff.

as far as the pink tutu... I have put tickets in to several tribalwars mods, and thus determined that it is impossible to aquire the tutu unless you are a modelerat0r.

what were we talking about again. delete me

DeletedUser

Why would anyone in their right mind destroy Hernando's sword for a pink tutu.....
Ye gotta be bull.

This update best not add bonuses to the dueller quest items as I sold em all cos they were pants absolute pants.

DeletedUser

Why would anyone in their right mind destroy Hernando's sword for a pink tutu.....
Ye gotta be bull.

This update best not add bonuses to the dueller quest items as I sold em all cos they were pants absolute pants.
Pink tutu > hernando's sword.
At least the tutu is not evil.

DeletedUser

Lol, the Tutu is pure evil, could you imagine being attacked by someone in a pink tutu very scary thought :eek:hmy:

Also the pants, I wouldn't mind but they were leather ones with a hole cut out on the back end, something tells me I was being set up by a few duellers and they were planning on jumping me whilst pointing their weapons where they shouldn't be :unsure: so I sold em straight away.