Unfair: The Melee Dueler

DeletedUser

there are skills then there are Attributes for u to allocate however u want.

if u choose to put everything in one area then u cant complain that u lack in others.
juz like if u choose to be a melee user u cant complain why the other is better in jobs
i see lots of job requiring vigor as well.

everything is open for all to see. like what jobs needin what skills. and which weapon is better for which class.

if u fail on doin ur own research to find out what is better for you then its ur own fault.

Hmm... I wonder which worlds you play and what ranks you hold... I need to do some research on that. Perhaps it would serve you well to do some research on myself, Talamare and yogi1972 as well before being so quick to criticize what we post ;)

DeletedUser

Ill make it simple for you "rip ass"

If you ONLY raise vigor you are left with a few high money jobs at best
If you ONLY raise shooting you are left with a plethora of high money, xp, luck jobs

yes plain and simple aint it? so which would u pick?

Hmm... I wonder which worlds you play and what ranks you hold... I need to do some research on that. Perhaps it would serve you well to do some research on myself, Talamare and yogi1972 as well before being so quick to criticize what we post ;)

plz..... is that suppose to scare me?

i play in world 2 lvl 32 by this same name.
not the best but still not afriad of any of u. im not gonna do any research on you cuz it would be a waste of my time. so what if u are gonna be 10 lvl or more higher then me?
i still dont give a ****
ima say what i want when i want. so yall can juz kiss my cheeks and stick one up urs.

bloody marys think u can push ppl around cuz ur lvl in a game is high?
if u cant take criticism take a walk...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3741

yes plain and simple aint it? so which would u pick?

Thats the point you arent able to understand

Why is this, why should shooting get the greatest jobs and vigor get crap jobs

This is the lack of balance we are insisting on

And this is my last post directed at you, If you still fail to understand then you just simply Fail

DeletedUser

plz..... is that suppose to scare me?

i play in world 2 lvl 32 by this same name.
not the best but still not afriad of any of u. im not gonna do any research on you cuz it would be a waste of my time. so what if u are gonna be 10 lvl or more higher then me?
i still dont give a ****
ima say what i want when i want. so yall can juz kiss my ass and stick one up there.

bloody fags think u can push ppl around cuz ur lvl in a game is high?
if u cant take criticism take a walk...

No I dont post to scare nor to insult.

Btw, a kind word of advice - watch your language - mods patrol these grounds.

And I am level 32 in world 5. lol

so yall can juz kiss my ass and stick one up there.

Huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thanks for the advice...

im juz tryin to get into a healthy debate. dont matter to me if u win it cuz if ur point is more relevant den mine ill gladly admit defeat.
but i dont like it when ppl try to take it into the game and try to make u feel like u cant say sometin cuz ur afriad that sometins gonna happen if u criticize them

anyways no harm done anyways.

DeletedUser

This isnt a healthy debate. That requires both sides to make valid and non-fallacious points. I dont look down on anyone. But if you look I had plainly stated my case and the first two people to respond made points that had nothing to do with my statement. Not only did they respond that way they expected their points to be valid. Blah. I called them out. Simple as that.

Just because everything is openly out in the light for everyone to see doesnt mean that the game is balanced. Balance should not take into consideration a players choices. I am using game theory here so if you dont understand this then dont say I am wrong. The developers came up with two dueling systems. If both systems are playing at the optimal intended build, as the developers expected, then they should have the same amount of advantages and disadvantages. This is not something that can be argued from a players personal choice preferanceas it has nothing to do with them.

Now lets get to my point. Ranged dueler has a TON of jobs that give a TON of high luck jobs. Making it more likely they will geet a special weapon. Now these special weapons are like getting a weapon 30-40 levels better than the ones found in stores. If these weapons can only be found during jobs and all the jobs are tilted to one system then there is an imbalance.

Ofcourse I havent even brung up all the other imbalances (notice I am not saying disadvantage, which is something completely different) of the melee dueler, just the most obvious. Let me state here there are many more imbalances but I am only pushing for a fix on this one.

Yogi

DeletedUser

its isnt healthy cuz ppl dont agree with u?

i still think if it aint broken dont fix it. cheers. n gd luck with this...

DeletedUser

It isn't healthy because you aren't addressing the point, and are personally attacking the other side.

Yogi I am not sure how many jobs, the ranged duelers get, but as a worker I have points invested in relatively the same area as a melee dueler would use. And I have noticed that the only high level luck job we get is Firefighter. I find this unfair to say the least. True, we have high experience jobs, and ranged duelers have high money jobs, but luck should be the balancing point.

DeletedUser

its isnt healthy cuz ppl dont agree with u?

i still think if it aint broken dont fix it. cheers. n gd luck with this...

my point exactly...you cant even make a VALID or NON-FALLACIOUS point. I said nothing about agreeing with me. And just because you dont agree with me doesnt mean you made a valid or non-fallacious point.

Yogi-

DeletedUser

I think an example of what they don't like is -

Out of the top 30 jobs (only based on luck), 15 have shooting as a requirement, 2 have vigor. In addition, all except for 5 require at least one blue skill, but there are 15 that don't use any red skills. Since they're the main source of the best weapons in the game (it might be possible to get something from a slightly lower ranked job, but I have no idea), only those who have the high blue skills, especially shooting, will be likely to have access to those weapons.

One Armed Ninja

Yea to be honest the best luck job a melee dueler can get is bounty hunter, but then ranged dueler also get which is kinda unfair as they get so many more of the hig luck jobs also.

For the record my first character's a melee dueler

DeletedUser

why din u quote the one which i said "juz a few examples. and yes some firearms are better den melee weapon."
im not pickin and choosing what i wan ppl to see if thats what u mean.(like some ppl)
its juz some examples..

and if im reading what u said correctly you are sayin that it is fair between both weapon. which is what i have been sayin all along.

Part of the "unintelligence" is your stupid elitespeak. Why don't you learn to speak and write English or is it too tough for you?

DeletedUser

Ill make it simple for you "rip ass"

If you ONLY raise vigor you are left with a few high money jobs at best
If you ONLY raise shooting you are left with a plethora of high money, xp, luck jobs
He won't understand, he hasn't even learned to write and speak proper English yet for god sake.

DeletedUser

I think an example of what they don't like is -

Out of the top 30 jobs (only based on luck), 15 have shooting as a requirement, 2 have vigor. In addition, all except for 5 require at least one blue skill, but there are 15 that don't use any red skills. Since they're the main source of the best weapons in the game (it might be possible to get something from a slightly lower ranked job, but I have no idea), only those who have the high blue skills, especially shooting, will be likely to have access to those weapons.

I agree that from what we know now, the game is imbalanced, favoring the shooter. Let's wait until higher difficulty jobs appear (for example tunnel building, hydro dam building, archeology, etc), maybe those will restore the balance towards vigor/strength. (Archeology shouldn't require shooting, and must have a nice luck rating).

DeletedUser

Lol :D

Overall, rangers do get better jobs later in the game, melee fighters get the good, early jobs early in the game, so really, its a win win in my eyes.

Who said you had to put all your skill into a skill area that gives no good jobs? Why not 3 in vigor or shooting, and the attribute in mobility, cause there's a hellovalot of good jobs that need skills in mobility.

DeletedUser

So really, if you like a pure dueler, and have 1, then its not made for jobs, dodo. Go duel people with lots of money in a big town with only a level 1 bank.