Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser

I have both the import button and Calculator working as expected. However here are few observations. May be I am mistaken. If so feel free to correct me.

I have Firefox 10.0.2. The Greasemonkey scripts I am using are
The West Quest Helper, The Cloth Calc and Import, Building Shortcuts, Petee's Utilities, Quest Requirements and Market helper.

1. When I open my browser and log on successfully to The west world, firefox completely freezes for two to 3 minutes while the Calculator button is initializing and is in semi transparent state. You can't do anything on that page during this time.
2. When you launch the Calculator, it asks me to log-on to TW-DB ostensibly to renew the cookie. When I open TW-DB, it recognizes my existing cookie and has me automatically logged in.
a. Why didn't the Script do the same ?
b. If it was going to ask me to log on, why did it not ask when initializing?
3. As to the Calculations themselves, well may be I am wrong or missing something. But some of the calculations I tested did not take into consideration other better items.

For ex. I am trying the option of Range Dueler Attack. The Calculator tells me to use Necklace of Endearment rather than my Golden Bullet. Wasn't effect of Appearance on duel minimized ? Isn't the +3 Mobility and +3 Dex of the Bullet more important than what the Necklace is giving ?

Another example. When I am doing Fortbattle (all 4 choices), the calculator wants to use my Gentleman set. It ignored my Fancy tie giving +10 Health +10 Leadership. Instead it chose Black Tie. Same goes with Duelling weapon in Fort Fights. How does the +2 Dodge of a Paperbox Revolver fare with +4 hiding of the Belle Starr?

Slygoxx

I have no idea how to fix the first 2 issues, but allow me to comment on the third.

While I do not know the exact way the calculator calculates, the necklace of endearment gives a +15 bonus on appearance, and as such, a +15 bonus to ranged attack. A golden bullet gives +3 dodging, shooting and aim, and +2 appearance. That equals to a bonus of +11 to ranged attack. +15 is higher than +12, so the necklace of endearment is deemed better.

As for the fort battle calculator, I once again do not know exactly how it is done, but +4 hiding from belle Starr's deringer is not necessarily better than +2 dodging from a pepperbox revolver, it all depends on your current skill allocation. Without this, I can not say if the calculator calculates it correctly.

It is, in any case, not advisable to follow any calculator blindly, except when it comes to jobs, then they're correct most of the time. For duelling and fort fights it's best to select the clothing yourself.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Following on from the previous posts - how does the site choose best clothing when 2 items confer equal benefit? Would it be possible to flag if 2 items give the same bonus, because I only keep items that are essential. Atm the site may show that I need an item to do a job, whereas there may be a second item that is just as good and which is used elsewhere, so I could sell the first item and get the cash if I knew about this.

DeletedUser

Hi,

First off thanks for the prompt response. I understand you many not be able to help with 1& 2. That's probably for the author.

Just so the Mods are aware. Even though I mentioned my question with regards to the calculation, I don't want this to go off-topic. My question was script specific.

While I do not know the exact way the calculator calculates, the necklace of endearment gives a +15 bonus on appearance, and as such, a +15 bonus to ranged attack. A golden bullet gives +3 dodging, shooting and aim, and +2 appearance. That equals to a bonus of +11 to ranged attack. +15 is higher than +12, so the necklace of endearment is deemed better.

For a Job yes this makes sense. The Numerical superiority of the overall Labor Points Number will matter. So +15 to the Labor points is better than +11.

However when it comes to Duelling, you need certain kind of Attributes enhanced. In case of Range Dueler, you want Aim, Shooting and Dodging. Previously Appearance and Reflex used to matter but not any longer (Not great extent anyway). TWPRO used to get this correct. It used to tell me to go for the Golden Bullet.
Would it be possible to flag if 2 items give the same bonus, because I only keep items that are essential.
Well you know what ?That's something this calculator has got it right. It correctly picks up my Gentleman set rather than other individual items.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16928

1. When I open my browser and log on successfully to The west world, firefox completely freezes for two to 3 minutes while the Calculator button is initializing and is in semi transparent state. You can't do anything on that page during this time.
This doesn't necessarily have to be our script, some other JS script may freeze up the page and so the calc button remains looking disabled until the particular script's execution is finished. In any case, it's not supposed to happen, of course.
The best advice I can give is to disable all your extensions except for the calculator and refresh the page a couple times to see if the problem persists. If it stops happening, enable your other scripts one by one to see which one causes the problem. Then just report it's name so that we can have a look at potential compatibility issues.
2. When you launch the Calculator, it asks me to log-on to TW-DB ostensibly to renew the cookie. When I open TW-DB, it recognizes my existing cookie and has me automatically logged in.
a. Why didn't the Script do the same ?
b. If it was going to ask me to log on, why did it not ask when initializing?
The script actually IS designed to make full use of the permanent login. Something must be wrong though, I recommend that you have a look at the second part of this post: http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=615412&postcount=560. It might be related to your problem, even though I can't imagine why would the permanent login not work while normal does. Try to manually log out on our site, or even better, clear your tw-db.info cookies. Also please manually update your script from this page http://tw-db.info/?strana=userscript. And don't forget to let me know if any of this has been of help.

DeletedUser

Hi,

First off thanks for the prompt response. I understand you many not be able to help with 1& 2. That's probably for the author.

Just so the Mods are aware. Even though I mentioned my question with regards to the calculation, I don't want this to go off-topic. My question was script specific.

For a Job yes this makes sense. The Numerical superiority of the overall Labor Points Number will matter. So +15 to the Labor points is better than +11.

However when it comes to Duelling, you need certain kind of Attributes enhanced. In case of Range Dueler, you want Aim, Shooting and Dodging. Previously Appearance and Reflex used to matter but not any longer (Not great extent anyway). TWPRO used to get this correct. It used to tell me to go for the Golden Bullet.

There is no 'best set' for duelling. Even if the duelling formula were known (which it isn't), there would be different best sets for ranged, melee, offence and defence. Also, base build and buffs may come into consideration if some factors are non-linear. FF factors are definitely non-linear, so your best set would change according to your base build and whatever buffs you had. It would even depend on where you positioned and (theoretically) change as you moved in battle.

Well you know what ?That's something this calculator has got it right. It correctly picks up my Gentleman set rather than other individual items.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. If 2 items of the same type provide the same work boost (say Pants1 = +15 stamina and Pants2 = +15 tactics to a job that uses stamina and tactics) how does the algorithm decide which to show? It makes a difference because if I didn't need Pants1 for any other job I could sell them, knowing that Pants2 would do just as well in this case.

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot Petee for the time and your advice.

The best advice I can give is to disable all your extensions except for the calculator and refresh the page a couple times to see if the problem persists.

Try to manually log out on our site, or even better, clear your tw-db.info cookies. Also please manually update your script from this page http://tw-db.info/?strana=userscript.

Ok Tried these step. A list of all the scripts I use is in my previous post. My inventories are correctly imported on TW-db. For both the characters it is correctly allocated. As a matter of fact it also got my Quest Progress correct.

1. I disabled them all and deleted Cloth Calc Script.
2. Downloaded the cloth calculator script from TW-DB link you gave.
3. Deleted The West cookie, deleted TW-INFO cookies.
4. Next Logged in TW-db and manually logged out. Deleted TW-db cookies again.
5. Logged on to The West. First to W15.
6. When the script was initializing, the browser page froze for about 1 & 1/2 minutes.
7. Next Logged out of W15 logged in to W14 in the same window. Again browser page froze for about 2 minutes.

Please note my W15 character is younger than W14. So W15 character has a tiny inventory overall. W14 inventory on the other hand is way lot bigger.

There is no 'best set' for duelling. Even if the duelling formula were known (which it isn't), there would be different best sets for ranged, melee, offence and defence.

This is why I am making a simple comparison. Put my Skill screen and Calculator side by side. Check the Skill change as I change.

how does the algorithm decide which to show? It makes a difference because if I didn't need Pants1 for any other job I could sell them, knowing that Pants2 would do just as well in this case.

Me, I am a pack rat. I will not sell any piece of clothing unless its duplicate. Who knows there might be some obscure job that might come by where suddenly this will help ?

DeletedUser

Anyone an idea what I can do to solve this problem?

I use TW-DB on all my worlds, .net and .nl and also the beta server. No problems, it works great.

Yesterday I started again on W12 .net
If I use the menu and click on a job to see what clothes I need to wear it says:

Fatal Error
A black hole has absorbed the server response.

I deleted the script, installed it again, imported everything, but still the same. :huh:

O, I use Google Chrome.

DeletedUser16928

I was able to reproduce the bug on that server. It's a bug in both the calculator and the game code (an uncaught java exception on their server causes that error report). I've provided scoobydoo with some information to fix the problem on our site. Thanks for reporting. :)

DeletedUser

thanks for that report.

There is a bug on script that results in sending a malformed requests to innos server
this happens if you have an inventory with only few items, so that the best wearset for some jobs is empty and you select such an job on joblist, so in most cases this would only happen for fresh characters

will be fixed in next version

and a little comment to the calculation of custom jobs like duel and forts
the declaration of the parameters which skill should be prefered throught the calculation is static at the moment on the userscript, this was done by the way "it's better than nothing" feel free to go to the calculator on tw-db.info and get declare your own parameters for duel, fort or own skill settings and get the wearing set for it
on next version of userscript you will be able to copy this parameter to the userscript, so you have the wearset directly ingame

DeletedUser

The job calculator isn't showing the clothes to me. It calculates without them after I import my inventory. Also when I click the calc inventory -
inv.jpg
- it's blank and doesn't show a single item. What am I doing wrong?

DeletedUser

I am still experiencing Page Freeze on the-west.net server while the Script is initializing.

Browser - Firefox 10.0.2
GreaseMonkey - v0.9.18

No other Scripts running except TW-DB Import (version 1.2.2) and cloth Calculator Eng (Version 0.04 Rev 34).

DeletedUser

tw-db calculator

I disabled the jobs I can't do, then listed all jobs from highest xp to lowest. The top 3 xp jobs I have right now according to the calculator are harvesting potatoes, well drilling and setting up telegraph poles. Luckily I noticed in game that I could also do exploration, which is the 2nd highest xp job over well drilling but it's nowhere to found on my calculator. I use the tw-db quick import button and my stats show on the site, so I don't know why jobs would be missing.

DeletedUser

Moved to external sites discussion, since this is not about the game, but about a third party site/script/tool which does not belong to InnoGames.

DeletedUser

I am still experiencing Page Freeze on the-west.net server while the Script is initializing.

Browser - Firefox 10.0.2
GreaseMonkey - v0.9.18

No other Scripts running except TW-DB Import (version 1.2.2) and cloth Calculator Eng (Version 0.04 Rev 34).

shows your error console some messages? (SHIFT+CTRL+J)?

I disabled the jobs I can't do, then listed all jobs from highest xp to lowest. The top 3 xp jobs I have right now according to the calculator are harvesting potatoes, well drilling and setting up telegraph poles. Luckily I noticed in game that I could also do exploration, which is the 2nd highest xp job over well drilling but it's nowhere to found on my calculator. I use the tw-db quick import button and my stats show on the site, so I don't know why jobs would be missing.

do you have a red cross icon top of the pencil icon? if yes, then click on it, like the message at icon popup is telling you updating the calc-data
a fresh import will not update the calc-data ingame and is also not necessary
the update of calc-data can be only done through that red cross icon
the import to tw-db.info is only a prerequisite that you are allowed to use the ingame cloth calc, but this imported data could also be a month old because the ingame calc gets the relevant data directly from ingame at the point you click on that red cross icon

edit
the Google Chrome freezes are a Bug on Game itself, that unfortunately this script often trigger

edit2
good news, raiNY seems to know why this happens and will fix it

DeletedUser

The calc seems to be sorting luck jobs by their luck%, not by my actual drop values. Is this a problem with the calc itself or do I need to clear cookies and/or cache?

xDEoR.png

DeletedUser

The job calculator isn't showing the clothes to me. It calculates without them after I import my inventory. Also when I click the calc inventory -
inv.jpg
- it's blank and doesn't show a single item. What am I doing wrong?

So... any idea why the calc doesn't count the inv items when calculating jobs? Is this general or only happening to me? Any idea how to fix it?

DeletedUser16928

So... any idea why the calc doesn't count the inv items when calculating jobs? Is this general or only happening to me? Any idea how to fix it?
Uhm, sorry, I forgot to reply the last time :-/... Please give me your in-game nickname (I didn't find any account named druantia) and world, your browser, also in case you have an account on our site, please check if running the game import window displays the message: The imported data was assigned to the account: ...

DeletedUser

Thanks ScoobyDoo

shows your error console some messages? (SHIFT+CTRL+J)?
edit2

Yes I do have Errors in the Error Console. Apologies should have looked the last time.

A Lot of errors related to User Select Declaration dropped errors.
Timestamp: Mar 16 2012 12:40:22 PM
Warning: Unknown property 'user-select'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://en15.the-west.net/cache/game.css?1331821672
Line: 10842

Warning: Unknown property 'zoom'. Declaration dropped.
Line: 11476

Warning: Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration.
Line: 11476

Warning: Unknown property 'zoom'. Declaration dropped.
Line: 11483

Timestamp: Mar 16 2012 12:40:23 PM
Error: FB is not defined
Source File: http://en15.the-west.net/game.php
Line: 976

Timestamp: Mar 16 2012 12:40:24 PM
Error: Market is not defined
Line: 44

Timestamp: Mar 16 2012 12:40:23 PM
Warning: Unknown property 'text-style'. Declaration dropped.
Line: 1

This is just a smaller subset. Hopefully helps. Let me know if you need the whole List.

edit2
Also does your EDIT2 apply to me ?