Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser

Worlds Vanishing

Hi there,

Is it just me, or are other people's worlds vanishing from the select options once you run the sync script?

DeletedUser16928

Sorry guys, but apparently the server is down again. This time it seems to be a hardware issue, as I can't even get a ping /(confirmed, it's indeed a hardware problem of our web host, they're already trying to resolve it - fixed!)/. I'm really sorry for all the recent problems... :(
By the way, I can now tell for sure that the yesterday's morning downtime was caused by an attack. To be more specific, somebody from Russia has used a vulnerability scanner to scan/attack our website, successfully finding a hole (I didn't exactly have time or will to make this fansite completely bulletproof) and messing up the PHP module. I already have a very good clue about the person's identity, still waiting for his reply. Let's just hope the person didn't actually want to harm us, otherwise I'd like to know why would somebody possibly want to do that...

Is it just me, or are other people's worlds vanishing from the select options once you run the sync script?
Try to make sure you are ALWAYS logged in when using the import script (I recommend permanent login). Right now the script is set to unplug the TW-DB account from the world if the import was done while not logged in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you for all the work you, abedy, and scoobydoo put in to keep this site up and running! It's a shame that you have to deal with stuff like this....

DeletedUser16928

I have something new for you...

I've just finished the ItemInfo feature - you can now go to the items section, click on any of the items and be forwarded to a section with some extended information gathered from all over our database.

Currently the page included two tables
  • ways how you can get this item
    • some less obvious - quests, jobs, recipes, achievements, special
    • and also some really obvious like buying the item on the market or from the trader - this data should actually be 100% correct (unlike the tradeable flags in the popups - to be cleaned up later)
  • activities in the game where this items is used
    • again, there are quests, fort construction, recipes, special
    • and obvious things like selling it :)
  • There are links to the related sections for almost every record and the section uses your imported data to mark the count of this item in your inventory and the completion of related quests.
The aim of the section is to prevent too many people asking the same questions on the forums - where can I get that new item I just saw on TW-DB? What is it good for? It is also a way how you can tell another player what item are you talking about - simply send a link to this specific item, which was not possible before.

Most of those 'special' activities are yet to be added, you can definitely help by posting all the information you know about the item in this thread (or via PM's).

DeletedUser34147

Inventory will not open now

Hello, after installing TW-pro my Inventory will not open now. It just says "Please Wait" I have TW-pro on another world and it works fine, but not on Colorado. Level 58 on Colorado.
Level 96 on another world. Any Ideas? Thank you

DeletedUser21299

cant filter belts

hi

I cant filter the belt like if I wont hp belt its says
Unknown column 'id' in 'field list'

the same for pants

please fix.

niklas

DeletedUser

Petee, having issues with the Account area. The email notification for activation does not seem to be sending the confirmation email. I believe this could be restricting access to the new Clothing Calculator (V 0.1).

Can I also make a suggestion. For account lost password retrieval, can you have the email address only as the identifier? Because the nickname is not linked to the player account name in The West, the nickname chosen could be anything. If a player is requesting their password, there is every chance that the nickname is forgotten as well.

Thanks for your good work.

DeletedUser16928

Petee, having issues with the Account area. The email notification for activation does not seem to be sending the confirmation email. I believe this could be restricting access to the new Clothing Calculator (V 0.1).
Thank you very much, I don't even want to think about how long it was not working... But the e-mail activation doesn't restrict you from using any of our features (except lost password retrieval e-mails), so your problem with the cloth calc has to be elsewhere... Please, try to provide a bit more information...
Can I also make a suggestion. For account lost password retrieval, can you have the email address only as the identifier? Because the nickname is not linked to the player account name in The West, the nickname chosen could be anything. If a player is requesting their password, there is every chance that the nickname is forgotten as well.
Well, I think such cases are pretty rare, so if somebody has forgotten the nickname too, he should just write us from the e-mail he used to sign up (after using our contact form to get in touch with us) and we will find the nickname for him...

DeletedUser

One minor thing TW-DB has always lacked is a product list. I know all products are listed, but it's not in the best format for new players to find what product drops from what job. Instead of being listed alphabetically like West Stats, they have to go through the list and find the right picture of the product, which can be hard if you've never seen the product before. Even if there were an option to sort them alphabetically, I think it would be much easier if you could see the names of the products.

DeletedUser

One minor thing TW-DB has always lacked is a product list. I know all products are listed, but it's not in the best format for new players to find what product drops from what job. Instead of being listed alphabetically like West Stats, they have to go through the list and find the right picture of the product, which can be hard if you've never seen the product before. Even if there were an option to sort them alphabetically, I think it would be much easier if you could see the names of the products.

Showing the product name is not a good idea because of the tw-db layout. There's a search function so you can type the product name, then you can simply click on it and see how you can get that product.

DeletedUser

Showing the product name is not a good idea because of the tw-db layout. There's a search function so you can type the product name, then you can simply click on it and see how you can get that product.

I don't need the help, new players do. Why force them to learn how to navigate a third party site when a simple alphabetical list, as West Stats has, is much simpler and more user friendly. The more times you consult a list, the more you'll pick up besides what you're looking for. Search and you learn absolutely nothing besides the specific product you're looking for.

Did I say the current product page should be replaced? No, I said it LACKED a product list.

DeletedUser25169

I have question regarding mexican gold... I just finished quest today and I did get the money and ep... (quest_id: 849);
but i didn't get the old man hackett gun...
is this optional or?!?!?!

DeletedUser

Item reward as added in 1.34 so you have to wait for update, then you get your item :)

DeletedUser

I press the link in your sig abedy but I keep getting this msg...

404 Not Found

nginx/0.7.65

DeletedUser

hey abedy...
my ingame calculator is gone.
is there a link for that too?