Unfair: The Melee Dueler

DeletedUser

Why is it that the melee dueler has no high luck jobs that fall within a melee duelers natural skill set? Almost ALL of the high luck jobs have shooting as a Requirement. This gives all the best weapons to the ranged dueler. I have tried most combinations but unless a melee dueler becomes a ranged dueler for most of their career then switches off to the melee later in the game there is no chance for the melee character to compete.

please rectify this, as it takes months to fix a character through the shamans incredibly high prices. We need more jobs anyways.

Yogi-

DeletedUser

I am a melee dueller and I have not encountered this problem...

DeletedUser

do you own any of the special weapons that are only available in the higher luck jobs?

DeletedUser

do you own any of the special weapons that are only available in the higher luck jobs?

Yes I do :D ...

Oh forgot to say... Melee is my preferred duelling option... but dueller is not my character class.... but even so they should have invested in appearance as so should have access to trading with Indians and evangelizing... with the correct work wear...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

so you get the lower special weapons...but...do you have access to any of the higher ones??? And not being a dueler is a huge advantage for you. We have to invest points in places that arent optimal for good jobs

DeletedUser

so you get the lower special weapons...but...do you have access to any of the higher ones??? And not being a dueler is a huge advantage for you. We have to invest points in places that arent optimal for good jobs

Just because you have chosen to be a dueller does not mean you "have" to invest skill points into Duelling Skills.... that is "your" choice.... as it is my choice to invest skill points in jobs and and duelling.... ;) ... although I have found soldiers to be better dueller's than dueller's ...

DeletedUser

why dont they provide jobs for the other half of the weapon base??? So many dumb responses. I said this was a problem that MELEE AND DUELING have. That means both of them combined. Like Ranged Dueler.

Ofcourse it is easier for an adventurer to get to the high luck jobs because they are not forced to put their points into skills that do not directly translate into high end jobs.

Ofcourse it would be easier for me to just switch to firearms...that doesnt fix the problem that there is with the melee luck jobs.

Jesus Christ...can I get one decently intelligent person to respond?

Yogi-

DeletedUser

back to the main topic. if thats the case i think its fair.

melee weapom have higher damage den most range weapon of the same lvl.

so stop complaining. anyway its ur choice what kind of weapon u wanna use.

dont like a melee one? sell it or whatever..

DeletedUser

Ask an intelligent question and you'll get an intelligent answer. a little condescending ha? you got some answers, just because you don't like them or are not what you expected doesn't mean their not intelligent.

In this game you make a choice and live with it, being a melee dueler has it's advantages and it's disadvantages, melee dueler makes more damage in a duel then the fire armed one, and fire armed duelers get better jobs, I guess, then melee ones. deal with it.

DeletedUser

aint that what i juz said?

oh well dont hurt for someone els to stress it. haha cheers

DeletedUser

aint that what i juz said?

oh well dont hurt for someone els to stress it. haha cheers

all weapons (ranged and meleE) do about the same amount of dmg. its just schatered in levels.
melee goes like 20 30 35 40
while ranged goes like 20 25 35 40...

also at the end, best melee are almost as same as best ranged...
so

inteligent queston is still unanswered.

DeletedUser

for 1st few lvl they are about the same but after that..

Name Damage level

Pepperbox revolver 23-57 40
Machete 10-70 40

Smiss & Wesson No. 1 49-57 50
Conquistador sword 48-60 50

Peacemaker 55-99 65
Lumberjack axe 25-127 65

juz a few examples. and yes some firearms are better den melee weapon.

but the point is the unfairness of using firearms over melee. and i dont see any.
and for your "intelligent question"?

no one is forcing anyone to use any weapon. if u find one weapon is better den the other use it. if u dont wan to dont complain.

DeletedUser3741

I am truly amazed by the amount of asinine posts in this thread

"if u find one weapon is better den the other use it. if u dont wan to dont complain."

What a inane thing to say, The game should be balanced that both are viable, not just one

Both weapons do about same amount of damage

Pepperbox revolver 23-57 = 80
Machete 10-70 = 80

Smiss & Wesson No. 1 49-57 = 106
Conquistador sword 48-60 = 108

Peacemaker 55-99 = 154
Lumberjack axe 25-127 = 152

Add the Min and Max damage and you will see in the long run they do same amount of damage

If 2 things are available but they make 1 clearly better then the other, its called UNBALANCED, a game should strive for all aspects of it to be BALANCED

Also in reality Shooting does more damage since it shares the line with Aim, so you dont need to waste any points not in shooting to become accurate, allowing you to get a MUCH higher skill total in your damage

DeletedUser

why din u quote the one which i said "juz a few examples. and yes some firearms are better den melee weapon."
im not pickin and choosing what i wan ppl to see if thats what u mean.(like some ppl)
its juz some examples..

and if im reading what u said correctly you are sayin that it is fair between both weapon. which is what i have been sayin all along.

DeletedUser3741

No

Do NOT misunderstand on purpose

Just because they technically do same base damage from weapons does not mean anything, There are much more factors at work then just weapon

Mainly the biggest factor hes mentioning are the jobs provided by the weapon skill(vigor and shooting)

DeletedUser

No

Do NOT misunderstand on purpose

Just because they technically do same base damage from weapons does not mean anything, There are much more factors at work then just weapon

Mainly the biggest factor hes mentioning are the jobs provided by the weapon skill(vigor and shooting)

Yes, I read a lot of the previous posts that refer to the damage done by melee vs ranged <<<<<< That's off topic imo

Like Talamare said, Yogi is talking about the lack of JOBS that give melee duelers the range of xp that a shooting dueler would enjoy.

And the lack of luck jobs that would give a melee dueler a special weapon for eg the Granmont pistol (which say, a trapper/shooting dueler can possibly have a chance of getting).

If a melee dueler is putting skill points into similar areas that a worker is placing his or her skill points, the same imbalance would also apply for workers.

And yes, I agree with Yogi that there is technically an imbalance. I guess new jobs might solve some of that - if the developers are planning on some.

DeletedUser

there are skills then there are Attributes for u to allocate however u want.

if u choose to put everything in one area then u cant complain that u lack in others.
juz like if u choose to be a melee user u cant complain why the other is better in jobs
i see lots of job requiring vigor as well.

everything is open for all to see. like what jobs needin what skills. and which weapon is better for which class.

if u fail on doin ur own research to find out what is better for you then its ur own fault.

DeletedUser3741

Ill make it simple for you "rip ass"

If you ONLY raise vigor you are left with a few high money jobs at best
If you ONLY raise shooting you are left with a plethora of high money, xp, luck jobs